• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lev Parnas, 'on the hook criminally,' to be interviewed by Rachel Maddow tonight

AO, you're not responding to my posts or the facts. And sadly, your posts are getting more desperate. A clear case has been made concerning trump's actual quid pro quo. And now there is more than one. You've made no case. You've simply asked questions. Biden doesn't have to disprove your lying conservative narrative (in question format no less). I just wish you could put America ahead of your loyalty to trump. But that's just cults are.

Haha Biden doesn't have to disprove my narrative but Trump has to disprove yours. Ahh...the mind of the leftist is truly fascinating to study. It works backwards and has no qualms with striking hypocrisy.

You know, in a previous life I had to deal, personally, with a client who had a mental break in the middle of an interview. I'm having that feeling now. I believe that the true believers in Trump, who already have a tenuous grasp on reality, have lost contact with it entirely.

The error in this comment is that there are no "believers in Trump," there are only people who understand how poor the other candidates are in comparison.

When the democrats begin to understand that - you'll see different results.

Are you denying that Trump is a compulsive liar?

I am. He gets things wrong just like others, which is common. But he does not show such brazen willfulness as people like Schitff, Warren, Hillary, Blumenthal and others. Even Jonathan Gruber was caught on film telling Obamacare salespeople to lie to the American public because Americans are stupid and because they would not buy Obamacare if told the truth. Planned Parenthood officials were caught on tape admitting that they sold baby body parts in spite of telling the public they didn't.

Last edited:
lol uh huh..yep..try reading it again...it was stated as fact. Would you like your quote pasted again up sideways?
R.I.F.
You have 0 evidence. Your opinion sounds like you ate the crayons. You state as he was caught. He was not caught doing anything except in the poorly educated minds of the TDSers who think that opinions and fantasy are all they need to convict.

You're not very good at this are you? You can't say I'm giving my opinion and say it's a lie at the same time. Your OPINION on the other hand is extremely naive and is all about excusing his behavior.

What's funny here is how Parnas and his lawyer are owning Trump, every denial means they turn over more evidence and Trump just digs his heals in deeper and deeper. My OPINION

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
"I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"

is that this guy will do what he has to in order to lighten his sentence and holds no loyalty to Trump and he's sitting on enough evidence to do it.

I am. He gets things wrong just like others, which is common. But he does not show such brazen willfulness as people like Schitff, Warren, Hillary, Blumenthal and others. Even Jonathan Gruber was caught on film telling Obamacare salespeople to lie to the American public because Americans are stupid and because they would not buy Obamacare if told the truth. Planned Parenthood officials were caught on tape admitting that they sold baby body parts in spite of telling the public they didn't.

Right to the face of the American people, but no, he doesn't lie.

YouTube

This was the first lie and the reason I decided to stop supporting him. If he would lie about this, something this petty, where would he draw the line?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-sent-him-a-letter-bashing-debate-schedule/

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”

Just one problem with that: The NFL says it never sent him a letter.

Last edited:
Part 2 last night:

From @awprokop on Twitter:

Parnas tells Maddow again (citing Sondland) that "everybody was in the loop," but also points out: "Everybody didn't *agree* with the loop."

Example is, Jay Sekulow. Parnas says he knew all about it, but didn't want to be involved, "wanted to stay away from it."

Parnas says after the impeachment inquiry started, Dowd, Sekulow, Rudy, and Toensing "came up with a situation that said that because I worked for Rudy and because I worked for Victoria and because Rudy worked for the president, we had three-way privilege."

Parnas says Trump tried to fire Yovanovitch several times but it kept not being carried out. Trump told Pompeo to fire her. Trump told Rudy to talk to Pompeo, but "they got into it." Trump told Bolton to fire her. Trump even told his assistant Madeline Westerhout to fire her.

A good point from Maddow — the smear campaign against Yovanovitch wasn't to convince Trump. It was to tarnish her so others in the administration would finally carry out Trump's repeated orders to fire her.

--

I think the fact Trump tried so hard to fire Yovanovitch is pretty interesting.

I watched Hannity and Carlson from last night (1/16/2020), and there was still no substantive discussion of the revelations from Parnas. Brief mentions about he is a crook and should not be trusted, but no substantive discussion of the actual information Parnas provided.

There is a pretty tight information embargo in Trump World regarding Parnas.

