• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Department ‘Looking Into’ Hillary Clinton’s Emails— Again[W:292]

Re: Justice Department ‘Looking Into’ Hillary Clinton’s Emails— Again

Do you think the President should be allowed to use the Justice Department to persecute his political rivals?

Obama did it.

Good investigate her, and right after trump is dealt with they can deal with her. As some of us have said all along neither was fit to be President, time to rectify that problem once and for all. Drain the Swamp

I think this is a bad move. Hillary isn't running in 2020. If they want to smear someone they should start investigating Cory Booker or Kamala Harris for whatever.

Dear God, I hope to hell Hillary isn't running in 2020. If things don't change I will be voting for Trump's opponent, and just like in 2016, there's no chance I would vote for her.

:roll: Whatever. Your dishonesty is rank.

It's dishonest to say that the DOJ is looking into Clinton's emails again?

That's not even a troll post. That's just sad.

Dear God, I hope to hell Hillary isn't running in 2020. If things don't change I will be voting for Trump's opponent, and just like in 2016, there's no chance I would vote for her.

If nothing else, 2017 gave us a field of potential candidates that don't suck. If Democrats screw this up then they deserve to lose all power forever.

It's dishonest to say that the DOJ is looking into Clinton's emails again?

No, it's dishonest to say, as you did:

He didn't bring her up. He reported on the news.

The news was about her. He was the one who brought her up.

It's also dishonest to go on about how "Trump supporters" are "obsessed with Hillary" as though that's why Hillary is being discussed in this thread.

But you know all that, and you're tripling down on the dishonesty.

That's not even a troll post. That's just sad.

No, it's not a troll post. It's accurately describing what you're doing here. Which is, indeed, "sad."

I missed this post in the cross-fire.

Can you see the anti-democratic impact of a head-of-state ordering his justice department to actively investigate his political rivals?

I had to delete your entire post because you were unable to support that a prior President has ordered the DOJ to look into his political rivals, and you're unable to address whether it's right for the current one to do so.

The investigation has already been done. What has not been done was to allow the AG to present the results of that investigation to a grand jury to see if they could get an indictment. To assert that it was not a political decision by the Obama administration's FBI director to "clear" the suspect while Obama was backing that suspect running as their party's POTUS replacement is absolutely absurd. Now that the POTUS election is over is a perfect time to let justice run its natural course.

The investigation of Comey and the FBI in regard to their handling of Clinton's email started by Democrats believing Comey cost Clinton the election.

After information the committees in Congress received in their investigation of Trump Russia thing, and information others received through FOIA's Republicans believed there was enough evidence to re-open the Clinton email case. AG Sessions did not agree with them at the time and stated if the evidence reached a certain threshold then the DOJ could consider reopening the case but at that particular time there was not enough to pursue it further.

My guess is IG Horowitz who has been investigating the actions of those in the FBI and DOJ under Obama in regard to the Clinton Email investigation and the Trump/Russia investigation has found something that has sparked the investigation to be re-opened.

The investigation has already been done. What has not been done was to allow the AG to present the results of that investigation to a grand jury to see if they could get an indictment.

This is a flagrantly disingenuous post. They're opening another investigation. Your wordplay isn't fooling anyone.

To assert that it was not a political decision by the Obama administration's FBI director to "clear" the suspect while Obama was backing that suspect running as their party's POTUS replacement is absolutely absurd. Now that the POTUS election is over is a perfect time to let justice run its natural course.

You've had ample opportunity to cite evidence that Obama ordered the DOJ to go after his political rivals or give preferential treatment to his friends. You've failed to do this over a fourteen page thread and we're moving on.

If there is nothing on Hillary (et al) then a grand jury will agree and deny an indictment but it should not be up to the FBI to play AG (and grand jury?) and "clear" folks that just happen to be running for POTUS and are endorsed by the current POTUS.

That's a total non-sequitur. Your post contains nothing that responds to what I said.

The pressure came from Trump. That's in the OP and in another post I made to ttwt.

No, the " pressure " was there long before Trump became the GOP candidate and it actually helped him get elected.

Hillary was not only unlikable, voters didnt trust her. She made the decision to lie repeatedly to the faces of millions of Americans voters

From her claiming the server was set up for convience because she didnt like using multiple devices to her lie about not deleiting work related emails, it was one lie after the other and this was before Comey exonerated her.

American voters aren't impressed by wealthy, well connected Politicans being held to a different legal standard than the average Joe

This is a flagrantly disingenuous post. They're opening another investigation. Your wordplay isn't fooling anyone.

You've had ample opportunity to cite evidence that Obama ordered the DOJ to go after his political rivals or give preferential treatment to his friends. You've failed to do this over a fourteen page thread and we're moving on.

Yep, the fact that Obama was openly campaigning for her was totally unnoticed by all in his administration. Beyond that then WTF needed to be said?

No, it's dishonest to say, as you did:

The news was about her. He was the one who brought her up.

It's also dishonest to go on about how "Trump supporters" are "obsessed with Hillary" as though that's why Hillary is being discussed in this thread.

