• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

What crimes did Biden commit in this country?

The accusations would be a violation of the Hobbs act. Threatening to withhold loan guarantees to Ukraine in order to get the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma dismissed.

The accusations would be a violation of the Hobbs act. Threatening to withhold loan guarantees to Ukraine in order to get the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma dismissed.

Cool story. Too bad it isn't true.

Burisma should be investigated. By the Ukraine.

Biden didn't commit a crime in this country. If he did, Barr would have had him arrested by now. Or are you saying Barr doesn't know a crime when it's staring him in the face?

Oh, come on. Grow up. Get real man. Seriously. Nobody talks like that.

There doesn't need to be a precise recitation of the words, "I am now using my position as President of the United States to pressure you into investigating Biden, my political rival in the upcoming 2020 election."

So you think the over 500 words from Trump after he said let me "ask a favor", and before the first mention of Joe Biden, was an attempt to hide the true intent? Was he trying to hide it from the President of Ukraine?

Last edited:
Cool story. Too bad it isn't true.

Joe Biden admits on video to threatening to withhold the aid if the prosecutor wasn't dismissed and the prosecutor in question states he was investigating Burisma, and states that he was told by the President of Ukraine that he was fired because he wouldn't back off the Burisma investigation.

Hmm... with such solid evidence at hand, why not vote to impeach?

Because then the issue would immediately move to the Senate where investigations will be terminated in favor of an immediate vote to acquit.

Duh?

Most of the responses here amount to "I don't believe it because I don't wanna". Turning a blind eye to corruption because you are in love doesn't fix anything.

No, that's your response. The other responses speak to specifics.

Because then the issue would immediately move to the Senate where investigations will be terminated in favor of an immediate vote to acquit.

Duh?

OK, but at what point (if any) would this cease to be true?

Joe Biden admits on video to threatening to withhold the aid if the prosecutor wasn't dismissed and the prosecutor in question states he was investigating Burisma, and states that he was told by the President of Ukraine that he was fired because he wouldn't back off the Burisma investigation.

Yes, I know. We all heard him relay the story of how he said that to them. And no, he never said it had to do with Burisma, so you're lying.

I know history is hard, but the entire free world wanted the prosecutor fired. Three Republican Senators wrote a letter to the President of Ukraine demanding the removal of the corrupt prosecutor. Google it.

What does that have to do with the fact that he didn't commit a crime in this country, and if you're saying he did, why has he not been arrested?

So you think the over 500 words from Trump after he said let me "ask a favor", and before the first mention of Joe Biden, was an attempt to hide the true intent? Was he trying to hide it from the President of Ukraine?

I think given, the context of the conversation, yes...

But it doesn't matter, because Ukraine wanted the Javelin missiles as well. They desperately wanted them. So whether it's Biden or the Javelin missiles, Trump STILL committed an impeachable offense by coercing Ukraine to investigate Biden...So when Ukraine asked for the missiles, and Trump IMMEDIATELY said: "I would like you to do us a favor though", he was engaging encouraging a quid pro quo (a solicitation of bribery).

And EVEN THAT doesn't matter because there doesn't need to be a quid pro quo for Trump to commit the impeachable offense of abusing his offense by MAKING The request for a foreign government's assistance for his personal benefit. The request -- in and of itself -- is an impeachable offense WITHOUT the quid pro quo.

And your standard is that anyone who is a candidate for something cannot be investigated for criminal action. That is nonsense.

Interesting that you ignored my comment to move the goal posts, and it's a lie. In fact I've said quite the opposite several times, including specifically about Joe Biden. If DoJ has some reason to investigate Biden, AG Barr can legitimately call for an investigation/prosecution using U.S. agencies, such as DoJ or State or FBI or whoever.

You have mentioned many times the various inquiries by Barr headed up by Durham, and I've never once claimed those investigations were illegitimate or are impeachable acts.

See the difference between that and Trump asking Ukraine (and China) to put Biden under investigation, and giving Rudy the authority of the AG to work with Ukraine on this investigation? The U.S. doesn't outsource criminal investigations of any American citizens, including political rivals (which Joe clearly WAS/IS) to corrupt foreign hellholes like China and Ukraine.

Last edited:
This is an op-ed...lol

nothing in the URL or the header of the article suggests that it is.

However, if I missed something. You can press the little triangle button to have it reviewed.

What crimes did Biden commit in this country?

Executing the official foreign policy position of the United States, backed by the White House including Obama, the U.S. ambassador, republican Senators at that time, reformists in Ukraine including many of Shokin's deputies who resigned in protest of his corruption (google 'diamond prosecutors'), the UK and most or all of western Europe interested in a cleaner Ukraine! LOCK HIM UP!!

/s

They can't even come up with a possible crime to allege Hunter Biden committed, except trade on Joe's name, and if the Trump people want a bunch of targets for that, they can sit on the steps of the Capitol and about 1,000 of those will be in rock throwing distance in any given week.

OK, but at what point (if any) would this cease to be true?

In your rush to respond you forgot to think of something that makes sense.

Executing the official foreign policy position of the United States, backed by the White House including Obama, the U.S. ambassador, republican Senators at that time, reformists in Ukraine including many of Shokin's deputies who resigned in protest of his corruption (google 'diamond prosecutors'), the UK and most or all of western Europe interested in a cleaner Ukraine! LOCK HIM UP!!

/s

They can't even come up with a possible crime to allege Hunter Biden committed, except trade on Joe's name, and if the Trump people want a bunch of targets for that, they can sit on the steps of the Capitol and about 1,000 of those will be in rock throwing distance in any given week.

Facts are fake nooz Jasper!

Who in the **** believes anything Donald Trump says? You'd have to be an idiot.

Who in the **** believes anything Donald Trump says? You'd have to be an idiot.

* points to many regular users on this forum to prove your case *

nothing in the URL or the header of the article suggests that it is.

However, if I missed something. You can press the little triangle button to have it reviewed.

Irrelevant. This is nothing but opinion.

Irrelevant. This is nothing but opinion.

Either you didn't read the article, or you're lying. Neither is a good look, actually. It's a series of quotes from the WB complaint, and to the right of that is a discussion, with links, of evidence that proves or does not prove the claim. Facts might be "opinion" in Trump land, but not for the rest of us living in the reality based world.

Yes, I know. We all heard him relay the story of how he said that to them. And no, he never said it had to do with Burisma, so you're lying.

And you are mentally challenged because I didn't claim that Biden said it had to do with Burisma. Or is this a stupid act to avoid addressing the topic?

I think given, the context of the conversation, yes...

But it doesn't matter, because Ukraine wanted the Javelin missiles as well. They desperately wanted them. So whether it's Biden or the Javelin missiles, Trump STILL committed an impeachable offense by coercing Ukraine to investigate Biden...

They didn't investigate Biden and they have gotten their aid.

Back
Top Bottom