• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iowa man who sets LGBTQ flag on fire gets over 15 years in prison

Anyone can have strong feelings on something. Those feeling may be fleeting and may be permanent.

A person can do a hateful thing and yet not be filled with hate. I know that I have "flipped off" drivers that I perceived to be very rude. Their stupidity and my response are both hateful by some reckoning, but perhaps not hate filled.

The repeated action DEMONSTRATES that which cannot be divined by outside observation.

Momentary rage and life long bias can produce the same outcomes. Sorting one from the other can only be shown on a societal basis by repetition.

As an example, if Al Sharpton, in his whole life, called only one person a racist, that could be the result of momentary rage. If he called every person that ever disagreed with him a racist, that could represent a life long bias.

Repetition is the only way to determine if there is a pattern of behavior. If there is no pattern, then there is no pattern.

If you are looking to see if someone does something because of "X" then, indeed, repetition is a good guide. Of course if the person admits that they did it because of "X" that is also a pretty darn good guide.

If you insist on "repetition" before punishment, then that would mean that everyone is entitled to rob one bank without penalty since there would be no "repetition".

According to the NBA record Books, Wilt Chamberlain scored more than 31,000 times on the court.

According to Wilt Chamberlain, Wilt Chamberlain scored 20,000 times off the court.

Willie Brown gave Kamala Harris her start in politics.

Seriously, the stories go on and on about ALL men in power, all men of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, abusing women often at the behest of the women involved. The list is long and multiracial.

Whether it's Eisenhower or MLK or just about anyone else, there are stories of abuse by the powerful man asserting authority over the less powerful woman.

Are you really unaware of this? Do you really think that there are huge differences in people based only on of the color of their skin?

I'll repeat this for you: I put no words in your mouth. I only recognized the words (apparently driven by bias) that YOU put in your mouth.

Again, I was explaining to you the reason for Rosie's comment. She isn't saying that all white men are women abusers.

So, again, the left doesn't hate white men.

If you are looking to see if someone does something because of "X" then, indeed, repetition is a good guide. Of course if the person admits that they did it because of "X" that is also a pretty darn good guide.

If you insist on "repetition" before punishment, then that would mean that everyone is entitled to rob one bank without penalty since there would be no "repetition".

Robbing the bank is the demonstrated crime for which the society should meat out punishment.

There could be a group of Jewish Banks among which is the one the miscreant robs.

The miscreant serves his time for robbing this bank.

Upon release, the miscreant then passes a group of Gentile Banks in order to get to the next Jewish Bank which he robs.

The actions reveal an issue driving the actions of the the miscreant.

Another miscreant may hate Jews vehemently, but is an equal opportunity miscreant robbing banks only because they have cash inside. His hate of Jews plays no role in his actions.

The crime of the robbery is still a crime. The motivation of hate is only displayed as a damage to society by the actions of the miscreant.

If the Jew hating miscreant expands his hate filled actions of robbing the Jewish Banks to giving motivational speeches to act against Jews in other ways, to me, that's like screaming fire in a crowded theatre and is also a crime.

Privacy in your love or hate, by definition, within a society hurts nobody outside of yourself. It is societal hurt that societal punishments should be designed to deter.

Last edited:
Again, I was explaining to you the reason for Rosie's comment. She isn't saying that all white men are women abusers.

So, again, the left doesn't hate white men.

I wasn't asking if she was saying that all white men are women abusers.

Since she cited only white men as women abusers, I was asking if she was asserting that only ONLY white men are women abusers.

If you are asserting that she is also condemning non-White men as women abusers, can you please link to her saying that?

Also, does she also eliminate WOMEN as abusers of women? I suppose, it might be helpful as well to determine if she is eliminating those other groups from blame or just excusing them.

People who hate, as Rosie hates, often cease to think. This cessation in Rosie's case seems to have spanned decades.

That is why I'm seeking clarification of her statement.

She seems to be condemning a particular group, not the action they commit.

I wasn't asking if she was saying that all white men are women abusers.

Since she cited only white men as women abusers, I was asking if she was asserting that only ONLY white men are women abusers.

If you are asserting that she is also condemning non-White men as women abusers, can you please link to her saying that?

Also, does she also eliminate WOMEN as abusers of women? I suppose, it might be helpful as well to determine if she is eliminating those other groups from blame or just excusing them.

People who hate, as Rosie hates, often cease to think. This cessation in Rosie's case seems to have spanned decades.

That is why I'm seeking clarification of her statement.

She seems to be condemning a particular group, not the action they commit.

It is because either you didn't read it in context or refuse to see it because you're focused on her words about white men in power.

You need to read this in context: Rosie O'Donnell links Harvey Weinstein to Donald Trump: Abuse of women is 'in our culture'

She was expressing her opinion based on her experience with the Hollywood types. There is a lot of abuse going on there.

And she knows that non-white men and women do abuse. If that happens often, she would comment on that too.

It is because either you didn't read it in context or refuse to see it because you're focused on her words about white men in power.

You need to read this in context: Rosie O'Donnell links Harvey Weinstein to Donald Trump: Abuse of women is 'in our culture'

She was expressing her opinion based on her experience with the Hollywood types. There is a lot of abuse going on there.

And she knows that non-white men and women do abuse. If that happens often, she would comment on that too.

So you say that she knows this, but she seems to avoid stating this. She condemns white men and avoids condemning other men.

Interesting avoidance of reality in her statement. In the real world, racial demographics are pretty much absent from the causations.

