• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is remaining a virgin till marriage possible.

It's very simple: generally people who combines both the beliefs that gay marriage should not be legal + there should not be sex before marriage = there shouldn't be gay (-sex) in the first place.
Doh! That's sooooo unfair. Okay, I'm gonna stay a virgin till I marry, marry another virgin and then make her reeeeaaaallly unhappy, just to spite y'all. That'll larn ya!

I have no doubt that LUST is related to love; I just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't enjoy sex with someone you already lust after.

Lucky you, apparently you've never had disappointing sex. Trust me...I run across one or two whom I've "lusted" after and later was very disappointed because the sex wasn't nearly as good as the hype my mind placed on it.

I have no doubt that LUST is related to love; I just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't enjoy sex with someone you already lust after.

I'm just.... floored by this. Of COURSE you can not enjoy sex with someone you lust after. Especially if you're a woman. But it can certainly happen with both genders, and does... all the time! Being in love, or lust, does not magically make the sex good.

Doh! That's sooooo unfair. Okay, I'm gonna stay a virgin till I marry, marry another virgin and then make her reeeeaaaallly unhappy, just to spite y'all. That'll larn ya!

No, you have a lot of (safe) gay sex to spite them all.

Its the same reason a person need hands to masturbate. The mind plays an important part of sexual relations, but some of it is just the physical parts interacting. Now which part plays a bigger role depends on the people involved, but both the mind and body are crucial.

The Mind is Seriously the most important sexual part any of us have. Without it being involved, there's no signal to the other parts....you might as well be rubbing your own hands together.
Not all that sexy, is it?

Safe or not...it's still sex...I think...;)

He's still young (I think), I wouldn't encourage him to think that. Always practice safe sex, it's better to be safe than sorry. :)

Last edited:
I don't get the desire to marry a virgin, personally.

That's probably because of where you live, isn't it Babe? Given your stories, I'd be surprised to find there were any virgins over the age of 12 on your Redneck Riviera.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 and a half years. She's Christian, doesn't want to have sex before marriage, and I'm okay with that. I don't have the moral qualms she has, and if she wanted to, I'm all for it; I think sex is perfectly natural and fine.

But your argument is synthetic. Her and I are very sexually active in other ways. Sex isn't the only way to express sexual attraction; hell, sexual activities would be pretty boring if you did the same thing over and over. Mix it up, explore. Get to know someone so you can have a more fulfilling sexual relationship then just banging all day. If you want to just have sex, that's fine too, I don't care. But to think your choice is the superior and only option is foolish, especially when there's reason to believe it leads to a more dull sex life. Her and I are sexually compatible; your argument is simply uninformed.

Honestly, and I don't mean to criticize your girlfriend, but does she genuinely believe her religion is okay with you all being sexually active except for intercourse? That's being delusional.

My older sister had a friend who was so obsessed with being a virgin that she had tons of anal intercourse with guys (not that there's anything wrong with that), but the obsession that I MUST BE A VIRGIN WHEN I GET MARRIED seems completely ridiculous if you're willing to engage in a bunch of other sexual activity.

I think that being a virgin at marriage is something that both sexes should be ashamed of. If there not sexual compatible then the marriage is bound to fail.

Maybe she only does it when she wants a kid? What should the man do after number 7? Leave as fast as he can.
that's just ridiculous. no one should be ashamed of their sexual choices.

Honestly, and I don't mean to criticize your girlfriend, but does she genuinely believe her religion is okay with you all being sexually active except for intercourse? That's being delusional.

My older sister had a friend who was so obsessed with being a virgin that she had tons of anal intercourse with guys (not that there's anything wrong with that), but the obsession that I MUST BE A VIRGIN WHEN I GET MARRIED seems completely ridiculous if you're willing to engage in a bunch of other sexual activity.

She's slowly separating from the idea. I think it's less about religion and just her wanting to wait. I think she understands that her choice is arbitrary, and actually kind of pointless. But religion creates fear in people, and for her it's still there. We've played with the idea of just going for it, but it's the fear of "maybe we shouldn't be doing this" that stops it.

Don't worry about criticism, I'm not easy to offend :p Please, feel free to ask or say more.

Its just a medical fact that we do.

Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?

I watched this show on Discovery once about a some women that had sex changes and became men. They said that once they got on all the male hormone therapies they could not believe how strong there sex drive became, exponentially stronger than anything they had ever experienced as a woman.

I don't think women should be envious of a guys sex drive though. Its the cause of probably 90% of our problems in life.
guys will kill each other for a shot of tail---Survival of the fittest.

You know...wouldn't it be great...if none of this matters?

Really, what's it matter what my girlfriend and I choose, as opposed to Rivvrat? We, the girl and I, choose to do what we do because it's important to us and quite frankly, we're both satisfied with what we have now. I wouldn't mind never having sex at all because quite frankly, I think I'm pretty ****ing lucky I even got a woman of her caliber to go on a date. We don't need sex. We want sex, but we don't need it. We're satisfied with what have, while we have it.

And as for rivvrat, who cares? I don't understand it but, if that's her way of doing things, and it works for her, I'm not going to complain and neither should anyone else. That doesn't mean I condone it, hell, I disagree with it, but oh well, that doesn't make her a bad person. If it works for her, who has the right to call her shallow for it?

As for me, sex is the greatest thing in the world, I chose not to waste that moment on some high school crush or college slut. I want it to be with my girl, no one else matters. and the fact that she's a virgin too, even though I would have no opinion of her either way, just means there will be some exploration for both of us!

Last edited:

Really, what's it matter what my girlfriend and I choose, as opposed to Rivvrat? We, the girl and I, choose to do what we do because it's important to us and quite frankly, we're both satisfied with what we have now. I wouldn't mind never having sex at all because quite frankly, I think I'm pretty ****ing lucky I even got a woman of her caliber to go on a date. We don't need sex. We want sex, but we don't need it. We're satisfied with what have, while we have it.

And as for rivvrat, who cares? I don't understand it but, if that's her way of doing things, and it works for her, I'm not going to complain and neither should anyone else. That doesn't mean I condone it, hell, I disagree with it, but oh well, that doesn't make her a bad person. If it works for her, who has the right to call her shallow for it?

As for me, sex is the greatest thing in the world, I chose not to waste that moment on some high school crush or college slut. I want it to be with my girl, no one else matters. and the fact that she's a virgin too, even though I would have no opinion of her either way, just means there will be some exploration for both of us!
it DOESN'T matter...what you and your girlfriend do or don't do is between you two.

Yup,DarkWizard's inexperience talking here...and criticizing Rivrrat for having experience to boot.
You know Dark...you do whatever you want, but don't act like you've just invented flying because you're only now discovering what the entire human race has depended upon forever.
What you haven't realized is that women are not brood mares. We have feelings and sexual needs just like men do. Going around criticizing others because we sought to fulfill those needs regardless of our marital status, well that's just rude.

I guess we read two different posts. I heard criticism...veiled but still enough to notice.
perhaps you didn't read:
If it works for her, who has the right to call her shallow for it?
If there was any criticism, it was toward an "unnamed" who was calling her shallow. I have nothing, absolutely nothing, against rivvrat and I respect her and her decisions, I suggest you respect mine.

Last edited:
it DOESN'T matter...what you and your girlfriend do or don't do is between you two.
I know, but it was toward a few others who had a problem with either me or rivvrat. S' alright, really. Everyone of us has different ways of doing things for different reasons...and a few people here can't live with that without saying "omg Im doomed to a midlife crisis!" :/

who said that to me anyway? I know someone did but I can't find their post...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom