• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lying in Islam

Yasureoktoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This subject has come up to mixed answers and claims
Lying is actually a big part of the religion, more so than it was 1000 years ago.
I am pulling the intro, from an Islamic site, and will go on with sources all over for a perspective.
Now the subject came up a couple days ago, and a Muslim posted a site from an Islamic scholar,
Claiming it is not used, and discouraged, A lie in itself.

Lying in Islam

Lying in Islam – Islam Review
By Abdullah Al Araby

Like most religions, Islam in general, forbids lying. The Quran says, “Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies.” Surah 40:28. In the Hadith, Mohammed was also quoted as saying, “Be honest because honesty leads to goodness, and goodness leads to Paradise. Beware of falsehood because it leads to immorality, and immorality leads to Hell.”
However, unlike most religions, within Islam there are certain provisions under which lying is not simply tolerated, but actually encouraged. The book “The spirit of Islam,” by the Muslim scholar, Afif A. Tabbarah was written to promote Islam. On page 247, Tabbarah stated: “Lying is not always bad, to be sure; there are times when telling a lie is more profitable and better for the general welfare, and for the settlement of conciliation among people, than telling the truth. To this effect, the Prophet says: ‘He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good.”

The 2 main ones are Takeyya and kitman, though there are others, and we can get to that.

There are a few basic types of lying permitted, and I will point out, this is the only religion I can thing of that actually documents instructions on how, and why to lie.

The Arabic word, “Takeyya”, means “to prevent,” or guard against. The principle of Al Takeyya conveys the understanding that Muslims are permitted to lie as a preventive measure against anticipated harm to one’s self or fellow Muslims. This principle gives Muslims the liberty to lie under circumstances that they perceive as life threatening. They can even deny the faith, if they do not mean it in their hearts. Al-Takeyya is based on the following Quranic verse:

“Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution (prevention), that ye may Guard yourselves from them (prevent them from harming you.) But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.” Surah 3: 28

Under the concept of Takeyya and short of killing another human being, if under the threat of force, it is legitimate for Muslims to act contrary to their faith. The following actions are acceptable:

Drink wine, abandon prayers, and skip fasting during Ramadan.
Renounce belief in Allah.
Kneel in homage to a deity other than Allah.

Kitman - Lying by omission.

An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind" ) while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief."
Utter insincere oaths.

Lying is actually a big part of the religion, more so than it was 1000 years ago.
I am pulling the intro, from an Islamic site, and will go on with sources all over for a perspective.
Now the subject came up a couple days ago, and a Muslim posted a site from an Islamic scholar,

Lying in Islam

By Abdullah Al Araby

Like most religions, Islam in general, forbids lying. The Quran says, “Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies.” Surah 40:28. In the Hadith, Mohammed was also quoted as saying, “Be honest because honesty leads to goodness, and goodness leads to Paradise. Beware of falsehood because it leads to immorality, and immorality leads to Hell.”
However, unlike most religions, within Islam there are certain provisions under which lying is not simply tolerated, but actually encouraged. The book “The spirit of Islam,” by the Muslim scholar, Afif A. Tabbarah was written to promote Islam. On page 247, Tabbarah stated: “Lying is not always bad, to be sure; there are times when telling a lie is more profitable and better for the general welfare, and for the settlement of conciliation among people, than telling the truth. To this effect, the Prophet says: ‘He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good.”

The 2 main ones are Takeyya and kitman, though there are others, and we can get to that.

There are a few basic types of lying permitted, and I will point out, this is the only religion I can thing of that actually documents instructions on how, and why to lie.

