• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Looking ahead.

My take on Bernie's path to victory in the General Election (assuming he emerges as the DEM nominee):

He obviously takes DC, then wins the same 20 states as Hillary in 2016 and the 3 battleground states of PA(20), MI(16) and WI(10) that Hillary lost.

*For simplification, I did not factor in the possibility of Nebraska(5) and, particularly Maine(4) splitting their EVs.

2020 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Bernie Bros will riot if the super delegates pick someone else.

There will be blood on the streets.

I was just talking to my dad about Bernie Bros today. I supported Sanders in 2016, but we were not this crazy then. Many Sanders supporters are fanatical this time. It's not a good look, but I appreciate their passion.

If Bernie is the nominee he will be responsible for many people staying home and not voting or voting third party. But neither Bernie and his progressive friends care about that.

I'd vote for Sanders, but he's like my third or fourth choice.

I was just talking to my dad about Bernie Bros today. I supported Sanders in 2016, but we were not this crazy then. Many Sanders supporters are fanatical this time. It's not a good look, but I appreciate their passion.

"Bernie bros" are almost entirely a lie, a propaganda invention by his opponents. In fact, Bernie's supporters are less 'white men' than other candidates, I've seen it reported. Bernie is doing great with women and non-white voters.

"Bernie bros" are almost entirely a lie, a propaganda invention by his opponents. In fact, Bernie's supporters are less 'white men' than other candidates, I've seen it reported. Bernie is doing great with women and non-white voters.

Hmm, I don't think the Bernie Bros look any particular way. I don't even think they're all women. To me, a Bernie Bro is a person who strongly identifies with Sanders's proposals and positions. They tend to think that the left has been too accommodating and too moderate for decades and that now is the time to pull the Democratic party hard left. They believe so much in that particular flavor of liberalism that they often communicate in dire terms. I don't think they'll skip the election if he isn't nominated, but I will be among the people who hope to burn down the DNC if they **** all of us over again.

Hmm, I don't think the Bernie Bros look any particular way. I don't even think they're all women. To me, a Bernie Bro is a person who strongly identifies with Sanders's proposals and positions.

No, that's a "Sanders supporter". Bernie Bro is a propaganda invention of his opponents, obnoxious young men who hate women and will vote for a Republican over any Democrat but Bernie, despite virtually all of Bernie's progressive supporters voting for Hillary in 2016 (while HER supporters said "Party Unity, My Ass" and many voted for McCain over Obama).

They tend to think that the left has been too accommodating and too moderate for decades and that now is the time to pull the Democratic party hard left.

To pull it back to the FDR middle from the far right plutocracy since Reagan.

No, that's a "Sanders supporter". Bernie Bro is a propaganda invention of his opponents, obnoxious young men who hate women and will vote for a Republican over any Democrat but Bernie, despite virtually all of Bernie's progressive supporters voting for Hillary in 2016 (while HER supporters said "Party Unity, My Ass" and many voted for McCain over Obama).

To pull it back to the FDR middle from the far right plutocracy since Reagan.

No, it's more than a Sanders supporter the way I'm using those terms. That's why I qualified my initial statement by saying that I am a Sanders supporter. He was my guy in 2016. But I am not a Bernie Bro.

A 2nd ballot wii almost surely deny Bernie from the nomination with 500 super delegates chiming in, & we all know
how the super delegates gravitated away from Bernie in 2016. That's why Bernie was able to fight to eliminate
super delegates until the 2nd ballot this time around.

Bloomberg is salivating for a 2nd ballot.

if Bloomberg is going to flood the airways, buy social media support and put up idiotic billboards on his way
to the debate stand, why not go ahead and buy some delegates during a second ballot.

The modern left does not care at all about rules anymore. Utopia Builders with fever this bad almost always
get to actually killing those who get in the way of their fantasyland. Putting the person that they want into
nomination regardless of votes and regardless of rules is small potatoes.

That's just it, Sanders supporters will come out to vote for him. The moderates won't.

Not only that, let's keep it real here. Donald Trump is what the democrats used to be 20 years ago, he's about as moderate as they come, and is governing this way. He just "appears" far right because those with the loudest voices in the dimwit party are so and equally radically left that they can't see it. I've been on record even before Trump was elected that he would govern as a traditional democrat and he has for the most part. Yes, he's done things that he promised to the conservative right in order to gain their vote, but probably more than anything else, (and this is where the comparison between him and Bernie begin and end) he's a fighter to the far right, something they've been clamoring for, for a very long time. Same with the left, they've wanted someone truly in their corner, unapologetic for as equally a long time. The issue many Bernie supporters have is that Trump platform includes many more voters than does his, hence why Trump will win handedly, if Bernie gets the nod.

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom