• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberalism vs. Biblical Christianity [W:463]

Logicman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Saw this in an email, and I tend to agree with it:

"The principal reason people are liberals is because they kicked God and his Word to the curb in favor of their political correctness and subjective moral relativism."

And if or when you do come across and converse with liberal 'Christians,' they'll tend to argue one or more of the following falsehoods,

1. Jesus isn't God. Nor is the Holy Spirit.
2. Gay marriage is fine with God, because it's two people in love, and God loves people who love.
3. There is no sin.
4. People don't need to repent because God already loves us.
5. There is no Hell, or, everybody goes to heaven.
6. Christianity is just one of many ways to God.
7. "That's your truth."
8. All truths are relative.
9. Jesus was just an itinerate preacher, and a good person - nothing more.
10. We are all God's children (note John 8:44 for another view on that).
11. All people are inherently "good".
12. There's nothing wrong in a relationship with "consenting adults." (Therefore adultery must be okay also).
13. Abortion is okay. God will understand.

And that's the short list. Each one of those is a lie, according to the Bible. Which reinforces the statement in bold above. Anyone who thinks otherwise is asked to pick one of those 12 and try to defend it. Or they can come up with something else.

Finally, "Was Jesus a Liberal?" - https://righterreport.com/2016/05/31/was-jesus-a-liberal-2/

p.s. This isn't a thread to debate who wrote the Bible or whether it's the Word of God. Save those for another thread.

Re: Liberalism vs. Biblical Christianity

13, What in the Bible says that abortion is not allowed?

They certainly had it back then.

Beyond that I, as an atheist, sort of agree.

Saw this in an email, and I tend to agree with it:

"The principal reason people are liberals is because they kicked God and his Word to the curb in favor of their political correctness and subjective moral relativism."

And if or when you do come across and converse with liberal 'Christians,' they'll tend to argue one or more of the following falsehoods,

1. Jesus isn't God. Nor is the Holy Spirit.
2. Gay marriage is fine with God, because it's two people in love, and God loves people who love.
3. There is no sin.
4. People don't need to repent because God already loves us.
5. There is no Hell, or, everybody goes to heaven.
6. Christianity is just one of many ways to God.
7. "That's your truth."
8. All truths are relative.
9. Jesus was just an itinerate preacher, and a good person - nothing more.
10. We are all God's children (note John 8:44 for another view on that).
11. All people are inherently "good".
12. There's nothing wrong in a relationship with "consenting adults." (Therefore adultery must be okay also).
13. Abortion is okay. God will understand.

And that's the short list. Each one of those is a lie, according to the Bible. Which reinforces the statement in bold above. Anyone who thinks otherwise is asked to pick one of those 12 and try to defend it. Or they can come up with something else.

Finally, "Was Jesus a Liberal?" - https://righterreport.com/2016/05/31/was-jesus-a-liberal-2/

p.s. This isn't a thread to debate who wrote the Bible or whether it's the Word of God. Save those for another thread.

WOW!! this is the first post I have ever seen that was a stawman argument against itself, you tossed yourself a softball and it's still a swing and a miss hahaha I've never seen a post so dishonest and own itself so instantly. So much hate and dishonesty in your post, its astounding.

1.) The majority of liberals are christian, millions of them, so there is no "VS"
2.) A person's religious beliefs does not have to be their political agenda especially in america
3.) Your list of 13 things is a very dishonest claim when you say liberal christians tend to argue them

Signed: A female christian that leans right

:failpail:

WOW!! this is the first post I have ever seen that was a stawman argument against itself, you tossed yourself a softball and it's still a swing and a miss hahaha I've never seen a post so dishonest and own itself so instantly. So much hate and dishonesty in your post, its astounding.

1.) The majority of liberals are christian, millions of them, so there is no "VS"
2.) A person's religious beliefs does not have to be their political agenda especially in america
3.) Your list of 13 things is a very dishonest claim when you say liberal christians tend to argue them

Has it ever passed through your mind that perhaps the liberal christians he have come across have been exactly as he said, forming his/her opinion? His mistake is using a broad brush, however, you do not speak for all liberal christians, and I'm glad, because to call his post dishonest and hate filled and try to ridicule him is most UN-christian like. Sorry he triggered you so.

Has it ever passed through your mind that perhaps the liberal christians he have come across have been exactly as he said, forming his/her opinion? His mistake is using a broad brush,
HAHAHA so you point out his mistake but yet still have a temper tamtrum, thats cute and funny at the same time. Like you said, if what you claim is true then the post should be about individuals and not codeming all liberals who are christians and falsely claiming you can't be a christian and a liberal. His mistake so my post is spot on.

however, you do not speak for all liberal christians
?????? Where did I even suggest that I do, was it the part where I pointed out I'm not one and lean right? :lamo Wow talk about your all time blunders. Please stop, your post already looks extremely stupid.

and I'm glad, because to call his post dishonest and hate filled and try to ridicule him is most UN-christian like.
It was accurate, hopefully you both learn from your mistakes, if that bothers you tough :shrug:

Sorry he triggered you so.
Triggered?:shock: Holy heaping piles of Irony, what makes you think Im triggered? Was it all the laughing I did? Did you read the snowflake meltdown you just posted had before you claimed "I" was triggered? Sweet biased blindness:2rofll: I'm almost drowning in the irony, Thanks for the laughs! Can't wait to see what you say next.

He always fails.

That's absolute nonsense. The truth and those who bring it are often accused of being hateful.

I've never debated a liberal Christian who did not give out one or more of those 13 unbiblical arguments. And I've been debating them for some 20 years.

And here's a big "WOW" for you, Layla: Liberal Christians almost universally believe gay sex and gay marriage are fine with God. You probably do too, don't you??

I stand by those 13 examples. I've seen one or more of them regularly from those who identify themselves as liberal "Christians."

That's absolute nonsense. The truth and those who bring it are often accused of being hateful.
If facts bother you thats your issue.
I've never debated a liberal Christian who did not give out one or more of those 13 unbiblical arguments. And I've been debating them for some 20 years.
And people here are claiming you always fail, by that logic that must be true too, if you disagree you are being hypocritical :)
And here's a big "WOW" for you, Layla: Liberal Christians almost universally believe gay sex and gay marriage are fine with God. You probably do too, don't you??
No universally they do not, this is why your posts fails its chuck full of lies. Im not a liberal and newsflash for you, millions of christians feel gay marriage is fine left and right. You have no power to tell them they are wrong
I stand by those 13 examples. I've seen one or more of them regularly from those who identify themselves as liberal "Christians."
You can stand next to lies all you want(birds of a feather) it doesn't make them true :)

Quote...

" "The principal reason people are liberals is because they kicked God and his Word to the curb in favor of their political correctness and subjective moral relativism." "

The liberal/Demo wrecking machine promotes atheism and hates those who celebrate punishable by economic sanctions.

Quote...

" Gay marriage is fine with God, because it's two people in love, and God loves people who love. "

We all know this same sex marriage crap is not fine by God and by me. For some time I've said no to same sex marriage crap in other forums,online and where I live but no...
this dude barack "buju bantan' obama gave it his blessings and has gone out of control. It has spread around the world like a incurable rash.

Quote...

" Abortion is okay. God will understand. "
No way Jose'
I will continue stopping women from aborting their child...it's wrong and I won't let these women do this liberal/Demo promoted murder.

I said this at both Thoughts and TFS...
Say no to same sex marriage(crap).

You have said here that the NT negates the OT so being gay is fine with Jesus. Or do all Christians cherry pick? I have asked Christians here why they don't follow the rules in Leviticus and they have told me that the coming of Jesus superseded the OT.

Last edited:

Seems to me that the true Christian is neither liberal or conservative, since Jesus said we are to be no part of this world/his kingdom is not apart of this world...John 17:15,16; John 18:36...

Oh look, what a surprise; a fanatic whining because his bigotry and hatred is largely rejected outside of the cult of Trump.

You have said here that the NT negates the OT so being gay is fine with Jesus. Or do all Christians cherry pick? I have asked Christians here why they don't follow the rules in Leviticus and they have told me that the coming of Jesus superseded the OT.

I missed his statement saying that the NT negates the OT. Please point it out.

And Christians don't follow the rules in Leviticus because we're not Jews. Most of us never were. Why do we have to follow Jewish ceremonial law, because you say so?

And Christians don't follow the rules in Leviticus because we're not Jews. Most of us never were. Why do we have to follow Jewish ceremonial law, because you say so?

There is no 'Jewish ceremonial law'. There is just Jewish law. That distinction is not in the Jewish religion. Some ideas came later, but they are were definitely influenced by Christianity and are not generally accepted.

Now, when it comes to certain sins, there are a number of different Christians that , rather than go to the New Testament, quote the Jewish scriptures. Logicman is one of those Christians who do so.

Seems to me that the true Christian is neither liberal or conservative, since Jesus said we are to be no part of this world/his kingdom is not apart of this world...John 17:15,16; John 18:36...

This is all part of god's "great" plan. Let's put people in the world only to tell them that they should not be part of the very world I put them in. Just spend your time waiting and watching for me to do what? Oh yeah, return and put you in this world again. Great plan.

This is all part of god's "great" plan. Let's put people in the world only to tell them that they should not be part of the very world I put them in. Just spend your time waiting and watching for me to do what? Oh yeah, return and put you in this world again. Great plan.

Saves a lot of needless worry, anger, and discord...

So why do christians cherry pick quotes from Leviticus? And is the entire bible the inerrant word of god, or just the parts that christians cherry pick?

There is no 'Jewish ceremonial law'. There is just Jewish law. That distinction is not in the Jewish religion. Some ideas came later, but they are were definitely influenced by Christianity and are not generally accepted.

Now, when it comes to certain sins, there are a number of different Christians that , rather than go to the New Testament, quote the Jewish scriptures. Logicman is one of those Christians who do so.

None of this invalidates what your own scriptures say.

Saves a lot of needless worry, anger, and discord...

We were created to sit around watching and waiting? What's the point? And how does that prevent worry, anger, and discord? a bunch of people watching and waiting still can have conflicts with each other. Like, who's going to clean the toilets?

We have been through this numerous times before...God's moral laws do not change nor does he ever rescind them...

We were created to sit around watching and waiting? What's the point? And how does that prevent worry, anger, and discord? a bunch of people watching and waiting still can have conflicts with each other. Like, who's going to clean the toilets?

Listen to the news or just go into the political forum here...SMH...and no, we don't sit around waiting...we enjoy life instead of getting wrapped up in frivolous/meaningless causes...

We have been through this numerous times before...God's moral laws do not change nor does he ever rescind them...

Like making burnt offerings? Or what kind of food you can eat? Or doing any kind of work on the Sabbath? Where were all these laws prior to Judaism, which only appeared at a certain time in human history? What about all the many years of the history of man that occurred before this. What were god's laws then and how did humanity know them? You have completely failed to explain this.

Listen to the news or just go into the political forum here...SMH...and no, we don't sit around waiting...we enjoy life instead of getting wrapped up in frivolous/meaningless causes...

So, how do you decide who does what jobs and who does the crappy ones? How do you make a living? Are you subject to the laws of society? It can't just be one big party. Nobody has it that easy.

Back
Top Bottom