• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Birtherism a veiled form of racism?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at how silly you all look given todays events.

And you danaged our constitution be voting for some one who had yet to prove his citizenship. And all the accusations of racism towards citizens trying to keep the law.

Trump was exactly right which makes him a national hero. If you can't deal with that then seek help for your serious jealousy issues.

Yes I feel silly for saying Birthers based their whole belief on something with not just no evidence, but all the evidence pointing to the opposite being true, and then having it proved I was right. Damn do I feel silly.

And you damaged our constitution be voting for some one who had yet to prove his citizenship. And all the accusations of racism towards citizens trying to keep the law.

In your face.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...edia/97644-obama-speak-birth-certificate.html

sazerac said:
Trump was exactly right which makes him a national hero. If you can't deal with that then seek help for your serious jealousy issues.

Instead of trying to spin this as a win for your moronic conspiracy theory, I suggest you lay low and shut up for a while, until people forget what an ass you've made of yourself.

Last edited:
Hey, guess what. It was proven today that you voted for somebody who did not present proof of eligibility'
You damaged our constitution.

You called heroes racists.

You should all be disgusted with yourselves.

Hey, guess what. It was proven today that you voted for somebody who did not present proof of eligibility'

No that was not proven today. Sorry, nice spin, but not true.

Really? Because I could have sworn I saw Obama present the very document that you've been bitching about, thus blowing your stupid conspiracy theory out of the water.

sazerac said:

LOL
I know it hurts, but face it: You lost. And in case you were wondering, yes, I plan to rub it in and remind you of this fact for quite a while.

Not any more racist than this nonsense,unless you can prove that the retards making up the majority of these claims are not white.

|
|
v
jamesrage-albums-stuff-picture67110696-those-damn-obama-birther-nuts.jpg

Its basically the waa boo hoo my guy lost so I am going to make up lies about the guy that won, waa boo hoo.

Last edited:
What are you confused about my son?

Even the most radical white supremacists I have encountered do not say or suggest that black people are not citizens of the United States. They do not want black people to be citizens of this country, but they recognize that presently black people are citizens. So if there are any who actually believe black people are not citizens of their country they must be very much on the fringe of even that fringe group.

So a second guy was questioned by a few bloggers? Well that's nice. Would you like a cookie now sparky?

It was not just a few bloggers. Questioning of McCain's citizenship was as serious as it was for Obama during the election, though it happened at an earlier stage in the campaign. People made the same accusations regarding Mitt Romney's father. These sort of things typically arise from confusion over citizenship laws.

So few people have either the intellectual honesty or intelligence necessary to recognize this, even as it is such a constant feature of political dialogue nearly everywhere. I'm reminded of the parable of the Emperor's New Clothes, where the mere act of pointing out the obvious makes one at odds with the herd.

What I find interesting is that although I see far more conservatives than Liberals who view politics in tribal sense, and who bring out their label at every occasion while lambasting "liberals", by the same token, I see more conservatives distancing themselves from the radical right wing extremes. Conversely, while I see fewer on the left who view themselves as their political label, I see precious few who even acknowledge leftist antisemitism. In fact, they will ridicule and attack anybody who does.

No, actually what you see are precious few who agree when you call someone an antisemite, usually because that person has said nothing antisemitic at all. While I would prefer not to put myself anywhere on the spectrum I have described Nazism as a left-wing ideology because, the truth is, nationalism and racism/antisemitism are the only things that really differentiate the ideology from other leftist philosophies. I think such prejudice is a betrayal of left-wing values, but it is still something that springs up because prejudice is more a human problem than a political one.

And you damaged our constitution be voting for some one who had yet to prove his citizenship. And all the accusations of racism towards citizens trying to keep the law.

Seriously, just stop.

No that was not proven today. Sorry, nice spin, but not true.

That was not proven today? Are you on crack? He didn't show a valid birth certificate till today!

So that means you ignored our constitution when you voted.

I'm gonna be king of our new racist kooks group, the "Jailers." People who demand that Obama be seriously reprimanded for causing this country such divisiveness.

Many posters who come from the right side of the political continuum, accuse progressives of playing the race card in defense of African Americans. This card was designed, printed and distrubted by the white racists of the past who used racism to empower themselves and put down others. It is their legacy to America and - for better or worse - will be with us for a long time.

If the card was not given by the actions of racists to begin with, then there would be no card to play.

Many posters who come from the right side of the political continuum, accuse progressives of playing the race card in defense of African Americans. This card was designed, printed and distrubted by the white racists of the past who used racism to empower themselves and put down others. It is their legacy to America and - for better or worse - will be with us for a long time.

If the card was not given by the actions of racists to begin with, then there would be no card to play.

I don't see anyone going after obama for his race, perhaps you have proof?

I don't see anyone going after obama for his race, perhaps you have proof?

