• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Promotes Islamic Terrorism....again

I demonstrated that we celebrate a terrorist act.

The point is that thing far above your head.

Nice little alternate universe you inhabit, but no one besides you considers the Boston Tea Party to be a terrorist attack. So any 'point' you think you've made would be beyond most people's grasp.

Nice little alternate universe you inhabit, but no one besides you considers the Boston Tea Party to be a terrorist attack. So any 'point' you think you've made would be beyond most people's grasp.

Have you read and do you understand the definition of a terrorist attack?

Obviously not.

lol. As opposed to the Palestinians who glorify folks whose only "contribution" to any sort of cause is the murder of civilians.

This was not a terrorist attack. it was an attack against the military headquarters of the British who had betrayed their mandate and instead of facilitating a Jewish national home were both undermining it and systematically working to reduce the Jews' ability to defend themselves.

And yes, even then the British were warned. Something that the folks who you don't seem to mind so much on the Palestinian side wouldn't have ever done because the murder of civilians is the explicit object of the actions for which they have been lionized.

This thread is not in I/P for a reason: the OP has nothing to do with the Palestinians. Do not mention them again.

This thread is not in I/P for a reason: the OP has nothing to do with the Palestinians. Do not mention them again.

All else aside, the thread is in I/P. Oh, I see, it's in ME. My mistake.

Have you read and do you understand the definition of a terrorist attack?

Obviously not.

By every accepted definition of 'terrorist attack', the Boston Tea Party does not fit the criteria. You aren't even using the terminology correctly.

Political protests involving destruction of property are NOT considered to be terrorist attacks in the country where you reside.

By every accepted definition of 'terrorist attack', the Boston Tea Party does not fit the criteria. You aren't even using the terminology correctly.

Political protests involving destruction of property are NOT considered to be terrorist attacks in the country where you reside.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: terrorism

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"

Was it unlawful?

Was it intimidation?

Was it in the pursuit of political aims?

Yes

Yes

Yes

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"

Was it unlawful?

Was it intimidation?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Was it violent?

"No one died during the Boston Tea Party. There was no violence and no confrontation between the Patriots, the Tories and the British soldiers garrisoned in Boston. No members of the crews of the Beaver, Dartmouth, or Eleanor were harmed."

No.

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/boston-tea-party-facts

Who did it intimidate? The King of England, who was at that time... THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD? Really mouse, did King George III feel 'intimidated' by some tea being chucked in the harbor, or are you grasping at straws?

The Irgun group did not represent all of Israelis and was violently opposed by other Israeli groups. No one I knew in the last year that I lived in Israel celebrated the act.

Was it violent?

"No one died during the Boston Tea Party. There was no violence and no confrontation between the Patriots, the Tories and the British soldiers garrisoned in Boston. No members of the crews of the Beaver, Dartmouth, or Eleanor were harmed."

No.

Who did it intimidate? The King of England, who was at that time... THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD? Really mouse, did King George III feel 'intimidated' by some tea being chucked in the harbor, or are you grasping at straws?

When is violence or casualties REQUIRED to be a terrorist attack?

Was it violent?

No.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

"the fight against terrorism
"

Was it unlawful?

Was it intimidation?

Yes

Yes

Yes

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

"the fight against terrorism
"

Was it unlawful?

Was it intimidation?

Yes

Yes

Yes

You and King George part 3 are the only two people who have ever considered the Boston Tea Party to be terrorism. Strange people you've chosen to ally yourself with: a pompous British king, and Israeli terrorists. It's too bad Israeli terrorists didn't do the Boston Tea Party, because if they had, you'd blame England for it :lamo :lamo :lamo

The Irgun group did not represent all of Israelis and was violently opposed by other Israeli groups. No one I knew in the last year that I lived in Israel celebrated the act.

Why did the IDF accept fighters from Irgun to join?

When is violence or casualties REQUIRED to be a terrorist attack?

You are just weird.

You think the Boston Tea Party was a terrorist attack, while also thinking the King David Hotel bombing wasn't one, and was somehow the fault of the British.

Weird.

lol. As opposed to the Palestinians who glorify folks whose only "contribution" to any sort of cause is the murder of civilians.

This was not a terrorist attack. it was an attack against the military headquarters of the British who had betrayed their mandate and instead of facilitating a Jewish national home were both undermining it and systematically working to reduce the Jews' ability to defend themselves.

