• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Wasn’t Comey’s Decision to Exonerate Hillary – It Was Obama’s

I find it interesting that when the Bush WH fired a bunch of US attorney's in order to by-pass senate confirmations, and mysteriously "lost" twenty million emails, right-wingers were completely silent about the matter. Then the Bush WH lied, misled, and "lost" further emails. They were no indictments, no FBI investigation, no punishment whatsoever.

Not one right-winger gave a **** about that scandal, but when a minor scandal broke out about Clinton, suddenly they became concerned about the same laws the Bush WH broke years before hand, and they began chanting "lock her up" at their dumb rallies.

I'm not fan of Clinton at all, but these are simply the same political games the right-wing has played for years, and because Comey wouldn't indict Clinton simply to please them, they want him thrown under a bus and be ruined. It's just sickening to watch them act like justice is determined by mob rule in this country, and that investigations must have the outcomes they desire, or else they'll ruin the authorities that don't play along.

No one really cares about email mismanagement. It's the most absurd scandal in American history. The idea that anyone would go to prison for email mismanagement is laughable.

Intent is a major factor in all crimes. Mismanaging email doesn't involve any criminal intent. Hillary Clinton was simply careless with her email security. That's it. That's the scandal.

But Trump making secret deals with Russia, our geopolitical foe, is no big deal to these same people. Trump stealing money from kids with cancer is no big deal. Trump running a scam university is no big deal. Trump obstructing justice is no big deal. Trump lying repeatedly is no big deal.

No one really cares about email mismanagement. It's the most absurd scandal in American history. The idea that anyone would go to prison for email mismanagement is laughable.

Intent is a major factor in all crimes. Mismanaging email doesn't involve any criminal intent. Hillary Clinton was simply careless with her email security. That's it. That's the scandal.

But Trump making secret deals with Russia, our geopolitical foe, is no big deal to these same people. Trump stealing money from kids with cancer is no big deal. Trump running a scam university is no big deal. Trump obstructing justice is no big deal. Trump lying repeatedly is no big deal.

You are a perfect example of the typical corrupt leftist that ****s themselves over TRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!! but can't seem to manage to find any poutrage over actions of leftists. You are every bit the hypocrite you and others bitch about. You have LOTS of company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The imaginary intent standard is probably the best I've seen it reference in a good while.

Though I do not really see more of Obama in this then Comey's, it would not surprise me to learn that he did have a hand in. Berry did love his back room dealings a bit more then any other president that I have ever seen.

"imaginary intent standard" indeed. An invented escape clause just for Hillary. This entire episode of US politics reeks of corruption to the nth degree and to the highest levels of government, and all Democrat.

You know it's funny. Leftists seem to be really excited about a special counsel digging in to find SOMETHING...ANYTHING...they can use against Trump re obstruction of justice. Yet when you have been presented with some obviously hinkey stuff regarding something that was admittedly a crime compounded with the involvement of secret meetings between the AG and Bill, a letter drafted BEFORE an investigation, etc. your immediate response is to defend to left at all costs. Shocking.

Indeed. The hypocrisy and double standard reeks.

Comey didn't rewrite the law, verbally or otherwise.

Neither Judge James Boasberg or Judge Amit Mehta said the FBI investigation wasn't done correctly.

It seems your entire premise is based on a lie. So what else is new?

When you have to reword the something to get around what should be a straightforward trial "which is what Comey did" then that is what many people would consider trying to rewrite the law. The law does not cover lack of intent, it covers whether or not the person did the action, which Hillary obviously did.

The reason we have multiple degrees of manslaughter is because it specifies intent as a separating prospect. Inserting that into a law that did now allow for it in the first place, justifies us claiming what he did as unjust.

The judges are calling for more information to be revealed, in the least I would consider that an act of questioning what Comey came forward in doing. Which they are both justified in doing as well, and they fact they are being fought on it should say something.

"imaginary intent standard" indeed. An invented escape clause just for Hillary. This entire episode of US politics reeks of corruption to the nth degree and to the highest levels of government, and all Democrat.

I know, its the exact same usual crap that I have gotten tired of in the last year.

But to be honest, this is the Clinton family we are talking about here, and they are the golden child of 2016 for some reason. It doesn't really matter though, because when all of this idiocy is done, and all of the stuff with Trump has passed. Something is going to come out that either proves the Clinton's never handed over everything, or Comey was on the take from one or more political powers.

Either of those would a more than probable guess.
I just think its funny how people even remotely on the left just ignore all of this, in favor of screaming at Trump. I know he is already guilty of something, it may not be illegal, but he is guilty of something.

Just how they can ignore all of this is beyond me.

When you have to reword the something to get around what should be a straightforward trial "which is what Comey did" then that is what many people would consider trying to rewrite the law. The law does not cover lack of intent, it covers whether or not the person did the action, which Hillary obviously did.

The reason we have multiple degrees of manslaughter is because it specifies intent as a separating prospect. Inserting that into a law that did now allow for it in the first place, justifies us claiming what he did as unjust.

The judges are calling for more information to be revealed, in the least I would consider that an act of questioning what Comey came forward in doing. Which they are both justified in doing as well, and they fact they are being fought on it should say something.

I'm not a lawyer, but even I can see that you are severely misinformed about criminal law and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm not a lawyer, but even I can see that you are severely misinformed about criminal law and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Well, like you said.

Your not a lawyer.

Well, like you said.

Your not a lawyer.

I know enough to know that you're full of beans and don't have a clue about the law.

I know enough to know that you're full of beans and don't have a clue about the law.

But you already admitted you don't. Though I have access to the internet, and am willing to look for answers if I must.

You really don't know how this works do you?

I know, its the exact same usual crap that I have gotten tired of in the last year.

