• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man slammed 13 year old boy to ground for not removing hat during national anthem

Crazy people also don't like to be ordered around by total strangers at a public event. Good thing the teenager isn't crazy. I hope he's recovered/recovering.

I sense you are trying to make a point, in your first 2 statements, but I can't comment because it doesn't make any sense. Agreed on the 3rd statement.

Cursing equals cracked skull; is that the message you want to convey?

Looks like the little brat needed to be taught some manners. Wouldn't you say?

I dont know who that is.

About 90% of college is a waste of time. Imagine running a college knowing you waste 4 years of young peoples lives and put them tens of thousands of dollars in debt and dont even guarantee they will get a job in their field.

I don't know about 90% but a good portion of basic classes don't have much to do with someones degree. Unless you attribute it to rounding out your education or preparing you for a higher level of study.

If you have a point, it is probably a good idea to actually make it. in my opinion, Brockway didn't slam him for not respecting the anthem, he slammed him after he got cursed at after he told the kid what to do. We aren't discussing other cases, we are discussing this case, so if you want to make a different argument, make it to someone else.

Regardless, Brockway was dead wrong for slamming the kid, or are you arguing something else?

I made my comment clearly, and I did not even try to oppose your claim that "Brockway didn't slam him for not respecting the anthem, he slammed him after he got cursed." Even if this is a correct, it does not make cursing the "cause" of the physical violence for the reason I explained in my previous post. The curse was just the trigger that exposed the deficiency of the attacker's character or/and his state of mind. A normal person does not become violent just because someone curses at him/her.

The teenager wearing a hat was the cause of the assault? Not the fact that the rodeo vigilante has less self control than a 13-year-old boy and took it upon himself to beat a stranger child in public in front of lots of witnesses?

Reminds you of the attack by the media on the Kentucky private school student.

Actually, he also said that was the fault of liberalism, so it's even worse.

So you can accuse Trump of being responsible for shootings by nutjobs, but you cannot accuse Liberalism of being responsible for slamming this kid. Typical left wing thinking.

You need more than one lesson, doncha think?

What would change?

Judging by past events, when its a Trump supporter its instantly Trumps fault. I suspect if the guy who slammed the kid was a liberal he would have been driven to action and somehow justified but it would never be the fault of any liberal leader.

So you can accuse Trump of being responsible for shootings by nutjobs, but you cannot accuse Liberalism of being responsible for slamming this kid. Typical left wing thinking.

Did I say that Trump was responsible for the El Paso shooting? Or are you just lumping me in with others who've said that?

I made my comment clearly, and I did not even try to oppose your claim that "Brockway didn't slam him for not respecting the anthem, he slammed him after he got cursed." Even if this is a correct, it does not make cursing the "cause" of the physical violence for the reason I explained in my previous post. The curse was just the trigger that exposed the deficiency of the attacker's character or/and his state of mind. A normal person does not become violent just because someone curses at him/her.

So all those Antifa protesters who are destroying property and beating up people have no reason for what they do except they are not normal people?

Judging by past events, when its a Trump supporter its instantly Trumps fault. I suspect if the guy who slammed the kid was a liberal he would have been driven to action and somehow justified but it would never be the fault of any liberal leader.

If you truly believe that and if it bothers you, then why don't you stop feeding into it? A 13-year-old boy was beaten to a pulp by some 39-year-old stranger at a public event for wearing a hat. Perpetuating the pro-Trump/anti-Trump divisions isn't helping anyone.

Your comparison is not apt. Trump is a person. He does things and says things, like all humans do, that have consequences. Liberalism is a school of political philosophy thought. Not only is there nothing intrinsic to the tenets of the liberal political ideology that would encourage violence, but what in the world gave you any thought whatsoever that liberalism has anything to do with this OP?

Nothing wrong with finding it disrespectful, yes. Something wrong with telling the kid he should take his hat off. Or even telling another person they find it disrespectful. That's what makes people assholes (of course as well as slamming). Mind your own damn business and keep your stupid opinions to yourself, you live in America, you live the life you want, I live the life I want. Somebody not taking off the hat has no bearing what so ever on your life.

And all you doing is making **** up. I never said I'm solely upset about the fact he told the kid to take his hat off. Why is it so hard for people ever be honest on message boards? Making up arguments the other side never made and going after that. Is your entire existence in life looking for a fight? It's pathetic. what, are you upset because you are the type of person that goes around telling others what they should or shouldn't do, being offended by petty, stupid stuff?

This is just such a silly post.

You make a thread on a debate forum then when your argument fails you resort to "Mind your own damn business and keep your stupid opinions to yourself". You are posting on a debate forum and expect people to keep their opinions to themselves.

