• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump mentally ill?

President Trump is a stable genius. The Democrats keep falling into his traps and that infuriates them.

The desperation from this thread (and from Democrats in general) is very shall I say off putting. How many bogus investigations, shameful Supreme Court judicial hearings, weak media attacks (ex; Trump received 1 extra scoop of ice cream) and now we're pushing a "Trump is mentally unstable" agenda to try to sway the ignorant and uniformed masses? It all just seems pathetic at this stage.

Joe Biden just told a black man on national TV that he is not black .... and you fools are posting about Trumps mental competence?

Yep. He's the sleazy salesman that most of us don't like or trust. But he won fairly and I always hope he does a good job, somehow.

Won, almost 4 years ago, old news.

Current news: chaotic failure as a leader. A man that is responsible for taking a properous nation he inherited to disaster. Mirroring his failed business career.

1. Growing economy from Obama

2. A couple good years riding the wave.

3. Look out, after easy street for 3 years a crisis

4. Virus- pandemic- crisis- economic disaster

5. Failed President

Because social ineptitude is different than thinking you should be king of the world?

I know lots of folks who insist on hugging you. I personally don't care for it, but I don't feel like its nefarious in some way.

Biden isn't my first or even second choice.

But I'd vote for a slime mold over trump.

It couldn't possibly do more harm.

You know, like our massive viral outbreak.

Trump caused our viral outbreak, and the outbreaks all over the world? That would be quite impressive.

Under President Trump we enjoyed a 51 year record low for unemployment (which included just about every demographic). Our stock market rose over 10,000 points and we experienced wage growth which was missing during the previous administration. Under Trump we have a voided war, move our embassy to Israels capital of Jerusalem and opened up diplomatic relations with North Korea which were frozen for 70 years. That led to the release of Americans being held in North Korea as well as the remains of American soldiers killed in the Korean War, We also achieved legislative tax reform (only JFK and Regan previously achieved this). All of this while bogus Russia investigations and pathetic impeachment hearings are on the Democrats forefront. Remember, under trump no Constitutional Rights have been taken away from our citizens and the leftist controlled media has been completely free to pedal their lies.

#TRUMP2020

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "mentally ill", but my mother has dementia. I recognize a bit of that in both Trump and Biden. Hope they take their medication.

There is no medication for dementia, by the way. Whether Trump and Biden have it, I don't know. Lots of old people have it, and that's one reason we have so much age discrimination.

President Trump is a stable genius. The Democrats keep falling into his traps and that infuriates them.

The desperation from this thread (and from Democrats in general) is very shall I say off putting. How many bogus investigations, shameful Supreme Court judicial hearings, weak media attacks (ex; Trump received 1 extra scoop of ice cream) and now we're pushing a "Trump is mentally unstable" agenda to try to sway the ignorant and uniformed masses? It all just seems pathetic at this stage.

Joe Biden just told a black man on national TV that he is not black .... and you fools are posting about Trumps mental competence?

Sorry Chuck, a trumpian started this foolish post concerning the psychotic in chief.

As for telling a black man he's not black, well could have been the lighting

Oh, I forgot to mention all of the awesome trade deals we secured under President Trump. You know, deals with Mexico, Canada, Europe, Japan and even China.

#KEEPAMERICAGREAT

Trump caused our viral outbreak, and the outbreaks all over the world? That would be quite impressive.

No, trump is responsible for the extent of our outbreak.

He sat on his hands for weeks because he didn't like the numbers going up and evidently thought if he ignored it it would just go away.

And he just failed a pandemic response drill months before we had an actual pandemic. Was warned repeatedly that this was s etious by those who's job it is to make those calls.

He didn't create the virus. He just fiddled while the country caught fire.

And now he just talks **** about the "firemen" trying to put out the fire he let get out of control.

And y'all sing the chorus.

Won, almost 4 years ago, old news.

Current news: chaotic failure as a leader. A man that is responsible for taking a properous nation he inherited to disaster. Mirroring his failed business career.

1. Growing economy from Obama

2. A couple good years riding the wave.

3. Look out, after easy street for 3 years a crisis

4. Virus- pandemic- crisis- economic disaster

5. Failed President

You Democrats really think Trump caused the pandemic? Did he cause it all over the world???? It's worse in Belgium -- did he go over there and spray the virus around?

Trump is just in way over his head.

So he's faking it for everything he's worth, terrified that the world will discover that he doesn't know what he's doing.

You Democrats really think Trump caused the pandemic? Did he cause it all over the world???? It's worse in Belgium -- did he go over there and spray the virus around?

No, Belgium just has suckier leadership.

You can choose to prepare for a pandemic or you can choose not to.

But you don't get to blame the results of you failure to prepare on anybody else.

If you always got along beautifully with that person, then they didn't have a personality disorder. You diagnosed them because the relationship changed and stopped being beautiful.

Remember that EVERYONE turns vicious when they feel threatened. That viciousness can be interpreted as mental illness or personality disorder.

Obviously you haven't read the article from the link. Trust me, I studied this mental disorder for three years, baffled by it in the beginning, understanding it at the end.

Find us a successful politician who isn't.

we haven't had a president who even approaches King Tangface's level of malignant narcissism in my lifetime.

No, Belgium just has suckier leadership.

You can choose to prepare for a pandemic or you can choose not to.

But you don't get to blame the results of you failure to prepare on anybody else.

Governor Cuomo of NY delayed the lockdown also. But Democrats are worshiping him now. No one could have been sure at the beginning. Some guessed right, most did not.

Obviously you haven't read the article from the link. Trust me, I studied this mental disorder for three years, baffled by it in the beginning, understanding it at the end.

I have read a lot of articles about NPD. I think it's mostly a matter of social context.

I have read a lot of articles about NPD. I think it's mostly a matter of social context.

Can you please explain what you mean by 'it's mostly a matter of social context' because this is a legitimate mental disorder identified by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V). NPD is one of several personality disorders defined as a mental illness associated with a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration and lack of empathy. People that aren't familiar with NPD may associate it with someone that's merely being arrogant, cocky and manipulative. Yes, these are symptoms of NPD but not everyone with those characteristics have NPD.

Can you please explain what you mean by 'it's mostly a matter of social context' because this is a legitimate mental disorder identified by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V). NPD is one of several personality disorders defined as a mental illness associated with a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration and lack of empathy. People that aren't familiar with NPD may associate it with someone that's merely being arrogant, cocky and manipulative. Yes, these are symptoms of NPD but not everyone with those characteristics have NPD.

Good Luck trying to explain this to a deplorable.

Governor Cuomo of NY delayed the lockdown also. But Democrats are worshiping him now. No one could have been sure at the beginning. Some guessed right, most did not.

Cuomo was a week late in his lock down, no doubt. Sending Covid patients to nursing homes would not be done again either BUT the guy has been magnificent in his response. Calculated, disciplined, consistent, compassionate, structured, organized...

If he were President instead of just a Governor we would be in much better shape as a country.

Trump is happiest when everyone is talking about Him. I have nothing to say.

I said I have read a lot about NPD. It never made a lot of sense to me. It's basically an extreme lack of empathy. Some people naturally have lots of empathy, others have very little, most are in between. But empathy is not entirely inborn, and we have the ability to turn it off and on.

If we find ourselves in a hostile environment -- let's say surrounded by enemies during a war -- we can turn off our natural empathy, so we don't mind killing other human beings. If we are a parent taking care of a baby, empathy gets turned up high.

So you have the inborn variation, and you have the social context. Someone who "has" "NPD" may have low natural empathy, plus a social context where it's turned even lower.

Growing up in a hostile environment could inhibit empathy, I guess, but not necessarily. Maybe it could even increase empathy.

None of this is well understood. Just because someone is a mental health professional, or just because something's in the DSM, don't assume it's a hard fact.

Trump has been a badass businessman all his life, always pushing and shoving and trying to get his way. Nothing pathological about that, however much you may dislike that kind of person. And now as president he is constantly attacked and demonized, and diagnosed, by the MSM.

Trump's supporters don't experience him as narcissistic or low empathy. Just the opposite -- they feel there is finally a politician who understands them and cares about them.

So I believe it's part nature and part social context. And I think we can ignore the DSM.

Cuomo was a week late in his lock down, no doubt. Sending Covid patients to nursing homes would not be done again either BUT the guy has been magnificent in his response. Calculated, disciplined, consistent, compassionate, structured, organized...

If he were President instead of just a Governor we would be in much better shape as a country.

Trump agreed with the medical experts that the whole country had to be locked down. How do you manage to find fault with that?

Trump blabs and tweets whatever comes into his obnoxious mind. But his procedures for the pandemic have been as sensible as anyone's. Explain why you don't think so. Try to ignore superficial personality traits.

That's how you choose to frame it. He also appealed to their patriotism.

Patriots don’t demonize Syrian refugees, Central American asylum seekers, and black Americans. They don’t insult women’s looks. They don’t suggest torture and war crimes and pardon those who commit them.

Patriots don’t demonize Syrian refugees, Central American asylum seekers, and black Americans. They don’t insult women’s looks. They don’t suggest torture and war crimes and pardon those who commit them.

Explain exactly how Trump demonized black Americans.

Back
Top Bottom