That is one of the developments of the modern era. Racists in times gone by - decades before the last few - stood up proudly and proclaimed white supremacy and did not hide their beliefs.
Today, there is a national mood against racism and especially the overt and explicit expression of it. The racist knows this. The racist understand this. The racist accepts this. As such, they know they must couch their racist beliefs and pronouncements in other - perhaps more socially acceptable language - to avoid the societal stigma that now comes with the label of racist.

So today they talk about flowery bumper stickers like freedom and liberty and the right to live thier own lives without government edict. They make sport of attacking political correctness because they know that they are the victim and target of it. They gravitate to right wing causes where others of their ilk congregate and - when the feel safe accepted and comfortable -can then express their feelings privately without condemnation.

So if you are looking for a smoking gun - they have learned where to hide the gun.

That is one of the developments of the modern era. Racists in times gone by - decades before the last few - stood up proudly and proclaimed white supremacy and did not hide their beliefs.
Today, there is a national mood against racism and especially the overt and explicit expression of it. The racist knows this. The racist understand this. The racist accepts this. As such, they know they must couch their racist beliefs and pronouncements in other - perhaps more socially acceptable language - to avoid the societal stigma that now comes with the label of racist.

So today they talk about flowery bumper stickers like freedom and liberty and the right to live thier own lives without government edict. They make sport of attacking political correctness because they know that they are the victim and target of it. They gravitate to right wing causes where others of their ilk congregate and - when the feel safe accepted and comfortable -can then express their feelings privately without condemnation.

So if you are looking for a smoking gun - they have learned where to hide the gun.

so wait, one is racist if they believe "So today they talk about flowery bumper stickers like freedom and liberty and the right to live thier own lives without government edict."..

Really, so freedom and liberty are racist now. :lamo

so wait, one is racist if they believe "So today they talk about flowery bumper stickers like freedom and liberty and the right to live thier own lives without government edict."..

Really, so freedom and liberty are racist now. :lamo

Did not say that.

That was not proven today? Are you on crack? He didn't show a valid birth certificate till today!

So that means you ignored our constitution when you voted.

I'm gonna be king of our new racist kooks group, the "Jailers." People who demand that Obama be seriously reprimanded for causing this country such divisiveness.

As far as I know, not one of the 42 men before him have shown their birth certificates. Why should he have been any different?

So in other words you have no proof. Seems to me you just as bad as the birther-tards. Birther-tards make false claims that Obama is not a natural born citizen and have no evidence to back it. You make up claims of racism and have no evidence to back it.

Last edited:
So in other words you have no proof. Seems to me you just as bad as the birther-tards. Birther-tards make false claims that Obama is not a natural born citizen and have no evidence to back it. You make up claims of racism and have no evidence to back it.

There is plenty of proof if one just looks around them, follows the news, monitors opinion and takes in as much information as one can on these issues.

People confuse the overt expression of obvious racism as in "I am a proud white supremacist who hates niggers" whcih was not uncommon a few decades ago and the far more acceptable and subtle expressions of modern racism like being against almost every political and social issue that are important to African Americans, ridiculing Black politicians and figures of prominence, denigrating cities with a majority Black polulation and taking every cheap potshot in the book every time the opportunity presents itself to attack what is perceived as inferior Black culture.

There is plenty of proof if one just looks around them, follows the news, monitors opinion and takes in as much information as one can on these issues.

If there was, I'm sure you would be posting this mythical "proof"

People confuse the overt expression of obvious racism as in "I am a proud white supremacist who hates niggers" whcih was not uncommon a few decades ago and the far more acceptable and subtle expressions of modern racism like being against almost every political and social issue that are important to African Americans, ridiculing Black politicians and figures of prominence, denigrating cities with a majority Black polulation and taking every cheap potshot in the book every time the opportunity presents itself to attack what is perceived as inferior Black culture.

I find this to be more racist than anything you are accusing a mythical right on.... I for example critisize obama for his policies, not his race, you seem to be making it always about race. It's not the right, who is viewing blacks as infierior here.

For the racists on the left absolutely everything critical of President Obama is racism either veiled or not. Horrible criticism of Justice Thomas isn't racism. I wonder why that is?

If there was, I'm sure you would be posting this mythical "proof"

I find this to be more racist than anything you are accusing a mythical right on.... I for example critisize obama for his policies, not his race, you seem to be making it always about race. It's not the right, who is viewing blacks as infierior here.

I just gave it to you. For your own personal reasons, you have opted not to accept it.

Where in the world do you get off making a statement like I view Blacks as inferior? That is silly and wihout one iota of foundation. I fully realize this is part of your schtick that you have adopted as an offensive attack against those who would dare speak about racism. Its akin to Jim Carrey having to make funny faces as part of the act.

For the racists on the left absolutely everything critical of President Obama is racism either veiled or not. Horrible criticism of Justice Thomas isn't racism. I wonder why that is?

Thank you for the excellent example of the stragey of the right wing going on the offense to deny progressives the entire issue of racism.

Back
Top Bottom