• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marijuana devastated Colorado, don’t legalize it nationally (OP-ED)

Nah... got my wife right behind me sharing a bottle of wine. As you were... keep responding to yourself.

Apparently she's happier drinking, since her husband has his face in a screen, dreaming up nonexistent nonsense to bitch about.

Rest of the nation needs to follow suit, and raise that limit....

Washington is 4 plants per household.
I believe California is 6 plants.

Apparently she's happier drinking, since her husband has his face in a screen, dreaming up nonexistent nonsense to bitch about.

We are actually watching "The Good Doctor" and talking while I'm here occasionally typing to lesser intelligent beings.

Legalize it and impose very harsh penalties for anyone giving it to minors or driving under the influence. When compared to alcohol there is zero 0 zilch nada reason why marijuana should be recreationally illegal.

yeah but, the sky is falling... yawn

Washington is 4 plants per household.
I believe California is 6 plants.

As long as one is not selling it, should be the citizen's choice, IMHO.

Our courts are already overflowing with real cases.

Fair enough. I think you'll have a hard time finding conclusive evidence that it's a gate way drug or that there is more driving arrests/accidents.

I suppose it depends on one's personal view of what a gateway drug is. I am a 64 year old man, will be 65 before the year ends. I can only judge based on what i have witnessed. Nearly every pot smoke I have personally known in my lifetime went on one or more hard core drugs. Getting past one taboo generally leads to the next taboo.

I'll stand by my thought that regulation and taxes are easier when it's legal.

It's not all about taxes to me. I want our streets and highways to be as safe as possible. I also want to feel safe that when walking out of the offices and into the warehouse at work, there are no stoned fork lift drivers I will not willingly give up safety just because many pot smokers feel that legal weed is a fairness issue.

1000's and 1000's died from alcohol abuse every year.No one has ever died from using pot. FACT

Depends on what you call abuse. Yes, you can die from consuming a toxic quantity of alcohol. You can also die from consuming a toxic quantity of pot brownies. And as the link below points out, there are other ways that both alcohol and pot kill.

https://familycouncil.org/?p=11795

Saying marijuana…has never killed anyone is like saying tobacco has never killed anyone. Nobody dies from a tobacco overdose. You can’t smoke yourself to death. And yet nobody would dispute that tobacco causes death. … You die from lung cancer–you don’t die from smoking. You die from what smoking did to your lungs, which is a direct effect from smoking. And so in that same way marijuana does kill people in the form of mental illnesses and suicide, in the form of car crashes. … You can’t say marijuana doesn’t kill.”

I suppose it depends on one's personal view of what a gateway drug is. I am a 64 year old man, will be 65 before the year ends. I can only judge based on what i have witnessed. Nearly every pot smoke I have personally known in my lifetime went on one or more hard core drugs. Getting past one taboo generally leads to the next taboo.

I'm coming 68, same gen … pretty much; I think you're exaggerating. I've known and know a lot a pot heads, "MOST" of them are cool with that. Not saying some of them don't TRY something harder, but generally those that do don't get hooked … yes some do.

It's not all about taxes to me. I want our streets and highways to be as safe as possible.

If one thing's been proven to me it's that people will get what they want, MJ is proof positive of that. May as well tax it AND regulate it.

I also want to feel safe that when walking out of the offices and into the warehouse at work, there are no stoned fork lift drivers I will not willingly give up safety just because many pot smokers feel that legal weed is a fairness issue.

Most work places have policies about substance abuse on the job; "if you,re wired you're fired" -willie nelson.

I'm coming 68, same gen … pretty much; I think you're exaggerating. I've known and know a lot a pot heads, "MOST" of them are cool with that. Not saying some of them don't TRY something harder, but generally those that do don't get hooked … yes some do.

While your experiances may have been different, I am not exaggerating at all. I can only go by my own experiances. Almost without exception, everyone that I ever knew on a regular basis who smoked pot went on to hard core drugs. Hooked or not, they did those drugs on a regular basis.

If one thing's been proven to me it's that people will get what they want, MJ is proof positive of that. May as well tax it AND regulate it.

Making it legal removes the "taboo" factor. More and more will imbibe. That has already occurred in the states that have legalized it.

Most work places have policies about substance abuse on the job; "if you,re wired you're fired" -willie nelson.

Not enough. The average so-called "drug free work place" policy is to give a drug test to all new hires and then random tests selected by computer. My place of employment touted "drug free work place" when I was hired over 29 years ago and still does. Yet I have been randomly picked for a drug test only once and that was over 20 years ago.

OK, but why? So we can fill up jails with petty drug busts, miss out on tax revenue and make criminals out of otherwise responsible people?

And make the roads, highways and roads safer? Works for me.

Was it John Boehner who used to go all out "Mer-low" but now goes for a "Kentucky bluegrass, feather bent and northern CA Sensimilla. The amazing thing about this stuff is that you can play 36 holes in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejezeesus -belt at night on this stuff" high ?

Wasn't John Boehner the crying speaker of the house?

Back
Top Bottom