• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the NRA owns Republicans, Planned Parenthood owns Democrats

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The double standard is clear: When Democrats work on behalf of a special interest that aborts millions of children, they are doing so from a place of conscience and ideological purity. When Republicans argue in favor of Second Amendment rights, it is because they have been bought off by a disfavored lobbying group looking to profit from carnage. (Or as comedian Jimmy Kimmel diplomatically put it, the NRA has the GOP’s “balls in a money clip.”)

Evidently, the NRA is the only special interest group that owns a testicular entrapment device. Rare are the stories exposing the money spent electing Democrats by unions, trial lawyers or environmental groups — all of which outspend the NRA year after year. In fact, since 2012, Planned Parenthood alone has donated virtually the same amount ($2.6 million) to individual candidates as the NRA ($2.7 million).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...mocrats-christian-schneider-column/372679002/

I am curious to why Planned Parenthood gets a free pass from the media. They are spending about $20 million for a Big Abortion campaign against Trump/Republicans. How is being bought by the NRA a bad thing yet being bought by PP a good thing?

IMO it is hypocritical to say someone is bought by the NRA yet stay silent when many leftist politicians are raking in tons of donations from this controversial organization that still performs partial-birth abortions (which is illegal) and sells human body parts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...mocrats-christian-schneider-column/372679002/

I am curious to why Planned Parenthood gets a free pass from the media. They are spending about $20 million for a Big Abortion campaign against Trump/Republicans. How is being bought by the NRA a bad thing yet being bought by PP a good thing?

IMO it is hypocritical to say someone is bought by the NRA yet stay silent when many leftist politicians are raking in tons of donations from this controversial organization that still performs partial-birth abortions (which is illegal) and sells human body parts.

Just because the pot is black doesn't mean the kettle isn't.

I think politicians on both sided of the aisle have "their balls in a money clip" don't you?

By the way, what the hell is a "Big Abortion" campaign?

Why do you call it a Big Abortion campaign?

What health provider provides the most abortions, legal or illegal, in the United States?

Just like when McDonald's rolled its Big Mac campaign or Pizza Hut Bigfoot campaign, Planned Parenthood is rolling out a big abortion campaign.

What health provider provides the most abortions, legal or illegal, in the United States?

Just like when McDonald's rolled its Big Mac campaign or Pizza Hut Bigfoot campaign, Planned Parenthood is rolling out a big abortion campaign.

Well, most of what Planned Parenthood is not abortions. They offer services that are difficult to get (due to location and appointment availability) at FQHC.

Planned Parenthood is not advertising abortions. Most of their services are not abortion.

McDonalds is selling hamburgers. They advertise changes in their burgers to lure more customers in so they can profit.

Well, most of what Planned Parenthood is not abortions. They offer services that are difficult to get (due to location and appointment availability) at FQHC.

Planned Parenthood is not advertising abortions. Most of their services are not abortion.

McDonalds is selling hamburgers. They advertise changes in their burgers to lure more customers in so they can profit.

I'll ask my question again:

You got own word right: profits.

I'll ask my question again:

You got own word right: profits.

Yes McDonalds is in it for profits. Planned Parenthood is not.

This is an odd comparison and I'm not sure it's valid. The reason (although they'll swear it's not the reason) democrats are so adamant about funding PP is because it's substantially cutting down on minority births that would increase the number of people in poverty. Right now, even with PP, more than 70% of black babies are born to single mothers, which weighs heavily on the taxpayer. Democrats understand that we cannot promote mass breeding of poor people because it would destroy our economic system. Republicans (most of them) understand that, too, which is why we still fund PP.

Gun control is just a bunch of liberals making loud noises. But, not all democrats support gun control measures, and our Constitution supports gun rights, so it's unlikely we'll ever see much change in that area. We'll see small changes, and they'll be implemented and then reversed, depending on which way the political pendulum sways, but we'll never see big changes because SCOTUS will boot them out.

I know people in both parties who are pro-gun and also pro-abortion.

I am curious to why Planned Parenthood gets a free pass from the media.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF THE MEDIA IN THIS NATION? And why we have a Constitutionally guaranteed Freedom Of The Press? It is a "check" on Government Power, to expose the evil manipulations of politicians seeking to turn the nation into a dictatorship. And so the evidence is clear: It is mostly Republicans who seek that kind of power, and seek to throttle the Press. By far the majority of Republican scandals involve the mis-use of money and power, and hurt millions of people at a time. But Democrats generally don't bother the Press, despite their own scandals (typically invoving sex and/or drugs, and hurt just a few people), and so the Press rewards them, after a fashion. (Yes, some Republicans do sex scandals, too, but they often take a back seat to the money/power scandals of other Republicans.)

They are spending about $20 million for a Big Abortion campaign against Trump/Republicans.
IF YOU BAN ALL ORGANIZATION/CORPORATE CAMPAIGN DONATIONS, guess which party will probably own the Senate and the House and the White House?

How is being bought by the NRA a bad thing yet being bought by PP a good thing?
OLD JOKE: "We have the finest government that money can buy." Anyway, I personally am pro-gun, so I have nothing more against the NRA than, perhaps, just like other organizations, they shouldn't be doing campaign donations. This nation's government needs to be more responsive to the majority of the People, not the minority with wealth.

What's wrong with a political campaign that is in the best interests of individual women and overall society?

