• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John F. Kerry running in 2020?

According to the Jerusalem Post, Kerry is considering a run in 2020.

In the article it states that the previous Sec. of State, John Kerry has been keeping in contact with the Palestinian leadership giving advice to not give into Trump's demands. That Trump is not going to be in office long. How would John Kerry know that? But anyway the article claims that Kerry is considering a run. That he is not too old.

But it gets even more interesting as Kerry is reported to have absolutely trashed Trump, gave advice on coming up with a Palestinian peace plan, offering to help garner international support for it. He told Agha to ask Abbas not to speak badly of the Trump administration but make his derogatory remarks solely toward Trump.

If this report is true, these actions of a former Sec. of State are unconscionable.

Kerry to Abbas confidante: 'Stay strong and do not give in to Trump' - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

Kerry and most of the Obama administration seem to have had a significant dislike for Netanyahu. Bibi was not a supporter of the appeasement plan the Democrats were pushing for Middle East policy therefore he was (and, apparently, is) treated as an enemy of the party.

In the article it states that the previous Sec. of State, John Kerry has been keeping in contact with the Palestinian leadership giving advice to not give into Trump's demands. That Trump is not going to be in office long. How would John Kerry know that? But anyway the article claims that Kerry is considering a run. That he is not too old.

But it gets even more interesting as Kerry is reported to have absolutely trashed Trump, gave advice on coming up with a Palestinian peace plan, offering to help garner international support for it. He told Agha to ask Abbas not to speak badly of the Trump administration but make his derogatory remarks solely toward Trump.

If this report is true, these actions of a former Sec. of State are unconscionable.

Kerry to Abbas confidante: 'Stay strong and do not give in to Trump' - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

Kerry would be 77 come 2020. Not whom I would want if I was a Democrat as my party's nominee. I would prefer a fresher face, younger and not from the Northeast. The Democrats haven't done too well with candidates from the Northeast, Dukakis, Mass, Kerry, Mass, Hillary, NY, all losers. They done quite well with candidates from outside the Northeast, LBJ, Texas, Carter, Georgia, Bill Clinton Arkansas and Obama, Illinois.

Come to think of it, the republicans didn't do too good with their Northeasterner candidate either, Romney. Although when you have two NY'ers, I suppose one is bound to win.

My point is it is unconscionable for a former Sec State to be engaged in such things. If true he is undermining a sitting president that the people elected. That is just unacceptable behavior. If there was a report of a Sec State under Bush went and undermined the Obama administration it would be just as unacceptable.

There are consequences for elections and evidently according to this report, a member of the Obama administration hasn't accepted it.

You can do that if you're a Democrat. If you happen to be a Republican candidate for president or a Republican president elect and happen to have a baloney sandwich at a Russian owned deli in Manhattan they'll throw a special prosecutor at you.

Well I refer to him as John F-ing Kerry but Lurch will do.

Where did you read that Obama lawyered up?
Oh I get it! Kerrey = lurch!

If the Dems nominate him it'll ensure a GOP victory in 2020!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your little meltdown had little to do with the OP .
If a Republican Secretary of State and potential 2012 Republican candidate for president had done this very same thing to Obama as Kerry did to Trump just with Netanyahu instead of Abbas you and the media would have been extremely indignant. Instead of looking at what Kerry did you go off the rails in another direction.

I bet you wish upon a star every evening hoping Trump gets nailed for something. That's obvious. And when someone reaches that point they have lost all perspective.

If a Republican Secretary of State and potential 2012 Republican candidate for president had done this very same thing to Obama as Kerry did to Trump just with Netanyahu instead of Abbas you and the media would have been extremely indignant. Instead of looking at what Kerry did you go off the rails in another direction.

I bet you wish upon a star every evening hoping Trump gets nailed for something. That's obvious. And when someone reaches that point they have lost all perspective.

What would you call Trump National Security Advisor making Policy with the Russians?
Kerry is retired and holds no position in the Govt.

So the JP got a recording of secret meeting between Kerry and Abbas- guess where it came from?

Kerry running for president in 2020?? I wouldn't even take 200-to-1 odds on this. Maybe two million to one.

"A friend of former FBI director James Comey who leaked sensitive FBI memos to The New York Times in the wake of Comey’s firing in 2017 now claims to be Comey’s personal attorney. Daniel Richman, a law professor at Columbia University, told The Federalist via phone on Tuesday afternoon that he was now personally representing Comey."
https://thefederalist.com/2018/01/23/comey-friend-leaked-fbi-memos-now-claims-attorney/

And how does that equate to lawering up? It does not. Just someones imagination running wild to arrive at contrived conclusions that do not bear the weight of facts.

Not that I know of? Are you now a lawyer?
And not what I stated- try to keep up Bucky.

Kerry's just another boogieman for the GOP and its posters, failing at their 2020 ruse, terrified of the 2018 elections ...

And how does that equate to lawering up? It does not. Just someones imagination running wild to arrive at contrived conclusions that do not bear the weight of facts.

LOL, I can't stop laughing, anyway this is off topic. Did you hear? Kerry may run in 2020. :lamo

Kerry running for president in 2020?? I wouldn't even take 200-to-1 odds on this. Maybe two million to one.

Especially after word got out that he conspired with a terrorist orginization to undermine United States foreign policy.

LOL, I can't stop laughing, anyway this is off topic. Did you hear? Kerry may run in 2020. :lamo

Asked a question- you made a claim- can you support it or is it just another bogus post?

This is the hilarious thing about politics and the team based partisanship we have in America. One side critizes the other, and after a period of time the roles are reversed.

If this turns out to be true, there is hardly any difference between Kerry's actions and Flynn's. The only real difference is that Flynn was a member of the upcoming administration while Kerry is nobody of importance. If anything Kerry's action are more egregious due to that fact, but ultimately neither are worth getting upset about and rather pointless.

Back
Top Bottom