• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Bolton: Five things new Trump security adviser believes

Kompromat Before Donald Trump: History of a Spy Technique | Time

When news broke this week that U.S. intelligence agencies had briefed President Barack Obama and President-elect Donald Trump on a two-page report summarizing unsubstantiated claims that Russia had collected damaging material about Trump, the CNN story had immediate reverberations throughout the U.S. government and media. It also likely introduced a new word into many American observers’ vocabularies: kompromat.

“No, the Kremlin does not have ‘kompromat’ on Trump,” Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, told CNN, dismissing the claims as an “attempt to harm our bilateral relationship.”

But what exactly is kompromat? That Russian word translates online to compromising evidence

Trump was in Moscow in 2013 for the beauty pageant. The only phones he had access to were unsecured & very likely were tapped by the Russian intelligence services. They have it all on tape & neatly transcribed. And they have the same on Jared & Ivanka. Russians historically use blackmail to gain influence over foreigners.

The Russians record everyone, including tourists. Concluding from that that they "have something" on Trump, is quite the stretch. I would imagine they also had plenty on Hillary. After all, she had intimate dealings with them while Trump was nothing but a private citizen.

Yeah, and the defense of it by vertias above, sees that "but Clinton", and raises it a "but Obama". It's glorious.

Standard operating procedure. When they don't have a valid counter response they use the "Whatabout Clinton" and/or "Whatabout Obama" default in an attempt to derail the thread and divert it from the OP.

A fact that continues to amaze me is their defense and justification of a Trump action or inaction based solely on insistence of Clinton or Obama having done it first = The Lowered Bar Defense. The Lowered Bar Defense is rarely played and never works in the real world. Hell, it doesn't work with 5 year olds.

The Russians record everyone, including tourists. Concluding from that that they "have something" on Trump, is quite the stretch. I would imagine they also had plenty on Hillary. After all, she had intimate dealings with them while Trump was nothing but a private citizen.

I am assuming that Trump has been & is being compromised by the Russians by his continuing to play softball with Putin. Our national security is at grave risk.

Liberals just can't seem to discuss the actual RUSSIAN CASH sent the Clinton's way...

weird isn't it?

That is not what this thread is about. I urge you to start your own thread about Russian cash sent the Clinton's way rather than to continue your selfish attempt to commandeer this thread.

Why do you conservatives keep trying to change the subject? Trump being blackmailed by Putin has you uncomfortable?

See what I mean? Liberals dodge the Russia to Clinton Cash issue like rats scurrying from a sinking ship. Why is that? Face it head on, then you might have some room to speak about Russian collusion without the taint of full hypocrisy.

Good luck!

Standard operating procedure. When they don't have a valid counter response they use the "Whatabout Clinton" and/or "Whatabout Obama" default in an attempt to derail the thread and divert it from the OP.

A fact that continues to amaze me is their defense and justification of a Trump action or inaction based solely on insistence of Clinton or Obama having done it first = The Lowered Bar Defense. The Lowered Bar Defense is rarely played and never works in the real world. Hell, it doesn't work with 5 year olds.

We're still waiting on your evidence that Trump either colluded with Putin or that Putin has something on Trump. The fact is that you don't have any. Just repeating it over and over again is not evidence. It is supposition.

That is not what this thread is about. I urge you to start your own thread about Russian cash sent the Clinton's way rather than to continue your selfish attempt to commandeer this thread.

Translation: We can't defend the Clinton cash machine (Russian money)

And again... another dodge

Okay, I'll leave this thread to the hypocrites who can't admit the Clinton's were being paid by the Russians (even though it's a FACT).

Enjoy!

I am assuming that Trump has been & is being compromised by the Russians by his continuing to play softball with Putin. Our national security is at grave risk.

The operative term above is "assuming". BTW, didn't we just put new sanctions on Russia? What else would you like?

Since when is Trump required to do what his underlings want? That's a goofy statement.
Exactly, but you realize it was mrmike that implied that was relevant! WTG veritas, attack your trolling buddy. High five. You two must be new, bumping into each other like some comedy skit.

mrmike said:
But if Trump is a Russian puppet as the Left keeps trying to imply, how would #5 even be a consideration for Trump picking Bolton if he knew that Bolton trended that way?

Translation: We can't defend the Clinton cash machine (Russian money)!
And again... another dodge

Moronic. The post is about Bolton, not Hillary, and you think keeping you on topic is a "dodge"?

Conservatives debating tactic: distract & deflect. That's a lot easier than addressing the OP topic: DJT is in Putin's bag.

Liberals just can't seem to discuss the actual RUSSIAN CASH sent the Clinton's way...

weird isn't it?

The Clinton Foundation is a charity. The Clinton's don't collect a salary or make any money from it. If you start a charity and I give money to your charity am I giving YOU money? Of course not.

But Kushner and his family own Kushner companies and they got loans from people they met with in the White House. That's real pay for play. Weird that you ignore that, huh?

John Bolton: Five things new Trump security adviser believes

It's frightening when our best chance at a voice of reason has been whittled down to Fox and Friends.

Bolton said he is against communist, terrorist & terrorism, yet he supports the MEK & the US .................... imagine ..........

It's frightening when our best chance at a voice of reason has been whittled down to Fox and Friends.

Ironic that ‘the voice of reason ‘ goes by “Maddog “. Only one thing to know about John Bolton is that he is so crazy, he sleeps hanging upside down!