But to be honest, this is the Clinton family we are talking about here, and they are the golden child of 2016 for some reason. It doesn't really matter though, because when all of this idiocy is done, and all of the stuff with Trump has passed. Something is going to come out that either proves the Clinton's never handed over everything, or Comey was on the take from one or more political powers.

Either of those would a more than probable guess.
I just think its funny how people even remotely on the left just ignore all of this, in favor of screaming at Trump. I know he is already guilty of something, it may not be illegal, but he is guilty of something.

Just how they can ignore all of this is beyond me.

Seems almost programmed, to be able to ignore all of this, doesn't it?

Seems almost programmed, to be able to ignore all of this, doesn't it?

"Do not look behind that curtain"

"Ignore the cackling woman in the pantsuit"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman.. Lewinsky.. But I am wearing her underwear"

The news appears in a letter written to new FBI Director Christopher Wray by two senior Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans, Chairman Chuck Grassley and Senator Lindsey Graham. Pundits and the Trump administration are shrieking because this indicates the decision to give the Democrats’ nominee a pass was clearly made long before the investigation was over, and even long before key witnesses, including Clinton herself, were interviewed.

In his April 10 comments, Obama made the obvious explicit: He did not want the certain Democratic nominee, the candidate he was backing to succeed him, to be indicted.

Bottom line: In April, President Obama and his Justice Department adopted a Hillary Clinton defense strategy of concocting a crime no one was claiming Clinton had committed: to wit, transmitting classified information with an intent to harm the United States. With media-Democrat complex help, they peddled the narrative that she could not be convicted absent this “malicious intent,” in a desperate effort to make the publicly known evidence seem weak. Meanwhile, they quietly hamstrung FBI case investigators in order to frustrate the evidence-gathering process. When damning proof nevertheless mounted, the Obama administration dismissed the whole debacle by rewriting the statute (to impose an imaginary intent standard) and by offering absurd rationalizations for not applying the statute as written. That plan was in place and already being implemented when Director Comey began drafting the “findings” he would announce months later. But it was not Comey’s plan. It was Obama’s plan.

Not Comey?s Decision Exonerate Hillary Obama?s Decision | National Review

Now this is obstruction of justice.

I've always said this Obama-Hillary thing was fixed from the beginning, and there really is no use for federal Justice Department anymore. It's just one more gaggle of bureaucrats sworn to uphold the power of the political elites.

LOL! Unhinged lunacy comedy gold!

I know, but for some reason it doesn't seem that far fetched.

I mean Trump is by no means a handsome man but Hillary... that smile (shudders)

I've always said this Obama-Hillary thing was fixed from the beginning, and there really is no use for federal Justice Department anymore. It's just one more gaggle of bureaucrats sworn to uphold the power of the political elites.

Wow, grace us more with your sage wisdom.

The entire NR article is based on pointless hypotheticals. Dismissed due to lack of evidence.

You know it's funny. Leftists seem to be really excited about a special counsel digging in to find SOMETHING...ANYTHING...they can use against Trump re obstruction of justice. Yet when you have been presented with some obviously hinkey stuff regarding something that was admittedly a crime compounded with the involvement of secret meetings between the AG and Bill, a letter drafted BEFORE an investigation, etc. your immediate response is to defend to left at all costs. Shocking.

I think most people are more concerned that the Trump campaign - specifically Manafort or Kushner or (I should really say AND) Flynn - coordinated an effort to suppress votes for Hillary by using Russia and their cyber attacks, funnel them through Wikileaks and distribute them to a widespread network of fake news sites and social media. What they wound up with was very little, because it turned out that Hillary and Podesta weren't very interesting, but even if it didn't change the election results, they committed a crime worse than Watergate.

It probably didn't happen. But I can't explain why Trump's closest people lied about their ties to and meetings with Russia so much. I'm not saying there was collusion, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people even in Trump's camp believe there was. Otherwise, why lie? Again, and again, and again.

If Mueller finds that Trump did nothing wrong, liberals will accept it. They'll be furious for about a week and then let it go. And that's what they should do. So far, this process has been done properly no matter how many times the words "witch hunt" appear on our President's twitter feed.

As to "you're worse than we are," that's what makes me sick as an American witnessing our Democratic process. If your standard of morality is "not as bad as the people I hate," you need to change the way you think or you're going to be one angry old man.

Nor did I say I was, but thanks anyway captain obvious.

I did not go through obvious training just to be called "captain," thank you very much

Posting lots of words about "leftists" does not an argument make.

I think most people are more concerned that the Trump campaign - specifically Manafort or Kushner or (I should really say AND) Flynn - coordinated an effort to suppress votes for Hillary by using Russia and their cyber attacks, funnel them through Wikileaks and distribute them to a widespread network of fake news sites and social media. What they wound up with was very little, because it turned out that Hillary and Podesta weren't very interesting, but even if it didn't change the election results, they committed a crime worse than Watergate.

It probably didn't happen. But I can't explain why Trump's closest people lied about their ties to and meetings with Russia so much. I'm not saying there was collusion, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people even in Trump's camp believe there was. Otherwise, why lie? Again, and again, and again.

If Mueller finds that Trump did nothing wrong, liberals will accept it. They'll be furious for about a week and then let it go. And that's what they should do. So far, this process has been done properly no matter how many times the words "witch hunt" appear on our President's twitter feed.

As to "you're worse than we are," that's what makes me sick as an American witnessing our Democratic process. If your standard of morality is "not as bad as the people I hate," you need to change the way you think or you're going to be one angry old man.
Some liberals will accept. The mindless leftists wont.

Posting lots of words about "leftists" does not an argument make.
The mindless actions of leftists make the argument. Im just pointing it out.

Back
Top Bottom