• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka's Bull**** Feminism

Gotta love the spin you're showing here. Every expert on the planet says that a woman that is being abused should get out of the situation asap if not sooner. Yet now in your bid to make conservatives the party of evil are claiming that when a conservative tells a woman to get out of an abusive situation they're "blaming the victim". Disgusting.

See post #21. This thread.

I saw plenty of other women doing the exact same thing on International Women's Day. For example, Ciara (a singer) was advertising International Women's Day shirts.

And I thought feminism was for everyone. Are rich white women not included in that somehow? So does that also apply to all the rich white actresses like Scarlett Johansson, and politicians like Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton?

Do they tell women to suck it up when sexually harassed?

For the left, it's only considered "misogynistic" if you berate political allies. ;) Enemies are free game. :roll:

It's all about the hypocrisy with libs.

Sometimes the hypocrisy is subtle, and sometimes it's a claxon sounded in auditorium. This one is still echoing in the auditorium.

All that you did in that post was double down on the stupid argument.

If you want to address sexual harassment issues by shifting the responsibility on to women for not being able to avoid being sexually harassed... well, that's on you.
I have seen quite enough of that dumb-assed "conservative" argument for a lifetime.

If she survives---in other words, if he does not kill her---she gets half the assets. Do you support a sexually harassed employee getting a pay out?

Surely that's how we should confront crime from now on...
Blaming the victim has a long tradition in Conservative circles.

At least you show consistency.

Should a woman getting abused by her husband do nothing then? Do you two have any idea how stupid you sound right now?

If you want to address sexual harassment issues by shifting the responsibility on to women for not being able to avoid being sexually harassed... well, that's on you.
I have seen quite enough of that dumb-assed "conservative" argument for a lifetime.

Should people stay in bad situations? If you think telling a woman to stay in a bad situation is good advice then I question if I should even be talking to you.

Should a woman getting abused by her husband do nothing then? Do you two have any idea how stupid you sound right now?

Stay with us, little fella. This discussion isn't about domestic abuse.

You are the one who introduced Ivanka's statement about sexual harassment into this thread in the first place.
You aren't going to be able to deflect by moving the goalpost again.

Who said that any responsibility is on the woman for not being able to avoid being sexually harassed? No one. But you sure are trying to claim that is what is being said in your partisan claptrap.

Stay with us, little fella. This discussion isn't about domestic abuse.

You are the one who introduced Ivanka's statement about sexual harassment into this thread in the first place.
You aren't going to be able to deflect by moving the goalpost again.

Are you suggesting that women should leave some bad situations but not others?

Holy Cow Batman, I'd think the left would hide their misogynistic bigotry much better than this.

Silly, ocean, didn't you know that Republican women aren't real women, or even people?!

Her success as a woman in business, regardless of her customer base or product/service offered, is applicable to feminism. To say that only certain women (based on their politics?) are good role models is a bit much. It is certainly true that high end consumer goods are targeted to high end customers but that in no way makes it a mens only (or evil) business endeavor. I seriously doubt that her customers feel the least bit exploited by being offered her products.

And not only that, Ivanka was one of many other women to doing the exact same thing on International Women's Day. I find it hypocritical to complain about Ivanka selling products for the occasion, and not have a problem with the other women doing the same.

I saw plenty of other women doing the exact same thing on International Women's Day. For example, Ciara (a singer) was advertising International Women's Day shirts.

And I thought feminism was for everyone. Are rich white women not included in that somehow? So does that also apply to all the rich white actresses like Scarlett Johansson, and politicians like Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton?

Feminism is only for liberals, silly.

Are you suggesting that women should leave some bad situations but not others?

Why should a woman have to leave a good job because she is being sexually harassed at work?
This is exactly the dumb-assed "conservative logic" I was referring to above.

Why should a woman have to leave a good job because she is being sexually harassed at work?

Why would she stay in an environment where she is being sexually harassed? Who in the hell tells someone to stay in a bad situation?

:roll:
Puts the responsibility on the victim for stopping the aggression.
Next.

What is it with libs and mischaracterizations? Are leftists really that devoid of critical thinking skills (rhetorical question)?

Okay, since leaving the scene of an abusive situation is apparently unacceptable for libs, why don't you give us a step by step description of what a woman in an abusive situation should do. Let's pick it up from step 2, since removing herself from said abusive situation is obviously verboten in the mind of a liberal.

Liberal procedure for abused women:

Step 1: Do not, under any circumstance, remove yourself from an abusive situation. Stay put, and shelter in place.

Step 2:

Why would she stay in an environment where she is being sexually harassed? Who in the hell tells someone to stay in a bad situation?

Take a step back and examine the idiocy that you are suggesting here.

A woman is being harassed by a supervisor at work.
Instead of placing the blame on the perpetrator of the crime, you are saying it's the woman's responsibility to quit her job.

That's your prescription for sexual harassment in our society?!

Take a step back and examine the idiocy that you are suggesting here.

A woman is being harassed by a supervisor at work.
Instead of placing the blame on the perpetrator of the crime, you are saying it's the woman's responsibility to quit her job.

That's your prescription for sexual harassment in our society?!

Who said anything about letting anyone off the hook?

Why would a woman want to stay in an environment of abuse? If she is truly being sexually harassed (and that's a huge IF in the mind of a lib), then she should get out of the abusive situation, sue the pants off the abuser, and find a better place to work.

Why isn't the ****wit harasser fired?

Who said he/she isn't? What is wrong with removing one's self from a potentially dangerous situation until further action can be taken?

What is it with libs and mischaracterizations? Are leftists really that devoid of critical thinking skills (rhetorical question)?

Okay, since leaving the scene of an abusive situation is apparently unacceptable for libs, why don't you give us a step by step description of what a woman in an abusive situation should do. Let's pick it up from step 2, since removing herself from said abusive situation is obviously verboten in the mind of a liberal.

Liberal procedure for abused women:

Step 1: Do not, under any circumstance, remove yourself from an abusive situation. Stay put, and shelter in place.

Step 2:

First of all... you need to read the thread to understand the actual argument before you pop in with such utter nonsense. You and other "conservatives" here are conflating terms to employ a strawman strategy.

We aren't discussing general situations of "abuse". We are talking about sexual harassment in the workplace. Can't you get your head around that term?

The woman should report the sexual harassment to another supervisor, and then seek legal help. If there isn't another supervisor, she should get an attorney and bring charges against the perpetrator.

You think an attorney would tell her that simply leaving her job was the answer? Is that the conservative dream for gender equality? If women are harassed, they should just move along?

Back
Top Bottom