It's in situations like these you get an indication that the information is incredibly damaging to Trump. They wouldn't try to hide it from the eyes of the Trump cult so much if it was no big deal.

You're not very good at this are you? You can't say I'm giving my opinion and say it's a lie at the same time. Your OPINION on the other hand is extremely naive and is all about excusing his behavior.

What's funny here is how Parnas and his lawyer are owning Trump, every denial means they turn over more evidence and Trump just digs his heals in deeper and deeper. My OPINION

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

is that this guy will do what he has to in order to lighten his sentence and holds no loyalty to Trump and he's sitting on enough evidence to do it.

For the love of god...read the post. What you are saying is an opinion was listed as "FACT". Do you need me to quote it for you?

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Since you will of course be too lazy to look at your posts; Here are your exact words
"Only because there was a whistle blower and he got caught... FACT"
^This is not a fact.

Good God. The intellectual disonesty is astounding with Trumpers.

Since you will of course be too lazy to look at your posts; Here are your exact words
"Only because there was a whistle blower and he got caught... FACT"
^This is not a fact.

To which you said;

Thats your opinion. It is not a fact. Please stop lying

YOU are the one that called it my opinion and I'm just responding to you based on your words, make up your mind. :lamo

Good God. The intellectual disonesty is astounding with Trumpers.

Agreed, he stands on AF1 and tells everyone he did not know about the hush money payments when we now have him on audio discussing it with Cohen. This is no different than Clinton at the stand looking directly at me in the camera and saying he did not have relations with that woman. The trumplicans would never let that stand if it was anyone but Trump, total hypocrites and there are many of them here.

To which you said;

Thats your opinion. It is not a fact. Please stop lying

YOU are the one that called it my opinion and I'm just responding to you based on your words, make up your mind. :lamo
Yes..you stated it was fact. It wasn't. Now you got caught and are trying to not look dumb.

Last edited:
Haha Biden doesn't have to disprove my narrative but Trump has to disprove yours. Ahh...the mind of the leftist is truly fascinating to study. It works backwards and has no qualms with striking hypocrisy.

AO, you’re simply not responding to my posts or the facts. The case against Trump is documented. Pretending the case against trump is the same as you whining about Biden is just flamingly ignorant or dishonest. anyhoo, this is a debate forum. You make a claim and back it up. That’s how debate works. I've shown you what corruption from a VP and his director son looks like. Let me show you what debate looks like.
Claim
There are no “biden actions”. It was American, EU and IMF policy to remove a corrupt prosecutor. the corrupt prosecutor was not investigating Burisma.

Proving claim.
There are two big problems with this claim: One, Shokin was not investigating Burisma or Hunter Biden, and two, Shokin’s ouster was considered a diplomatic victory.
Biden was among the many Western officials who pressed for the removal of Shokin because he actually was not investigating the corruption endemic to the country. Indeed, he was not investigating Burisma at the time. In September 2015, then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt publicly criticized Shokin’s office for thwarting a British money-laundering probe into Burisma’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.

……...But Biden was carrying out a policy developed at the State Department and coordinated with the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ide-trumps-false-claims-about-ukraine-bidens/.

And as I pointed out, removing a corrupt prosecutor would have hurt Biden’s son if he was doing anything inappropriate. And again, I showed you exactly what corruption looks like. You cant even put into words what you think Biden did. At some point for America’s sake, you’re going to have to acknowledge your conservative masters are lying to you.

AO, you’re simply not responding to my posts or the facts. The case against Trump is documented. Pretending the case against trump is the same as you whining about Biden is just flamingly ignorant or dishonest. anyhoo, this is a debate forum. You make a claim and back it up. That’s how debate works. I've shown you what corruption from a VP and his director son looks like. Let me show you what debate looks like.
Claim
There are no “biden actions”. It was American, EU and IMF policy to remove a corrupt prosecutor. the corrupt prosecutor was not investigating Burisma.

Proving claim.

And as I pointed out, removing a corrupt prosecutor would have hurt Biden’s son if he was doing anything inappropriate. And again, I showed you exactly what corruption looks like. You cant even put into words what you think Biden did. At some point for America’s sake, you’re going to have to acknowledge your conservative masters are lying to you.

Ahh yes the case against Trumo has 0 factual evidence. To prove it...name the facts that shows Trump committed a crime. I'll wait.