The Arabic word, “Takeyya”, means “to prevent,” or guard against. The principle of Al Takeyya conveys the understanding that Muslims are permitted to lie as a preventive measure against anticipated harm to one’s self or fellow Muslims. This principle gives Muslims the liberty to lie under circumstances that they perceive as life threatening. They can even deny the faith, if they do not mean it in their hearts. Al-Takeyya is based on the following Quranic verse:

“Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution (prevention), that ye may Guard yourselves from them (prevent them from harming you.) But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.” Surah 3: 28

Under the concept of Takeyya and short of killing another human being, if under the threat of force, it is legitimate for Muslims to act contrary to their faith. The following actions are acceptable:

An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind" ) while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief."
Utter insincere oaths.

Lying to save your life or avoid persecution is allowed. Otherwise it is not. Even in the examples given in your reference it is only used in war

The religion of Islam is so nasty it is unbelievable.

The main person, Muhammed led a life similar to Hitler.

Both first dehumanized the Jews, Descendants of apes and swine.
Both blamed everything bad that happened on the Jews.
Both killed and enslaved the Jews, and others they deemed garbage.

Hitler killed more because of the tech of the time.
He had the modern armies, guns and tanks, Muhammed had camels and swords.

The thing here is that nobody has read about Muhammed, I'm sure some have but so few.
I have never actually met one on these sites who actually has, and will admit it.

Lying to save your life or avoid persecution is allowed. Otherwise it is not. Even in the examples given in your reference it is only used in war

A perfect example of what I was saying... Thank you.

The Qur'an and Sunnah give many examples of lying, all the way back to Muhammed.
I'm going to look some up.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.618 Narrated byAisha
Abu Bakr As-Saddiq had never broken his oaths till Allah revealed the expiation for the oaths.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 7.427 & 8.712 Narrated byZahdam
By Allah, and Allah willing, if I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.' "

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever is ordered (by the ruler or the judge) to give an oath, and he takes a false oath in order to grab the property of a Muslim, then he will incur Allah's Wrath when he meets Him on the Day of Resurrection."

Last edited:
A perfect example of what I was saying... Thank you.

You're very welcome. America lies in every war and battle they are in. It is how you save lives for your troops. Very appropriate

The Qur'an and Sunnah give many examples of lying, all the way back to Muhammed.
I'm going to look some up.

Without a reference they will be dismissed as meaningless

Now keep in mind not all of these falsehoods about Islam are direct lies.

Muslims are victims also, and many actually believe the things they say.
They are taught a certain way by their sect, mosque, and peers.
They are kept from the actual books, and given what I call "Muslim comic books".

The stories of Muhammed were fine 1000 years ago when Islam rampaged through India and Europe.
Who was to stop them, they are ordered by God to do what they do, and give 20% of the booty taken to the leader
A president set by Muhammed himself.

Now in the 21st century, when Islam is taking part on the world stage, they have to hide all this stuff.
How do they do it.... simple.. they lie.

How does anyone have this much time to hate a religion all day every day. Is this pre-church Islamophobia today?

How does anyone have this much time to hate a religion all day every day. Is this pre-church Islamophobia today?

It is the only thing he posts on

Hating islam is his daily mission

Now keep in mind not all of these falsehoods about Islam are direct lies.

Muslims are victims also, and many actually believe the things they say.
They are taught a certain way by their sect, mosque, and peers.
They are kept from the actual books, and given what I call "Muslim comic books".

The stories of Muhammed were fine 1000 years ago when Islam rampaged through India and Europe.
Who was to stop them, they are ordered by God to do what they do, and give 20% of the booty taken to the leader
A president set by Muhammed himself.

Now in the 21st century, when Islam is taking part on the world stage, they have to hide all this stuff.
How do they do it.... simple.. they lie.

They sound like Christians

It is the only thing he posts on

Hating islam is his daily mission

I cannot imagine being so consumed with a psychotic hate for an object that I obsess about it every single day all day. I've rarely seen something more institutionally Don Quixote.

Lying in Islam

By Abdullah Al Araby

Utter insincere oaths.

According to two people in this thread, and your profile picture, discussing Islam with you will never change your mind.

I imagine trying to convince you my Islamic pals are no different from you, is much like trying to convince a dog to get in the bath. You will hold on to your filth to the death.

