• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In apparent shot at Trump, Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/americas/pope-walls-panama/index.html

"In apparent shot at Trump, Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide"

Pope Francis has taken another shot at wall-building politicians, telling thousands of Catholics in Panama gathered for World Youth Day that "builders of walls sow fear" and "divide people."

"We know that the father of lies, the devil, prefers a community divided and bickering," Francis told a crowd of tens of thousands of youth Thursday night at a seaside park in Panama City.

I am a former practicing RC who left the church because this pope can't seem to keep his divisive politics to himself.
How dare this pope talk about the father of lies, the devil, who the church has protected for decades by turning the blind eye to child molestation and pedophilia.

Having been to the Vatican City, I'd say Frank doesn't have a lot of room to talk.

Pope Francis has taken another shot at wall-building politicians, telling thousands of Catholics in Panama gathered for World Youth Day that "builders of walls sow fear" and "divide people."

"We know that the father of lies, the devil, prefers a community divided and bickering," Francis told a crowd of tens of thousands of youth Thursday night at a seaside park in Panama City.

I am a former practicing RC who left the church because this pope can't seem to keep his divisive politics to himself.
How dare this pope talk about the father of lies, the devil, who the church has protected for decades by turning the blind eye to child molestation and pedophilia.

I didn't even know it was Trump behind the child molestation and pedophilia. I though you had to be a Catholic to participate. Thanks for clearing that up.
\/

Pope Francis...tear down that wall!! (around the Vatican)

Having been to the Vatican City, I'd say Frank doesn't have a lot of room to talk.

I don't agree with the sentiment, but I know a well-written joke when I see it. :thumbs:

So what you are saying is that you stuck with the church through decades of . molestation cover ups and conspiracies, but a pope who has some liberal ideas changed hour faith???

I really don't k ow how to wrap brain around that...

So what you are saying is that you stuck with the church through decades of . molestation cover ups and conspiracies, but a pope who has some liberal ideas changed hour faith???

Very good point! This Pope isn't playing Politics. This Pope is representing the true Christian perspective.

No, that's what YOU"RE saying...

Pope Francis...tear down that wall!! (around the Vatican)

Yeah, people who live in glass houses.
And I'm not just talking about the wall which surrounds his house.

I don't believe you.

You do know that to enter Vatican City, all you have to do is step over a painted line in the street.

No border control, no passport stamping, just a line on the street.

If you went as a tourist you got in through one of the many entry points. The wall is ancient and no longer needed to keep people out as it once was. when it did it was to keep Muslim pirate raiders and Romans out.

You do know that to enter Vatican City, all you have to do is step over a painted line in the street.

You've got to wonder. Are these people are actually elevating the morality of Trump over that of this Pope?

The Pope lives behind walls.

Father Almighty, tear down that wall.

Given how many times Rome has been sacked over the years.....doesn’t look like walls helped them any :lamo

The Vatican city, yes. It's open to St Peter's square. If you want to see anything else you pay for the museum or need to knock over a Swiss guard

If you went as a tourist you got in through one of the many entry points. The wall is ancient and no longer needed to keep people out as it once was. when it did it was to keep Muslim pirate raiders and Romans out.
I thought walls don't work? Did Muslims and Romans not have ladder technology or didn't they have shovels and tunnel technology?

His Holiness should concentrate on the situation in Italy, where the people have clearly indicated that they prefer that migrants go elsewhere.

His Holiness has no business lecturing to Americans, even obliquely.

And, yes, the Vatican could accommodate thousands of migrants. His Holiness could turn the papal apartments over to some migrant families, and he could stay in more modest quarters.

Matthew 7

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Pope Francis should just concentrate on his own problem: finding and uprooting the cabal of perverts hiding behind confessionals, in sacristy closets....... and underneath tabernacles of every Catholic church all over the world.

And, let's not get too reckless with our statements.
He, himself, has a big "wall" to build - preventing more perverts from entering priesthood.
As the shepherd of God, his main responsibility is looking after the sheep in his care.
Wolves are inside the pen for God knows how long - and they've not only hurt, but had driven countless of sheep scampering out to be lost in the wilds.

Leave the running of nations to nations' leaders.

Last edited:
Anyway.....I'm curious. Can anyone cite.

Is there anything in the Bible that says you should not stop immigrants from coming in?

All the verses I'd read so far only talks about the foreigner or stranger who's already living with the Jews.

In fact, several verses give that distinction. "The foreigner residing among you."

But....."boundaries" are mentioned in the Bible. Like these ones:

Deut 19
"You shall not move your neighbor's boundary mark, which the ancestors have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the LORD your God gives you to possess.

Acts 17:26
and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

Joshua 22:25
"For the LORD has made the Jordan a border between us and you, you sons of Reuben and sons of Gad; you have no portion in the LORD." So your sons may make our sons stop fearing the LORD.'

Hosea 5:10
The princes of Judah have become like those who move a boundary; On them I will pour out My wrath like water.

Last edited:
Very good point! This Pope isn't playing Politics. This Pope is representing the true Christian perspective.

With his statement about walls? Not playing politics?

Boundaries? Building walls, against the Bible?
That's what those who hardly understands the Bible thinks......

A nation's leader's responsibility is looking after the people in his nation, same as that the church leader's
responsibility is looking after the sheep in his own pen!

There's a verse in the Scriptures too, about minding your own business. :lol:

The Pope should also realize the magnitude of his position, world-wide.
By making statements like that - he's also stoking divisiveness. How many debates like this do you think is happening? Around the dinner table? families ending up squabbling over it?
If he thinks it's the devil's works, then he's falling right into it!

Furthermore, if a nation wants to build walls around its own boundaries........ it's none of his holy business.

Why, oh why, is he jumping into the fray? This isn't the first time.

Last edited:

Wonder why they built walls when the left says they dont work.

Considering the Pope's background, not a surprise, just disappointing...

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom