• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jared Kushner’s Younger Brother Had Vowed To #MarchForOurLives. And He Did.

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Jared Kushner’s Younger Brother Had Vowed To #MarchForOurLives. And He Did.

5ab76e5e1e0000fb077afaa9.jpeg

Josh Kushner

By Dominique Mosbergen
03/25/2018

Josh Kushner, the younger brother of President Donald Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, joined the “March For Our Lives” protest march in Washington on Saturday. The Kushner brother had promised to attend the anti-gun violence rally in an earlier Instagram post. His girlfriend, model Karlie Kloss, also participated in the gathering. Kloss shared a photo on Instagram of her and Delaney Tarr, a 17-year-old survivor of last month’s Parkland, Florida, mass shooting ― the tragedy that claimed 17 lives at a high school and sparked the demonstration in Washington and similar marches across the U.S.and the world. “Today, and every day, we will continue to fight for those things that are right. We will continue to fight for common sense. We will continue to fight for our lives,” Kloss wrote in a caption, quoting Tarr. Kushner has described himself as a “lifelong Democrat.” In 2016, he said through a spokesman that he would not be voting for Trump. Trump and his Twitter account were unusually silent on Saturday as hundreds of thousands of protesters marched in cities across the U.S. and around the world demanding meaningful gun reform.

Josh Kushner also donated $50,000 to March For Our Lives. Well done.

So, jarred's brother josh hates the 2nd amendment; that's nice ............... not ..............

So, jarred's brother josh hates the 2nd amendment; that's nice ............... not ..............

Rosemary Nilles, the local Moms Demand Action chapter leader, said although the nation’s gun problem is severe, their group is not anti-gun rights.

“We staunchly support Second Amendment rights,” she said. “Many of our members are gun owners. It’s simply about common sense — criminal background checks for everyone before they buy a gun so that domestic abusers, convicted felons and people with a history of violence aren’t getting access to guns. Every gun owner agrees with that. Nobody wants bad guys getting guns.”

March for Our Lives draws local support | Local News | chronicleonline.com

Some gun-owners told us why they’re joining in: “I’m a long time gun owner, and have enjoyed them my entire life, especially growing up. I definitely have a strong connection to my father through them. While I haven’t felt the negative impact of guns in my life, I’ve been slow to rise up and challenge the gun industry and pro-gun mindset. I’m ready to take them on now!” – Lawrence Walters, Marching in Chicago

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/03/march-for-our-lives-gun-violence-protests/

Sorry Smokes, it's just not an accurate statement.
There are gun owners who support these kids, maybe more, a lot more, than you might think.

little tuff 2 C tha forest 4 tha trees, huh?

I myself own at least 5 guns, yet I support sensible gun reform. It's not a binary 'yes or no' proposition.

One can support the 2nd 100% and still seek needed gun reforms. Perhaps that is too nuanced for you.

I saw some (Parkland) kids on Mike Wallace (FOX) this morning & all they talked about was assault weapons, we wanna take them away, one guy said, "my dad is a cop; sure cops should have weapons but not other people"

I'm like GO **** yourself kid ........... first they take an inch then they want your whole penis ...................

and while we're at it; what is an 'assault weapon?' It's whatever the anti gun, gun grabbers want it 2 B .................

I myself own at least 5 guns, yet I support sensible gun reform. It's not a binary 'yes or no' proposition.

One can support the 2nd 100% and still seek needed gun reforms. Perhaps that is too nuanced for you.

the 2nd amendment has been infringed upon more than the institution of marriage by folks that have been married more than one ****ing time

your support of sensible gun reform is likely analogous to saying Nixon was a complete **** wit of a politician so, let's ban all Republicans

huh................................ wait ................

I saw some (Parkland) kids on Mike Wallace (FOX) this morning & all they talked about was assault weapons, we wanna take them away, one guy said, "my dad is a cop; sure cops should have weapons but not other people"

I'm like GO **** yourself kid ........... first they take an inch then they want your whole penis ...................

Oh for Christ sake. No one is going to take away our guns. That would be logistically impossible and unconstitutional.

That said, some reforms are necessary. Perhaps it will take a decade. But sensible reforms will indeed be coming.

Oh for Christ sake. No one is going to take away our guns. That would be logistically impossible and unconstitutional.

That said, some reforms are necessary. Perhaps it will take a decade. But sensible reforms will indeed be coming.

IMO what would make more sense is this: the dumbass people in society that use firearms for puposes OTHER than what firearms are designed for, LET US reform their asses.

IMO what would make more sense is this: the dumbass people in society that use firearms for puposes OTHER than what firearms are designed for, LET US reform their asses.

Well you can remain in your cozy and confined NRA cocoon. I myself support the 2nd, and I also support sensible gun reforms.

What?

Has the earth slipped its axis?

An American gun owner with an absolutely sane and supportable argument about guns!

Now if there were another 100 million of you....

the 2nd amendment has been infringed upon more than the institution of marriage by folks that have been married more than one ****ing time

your support of sensible gun reform is likely analogous to saying Nixon was a complete **** wit of a politician so, let's ban all Republicans

huh................................ wait ................

I am supporting Rogue Valley here....

The extreme left or whatever it is that has gone too far the other way doesn't help in achieving agreement. A "sensible" approach is EXACTLY what is needed.

Well you can remain in your cozy and confined NRA cocoon. I myself support the 2nd, and I also support sensible gun reforms.

well, you obviously believe in the concept of allowing the minority (of crazies that kill with guns) to determine the fate of the majority (of law abiding) firearms owners.

that is just sad .................

the rule of the minority over the majority is just ****ed up ................. look at history ...............

I am supporting Rogue Valley here....

The extreme left or whatever it is that has gone too far the other way doesn't help in achieving agreement. A "sensible" approach is EXACTLY what is needed.

what is sensible is the fact that TENS of MILLIONS of firearms owners in teh US have no problem with LEGALLY owning & using firearms.

what is NOT sensible is the fact that a very few warped & sick morons make the bad choice to use firearms for what firearms are NOT supposed to be used for.

keep going down the slippery slope we have been on for years; the only folks with firearms worth having will be your average criminals, and you can bet there will be more of them .....

What the heck is sensible gun reform ?
What exactly is sensible gun control?!?

Are you saying we presently don't have sensible gun laws?

Back
Top Bottom