And then you go on with

Is your entire existence in life looking for a fight? It's pathetic. what, are you upset because you are the type of person that goes around telling others what they should or shouldn't do, being offended by petty, stupid stuff?

You are literally whining about people telling others what they should or shouldn't do - and what they should and shouldn't be offended by.......while your every post in this thread is you telling people what they shouldn't be offended by and what they shouldn't do.
Nothing wrong with finding it disrespectful, yes. Something wrong with telling the kid he should take his hat off. Or even telling another person they find it disrespectful. That's what makes people assholes (of course as well as slamming). Mind your own damn business and keep your stupid opinions to yourself, you live in America, you live the life you want, I live the life I want. Somebody not taking off the hat has no bearing what so ever on your life.

And here you go again. The hat is not the problem. The man being offended by the hat is not the problem.

The problem is the assault. The problem is the attempt to kill the kid.

I don't see how this is difficult. You are really focused on the hat. Forget the stupid hat. A grown man slamming a child into concrete is far worse than a hat.

What message is that, Bow to what I say is appropriate behavior or I will fracture your skull?

What message is that, Bow to what I say is appropriate behavior or I will fracture your skull?

I recall the calls for violence when it was believed that Covington High School was dis'n Nathan Philips. None of you condemned that.

I recall the calls for violence when it was believed that Covington High School was dis'n Nathan Philips. None of you condemned that.
I’ve no idea what you’re referring but I’m you’re advocating that it’s acceptable to assault and brutalize a child for not standing at attention. There is something wrong with that sentiment.

This is just such a silly post.

You make a thread on a debate forum then when your argument fails you resort to "Mind your own damn business and keep your stupid opinions to yourself". You are posting on a debate forum and expect people to keep their opinions to themselves.

your lack or reading comprehension was silly. POsting on a debate forum has nothing at all to do with my comment, and nothing to do with the fact the guy is an asshle for trying to tell others what they should do. How do you make the leap about arguing about that to message baord?. This is just another example of your pathetic need to start a fight for no reason.

You are literally whining about people telling others what they should or shouldn't do - and what they should and shouldn't be offended by.......while your every post in this thread is you telling people what they shouldn't be offended by and what they shouldn't do.

And here you go again. The hat is not the problem. The man being offended by the hat is not the problem.

And there it goes gain, someone with no argument whipping out the "whining deflection as you once again make up this fictitious argument I never made. There is no point in responding to you if you are unable to read, unable to comprehend, and so dishonest and pathetic you have to move goal post and make up stuff I never said. Sorry your life sucks so much you have to scour the internet looking for a fight

The problem is the assault. The problem is the attempt to kill the kid.

I don't see how this is difficult. You are really focused on the hat. Forget the stupid hat. A grown man slamming a child into concrete is far worse than a hat.

No, the problem is not just the assault, and I never made any comments that said the guy asking to take off the hate was worse than assaulting a kid. You made that up because of what? You upset that you associate with this asshole and you would probably do the same to be a phony patriot? Nothing changes the fact the guy is an asshole, even if he didn't assault the kid, trying to tell others they should do things the way you do in public is being an asshole.

I’ve no idea what you’re referring but I’m you’re advocating that it’s acceptable to assault and brutalize a child for not standing at attention. There is something wrong with that sentiment.

It was the same sentiment expressed by members of this forum, about the Covington High School kid.

Where were you then?

Ok, you were making an esoteric non-argument. Trigger—the curse, response—body slam. I hope you feel better with the change of words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your lack or reading comprehension was silly. POsting on a debate forum has nothing at all to do with my comment, and nothing to do with the fact the guy is an asshle for trying to tell others what they should do. How do you make the leap about arguing about that to message baord?. This is just another example of your pathetic need to start a fight for no reason.

And there it goes gain, someone with no argument whipping out the "whining deflection as you once again make up this fictitious argument I never made. There is no point in responding to you if you are unable to read, unable to comprehend, and so dishonest and pathetic you have to move goal post and make up stuff I never said. Sorry your life sucks so much you have to scour the internet looking for a fight

No, the problem is not just the assault, and I never made any comments that said the guy asking to take off the hate was worse than assaulting a kid. You made that up because of what? You upset that you associate with this asshole and you would probably do the same to be a phony patriot? Nothing changes the fact the guy is an asshole, even if he didn't assault the kid, trying to tell others they should do things the way you do in public is being an asshole.

If you saw someone being racist, would you say something?

Im blaming liberalism not the individual liberal, even though they are complicit in getting this poor kid injured. I would never support violence but some people do obviously, so act accordingly. That goes for both sides.
So you are saying that liberalism cause the man to critically injure a child. WTH?

Please....tell us how that works.

Yep. He thinks violence is the correct response to free speech. Fascism rises in the right wing again.

Back
Top Bottom