• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the eclipse on April 8 a warning or an omen from God that there will be negative consequences either in the present or the future?

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
At least some seem to think so:

is 'april 8 and the 2025 apocalypse'

basically 2 years on the menu, your choice. for 2025 there are even more serious things on the agenda and some are man made and currently in motion.

now we have april 8 and 2025 apocalypse;

april 8 may point to 2025 of which many will not make it thru; more later

Revelation has been going on and on about the potential of April 8 as something beyond just a few seconds of the sun being blotted out by the moon, but also as an omen or a warning or a sign from God of an overall negative event or events as a result.
I may get dinged for this, but I have to give the facts. Revelation has basically been hijacking every thread in this forum for over a month by inserting his April 8 theories and thereby trolling the other chatters to move off topic and into his little April 8 rabbit hole instead. As such. I am beginning this thread so that all discussion related to April 8 can be done here and thereby allow all the other threads to remain on their particular topic. BTW, he is not the only one making these predictions. I will later show that it has become quite a fad across some of the Christian cults.
Anyway,have at it folks. Is Revelation correct that April 8 is more than just an eclipse, but should also be considered as some sort of message from the Divine?

Revelation has been going on and on about the potential of April 8 as something beyond just a few seconds of the sun being blotted out by the moon, but also as an omen or a warning or a sign from God of an overall negative event or events as a result.
I may get dinged for this, but I have to give the facts. Revelation has basically been hijacking every thread in this forum for over a month by inserting his April 8 theories and thereby trolling the other chatters to move off topic and into his little April 8 rabbit hole instead. As such. I am beginning this thread so that all discussion related to April 8 can be done here and thereby allow all the other threads to remain on their particular topic. BTW, he is not the only one making these predictions. I will later show that it has become quite a fad across some of the Christian cults.
Anyway,have at it folks. Is Revelation correct that April 8 is more than just an eclipse, but should also be considered as some sort of message from the Divine?
Stupid religious bullshit. He loves his comics. Be afraid, be very afraid. Ridiculous.

and when something does happen, do we get to list ALL the denunciations of me you make regarding the Eclipse?

it will take a few posts because there is a Word Limit.

This is in response to my post calling his predictions about April 8 to be “The Scam of the Year”.
So what he is now saying above is actually supporting my claim because his clear intention is to do a Gish Gallop of the famine, war, and disease which is a common thread of humanity and claim much of it has a direct relationship to the eclipse. He is issuing poker table “tells” lest and right.

I already met with Jesus the other week and we negotiated putting off the Rapture until no sooner than the week of April 22. On my part, I have a wedding to attend the prior week which takes priority, and Jesus also wanted to get in some extra time on the slopes before it gets too warm. I already let @Revelation know about it, but he seems fixated on April 8 so Jesus and I decided to let him keep moving toward that date since there’s no harm, no foul in doing so.

As for the actual date, I was thinking April 25 since it’s a Thursday, but I am open to other days.

Revelation is not alone. There are plenty of other religionists who are predicting dire consequences as a result of the “warning from God” on April 8.

In addition, there are numerous YouTube videos and Facebook and TikTok messages giving similar warnings.

Here we thought that superstitions regarding eclipses had died out when primitive humans became more educated, but evidently those superstitions are still alive and well in various Christian cults and also among other religIons.

It is the end of the world every year, then every year it turns out that it will be next year as they misinterpreted the omens

Revelation is a hoot! At first,he was focusing on or around April 8. Now he has expanded that to include 2025 as a future negative factor due to the eclipse! Who knows, he may include the entire decade eventually!

i just found a headline that may just change a few minds on this however, it is so Scary that it gets me..........well let me think about it.

You say this all the time. We are all adults here. Just say what you want and we’ll handle it.

my Desire is for a big Eclipse Nothing Burger we can all pull up to the dining table with a sigh of relief communal style.

No really. You have telegraphed time and again that your desire is to carry this on for as long as possible. Recently, you are even beginning to link April 8 to the year 2025. That shows your true intentions in this matter.