And yes, even then the British were warned. Something that the folks who you don't seem to mind so much on the Palestinian side wouldn't have ever done because the murder of civilians is the explicit object of the actions for which they have been lionized.

Actually.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(militant_group)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunting_Season

"Lehi split from the Irgun militant group in 1940 in order to continue fighting the British during World War II. Lehi initially sought an alliance with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, offering to fight alongside them against the British in return for the transfer of all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine.[2] Believing that Nazi Germany was a lesser enemy of the Jews than Britain, Lehi twice attempted to form an alliance with the Nazis.[2] During World War II, it declared that it would establish a Jewish state based upon "nationalist and totalitarian principles".[2][19] After Stern's death in 1942, the new leadership of Lehi began to move it towards support for Joseph Stalin's Soviet Union.[1] In 1944, Lehi officially declared its support for National Bolshevism.[6] It said that its National Bolshevism involved an amalgamation of left-wing and right-wing political elements – Stern said Lehi incorporated elements of both the left and the right[2] – however this change was unpopular and Lehi began to lose support as a result.[20]

Lehi and the Irgun were jointly responsible for the massacre in Deir Yassin. Lehi assassinated Lord Moyne, British Minister Resident in the Middle East, and made many other attacks on the British in Palestine.[21] On 29 May 1948, the government of Israel, having inducted its activist members into the Israel Defense Forces, formally disbanded Lehi, though some of its members carried out one more terrorist act, the assassination of Folke Bernadotte some months later,[22] an act condemned by Bernadotte's replacement as mediator, Ralph Bunche.[23] After the assassination, the new Israeli government declared Lehi a terrorist organization, arresting and convicting some 200 members.[24] Just before the first Israeli elections,[24] a general amnesty to Lehi members was granted by the government, on 14 February 1949. In 1980, Israel instituted a military decoration, an "award for activity in the struggle for the establishment of Israel", the Lehi ribbon.[25] Former Lehi leader Yitzhak Shamir became Prime Minister of Israel in 1983."

Pointing out the obvious double standard ties directly into the purposeful mischaracterization of the attack on the british hq. It also is a much better observed comparator than the boston tea party, since morally and factually it is a much more obvious, systematic and brutal set of terrorist activities than what you are trying to argue about.

But sorry to burst your bubble pointing out the obvious massive gaping hole in your position, world view and moral compass. I know anti-Israel propagandists hate to have their bubbles burst with facts and reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pointing out the obvious double standard ties directly into the purposeful mischaracterization of the attack on the british hq. It also is a much better observed comparator than the boston tea party, since morally and factually it is a much more obvious, systematic and brutal set of terrorist activities than what you are trying to argue about.

But sorry to burst your bubble pointing out the obvious massive gaping hole in your position, world view and moral compass. I know anti-Israel propagandists hate to have their bubbles burst with facts and reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You recognized the ridiculousness of Fledermaus' argument, and decided to nudge the conversation away from his questionable characterization of early American patriots as 'terrorists'. I understand the motivation behind that part of your comment, but then you attempted to direct focus to Israel's favorite whipping boy, the Palestinians. I'm informing you that it is against the rules of the ME forum to discuss I/P relations outside of the sub forum dedicated to that topic.
---------------------

Back to the subject of the King David Hotel Bombing, I'm not surprised that people who so often blame the victims for being victimized (Palestinians), would also blame the British for the Irgun's terrorist attack against them. So you and Fledermaus are at least consistent in one regard, which is your absolute refusal to ever appropriately lay responsibility for any wrongdoing on Israel or the early builders of Israel.

Not only do you blame the victims of the bombing (British), but you incorrectly framed the motive of the bombing in such a way as to further blame the victims! The Irgun blew up the west wing of the hotel in order to try to destroy incriminating documents that were seized from the Haganah's offices.

That's right- Israel's early 'heroes' (as Netanyahu sees them) murdered 91 people in order to cover up their own terrorist activities at the time. The bombing was not a freedom fighting mission, it was simply done to destroy paperwork, and whichever humans were destroyed along the way were inconsequential.
THESE are the types of people you support, so don't ever pretend like your moral compass is superior to anyone else's.

Back
Top Bottom