• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interesting breakfast this morning

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Over the years I have developed a fairly consistent routine in the mornings and stop for breakfast at the same place pretty much every weekday. I won't always eat the same thing but there are really only 3 or 4 different items I'll switch between. This morning, however, there was a special on the board that I hadn't seen before.

I had a sausage and onion omelet topped with marinara and parmigiana. It was almost like a pizza omelet and, I've got to say, it was pretty damned good!!

Over the years I have developed a fairly consistent routine in the mornings and stop for breakfast at the same place pretty much every weekday. I won't always eat the same thing but there are really only 3 or 4 different items I'll switch between. This morning, however, there was a special on the board that I hadn't seen before.

I had a sausage and onion omelet topped with marinara and parmigiana. It was almost like a pizza omelet and, I've got to say, it was pretty damned good!!

Tomato and eggs go very well together. I am amazed more people do not do variations of it. I almost always have some combination of mustard and salsa/tomato something on my eggs, even when they are fried.

Guess I got somethin to make for my girlfriend now lol.

Tomato and eggs go very well together. I am amazed more people do not do variations of it. I almost always have some combination of mustard and salsa/tomato something on my eggs, even when they are fried.

I like a Spanish Omelet and put salsa on eggs when available (and good). This place has chili topped omelets as a regular menu item and I'll get that pretty regularly but the marinara and parm was a nice twist. The only thing I'd do different is replace the sausage with peperoni.

Same old protein shake for the past couple years now.

greek yogurt, whey protein, fruits, blend.

Never deviated from that.

OK so it may not be the BEST tasting thing out there but it's good for you!

i love experimenting with breakfast. i had a barbecue breakfast pizza muffin this morning :

one English muffin, halved.
one to two tablespoons KC Masterpiece Hickory BBQ sauce
chopped onion / tomato (or any veggie that you like)
mozzarella / provolone cheese mix (about a quarter cup divided between the two halves)
oregano

bake at 350 F for about ten minutes or so.

warning : if you eat it while driving, put a full bath towel over your shirt and pants under the seat belt, because that **** is going to drip.

yoğurt ( as it is seen from its turkish name) is turkish .

My normal breakfast consists of eggs, some kind of meat, a little potato and wheat toast. On occasion I'll substitute fruit or tomato for the potato. I figure it's pretty healthy and it holds me over for a good 6 hours.

I like a Spanish Omelet and put salsa on eggs when available (and good). This place has chili topped omelets as a regular menu item and I'll get that pretty regularly but the marinara and parm was a nice twist. The only thing I'd do different is replace the sausage with peperoni.

I'd replace them both with scallops, but to each their own:)

eggs are under utilized in dishes IMO. They get all that "oh nooooooo cholesterol!!!! One will kill you dead" crap.

yoğurt ( as it is seen from its turkish name) is turkish .

Guess you should have called it Turkish Yogurt, you're late to the marketing game, it's Greek Yogurt now. Greek yogurt, BTW, produces quite a bit of toxic waste in the form of acid whey. So thanks Turkey for polluting the world.

HAHAHAHA

I often take left-over pizza from a Saturday night and make an omelet with it Sunday morning. Very good. I just remove fully loaded toppings off the dough and put onto the eggs.

breakfast is my favorite meal - if eaten after 10am
and my favorite breakfast is one that should not be eaten in front of those i do not know well; the visual is not appealing to most folks
it consists of four over easy eggs, lots of patty sausage (neeses' preferably), covered by grits, smothered in sausage gravy
now mix it all together and eat it with buttered toast

breakfast is my favorite meal - if eaten after 10am
and my favorite breakfast is one that should not be eaten in front of those i do not know well; the visual is not appealing to most folks
it consists of four over easy eggs, lots of patty sausage (neeses' preferably), covered by grits, smothered in sausage gravy
now mix it all together and eat it with buttered toast

Try eating that in front of your cardiologist. :lol:

Every morning I could easily go for a massive bowl of grits and either bacon or sausage broken up into it, Neese would be good. I could eat that every morning until forever. But most mornings I have two eggs in some over hard form and sausage or bacon, no starch and no carbs with black coffee.

This morning I had an omelette with garlic, black olives and chopped cherry tomatoes and about 2 tablespoons of cilantro sauce.

I think bacon and eggs is one of the greatest meals ever invented. Sadly I rarely eat that kind of breakfast for health reasons anymore (if Im staying at a hotel that offers breakfast buffet then yes obviously) and usually skip breakfast in general. On the occasion I do eat breakfast at home its usually plain oatmeal (no milk or sugar) with raisins and some honey.

I had half a steak smothered in minced garlic that I lightly flavored with some herb mustard (my dog had the other half sans the fancy...well technically I had her other half as I cooked it for her)

My best friend is a work out fanatic. When we were in high school (15-17) he was 5'5 and did the whey thing. Didn't work as well as wholesome eating. He also cramped real bad because he did some of the createen (I can't spell it). When he started eating right In 11th grade he was the starting fullback at 220 lbs of solid granite.

He joined the marine corps, 170lbs going in, came out at 155 lbs he was a laser cut piece of obsidian. The jerk is gifted. All he does is eat right, and lift, and now be is back to a 220 piece of cut cut granite. The bastard.

Tl:dr

It is smart to not put stock in the fancy chemicals. Eat right and work out hard is what matters. I'm down 10 lbs after getting back in to jujitsu and eating healthy again.

Guess you should have called it Turkish Yogurt, you're late to the marketing game, it's Greek Yogurt now. Greek yogurt, BTW, produces quite a bit of toxic waste in the form of acid whey. So thanks Turkey for polluting the world.

HAHAHAHA

some people dont know what they eat:lol:

How the hell do you people have time for this in the morning? Omelets?! If I have time to make a cup of coffee I'm ahead of schedule most mornings...:lol:

My best friend is a work out fanatic. When we were in high school (15-17) he was 5'5 and did the whey thing. Didn't work as well as wholesome eating. He also cramped real bad because he did some of the createen (I can't spell it). When he started eating right In 11th grade he was the starting fullback at 220 lbs of solid granite.

He joined the marine corps, 170lbs going in, came out at 155 lbs he was a laser cut piece of obsidian. The jerk is gifted. All he does is eat right, and lift, and now be is back to a 220 piece of cut cut granite. The bastard.

Tl:dr

It is smart to not put stock in the fancy chemicals. Eat right and work out hard is what matters. I'm down 10 lbs after getting back in to jujitsu and eating healthy again.

That's just for breakfast, lunch and everything else is pretty much a normal meal.

The shake beats the hell out of cereal IMO.

I think bacon and eggs is one of the greatest meals ever invented. Sadly I rarely eat that kind of breakfast for health reasons anymore (if Im staying at a hotel that offers breakfast buffet then yes obviously) and usually skip breakfast in general. On the occasion I do eat breakfast at home its usually plain oatmeal (no milk or sugar) with raisins and some honey.

No offense, but I never understood why people change their habits when on the road. Hotel breakfasts offer oatmeal and fruit. I tried their omelet, sausage stuff once and had a tummy ache all day. Not sure if it was the meal or sitting in the car all day though. Probably both. :)

No offense, but I never understood why people change their habits when on the road. Hotel breakfasts offer oatmeal and fruit. I tried their omelet, sausage stuff once and had a tummy ache all day. Not sure if it was the meal or sitting in the car all day though. Probably both. :)
I guess its just me but I lose any semblance of self control when I travel- going into the hotel restaurant in the morning when greeted by a cook who asks you how you like your eggs done, trays filled with crispy bacon, potato hash, ham, pancakes, french toast, heaping plates of croissants, danish, English muffins plus unlimited milk, yogurt, fresh fruit juice, cheese and all that and you expect me to just eat oatmeal when Im surrounded by all of that?! :2razz:

sGB6s5c.jpg

I guess its just me but I lose any semblance of self control when I travel- going into the hotel restaurant in the morning when greeted by a cook who asks you how you like your eggs done, trays filled with crispy bacon, potato hash, ham, pancakes, french toast, heaping plates of croissants, danish, English muffins plus unlimited milk, yogurt, fresh fruit juice, cheese and all that and you expect me to just eat oatmeal when Im surrounded by all of that?! :2razz:

sGB6s5c.jpg

14049f7858abd27316f8d0fcace3e6dd.jpg

I've had similar omelets, and yes, they are very good.

Back
Top Bottom