The reality of the situation is that cause "seems to be related to risk factors such as substance abuse, unemployment, education, cohabitation of unmarried partners, pregnancy, income."

Kinda makes ya wonder what Rosie's real message might be.

Well, obviously, it doesn't make YOU wonder, but it might make a thinking individual wonder.

Demographics and Domestic Violence

So you say that she knows this, but she seems to avoid stating this. She condemns white men and avoids condemning other men.

Interesting avoidance of reality in her statement. In the real world, racial demographics are pretty much absent from the causations.

The reality of the situation is that cause "seems to be related to risk factors such as substance abuse, unemployment, education, cohabitation of unmarried partners, pregnancy, income."

Kinda makes ya wonder what Rosie's real message might be.

Well, obviously, it doesn't make YOU wonder, but it might make a thinking individual wonder.

Demographics and Domestic Violence

She is not avoiding stating it. She is telling us her experience working with Hollywood types. Why are you avoiding that aspect?

It doesn't make me wonder because we all know what she meant. But why are we even talking about Rosie? Does Rosie speak for us on the left?

One more time, the left doesn't hate white people.

She is not avoiding stating it. She is telling us her experience working with Hollywood types. Why are you avoiding that aspect?

It doesn't make me wonder because we all know what she meant. But why are we even talking about Rosie? Does Rosie speak for us on the left?

One more time, the left doesn't hate white people.

Oh Yeah Bill Cosby. I was very sad when it was found out. Terrible.

Apparently the word of this has not yet reached Rosie.

Either that or the victims of Cosby are not as "victimized" in her eyes as victims of "White men".

One problem with being a racist, as most Liberals have proven to be, is that it warps any attempt at being rational.

Liberals are so busy trying to unite some kind of a grand coalition of victims that they cannot recognize that many they class as victims are not actually victims at all.

When hate is your primary motivation, logic and reason are the first things you need to throw away.

Your post only reinforces my "theory". I didn't know that I stated this as a theory, but if you think so, we'll go with it...

Your post demonstrates that Rosie has been made aware of the actual real world facts of the matter and she has actually discussed the topic.

Her subsequent actions and statements reveal that her virulent and corrosive racism is preventing her from accepting sexism as a non-racial issue in the real world.

Can you really not see this?

In the clip, Rosie is clearly supporting the victims in any attack of this nature for lack of a better word. Rosie, at the time, was pretty inclusive in those being condemned for sexual attacks.

Whoopie seemed to be taking the position of defending Cosby's position in this issue at the time. Interesting "side-taking" by Whoopie and Rosie in regard to Cosby in view of their skin colors...

Interesting evolution in the understanding of this by Rosie leading to her more recent comments exclusively condemning White men as sexual predators.

Last edited:
Your post only reinforces my "theory". I didn't know that I stated this as a theory, but if you think so, we'll go with it...

Your post demonstrates that Rosie has been made aware of the actual real world facts of the matter and she has actually discussed the topic.

Her subsequent actions and statements reveal that her virulent and corrosive racism is preventing her from accepting sexism as a non-racial issue in the real world.

Can you really not see this?

In the clip, Rosie is clearly supporting the victims in any attack of this nature for lack of a better word. Rosie, at the time, was pretty inclusive in those being condemned for sexual attacks.

Whoopie seemed to be taking the position of defending Cosby's position in this issue at the time. Interesting "side-taking" by Whoopie and Rosie in regard to Cosby in view of their skin colors...

Interesting evolution in the understanding of this by Rosie leading to her more recent comments exclusively condemning White men as sexual predators.

Your theory is that Rosie hates only white men. The video destroyed your theory. Now do you accept that the left doesn't hate white people?

Apparently the word of this has not yet reached Rosie.

Either that or the victims of Cosby are not as "victimized" in her eyes as victims of "White men".

One problem with being a racist, as most Liberals have proven to be, is that it warps any attempt at being rational.

Liberals are so busy trying to unite some kind of a grand coalition of victims that they cannot recognize that many they class as victims are not actually victims at all.

When hate is your primary motivation, logic and reason are the first things you need to throw away.

Debunked by the video. Sorry you lose.

Your theory is that Rosie hates only white men. The video destroyed your theory. Now do you accept that the left doesn't hate white people?

It seems pretty likely that Rosie hates White men, but I in now way, at any time for any reason have asserted that Rosie hate ONLY White men.

It is my assumption that she hate all kinds of folks. She is, after all, a Liberal.

I posted a picture. No link.

Obviously you were not aware that you DID post a link or where that link went.

That being the case, I shall make a note to myself never to follow any link that you do post in the future (just to save wear and tear on my anti-virus software).

It seems pretty likely that Rosie hates White men, but I in now way, at any time for any reason have asserted that Rosie hate ONLY White men.

It is my assumption that she hate all kinds of folks. She is, after all, a Liberal.

Bad form. I expect better from you.

Obviously you were not aware that you DID post a link or where that link went.

That being the case, I shall make a note to myself never to follow any link that you do post in the future (just to save wear and tear on my anti-virus software).

The picture came from a big page of pictures found when you might "Google" any topic you are interested in followed by the ward "images".

In passing, I changed from Google to Yahoo in my internet searches because the results from Yahoo seem less biased. Interesting under the radar "gate keeping" going on in search results...

Interestingly, when I "google" "geniuses images", my image does not appear. It's pretty likely it never will.

Given the images shown, the length and breadth of images included is pretty wide. Humbling would be the kindest word to describe this.

Back
Top Bottom