• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Mueller Indicts Putin before Visit

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It appears that Trump has just given a hand with four aces to Robert Mueller. Trump has announced that an invitation to the White House has been extended to Putin for a possible Fall visit. The timing of that with the November midterm elections is obvious.

What happens if Mueller acts on the public confession of Putin that he did act to help Trump get elected and did direct his agencies to help him by indicting him right along with the two dozen underlings that have already been indicted by the Grand Jury?

Reuters reporter Jeff Mason asked on Monday,
“President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?”

and the immediate Putin answer to both parts of the question
“Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.–Russia relationship back to normal.”

Notice that he did not simply say "yes I did" but replied twice that he did because the question had two parts. YES, Putin admitted that he wanted to help Trump win the election, and YES Putin admitted that he directed Russian officials to help in that effort.

After all, if Putin admits he gave the orders, is he not also criminally culpable?

And what then happens if they announce a Putin state visit for mid October and Mueller gets a Grand Jury indictment of Putin the week before? Does Putin risk arrest when he comes to America? Would hundreds of thousands of citizens - perhaps even millions take to the street demanding such action?

Would both Trump and Putin risk such a thing?

Or would Putin be protected against such an action?

Last edited:
Nothing will happen to Putin by Mueller. Putin is a foreign dignitary who will have full diplomatic immunity. Mueller can't touch him.

Besides, do you really want to start a world war? Arresting the leader of a foreign country, particularly one that is powerful, would be a sure fired way to start one. Regardless if such an arrest is warranted or not.

Mueller will not indict Putin. Putin will visit, as invited, and you'll survive it. We all will.

Nothing will happen to Putin by Mueller. Putin is a foreign dignitary who will have full diplomatic immunity. Mueller can't touch him.

Besides, do you really want to start a world war? Arresting the leader of a foreign country, particularly one that is powerful, would be a sure fired way to start one. Regardless if such an arrest is warranted or not.

I was wondering about that. this from the wikipedia entry on Manuel Noriega

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Noriega

In 1988, Noriega was indicted by federal grand juries in Miami and Tampa on charges of racketeering, drug smuggling, and money laundering. Following the 1989 U.S. invasion of Panama, he was captured and flown to the United States, where he was tried on the Miami indictment. The trial, lasting from September 1991 to April 1992, ended with Noriega's conviction on most of the charges. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison, and ultimately served 17 years after a reduction in his sentence and time off for good behavior. Noriega's U.S. prison sentence ended in September 2007. In 2010, Noriega was extradited to France, where he was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment for money laundering. In 2011 France extradited him to Panama, where he was incarcerated for crimes committed during his rule.

What is the difference between Noriega and Putin in this regard?

Mueller will not indict Putin. Putin will visit, as invited, and you'll survive it. We all will.

And why would Putin not be indicted when he has already publicly admitted his guilt to the world? Or do we simply indict the lower underlings who carry out the orders but not the leaders who give those same orders?

And why would Putin not be indicted when he has already publicly admitted his guilt to the world? Or do we simply indict the lower underlings who carry out the orders but not the leaders who give those same orders?

We don't indict foreign leaders. Likewise, they don't indict our President. Mueller's indictments of foreign nationals right now is just a dog-and-pony show. They'll never stand trial.

If there was a real cause, the ICC could indict.

But of course, there is not.

We don't indict foreign leaders. Likewise, they don't indict our President. Mueller's indictments of foreign nationals right now is just a dog-and-pony show. They'll never stand trial.

The Noriega indictment and trial proves that is not true.

True, I'd forgotten about that one -- but Noriega was indicted on actual crimes -- "collusion" (if it even happened) is not a crime, in itself. Other factors must have been present -- and to date -- they've not be discovered.

True, I'd forgotten about that one -- but Noriega was indicted on actual crimes -- "collusion" (if it even happened) is not a crime, in itself. Other factors must have been present -- and to date -- they've not be discovered.

Glad you see the Noriega example proves otherwise.

If the Grand Jury indicts, it will be for actual crimes. After all, the Russians indicted already did commit actual crimes. Is not the order to commit those crimes also the commission of a crime since without that order there would be no underlings actually committing the crimes in the first place?

Last edited:

The Left is becoming more dangerous every day with their hate for Trump.

And the law distinguishes between those two things?

I suspect it does not .

Well, that's a good idea, isn't it?

Let's uphold the law and trigger a nuclear winter.

Well, that's a good idea, isn't it?

Let's uphold the law and trigger a nuclear winter.

Those would be political considerations independent from American justice.

Foreign leaders ordinarily do not admit committing crimes against the United States and then come here for a visit.

Foreign leaders ordinarily do not admit committing crimes against the United States and then come here for a visit.

Exactly. If somebody robs your bank account of lots of money via cyber theft, do you invite them over for dinner to congratulate them on their success? :doh:roll:

Notice how the Right or whoever some of these people are tries to NORMALIZE the American disaster in Helsinki. "Its all OK. Nothing is wrong. We will survive". COW DUNG. That was a raging screaming disaster, a total and complete victory for Putin who got off his plane in Russia, hit the ground running and has his Ambassadors and other officials moving on their Helsinki victory. In the meantime, our people have not even been briefed. They are sitting there with their thumbs stuck up their butts watching the Trump WH try to clean up his mess. Worse the usual talking heads from the Right are grinning their "Its OK grins" with thought cloud above "geez can we get this next SCJ before this guy blows up completely".

When the DNI does not even know that Putin has been invited to the WH, you have got problems.

Last edited:

The United States sent combat forces to Panama in order to capture Noriega. You ready for a ****ing shootin war with Russia?

Let me guess, you want a war with Russia so you can bitch about President Trump starting a war with Russia. :lamo

The United States sent combat forces to Panama in order to capture Noriega. You ready for a ****ing shootin war with Russia?

Let me guess, you want a war with Russia so you can bitch about President Trump starting a war with Russia. :lamo

sigh... I fondly remember the days when so called conservatives supported the law and its enforcement.

We will not have to do that since Putin is coming here and no invasion is necessary.

We will not have to do that since Putin is coming here and no invasion is necessary.

You're right. There'll just be a firefight with Putin's security detail.

I don't remember a time when Liberals didn't dream up the most idiotic ideas in history.

You're right. There'll just be a firefight with Putin's security detail.

I don't remember a time when Liberals didn't dream up the most idiotic ideas in history.

So just to be clear - you do NOT favor enforcing the law should Putin be indicted and come here?

So just to be clear - you do NOT favor enforcing the law should Putin be indicted and come here?

I don't support starting a war over it. We never arrested any other foreign leader that committed crimes, when they came to The United States. Why now? Are you really that butthurt over losing the election?

I was wondering about that. this from the wikipedia entry on Manuel Noriega

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Noriega

What is the difference between Noriega and Putin in this regard?

Putin has nukes and an army. What would the US do if some country arrested the President of the US? (no matter who it is) Do you really think the US would stand for that? Or do you think we'd send forces over to try and extract the POTUS? Which would then lead to an all out war. Don't let your blind hatred of Trump get us into a war that the whole world will lose.

Back
Top Bottom