Enjoy being full of hate. I'm sure it'll take you real far.

According to two people in this thread, and your profile picture, discussing Islam with you will never change your mind.

I imagine trying to convince you my Islamic pals are no different from you, is much like trying to convince a dog to get in the bath. You will hold on to your filth to the death.

Enjoy being full of hate. I'm sure it'll take you real far.

You just summed up all.of his threads better than I ever could

Not hating, warning.

Not hating, warning.

:screwy

It's nuts to believe insane bs presented by a nobody on the internet makes any difference whatsoever. He's wasting his and everyone's time with the bonkers crap.

It's insane hate.

The only purpose is to create hate for Muslims.

It's "lock him up" ****ed up.

Here is an example where others are committing Kitman, and not knowing it.

One of my favorite verses.

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 6 :
Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas

Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country.

This verse is used by virtually every so -called Muslim hating site. ( A common name called when a Muslim has no defense against what is written).

The Kaffir who use it, mislead it as being an order from Muhammed, which it is not.

It is also a partial quote.
One of Muhammeds last orders before he died was to get rid of all the Jews.
A far cry from what is promoted.

Qur;an 6'5
to you your religion, to me mine

Bukhari
"There shall not be gathered together two religions in the island/peninsula of the Arabs".

Al-Muwatta Hadith Hadith 45.18
The Expulsion of the Jews from Madina
Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Two deens shall not co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula."

Malik said that Ibn Shihab said, ''Umar ibn al-Khattab searched for information about that until he was absolutely convinced that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had said, 'Two deens shall not co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula,' and he therefore expelled the Jews from Khaybar."

After Muhammed died this quote was made by a Persian general, not Muhammed.

Context is very important

Last edited:
Imagine spending all day trying to create hate against people you don't even know.

Here is an example where others are committing Kitman, and not knowing it.

One of my favorite verses.

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 6 :
Narrated by 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas

Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country.

This verse is used by virtually every so -called Muslim hating site. ( A common name called when a Muslim has no defense against what is written).

The Kaffir who use it, mislead it as being an order from Muhammed, which it is not.

It is also a partial quote.
One of Muhammeds last orders before he died was to get rid of all the Jews.
A far cry from what is promoted.

Qur;an 6'5
to you your religion, to me mine

Bukhari
"There shall not be gathered together two religions in the island/peninsula of the Arabs".

After Muhammed died this quote was made by a Persian general, not Muhammed.

Context is very important

Everyone should note he never provides a link because it goes to a anti muslim hate site.

He is so transparent

Not hating, warning.

That's just a common excuse.
You can see the obsession with whining about what I post, yet not one of them will admit it is the truth.
Just whine because someone is putting it out for all to see.

Not one will pull out an actual verse or sura to show anything I am saying is wrong.

I put sources on virtually every quote I make, from the actual text,
But as you see, they will just whine.

and BTW, the only actual site I referenced is an Islamic site.

Or is someone just lying for all to see.

Last edited:
That's just a common excuse.
You can see the obsession with whining about what I post, yet not one of them will admit it is the truth.
Just whine because someone is putting it out for all to see.

Tell us why you refuse to reference your posts

Tell us why you refuse to reference your posts

I explained this before, directly to you, and obviously you still don't understand it.

I will explain it one more time,

If you post a certain Quote, especially something Muslims do not like, and the so called Muslim hating sites use, and there are lots of them.
It might be used by 20, Muslim hating sites.
If you use one of the quotes they reference, it will give all an excuse to dismiss it.
I don't like that quote because I hate the site he got it from.

So I get mine straight from the Qur'an and hadieths., you have been told this before, and I am not going to say it again.

Just about any quote I post, will have book and verse number on it. so you cannot bitch about the source.
sometimes I have to copy one from my own books.

I quoted my opening from an Islamic site.

I even gave an example on post 18, and if you cannot understand it, there is nothing I can do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom