• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside Trump's two days of fury - CNN today[W:21]

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Inside Trump's 48 hours of fury - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump started 2018 in a fury partly fueled by anger at his legal team for offering shifting timelines about when the Russia investigation would end, according to two sources familiar with the President's mindset.

The anger continued until midday Wednesday as Trump helped draft his blistering break-up letter to former chief strategist Steve Bannon, who offered a scathing attack on Trump and his family's handling of the Russia investigation.

That followed his taunting tweet Tuesday evening directed at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, which caught many top administration officials off guard and prompted renewed worry among staff and allies about whether the President fully comprehends the risks he's taking in provoking adversaries. After Trump's North Korea broadside, aides inside the White House reached out to some of Trump's allies seen as having influence over the President to talk to him about his tweets and the risks they carry.
It's a bitter shift for a President who, just days ago, merrily rang in the New Year at his Florida resort dancing alongside a party-hatted first lady to Gloria Gaynor's persistence anthem "I Will Survive" and told The New York Times he felt special counsel Robert Mueller would treat him "fairly." Trump, who always loves his time at Mar a Lago, is readjusting to life in an icy Washington where the Russia probe looms and global flashpoints test his leadership skills with sometimes harrowing results.

This account of Trump's explosive first days of 2018 is based on interviews Wednesday with a dozen White House officials, lawmakers and other Republicans. It depicts a volatile President intent as ever on shaking the country's political norms, even as he faces crucial deadlines in the coming weeks on immigration and government funding.
===================================================================================================
Lingering Russia collusion probe, Bannon in new book, saber rattling directed at North Korea - 2018 is shaping up to be very unpleasant for Donald Trump... and likely the rest of us as well. For a man used to being in control, he must find control over events slipping away from him.

Last edited:
Re: Inside Trump's two days of fury - CNN today

The New Year is starting off bad for trump...I'm hoping it will get worse for him...He should resign

Inside Trump's 48 hours of fury - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump started 2018 in a fury partly fueled by anger at his legal team for offering shifting timelines about when the Russia investigation would end, according to two sources familiar with the President's mindset.

The anger continued until midday Wednesday as Trump helped draft his blistering break-up letter to former chief strategist Steve Bannon, who offered a scathing attack on Trump and his family's handling of the Russia investigation.

That followed his taunting tweet Tuesday evening directed at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, which caught many top administration officials off guard and prompted renewed worry among staff and allies about whether the President fully comprehends the risks he's taking in provoking adversaries. After Trump's North Korea broadside, aides inside the White House reached out to some of Trump's allies seen as having influence over the President to talk to him about his tweets and the risks they carry.
It's a bitter shift for a President who, just days ago, merrily rang in the New Year at his Florida resort dancing alongside a party-hatted first lady to Gloria Gaynor's persistence anthem "I Will Survive" and told The New York Times he felt special counsel Robert Mueller would treat him "fairly." Trump, who always loves his time at Mar a Lago, is readjusting to life in an icy Washington where the Russia probe looms and global flashpoints test his leadership skills with sometimes harrowing results.

This account of Trump's explosive first days of 2018 is based on interviews Wednesday with a dozen White House officials, lawmakers and other Republicans. It depicts a volatile President intent as ever on shaking the country's political norms, even as he faces crucial deadlines in the coming weeks on immigration and government funding.
===================================================================================================
Lingering Russia collusion probe, Bannon in new book, saber rattling directed at North Korea - 2018 is shaping up to be very unpleasant for Donald Trump... and likely the rest of us as well. For a man used to being in control, he must find control over events slipping away from him.

Trump is imploding. Let's break his nuclear button before it's too late.

The New Year is starting off bad for trump...I'm hoping it will get worse for him...He should resign

I agree. He has no qualifications for the office. Bannon had to explain the 25th A to him. That's in the Constitution that he pledged to protect when he was sworn in: "will to the best of his ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.". I think that means that you've at least read it. But I heard that when they tried to explain the Constitution to him, his 15-minute attention span gave out at the 4th A.

Last edited:

I agree. He has no qualifications for the office. Bannon had to explain the 25th A to him. That's in the Constitution that he pledged to protect when he was sworn in.

trump should resign for his family...Melania hates being the "first lady"....Let her go back to her Multi Million dollar apartment in New York City.....And young Barron hates his father, let him find a nice foster family to raise him right...Do it for the kid Donald

More ass hurt lefties... :roll:

Color me surprised. :roll:

And now for the four hundred and seventy fifth attempt to get Trump to resign... :monkey

You will get more done in a day playing donkey kong. :lamo

Trump is not going any were but up your azzes. :2wave:

trump should resign for his family...Melania hates being the "first lady"....Let her go back to her Multi Million dollar apartment in New York City.....And young Barron hates his father, let him find a nice foster family to raise him right...Do it for the kid Donald

He should resign for his health. But that means Pence would become Homophobe-in-Chief.

And now for the four hundred and seventy fifth attempt to get Trump to resign... :monkey

Are you Sarah HuckFin Sandbags?...Out to defend trump?.......From that evil Steve Bannon?....LOL

Why am I not surprised that you have received so few Likes?

Why am I not surprised that you have received so few Likes?

He seems angry...and confused....Blaming "lefties"...Yet it was old Alt Right Steve Bannon doing the ass kicking on trump today....

Are you Sarah HuckFin Sandbags?...

One thing you can say about her is that she's a lot of woman.

I really really really need to see the video of him dancing with Melania to "I Will Survive"

Please, is there a link!!!

.Yet it was old Alt Right Steve Bannon doing the ass kicking on trump today....

Have you read Bannon's bio? What a man. Beat up his wife, then intimidated her so that she was afraid to show up in court to testify against him.

Have you read Bannon's bio? What a man. Beat up his wife, then intimidated her so that she was afraid to show up in court to testify against him.

Yes he is a horrible man for sure...But today I will forgive him (for one day) and let him bash trump with my full blessing...Go Steve Go!

Yes he is a horrible man for sure...But today I will forgive him (for one day) and let him bash trump with my full blessing...Go Steve Go!

The video of him getting in his stretch SUV after Moore lost in AL was priceless. You could almost see the steam coming out of his ears!

My....sounds almost Trumpian

I don't think birdshot farmer has much to say.

I think he is one of those low-information voters that I saw in their trailer parks along the interstate highways here in PA.

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is in the Breaking News forums. As such, the expectation is to discuss the story in the OP.

So stop the personal comments and flame baiting if you want to stay in the thread. Posts from here on out need to be obviously connected to the story in the OP.

*Moderation is still possible on posts made before this warning.

This thread is funny ... no, really, it is ... :lamo

A Democrat won the Senate seat in Alabama to end 2017. You know this is going to be a good year.

A match made in heaven.

Two psychopaths (oops excuse my diagnosis :2razz:) just getting along...until they don't .

Who would ever think that this is where our democracy would lead us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom