• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Make your private sale gun purchases NOW - those end within days

They could prevent many gun deaths. Do you know how many people fail a background check every year

They could. That's possible. Then again, maybe they couldn't.

I don't know how many fail a background check. Does it matter? Is there something to tie failed BGC to crimes committed or mass murders? I haven't seen it.

Reading through these posts it is clear that some see this as a first step towards a universal data base, which is just one step closer to confiscation.

A d they just cannot even imagine why so many of us appose it...

Oh come on. Do you truly believe anyone would be stupid enough to try and confiscate all our guns? :lamo

Last edited:
There could be the possibility that an amendment, let's say the 28th amendment, restricts gun ownership.

That would not be a new amendment. That would be a modification of the second limiting the term shall not be infringed.

Good luck with that.

They could. That's possible. Then again, maybe they couldn't.

I don't know how many fail a background check. Does it matter? Is there something to tie failed BGC to crimes committed or mass murders? I haven't seen it.

Do you know how many mass shootings were prevented last year? Can you prove it was zero?

No but it should be the state's

What have you got to hide?
You register your car don't you?

There's no right to keep and bear an automobile. The purpose is primarily to collect taxes.

Reason number 62481 to not register guns.

Boy you guys are terrified of a background check

The BGC is no big deal, the problems arise when folks discover the "need" to have gun registration added "just to assure BGC compliance". I prefer having a UBGC system where every valid, state issued, photo ID is stamped "GUN OK" if the person requests and passes a NICS BCG at the time of issue/renewal. That system would allow even the clerk at the beer, bait and ammo store to know whether or not a potential customer has their 2A rights without the need for any hassle.

If federal registration is required, private gun sales could easily be outlawed.

The federal government doesn't have the power to register firearms that are currently owned-based on the analysis in the Lopez decision

Because gun registration is the next step toward confiscation.

and we certainly see that gun confiscators support registration. The funny thing is watching gun banners deny that registration facilitates confiscation, while at the same time, gun banners want it

Do you know how many mass shootings were prevented last year? Can you prove it was zero?

Does not even come close to answering my question. I never mentioned anything zero.

But to answer your question, 6,251.

Prove I'm wrong.

Does not even come close to answering my question. I never mentioned anything zero.

But to answer your question, 6,251.

Prove I'm wrong.

Wow that is a lot

Yes it is:

You should, as a minimum, provide the state with the manufacture, model, date of manufacture, serial number and caliber.

That way if a firearm is captured during a crime, we know who to blame

The state already knows what car(s) you have - why are you so scared of it knowing what guns?

Do you really see no benefit in the state having a comprehensive date base of all guns in the USA?
What are the repercussions to you?

you want to ban all guns

you want registration

that alone is a good reason to oppose it

what value do gun owners get from registration? absolutely nothing

and we certainly see that gun confiscators support registration. The funny thing is watching gun banners deny that registration facilitates confiscation, while at the same time, gun banners want it

They're lying their ****ing asses off.

How did you arrive at it?

Multiplied the number of times an antigunner made an insupportable statement times the square root of pi/average global temperature plus the average speed on the Interstate system.

Prove I'm wrong.

They're lying their ****ing asses off.

no political movement in America is more blatantly dishonest than the anti gun movement.

Both President Trump and Mitch McConnell both said they support no-exceptions background checks - though lack of a background check never would have prevented any mass shooting that has happened. We know the Democratic House will pass it.

I'm going to a local gun show and huge flea market tomorrow and against on Thursday. Non FFL private sale gun sellers are going to be selling off their firearms CHEAP - maybe! Most those will be on the 2 flea markets, not the gun show. If cheap enough, I might be buying dozens of them. I could later sell them online, though would have to ship each to an FFL to do a background check on the purchaser.

OR the panic could cause prices to skyrocket - and if so I'll probably private sale off some of mine for the profit. Mostly it would be retired standard issue Colt 45acp as I have lots of those and actually carry a Remington or Desert Eagle, not Colt for a 45 when I carry a 45. Maybe sell off a few ex standard issue military rifles too if people will pay enough in the panic.

I definitely will buy some "80% AR15 and AR10" lowers just to hang on to them in case the BAFT changes their stance on those being "non guns" - and that is the ONLY part of an AR considered a gun if it is 100% finished out - which is incredibly easy to do.

I WILL BREAK NO LAWS in any of this. I do NOT break gun laws - ever, period.

I suspect over the next week, 5 to 10 MILLION AR style rifles will be sold, 2 to 3 times as many high capacity magazines, plus another 5 to 10 million semi-auto handguns. It may be the highest gun sales week in USA history.

Private gun sales will cease to be legal VERY FAST. If you want to buy any firearm by private sale, do it NOW. If you want to do a private sale of any firearm you have or trade it for anything, DO IT NOW.

The Republicans are bowing to social pressures now: the bans are coming.

I told you guys what was on the short horizon.

Multiplied the number of times an antigunner made an insupportable statement times the square root of pi/average global temperature plus the average speed on the Interstate system.

Prove I'm wrong.

Nope. I agree. Over 6000 mass shootings prevented. Thanks

Yes it is:

You should, as a minimum, provide the state with the manufacture, model, date of manufacture, serial number and caliber.

That way if a firearm is captured during a crime, we know who to blame

The state already knows what car(s) you have - why are you so scared of it knowing what guns?

Do you really see no benefit in the state having a comprehensive date base of all guns in the USA?
What are the repercussions to you?

Hmm... an avowed gun banner wants to know what could possibly be a reason to oppose having a complete inventory of guns in the hands of their lawful owners (just in case they are captured during a crime, no less).

Hmm... an avowed gun banner wants to know what could possibly be a reason to oppose having a complete inventory of guns in the hands of their lawful owners (just in case they are captured during a crime, no less).

Or a complete inventory of people.

The census leads to concentration camps

Back
Top Bottom