• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

KEEPING EYES ON ISRAEL (2 Viewers)

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The fluid situation with Israel is something many Christians - especially those who look for signs for the coming of Christ - are keeping an eye on.
This thread is devoted for the unfolding events happening with Israel.

We may need to backtrack to see some previous events (which have had minimal reporting), that are significant with Israel and the End Times.
I'm thinking of the red heifers, which I hardly know anything about.

What's the significance of the red heifer?

From Texas to Israel: Red heifers needed for Temple arrive

A Christian farmer in Texas raised the prized heifers which are essential for priests to serve in the Temple.

Five perfectly red heifers, required for the ritual purification of those who have touched a dead body, arrived in Israel from a ranch in Texas on Thursday, as the Temple Institute continues preparations to lay the ground
for the construction of the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

The heifers are all under one year old and if they remain 100% red and avoid any blemishes which would disqualify them, they will each be eligible to be used to create the ashes required by Jewish law to purify those
who have been in contact with a dead body, explained the Temple Institute on Monday.
This level of purification would be needed in order to allow the kohanim (priests) to carry out their work in a future Temple.

Last edited:

Zechariah 14

The Coming Day of the Lord

14 Behold, a day is coming for the Lord, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle.
4 On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward,
and the other half southward.
5 And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.[a]

6 On that day there shall be no light, cold, or frost.[b]
7 And there shall be a unique[c] day, which is known to the Lord, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light.

8 On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea[d] and half of them to the western sea.[e] It shall continue in summer as in winter.

9 And the Lord will be king over all the earth. On that day the Lord will be one and his name one.

10 The whole land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. But Jerusalem shall remain aloft on its site from the Gate of Benjamin to the place of the former gate, to the Corner Gate,
and from the Tower of Hananel to the king's winepresses.
11 And it shall be inhabited, for there shall never again be a decree of utter destruction.[f] Jerusalem shall dwell in security.

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets,
and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

13 And on that day a great panic from the Lord shall fall on them, so that each will seize the hand of another, and the hand of the one will be raised against the hand of the other.
14 Even Judah will fight at Jerusalem.[g] And the wealth of all the surrounding nations shall be collected, gold, silver, and garments in great abundance.
15 And a plague like this plague shall fall on the horses, the mules, the camels, the donkeys, and whatever beasts may be in those camps.

16 Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.
17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them.
18 And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain;[h] there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.
19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.

20 And on that day there shall be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “Holy to the Lord.” And the pots in the house of the Lord shall be as the bowls before the altar.
21 And every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holy to the Lord of hosts, so that all who sacrifice may come and take of them and boil the meat of the sacrifice in them.
And there shall no longer be a trader[i] in the house of the Lord of hosts on that day.

This matters to End Times prophecy as many believe Christ's return is imminent as the Red Heifer is important for the Third Temple.

The Third Temple must be rebuilt before Christ's return. Another is that of the prophecy laid out in Zechariah 14:1-21 where attacks against Jerusalem

would occur during the feast of Tabernacles, which occurred during the attacks on Israel back in October 2023.

What to Watch For As Conflict and War in Israel Unfolds

Scripture lays out that many things are necessary before the return of Christ. One is the building of the Third Temple, which is yet to occur.
Another is a massive earthquake prophesized about in Ezekiel 38:19 during a battle against Magog. Magog will not win the battle; God will intervene with this earthquake.
We must be diligent to study the Word and what is to come to be aware of the events occurring around us, unfolding just as He said they would.
This vigilance involves not only recognizing these significant prophetic signs but also understanding their implications in the broader narrative of biblical prophecy.
For Christians, being informed about the current events in Israel and how they correlate with prophecies involves continuous learning and engaging with both the scripture and reliable,
scholarly interpretations that respect the historical and theological context of these predictions.

Awareness also means being prepared—spiritually, mentally, and practically—for the changes these prophetic fulfillments might bring. Christians are encouraged to maintain a posture of prayer and readiness,
aligning their lives with God's will and purposes, and supporting each other in faith communities to stay watchful and hopeful as events continue to unfold.
This preparation not only strengthens personal faith but also equips believers to offer reasoned, calm, and insightful perspectives in discussions about these often-misunderstood topics.

• 1948–49: Israel's War of Independence and the Palestinian Nakba.
  • 1956: Suez Crisis.
  • 1967: Six-Day War.
  • 1973: Yom Kippur War.
  • 1982: Lebanon War.
  • 2006: Second Lebanon War.
  • 2023–present: Israel-Hamas War.
And throw in a couple if intifadas.

Wars in Israel are par for the course. They are not a sign of the mythical apocalypse predicted in an indecipherable book from Classical Antiquity.

Wars in Israel are par for the course. They are not a sign of the mythical apocalypse predicted in an indecipherable book from Classical Antiquity.

Lets not forget the crusades.

This isn't all about just wars.

Calling Israel’s invasion of Gaza a war is absurd. It is at best a police action and more accurately described as putting down a prison revolt and ferreting out the leaders of that revolt.

This is more Attica than Ardennes.

Zechariah 12

3 On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves.
And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.

There is a surge in anti-semitism all over the world.
All the more now, with Israel's war on Gaza.

Oct 31 (Reuters) - Authorities and civil society groups in many countries have reported a surge in antisemitism since the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on southern Israel and subsequent bombardment of the Gaza Strip by the Israeli military.
The following are details of how the surge is affecting countries, compiled by Reuters reporters around the world:

I just saw Biden giving a speech on tv today in Washington - talking about the "FEROCIOUS SURGE" of anti-semtism in the USA.

Biden Condemns a ‘Ferocious Surge’ of Antisemitism in the United States

President Biden’s speech at a Holocaust remembrance ceremony came during weeks of protests on U.S. college campuses against Israel’s war in Gaza.

Last edited:
Zechariah 12

3 On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves.
And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.

Rafah invasion could find Israel standing alone.

US pauses shipment of bombs Israel could use in Rafah

The decision comes amid international outrage over civilian deaths.

The Biden administration has paused a shipment of bombs that could be used in Rafah over concerns that Israel is poised to invade the southern Gaza city where more than a million Palestinians are sheltering.

I wonder how many people will claim themselves as Christ if the third temple is rebuilt? Every kukaburro will come out of the woodwork.😵‍💫🤪

I know many non-Christians won't agree or won't acknowledge it.......................but.............

This is about....................

.......................... RELIGIOUS BELIEF on END TIMES, which heavily involves Israel.

Last edited:
I know this is the ISRAEL/PALESTINE thread........................

......................but I do hope you guys don't complain when you see walls of text on BIBLE VERSES!

And talks of end times, and raptures on this thread!

Lol - I'm at a lost as to how this subject got here!
:ROFLMAO:

Just FYI............the Middle East is very much in the End Times narrative.
That also includes RUSSIA!

I know many non-Christians won't agree or won'yt acknowledge it.......................but.............

This is about....................

.......................... RELIGIOUS BELIEF on END TIMES, which heavily involves Israel.
There's a forum for that and this ain't it...

Since Iran had joined the fray between Israel and Hamas - by doing a missile attack on Israel, this may eventually lead to the involvement of RUSSIA.

There's a forum for that and this ain't it...

I know!

Hahahaha - I got moved here.

One minute I was in Theology - and the next time I looked, I wasn't there anymore. 🤷

Then you can't govern this thread...mods know what's best...

What do you mean I can't govern this thread?
Do you mean, I can't continue with my subject?
I don't understand.

Just a reminder, folks.
I am speculating on the prophecies about the End Times - of which some signs involve Israel.
What involves Israel, and some other players that relates to Israel.......is what we try to keep focused on.

IRAN's attack on Israel, is said to be a fulfillment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom