• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maine East High School student arrested, charged after displaying gun in Snapchat

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://abc7chicago.com/maine-east-high-school-student-arrested-charged-after-displaying-gun-in-snapchat/4505812/

He'll appear in court?

For holding an Airsoft pistol in a snapchat picture? How do they come up with any crime whatsoever for that?

he should file a 42 USC 1983 civil rights suit against the law enforcement agency for violation of his civil rights "under the color of state law" and sue the individuals in both their "individual capacity"and as agents of the governmental entity that perpetrated this outrage. when you sue the individuals in their individual capacity, you often create a "conflict of interest" between the agent and his employer which creates havoc if the individual agent is hoping for an agency attorney to defend him

play hardball with these bastards.

https://abc7chicago.com/maine-east-high-school-student-arrested-charged-after-displaying-gun-in-snapchat/4505812/

He'll appear in court?

For holding an Airsoft pistol in a snapchat picture? How do they come up with any crime whatsoever for that?

Might have something to do with the school shootings ... student holding a gun, even if replica, is always being eyed suspiciously now.

On the other hand, the article wasn't exactly extensive with regard to more info.

he should file a 42 USC 1983 civil rights suit against the law enforcement agency for violation of his civil rights "under the color of state law" and sue the individuals in both their "individual capacity"and as agents of the governmental entity that perpetrated this outrage. when you sue the individuals in their individual capacity, you often create a "conflict of interest" between the agent and his employer which creates havoc if the individual agent is hoping for an agency attorney to defend him

play hardball with these bastards.

Aren’t police in most states immune from personal suits stemming from job activities unless gross negligence can be proven?

The Chicago Tribune reports that he is facing a disorderly conduct charge.

We don't know what exactly the image showed, but Deputy Police Chief Duane Mellema had this to say:

“He never intended the post to be threatening at all,” Mellema said. “Based on the way the image was, it could be interpreted a variety of different ways: As a call for help — that he wanted to do self-harm — or it could be interpreted as threatening [to others].”

In other words, the image and its caption gave cause for concern.

Maine Township teen posed with replica gun in Snapchat post, Park Ridge police say - Park Ridge Herald-Advocate

Last edited:
Aren’t police in most states immune from personal suits stemming from job activities unless gross negligence can be proven?

depends--violations of constitutional rights can be grounds for a suit.

wow, never knew that before

at state level-its 42 USC sec 1983. both civil suits or criminal actions-its what the federal case against the Rodney King cops was based on

at the federal level, the key matter is the Bivens vs six unnamed agents in this case, the USSC held that constitutional rights, when violated by federal operatives, can be remedied by an action for violation of one's rights-the USSCT essentially created the remedy (and rightfully so). So if an FBI agent breaks into your home and beats the snot out of you because he wrongly thought your home was the address listed in his warrant, you can so him for a "Constitutional tort" in federal court and it will be called a "Bivens Action or Bivens Claim

at state level-its 42 USC sec 1983. both civil suits or criminal actions-its what the federal case against the Rodney King cops was based on

at the federal level, the key matter is the Bivens vs six unnamed agents in this case, the USSC held that constitutional rights, when violated by federal operatives, can be remedied by an action for violation of one's rights-the USSCT essentially created the remedy (and rightfully so). So if an FBI agent breaks into your home and beats the snot out of you because he wrongly thought your home was the address listed in his warrant, you can so him for a "Constitutional tort" in federal court and it will be called a "Bivens Action or Bivens Claim

i just found it stunning that having one's Constitutional rights violated would provide cause to litigate the matter. how did you ever become aware of such a deeply hidden cause of legal action

This is absolutely obscene. Regardless of the stated fact that police find no means OR intent to cause harm to himself or others, he is STILL being criminally charged?

To anyone that claims that mental health status should now be used to determine the right or ability to own firearms....**** off. If it opens the door for the abuses that are ongoing in Maine you have just shut yourself and your arguments in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just found it stunning that having one's Constitutional rights violated would provide cause to litigate the matter. how did you ever become aware of such a deeply hidden cause of legal action

You would probably have found it less stunning if you were actually following the conversation they were having and not just trying to be Trumps penis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably because I handled a few dozen of these cases. Its not exactly hidden these days

probably because I handled a few dozen of these cases. Its not exactly hidden these days

i just found it absolutely stunning to learn from you that if one's Constitutional rights are violated that gives them a legal cause of action. who knew? color me impressed

Back
Top Bottom