Can you name one negative effect of abortion on society?

I can list plenty of positive effects.

What's wrong with a political campaign that is in the best interests of individual women and overall society?

I can list plenty of positive effects.

Dismembering a fetus inside a womb has no benefit to society. Not only is it inhumane, it is illegal.

Dismembering a fetus inside a womb has no benefit to society. Not only is it inhumane, it is illegal.

It's not inhumane...your willful ignorance rears its ugly head once more.

You have been told that such late term abortions only occur out of medical necessity and that anesthetic injection is given to the fetus so it feels nothing.

Can you only discuss dishonestly?

And obviously you were unable to answer the question :mrgreen::

Lursa said:

I think politicians on both sided of the aisle have "their balls in a money clip" don't you?

By the way, what the hell is a "Big Abortion" campaign?

If my memory serves, Planned Parenthood does everything it can to PREVENT the need for abortions in the first place.

Ya know, condoms and what-not.

In a similar fashion, the NRA actually does everything it can to PREVENT accidental firearms deaths in the first place.

Ya know, with safety and gun handling training courses and what-not.

It's not inhumane...your willful ignorance rears its ugly head once more.

You have been told that such late term abortions only occur out of medical necessity and that anesthetic injection is given to the fetus so it feels nothing.

Can you only discuss dishonestly?

And obviously you were unable to answer the question :mrgreen::

It is illegal Lursa.

An Intact D&E is definition of torture.

It is illegal Lursa.

And it doesnt happen. Somehow you blindly answered a question about effects on society with an illegal procedure. :doh

You lied about it being inhumane (doesnt happen, zero pain) and now you still avoid the question I asked, again.

Lursa said:

Can you answer it?

Last edited:
It is illegal Lursa.

An intact D and E means removing a dead fetus intact ( not in pierces ) .

They are legal in cases of miscarriage or if the fetus is dead.

From Wiki

Patients who are experiencing a miscarriage or who have fetuses diagnosed with severe congenital anomalies may prefer an intact procedure to allow for viewing of the remains, grieving, and achieving closure.[3][4] In cases where an autopsy is requested, an intact procedure allows for a more complete examination of the remains.

Last edited:
A STUPID LIE. Especially since you used the word "fetus" generically, and didn't specify "human fetus". So, tell us that it is bad to dismember a rat fetus, or a mouse fetus, or a skunk fetus ... and then explain why you are not exhibiting Stupid Prejudice to say it is OK to kill those other fetuses, but not human fetuses.

MORE ON THE STUPID LIE: Society benefits from not having to pay for unwanted children. Did you not see this news of victorious abortion opponents in the 1980's Romania? Most of the kids in those orphanages were put there because the government insisted they must be born!

STILL MORE ON THE STUPID LIE. You seem to have forgotten that I explained how there need be no "inhumane"-ness associated with dismembering a human fetus. SO: (1) There are no nerves in the unbilical cord, which means it can be cut completely painlessly. (2) Cutting the cord stops the supply of oxygen to the fetus. (3) Without oxygen the developing brain will shut down in less than 30 seconds, also painlessly. (4) Without oxygen for an extended time (on the order of 10 minutes), a shut-down fetal brain will die, also painlessly because still shut down. (5) It cannot be inhumane to dismember a dead fetus! When will you stop blathering your Stupid Lie?

4TH THING ABOUT STUPID LIE: Abortion is legal!!!!

Last edited:
And it doesnt happen. Somehow you blindly answered a question about effects on society with an illegal procedure. :doh

You lied about it being inhumane (doesnt happen, zero pain) and now you still avoid the question I asked, again.

Can you answer it?

It takes a village to raise a child. The mother is never alone. Society has her back. The question is, does abortions actually correct a person's mistake or behavior? It does not.

Abortions increase the crime rate, increases rapes, increases violence against women. Do you want more?

It takes a village to raise a child. The mother is never alone. Society has her back. The question is, does abortions actually correct a person's mistake or behavior? It does not.

Abortions increase the crime rate, increases rapes, increases violence against women. Do you want more?

Of course I want more because the bold is a complete lie. Please source all of that.

It actually does the opposite.

(and the first part is completely irrelevant. But society DOES pay $$$$ in public assistance and crime and juvenile delinquency and kids that get less opportunities in life and continue the cycle....kids born into socio-economically challenged homes are at a much higher risk of all these things...harming society)

So you didnt tell me any negatives on abortion at all. Zero.

Like I said, the bold is completely wrong.

Is it dishonesty that plagues you, or is it a form of ignorance that isn’t your fault?

An intact D and E means removing a dead fetus intact ( not in pierces ) .

They are legal in cases of miscarriage or if the fetus is dead.

From Wiki

This damning video proves otherwise:

Well its all stupid and dishonest just like your post above.
millions of republicans support womans rights and abortion
millions of democrats have guns and support gun rights
:shrug:

This damning video proves.....]

It proves you do not know the difference between a dismemberment D and E and an intact D and E.

The D in D and E stands for dilation ( not dismemberment ). Dialation means the stretching of cervix and the E stands for evacuation. D&E also sometimes called dilation and extraction)

You made the mistake of calling the D and E dismemberment abortion and intact D and E.

As I said intact DAnd E means there was no dismemberment .... the fetus is removed whole in an intact D and E.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom