• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Illinois] Illinois legislature passes recreational cannabis bill

I seem to recall seeing ads in Colorado. Print? Outdoor signage? I don’t recall.

Primarily the concern is underage kids.

But the point of advertising is to increase users, and I don’t think that’s necessarily a great thing.

In Chicago, we already have billboards for medicinal dispensaries.

Since legalization, it has become much more difficult for kids to get marijuana, because the black market is virtually gone. They have to made do with mommy's oxycodone.

Testing positive for marijuana was cause for being fired on most big construction jobs I have worked on for the last 3 decades. That is not because it was against the law but because it impaired workers and put their fellow workers in danger of harm in accidents. The same thing is true about increases of dangers of accidents in automobile driving. To hell with the arguments which seek to lie about those dangers associated with marijuana use.

Testing can tell if one is a user within the last month or so. Your post here does nothing to change the bogus "study" you cited earlier.

No one is lying about the dangers of any impairment while driving, marke. I'm just telling you that you are very much mistaken about which is more dangerous, alcohol or cannabis. I don't recommend driving under the influence of either. Is that clear enough?

Still waiting for you to prove that claim about shooting deaths vs marijuana-related deaths. Your silence is very loud.

:waiting:

Only a buffoon would try to legalize pot which is responsible for the accidental deaths of more Americans each year than die in gun violence.
Only far worse than buffoons would criminalize such a relatively low-harm activity, ruining young lives with criminal records.

Jesus was not a pot-head, in spite of the devil's lies to the contrary.

Actually according to some ancient scrolls found with the dead Sea scrolls he was a psychedelic mushroom user.

There is a LOT more history left out of your king James interpretation than was included.

You have the cliff notes version...

And be subjected to the strong possibility of that red state's law enforcement stopping you on your way home. The routes in and out of Illinois will become cherry patches for the troopers in neighboring states, just as it was for the states surrounding Colorado. Be careful!

You may have noticed the law says Illinois residents...

Only a buffoon would try to legalize pot which is responsible for the accidental deaths of more Americans each year than die in gun violence.

Only a fool would make such a moronic comment.

Not one person in the history of the world has ever died from ingesting marijuana...

The feeling of floating and uninhibited motion experienced by users of marijuana is one thing that Leary cited as evidence for the purpose of the "higher" four circuits.

Timothy Leary - Wikipedia

Yes, Leary was a notorious acid freak who spent almost as much time welcomed by colleges as a reputable expert promoting psychedelic drugs as he did in prisons around the world for his multiple crimes. He was known to have seen the inside of no less than 36 different jails in his sordid lifetime. He is now in prison in hell and will not be getting out.

I can guarantee you Timothy Leary was by far more spiritual than you will ever be...

maybe it will put pressure on my backwards red state to have a pot legal state next to it.

Bill Maher joked Friday that now that Missouri is closing their last abortion clinic Republicans in Missouri are going to have to send their mistresses to Illinois for their abortions.

Thirty percent of driver deaths are attributable at least in part to marijuana use. That is about 10,000 deaths per year, the same approximate number of deaths related to deliberate gun murders of innocent victims.

Where is your proof? Don't cite that same study, please. We've already established their bias.

And where is the proof for your claim that marijuana causes more deaths than shootings in America? Don't reply at all until you can either back up that claim or admit you made it up.

Stop dodging.

Given the State of Illinois’ track record on efficiency, I wonder what the odds are of seeing actual retail sales on Jan 1st.

Between licensure, permitting, and liscensing growers, I’m wondering if it might take a whole lot longer.

You may have noticed the law says Illinois residents...

Does that even apply for recreational dispensaries? The way it works here in Colorado is for recreational, anyone can walk in and make a purchase if they are of age. For medical dispensaries, you have to see a doctor, get a "card," and show that with your ID. (The advantage there is price. The taxes don't apply to medical users.)

I also know that in Nevada, where recreational use has also been legalized, you don't have to be a Nevada resident. There's a dispensary in Mesquite, NV just over the border from Utah, and on any given day, I'm told, about 80% of the cars in their parking lot have Utah plates.

If Illinois is restricting it only to state residents, that would be different from how other states are handling it.

Does that even apply for recreational dispensaries? The way it works here in Colorado is for recreational, anyone can walk in and make a purchase if they are of age. For medical dispensaries, you have to see a doctor, get a "card," and show that with your ID. (The advantage there is price. The taxes don't apply to medical users.)

I also know that in Nevada, where recreational use has also been legalized, you don't have to be a Nevada resident. There's a dispensary in Mesquite, NV just over the border from Utah, and on any given day, I'm told, about 80% of the cars in their parking lot have Utah plates.

If Illinois is restricting it only to state residents, that would be different from how other states are handling it.

No- the law is that the amounts of possession for IL nonresidents are cut in half (15 g flower, 250mg concentrate, etc).

Where is your proof? Don't cite that same study, please. We've already established their bias.

And where is the proof for your claim that marijuana causes more deaths than shootings in America? Don't reply at all until you can either back up that claim or admit you made it up.

Stop dodging.

Statistics can be misleading. Let's just agree that smoking marijuana has led to thousands of highway deaths. How many thousands seems immaterial at this point.

Didn't your god supposedly create all plants an animals? Does that not include the cannabis or hemp plants?

Its definitely an "herb bearing seed" which is on the list of things for Adam to use.

Statistics can be misleading. Let's just agree that smoking marijuana has led to thousands of highway deaths. How many thousands seems immaterial at this point.

EPIC FAIL, both on providing proof and on admitting you had none to begin with. People who can't or won't admit it when they're wrong have no honor.

Back
Top Bottom