But you know all that, and you're tripling down on the dishonesty.

No, it's not a troll post. It's accurately describing what you're doing here. Which is, indeed, "sad."

So this isn't news?

And are you in here saying that Hillary should just go away?

So this isn't news?

What I said is as crystal-clear as your ridiculous behavior here.

If nothing else, 2017 gave us a field of potential candidates that don't suck. If Democrats screw this up then they deserve to lose all power forever.

Yup. The Dems have a golden opportunity here. Question is will they blow it.

Lose power forever? Nah, probably just lose power for quite a while. Eventually I'm sure we'll get another Democrat.

The investigation of Comey and the FBI in regard to their handling of Clinton's email started by Democrats believing Comey cost Clinton the election.

After information the committees in Congress received in their investigation of Trump Russia thing, and information others received through FOIA's Republicans believed there was enough evidence to re-open the Clinton email case. AG Sessions did not agree with them at the time and stated if the evidence reached a certain threshold then the DOJ could consider reopening the case but at that particular time there was not enough to pursue it further.

My guess is IG Horowitz who has been investigating the actions of those in the FBI and DOJ under Obama in regard to the Clinton Email investigation and the Trump/Russia investigation has found something that has sparked the investigation to be re-opened.

Oh I think he's definately found something.

The NYTs made that pretty clear when they ran that Papadopolis article over the weekend.

It was a ridicilous attempt at revisionism that tried to minimize the influence the dossier played in the investigation and the Left ran with it.

We are supposed to forget everything thats been reported on Carte Page over the last year, forget the CNN article from April which tied the dossie to the FISA request and shift our focus to a manufactured narrative that involves a drunken Papadopolis and a Australian diplomat

The NYTs thinks their readers are morons apparently. That article shows just how toxic the dossiers become

I'm not going to go that far but it does seem possible (probable?) that some of the appointees and senior staff collaborated to provide opposition research.

I think the link between Fusion GPS and the Clinton Campaign, and between Fusion GPS and the FBI Trump investigation has been well established.

Considering past history, I'd rather not say.

Yep, the fact that Obama was openly campaigning for her was totally unnoticed by all in his administration. Beyond that then WTF needed to be said?

In other words, failing for even a whataboutism post, you're unable to demonstrate that the Obama ordered the DOJ to go after his political rivals or give preferential treatment to his friends.

No, the " pressure " was there long before Trump became the GOP candidate and it actually helped him get elected.

Do you believe that the President should be able to order the DOJ to investigate his political rivals? Yes or no.

Obama publically declared Hillary shouldn’t be indicted during the investigation, Peter Strzok wrote a memo used by Comey to exonerate Hillary while his gal pal was creating “insurance” with Obama’s number 2 at the FBI and after Comey read that memo Strzoks civil rights violating wife got an Obama appointment to head the SEC

You of course are going to respond this is all clean and no problem because the ends justify the means for democrats

then there is this lovely piece of work that comey did.

GOP investigators claim to have discovered holes in FBI's Clinton email probe: Report

Republicans from committees conducting their own probes say they have found written proof that the FBI believed the “sheer volume” of classified information shared between Clinton and her top aides through an insecure private email server was evidence that laws had been broken and false statements had been admitted.

wow amazing.

here is the amazing part.

Republican lawmakers said the FBI had started to draft a statement exonerating Clinton of wrongdoing, even though evidence pertaining to subpoenas was still outstanding. Furthermore, agents had not yet interviewed over a dozen witnesses, including the computer firm employee.

seriously? already saying she is innocent without all the evidence collected?
talk about obstruction.

that whole investigation was corrupt from the top down.

there is no way they could prosecute her. even if she didn't serve jail time her clearances would have been revoked at minimum and she never allowed to hold office again.
basically disqualifying her from the presidency.

she was supposed to be the first women president.

tumblr_oz4maeJwWf1qinrtgo1_500.jpg

show us the evidence so far no one else has.

So in other words, you can't cite a single example of Obama ordering the Justice Department to prosecute his political rivals or give his friends preferential treatment. As false equivalencies go, this is the worst example I've ever seen on this board.

Ex–DoJ lawyer: Holder won’t prosecute blacks

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...nt-you-dare-clean-up-your-voter-rolls-n683446

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...ve-to-enforce-laws-you-disagree-with-n1800255

Official: Justice Department plans to sue over Arizona law - CNN.com

More like: how will they blow it? Telling folks that their paychecks are not really any bigger after the tax cuts for the rich, that the economy was ruined by Trump even if their 401Ks are growing, that the rich (except any rich demorats) are robbing them blind, the KKK is backing the republicant NAZIs, police are killing thousands of unarmed black chillrens every day (and blaming it on thugs) or that "free" medical care, "free" college and a middle class "living wage" from a part-time McJob are guaranteed if they vote for the one with a vagina are all possibilities.

So this isn't news?

Harshaw knows perfectly well that Cardinal did the exact thing that one is supposed to do in a breaking news thread (1) state the breaking news, (2) express an opinion about it.

He's just trolling. He was aiming the same miserable game-playing at me earlier.

Back
Top Bottom