OMEN

Anything viewed as giving some indication about the future; a situation or occurrence thought of as portending good or evil. (Ge 30:27; Nu 24:1) Looking for omens, as a form of divination, was specifically prohibited by God’s law to Israel. (Le 19:26; De 18:10) But apostates like Judean King Manasseh did look for omens. (2Ki 17:17; 21:6) Since this practice is condemned in the Scriptures, evidently faithful Joseph’s comment about use of his silver cup to read omens was merely part of a ruse. (Ge 44:5, 15) By making the comment, Joseph represented himself, not as one having faith in Jehovah, but as an administrator of a land where false worship prevailed. He thus gave no hint of having anything in common with his brothers and kept his true identity concealed from them.—See DIVINATION.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003322

Concerning the object of the OP -
The most dangerous type of fool is a steadfast, or committed, fool. The Hebrew word nâbâl (naw-BAWL), which means “stupid, wicked,” identifies this type of person. This type of fool embodies characteristics of both the silly fool and the sensual fool, with an emphasis on being base and disgraceful. Elsewhere in the Old Testament, nâbâl also is translated as “a vile person.”
This type of fool is proud and close-minded to reason. He is his own god, committed to freely gratifying his lower nature. Attempts to reprove him will be futile and bring frustration to the one who tries to influence him.

https://iblp.org/what-are-five-types-fools/
Best to not engage them. ☮️

it doesn't help that this forum is pushing me over the Edge concerning this potential Apocalypse

No one is "pushing" you towards anything. You are VOLUNTARILY participating in this forum, and you can leave anytime if it is causing you even the least bit of stress.

o far there are 3 threads currently active concerning the april Doomz (none i started), one was just added today by a guy that doesn't even wanna talk about it (but he talks about it more than i talk about it). so now he creates a thread about the Eclipse in an attempt to Consolidate and Centralize this potentially horrific day we can't avoid as the Scientists claim.

The key here is not how many threads may be active regarding the SO-CALLED "Doomz", but rather your prediliction to bring your particular outlook on the April 8 eclipse into threads that do not concern it. And it is an absolute falsehood that I "don't want to talk about it". As a matter of fact, I have talked about it quite actively for a number of days now, but since my narrative does not meet the parameters that you have outlined for it, it is actually YOU that backs out of discussing it in more detail than just stating that it is so.
And how you can possible see an eclipse as a "potentilly horrific day" is quite puzzling. I suggest that you read some of the responses that are contained in this thread to ascertain how the huge majority of people understand it as a NATURAL scientific event, and nothing more. Why not just sit back and enjoy it like everyone else is going to do?

it concerns me a bit, because in two weeks this can Grow Exponentially across all Forums here and may gain the attention of the Administration that runs this respected forum.

Yet another prediction that hasn't the slightest bit of reality of actually becoming true. The only item that will "grow exponentially" is your attempt to try to relate it to items to which it has no ACTUAL relationship. And as you do so, I will be pointing out the scam that you running, just as I am predicting, and my prediction is the one that will come true.

the solution they may come up with may be to create a fall guy, to quiet things back down to normal forum bitterness.

What does this mean? It's a quite puzzling statement.

There are between 2 and 7 solar eclipses every year. What makes this one so end-of-the-worldy?

And how you can possible see an eclipse as a "potentilly horrific day" is quite puzzling.
Well, God willing, I hope to be at Sun-N-Fun on the 9th in Lakeland.

I plan to fly down on the 8th :confused:

Seriously, there was a massive eclipse when Jesus took his last breath on the cross. There was darkness form 12 noon to 3. So there's that.

Eclipses have happened before major events in the bible.
With Joshua, it involved a war.

The world is in turmoil right now.
And we have a war where Israel is involved!

Joel 2:31
“The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood

Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Revelation 6:12
I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;

As the moon rises on Friday, the longest lunar eclipse of this century will begin, offering skywatchers the chance to view over four hours of the moon crossing the Earth’s shadow with close to two hours of complete eclipse.
As well as being abnormally long, this eclipse, like most lunar eclipses, will appear a deep red with the sun’s rays entering through the earth’s atmosphere to
project a blood-like glow onto the moon.

But, do all eclipses - and blood moons - bring omen or warnings?
Like this coming April 8?

We'll just have to wait and see...................right?
Who can really say with certainty at this time, if it has anything to do with what's gong on?
Let's keep our eyes on Israel.

In the meantime - there's no need to be so fretful, watsup. 😁
Stop freaking out!

Look at you! You even made a thread out it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom