• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Germany the Reichs-Bürger deny the existence of the Federal Republic of Germany

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Have you heard of them?

Members of the Reichsbürger movement deny the existence of Germany's post-Worls War 2 Federal Republic. They believe the current state is no more than an administrative construct still occupied by the Western powers — the US, the UK and France. For them, the German Empire founded in 1871 still exists and so do Germany's pre-WW2 borders.

What Wiki says:

Reichsbürgerbewegung ("Reich Citizens' Movement") or Reichsbürger ("Reich Citizen(s)", the German word is the same in singular and in plural) is a label for several anticonstitutional/revisionist groups and individuals in Germany and elsewhere who reject the legitimacy of the modern German state, the Federal Republic of Germany, in favour of the German Empire.

One typical claim is that the German Reich[1] continues to exist in its pre-World War II borders, and that it is now governed by one of the Reichsbürger groups.

Several incidents with violent members of the movement and illegal weapons depots earned the movement the attention of the media and the German authorities.[2]: 20–21  The German authorities estimate that 21,000 people belong to the movement in Germany, as of July 2021

20,000? That's mildly amusing. I'll start worrying when it's 20,000,000.

We would, however, sooner see the Turkish population in Germany reaching 20 million than those Reichsburgers. Maybe that's what they mean when they speak of "Empire" - an Islamic empire? :)

Basically its a well armed German Right Wing terrorist group, not disimilar for a hundred over here. I read the link, and followed it until this final paragraph

"
Germany is just a company: Finally, the "Reichsbürger" hold on to the theory that Germany is just a limited liability company and that its inhabitants are just its employees. They often refer to the "Bundesrepublik Deutschland GmbH" (Federal Republic of Germany limited liability company).

This company does indeed exist, but as the property of the federal government, it actually takes care of its money and capital market transactions, as the imprint states. Also, its founding date is not shortly before reunification on August 29, 1990, as is often noted, but rather at the end of 2000."

I don't know how they make this leap, and there is no explanation of where they get this reunification date at the end of 2000? Does it refer to the end of the year 2000, or the end of the century and what is the rational behind it's choice?

I don't know how they make this leap, and there is no explanation of where they get this reunification date at the end of 2000? Does it refer to the end of the year 2000, or the end of the century and what is the rational behind it's choice?
I think there is just no rational behind it what-so-ever.

Here is some info for the photo above:

Far-right extremists tried to storm the German parliament building on Saturday following a protest against the country’s pandemic restrictions, but were intercepted by police and forcibly removed.

The incident occurred after a daylong demonstration by tens of thousands of people opposed to the wearing of masks and other government measures intended to stop the spread of the new coronavirus. Police ordered the protesters to disband halfway through their march around Berlin after participants refused to observe physical distancing rules, but a rally near the capital’s iconic Brandenburg Gate took place as planned.

Footage of the incident showed hundreds of people, some waving the flag of the German Reich of 1871-1918 and other far-right banners, running toward the Reichstag building and up the stairs.

Yes, they look dangerous...

View attachment 67428785

... what's with the Russian flag though? Aren't they supposed to consider Slavic people as Untermenschen or something?
This group above does not gel with the demographics, They are too young.

From the link "Germany's domestic intelligence agency, the Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV), estimated in 2022 that there are around 23,000 "Reichsbürger" in Germany, with 5% of them classified as far-right extremists.

Most are male. On average they are over 50 years old and ascribe to right-wing populist, antisemitic and Nazi ideologies and are spread out throughout the country. A district court judge in Saxony-Anhalt has described them as "conspiracy theorists" and "malcontents."

I think the picture above is from August 2020.

This group above does not gel with the demographics, They are too young.
I think those crowd were not typical Reichsbürger really, but protesters about COVID-vaccination etc etc

I think those crowd were not typical Reichsbürger really, but protesters about COVID-vaccination etc etc
So what you had was a group of old and middle aged Nazi men collecting weapons and trading conspiracy theories while waiting for their heart attacks and strokes to take them away, who had the good fortune of seeing their views rejuvenate with a new generation eager to protest govt authority, thanks to masks, vaccines and lockdowns. There may be no end to this unforseen coalition of interests for you guys. Oh Happy Day!

... what's with the Russian flag though?
Surprisingly the German far right has sympathies with Russia. They probably think: "Russia is an enemy of NATO, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend ....."

It can be noted, that the crowd does not show any flags of the Third Reich. But flags of the Second Reich, the Kaiser-Reich can be seen. These flags are not illegal, but may sometimes serve as a cover-up for Third-Reich flags.

@ flags

It is also worth noting, that there are no black-red-gold flags in the picture above.
Black-red-gold can be seen as a symbol for democracy in Germany, going back to the black-red-gold flags of the democratic revolution in Germany in 1848/49 that failed, unfortunately.

I thought the AfD was the right wing party there.

You are right.
Did anybody say otherwise?

No. These guys you posted about want a return to the Kaiser Willy era? Pointy helmets and all?

Yes, they look dangerous...

View attachment 67428785

... what's with the Russian flag though? Aren't they supposed to consider Slavic people as Untermenschen or something?
Russia has been funding several right wing movements around the world.

Those "Reichsbürger" and the AfD are not one and the same.

Those "Reichsbürger" and the AfD are not one and the same.
There's probably some crossover, as in some of the looniest AfD supporters probably symphatise with or even are Reichsbürger.

does germany exist?

Back
Top Bottom