Yes..you stated it was fact. It wasn't. Now you got caught and are trying to not look dumb.

Again, yes I said fact and you told me it was my opinion and I've been playing off your stupid reply, I would have thought you would have figured that out by now. Now you can go find someone else to play with and annoy, like I said you're not very good at this. :2wave:

Ahh yes the case against Trumo has 0 factual evidence. To prove it...name the facts that shows Trump committed a crime. I'll wait.

Oh look, you're trying to move the goalposts that trump had to commit a crime to be impeached. good job. Your cult leaders will appreciate your efforts. I'm guessing you missed the part where the GAO said withholding aid was illegal. Speaking of crime, what crime do you think Biden committed. Oh that's right, you cant even begin to explain what you want to believe Biden did. But you know he's guilty of something. Here's a crazy idea. Instead of deflecting, why not admit I've proven this claim false.

Sorry..Biden is guilty of quid pro quo. I know you know it. .

Or if you feel up to it, please explain the "quid pro quo" you see. thanks in advance. Oh and trump withholding aid until Ukraine announced (yes, they only needed to "announce" it. they didn't even have to investigate) wasn't his first one. Firing the ambassador was his first quid pro quo.

It seems that Giuliani was digging for dirt with Zelensky’s predecessor. From the hand written notes of Giuliani’s asscociate we see that the prosecutor wanted Yovanovitch removed as ambassador in exchange for help

The new material released by House Democrats shows Trump’s team offering up what appears to be another quid pro quo to the previous regime in Ukraine, as well as admitting to surveilling the U.S. ambassador in Ukraine.

New evidence shows Trump team offered Ukraine more than one quid pro quo for Biden dirt.

as the messages appear to show Trump’s team, led Giuliani and his associate Lev Parnas, attempting to procure damaging information on Burisma from Ukraine’s top prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko as early as March. In return, Lutsenko was demanding the removal of the American ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, who had been critical of the regime’s anemic anti-corruption efforts.

and that’s in addition to spying on her and stalking her (hey cons, when you do it without a warrant its called spying and stalking).

Hyde messaged Parnas that the Ambassador Yovanovitch was under physical and electronic surveillance in Ukraine. “She’s talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off,” he wrote in one message to Parnas. “They will let me know when she’s on the move,” he said in another.

Yikes. I cant wait to hear conservatives try to spin this one.

Right to the face of the American people, but no, he doesn't lie.

YouTube

This was the first lie and the reason I decided to stop supporting him. If he would lie about this, something this petty, where would he draw the line?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-sent-him-a-letter-bashing-debate-schedule/

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”

Just one problem with that: The NFL says it never sent him a letter.

Public response from democrat ethics experts:

Senator Blumenthal lied about fighting in Vietnam. Democrat response: He misspoke. He was misunderstood. He apologized. No harm done.

Senator Warren lied about being an Indian squaw. Democrat response: She misspoke. She was misunderstood. She meant no harm. She admitted having made mistakes in the past. No harm done.

President Clinton lied about having sex with Monica. Democrat response: He was on his own time. That was his own damn business. He is no different than other good old boy red blooded American. No harm done.

Hillary Clinton lied about Benghazi, about Bosnia, about Whitewater, about Travellgate, about her emails, and other things. Democrat response: She is the most qualified candidate for President the country has ever seen. She did not mean to sin. She has admitted she made mistakes but who can blame her since she is constantly beset by wolves in the right wing conspiracy trying to devour her? Forgive her her trespasses and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

President Trump said the NFL sent him a letter and the NFL denied it. Democrat response: WHAT THE HELL? HAS AMERICA EVER SEEN SUCH BRAZEN UNTRUTHFULNESS FROM A SITTING PRESIDENT? DON"T WAIT TO IMPEACH HIM, DRAG HIM OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE BY HIS EARS AND THROW HIM IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE! HEIL HILLARY!

Last edited:
The sheer amount of blatant ignorance of fact on this topic, on display by the right wing, is insane.

The entire administration was in on this. There was NO NEED FOR IT, and that's the BIGGEST ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

Yovanovitch could have just been fired; NOPE. It had to be JIHAD for Trump and his cabal of criminals; McCarthy is implicated; Nunes is implicated; Trump, Pompeo, Barr.

They have their fingerprints ALL OVER THIS unjust and illegal activity, and the right wing doesn't give a **** so long as they get a tax break.