I don't think those bullet points take it far enough.
He doesn't just disagree with the UN, he claims it literally does not exist.

I particularly liked hearing this one last night:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2005/4/15/106909/-
Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman. For nearly two weeks, while I awaited fresh direction from my company and from US AID, John Bolton hounded me in such an appalling way that I eventually retreated to my hotel room and stayed there. Mr. Bolton, of course, then routinely visited me there to pound on the door and shout threats.

As a maligned whistleblower, I've learned firsthand the lengths Mr. Bolton will go to accomplish any goal he sets for himself. Truth flew out the window. Decency flew out the window. In his bid to smear me and promote the interests of his client, he went straight for the low road and stayed there.

John Bolton put me through hell -- and he did everything he could to intimidate, malign and threaten not just me, but anybody unwilling to go along with his version of events. His behavior back in 1994 wasn't just unforgivable, it was pathological.

John Bolton: Five things new Trump security adviser believes - BBC News

1. A pre-emptive strike against North Korea is perfectly justified (despite the Chinese having announced that such a strike would start WWIII).

2. Bombing Iran is probably OK, too

3. He's not the biggest fan of the UN

4. The Iraq War wasn't a mistake (Even though the threat of Saddam kept the peace in the region, he was still all for overthrowing him.)

5. Russia needs to be dealt with strongly

On that last point he may be in conflict with Putin-loving Trump.

Indeed, Bolton is a threat to the nation and the world in regarding numbers 1 - 4.

No one should be surprised that Bolton will make diplomatic efforts with NK even more difficult. China does not want a war between the US and North Korea, but you can be certain that should one occur China would be on NK like a duck on a june bug to gather the spoils and expand their borders. And then there is the rest of the region who would suffer immeasurably by a US war with NK.

The Iran nuke deal may soon be dishonored likely due to Bolton's influence over Trump and Trump's desire to change public focus from the Mueller investigation as it becomes even hotter. Nothing like attacking a sovereign nation and blowing **** up in the ME to divert public attention.

There must be some kind of understanding between Trump and Bolton regarding Russia such as "I'll let you attack NK and kill millions of people but you must agree to leave Russia alone."

The Clinton Foundation is a charity. The Clinton's don't collect a salary or make any money from it. If you start a charity and I give money to your charity am I giving YOU money? Of course not.

But Kushner and his family own Kushner companies and they got loans from people they met with in the White House. That's real pay for play. Weird that you ignore that, huh?

Please. The Russians were trying to get the Uranium One deal and suddenly tens of millions went to the Clinton Foundation. You think they did that because they're nice guys? No, it's called buying influence. It's why Billy got $500k for a speech. Notice how CF donations have sunk dramatically now that Hill is out of government?

Even the NYT was on to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

anyone that believes a US attack on NoKo won't result in WWIII is ****ing kidding themselves .............. enjoy the glow ..............

.............. courtesy of Uncle Sham .............

Exactly, but you realize it was mrmike that implied that was relevant! WTG veritas, attack your trolling buddy. High five. You two must be new, bumping into each other like some comedy skit.

The point is that if Trump were compromised by Putin, he'd have little use for Bolton. So, once again, the unsupported claims of the left make no sense. Also, I didn't see mrmike suggest that Trump had to do what his underlings say. That was your take on his post. I responded to you, not him.

Ironic that ‘the voice of reason ‘ goes by “Maddog “. Only one thing to know about John Bolton is that he is so crazy, he sleeps hanging upside down!

I believe that's called 'bats*** crazy'.

The point is that if Trump were compromised by Putin, he'd have little use for Bolton. So, once again, the unsupported claims of the left make no sense. Also, I didn't see mrmike suggest that Trump had to do what his underlings say. That was your take on his post. I responded to you, not him.

Trump will do whatever he wants regardless of what the advisers around him think & say. He is known to a) not read his intelligence briefs & b) not listen to his top national security advisers. I predict that bats*** crazy John Bolton won't last long.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...olton-hawk-iran-war-national-security-adviser

John Bolton has made it into the White House. Does this mean war?

David Shariatmadari

Trump has replaced his thoughtful national security adviser with a belligerent TV pundit. This is government by Fox News.

In the febrile days after Donald Trump’s election, one of the more terrifying prospects was the appointment of John Bolton to a senior position in the incoming administration. Bolton is the hawk’s hawk, the neocon’s neocon (though he rejects that label, preferring “Goldwater conservative” after the presidential candidate deemed too extreme by the American people in 1964). His published work includes “To Stop Iran’s Bomb, Bomb Iran”, “The Legal Case for Striking North Korea First” and “How to Defund the UN”. As George W Bush’s under secretary of state for arms control he was a rabidly enthusiastic supporter of the invasion of Iraq, and seems never to have fallen out of love with the doctrine of intervention, despite the catastrophe he helped engineer.
======================================================================================
Cross your fingers with this guy advising Trump. Between them we might be able to scrape up serious provocations all over the world.

that bats*** crazy John Bolton won't last long.

Let's he doesn't last.. He's 1 dangerous crazy nut.. It is funny though seeing Trump supporters suddenly in love with Bolton the #1 Neocon in the GOP, this after 2 years of the same supporters swearing they voted for Trump because they hated Neocons and the Neocon take-over of the GOP. lol I guess Neocons are back in favor, until Trump fires Bolton.

What a bunch of phonies Trump supporters are.

Back
Top Bottom