Again, yes I said fact and you told me it was my opinion and I've been playing off your stupid reply, I would have thought you would have figured that out by now. Now you can go find someone else to play with and annoy, like I said you're not very good at this. :2wave:
Yes you said it was fact when it wasn't. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

Oh look, you're trying to move the goalposts that trump had to commit a crime to be impeached. good job. Your cult leaders will appreciate your efforts. I'm guessing you missed the part where the GAO said withholding aid was illegal. Speaking of crime, what crime do you think Biden committed. Oh that's right, you cant even begin to explain what you want to believe Biden did. But you know he's guilty of something. Here's a crazy idea. Instead of deflecting, why not admit I've proven this claim false.

Or if you feel up to it, please explain the "quid pro quo" you see. thanks in advance. Oh and trump withholding aid until Ukraine announced (yes, they only needed to "announce" it. they didn't even have to investigate) wasn't his first one. Firing the ambassador was his first quid pro quo.

So you admit to impeaching a president when you know there was no crime? Thats civil war kindling right there.

I'm surprised his lawyer would permit the indicted Lev Parnas to be interviewed live.

I imagine the questions have been screened beforehand. Still, it should be interesting.

The documents of Parnas released today show that a GOP Congressional candidate (Robert Hyde) was surveiling Ambassador Yovanovich in Kyiv for Rudy Giuliani.

Is that a crime? I beleive the general consensus was that Yovanovich was bad mouthing the President before and after he was elected.

Public response from democrat ethics experts:

Senator Blumenthal lied about fighting in Vietnam. Democrat response: He misspoke. He was misunderstood. He apologized. No harm done.

Senator Warren lied about being an Indian squaw. Democrat response: She misspoke. She was misunderstood. She meant no harm. She admitted having made mistakes in the past. No harm done.

President Clinton lied about having sex with Monica. Democrat response: He was on his own time. That was his own damn business. He is no different than other good old boy red blooded American. No harm done.

Hillary Clinton lied about Benghazi, about Bosnia, about Whitewater, about Travellgate, about her emails, and other things. Democrat response: She is the most qualified candidate for President the country has ever seen. She did not mean to sin. She has admitted she made mistakes but who can blame her since she is constantly beset by wolves in the right wing conspiracy trying to devour her? Forgive her her trespasses and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

President Trump said the NFL sent him a letter and the NFL denied it. Democrat response: WHAT THE HELL? HAS AMERICA EVER SEEN SUCH BRAZEN UNTRUTHFULNESS FROM A SITTING PRESIDENT? DON"T WAIT TO IMPEACH HIM, DRAG HIM OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE BY HIS EARS AND THROW HIM IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE! HEIL HILLARY!

I get it, you are fine with Trump's lies, everyone else is wrong. A lie is a lie and a lie to the american public while in office is inexcusable period so stop with the "whataboutism", it doesn't work on me or most never-trumpers. They were all wrong but Trump campaigned on being better, he has not lived up to that.

More speculation, innuendo and made up bs. He had no idea what the President thought or knew. Never spoke with him on Ukraine nor had any idea what his intentions were

This will get the hornets nest worked up but it will mean next to nothing in the senate hearings.

You know this how?

So you admit to impeaching a president when you know there was no crime?

AO, the reason you jump to such silly conclusions (and in question format) and refuse to admit the falsehoods you've posted is because you're in a cult. So let me with your latest "question". Trump abusing the power of his presidency is all that is needed for his impeachment. "actual crime" is your obedient narrative to move the goal posts. But lucky for you he's also charged with obstruction. And the GAO just said withholding aid was also a crime. But these facts are not going to stop your ranting because your cult leader is under attack. Being in a cult is why you can flail throughtout this thread that Biden is corrupt and should be investigated but your cult leader shouldn't because it isn't a crime. Only "cult" explains that ability to twist reality. this next quote is pretty funny all by itself.

There was plenty of evidence before we saw Lev's texts and notes. Now you're in thread that proves your cult leader fired an ambassador in a quid pro quo with a corrupt prosecutor. And you cant even put into words what you think Biden did but believe this
Sorry..Biden is guilty of quid pro quo.

Thats civil war kindling right there.

this deserves its own post. This only proves you're in a violent cult and will chose your cult over America.

Back
Top Bottom