• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Bernie Drops Out, is it Over?

Sanders must make his own decision - after all, it is his life that is in the balance.

If he does leave the race I would expect the vast majority of his support to go to Elizabeth Warren which just might be enough to take her through the nomination. But a great deal could happen - particularly in primaries with a heavy African American influence since so far she has not had broad appeal to that sector of the Democratic party.
I agree with most of what you said.
But the 2 black candidates are not exactly champions for the black communities. Kamala is aligned with Big Banks and was harsh on pot convictions, both issues are troubling. Booker is in bed with Big Pharma, that doesnt bode well for any blacks with a human body.... or a loved one who happens to have one.

I would just like to add: I think most of the black votes are going to Biden, I believe it's because he is currently in the lead and they want whoever has the best chance of beating the crap out of trump. It's as simple as that.

Trust me, since the Senate will be holding a trial based on articles of impeachment,
it will be called an Impeachment Hearing. Insults are unnecessary.

No, I won't trust you. It's not an impeachment hearing. It's not even a hearing. It's a TRIAL. A hearing and a trial are vastly different. And I issued no offense, just observed the FACT that you don't seem to know Civics, and this was objectively based on your answers. Refer to post #194 for a full explanation of this matter, which is the only accurate one.

You guys can call this an impeachment hearing, an impeachment trial, whatever you want to call it, but all of these ways of calling it are simply incorrect. The House impeaches. The Senate doesn't do any impeachment hearing (impeachment by that point has already happened, why hold a hearing???). The Senate holds a TRIAL. Period, full stop.

A president can be fully impeached, but not convicted by the Senate trial. That's precisely what happened to Bill Clinton.

At this point, instead of whining about perceived insults, it would be fair to just say "oops, you are wright, and I was wrong." Try to say it. It will be good for you; you'll see. It's OK to be wrong (it happens to all of us). Persisting in not acknowledging it is less OK.

Do you want to see the difference between a trial and a hearing? Look at the first paragraph in this link:

http://www.selegal.org/Self-Help/Booklets/HOW TO PREPARE BOOKLET.pdf

Last edited:
No. What I'm saying is that "the Senate will not impeach" (issued as if the Senate could impeach, but politically won't), the original phrase I highlighted as erroneous, IS erroneous, because impeaching the president is not the Senate's prerogative. It's what The House does. The Senate holds a trial. You can call it an impeachment trial if you want, but it doesn't make any less true that the Senate does not impeach. The Senate potentially CONVICTS and removes from office a previously impeached president. The Senate trial, whatever you call it, is not to impeach, since if it is held, it means that the president has already been impeached.

The analogy with other court criminal proceedings is crystal clear. You don't hold a trial to indict a criminal. You hold a trial to either find the indicted criminal guilty or not guilty of the crime he was indicted for. That trial doesn't intend to indict the criminal who has already been indicted, thus the trial. You simply call it a trial. You don't call a trial of an indicted criminal, an "indictment trial."

The poster should have said "The Senate will not convict even if the House impeaches" and that would have been correct.

An error was highlighted, and now you're jumping through loops to try to hide it. Sorry, it won't work.

Maybe you can even find in the press or even in documents, someone talking about the impeachment trial of President Clinton. I don't know if there are such examples, but I'll tell you this: if there are, whoever issued that statement is also wrong. It's as simple as that.

The House impeaches (equivalent to an indictment). The Senate holds a trial of the already impeached (indicted) president. Period, full stop. Crystal clear, no semantic ambiguity.
I see your point, but I think it proper to say that the Senate does adjudicate the impeachment it receives from the House.

I agree with most of what you said.
But the 2 black candidates are not exactly champions for the black communities. Kamala is aligned with Big Banks and was harsh on pot convictions, both issues are troubling. Booker is in bed with Big Pharma, that doesnt bode well for any blacks with a human body.... or a loved one who happens to have one.

I believe African American voters so despise and hate Trump that what they want as their highest priority is somebody that can beat him. And I suspect neither Harris nor Booker is perceived as that person.

No, it won't be over.

The DNC needs to keep the theater going until the middle of next year. The show will go on...act after act.

You mean like the republicans 4 years ago? Except where the democrats are a bunch of over the top people, at least they were not a bunch of crazies like some of the republicans had. The biggest nutjob person on the democrat is that Marianne Williamson.

You mean like the republicans 4 years ago? Except where the democrats are a bunch of over the top people, at least they were not a bunch of crazies like some of the republicans had. The biggest nutjob person on the democrat is that Marianne Williamson.

yawn...

Is that all you have? Deflection?

Moving on...

yawn...

Is that all you have? Deflection?

Moving on...

I am not deflecting, I am accurately comparing the clowns race the republican held 4 years ago to the way too expansive democratic field. The democrats need good candidates, not massive numbers of candidates because most of them are totally un-electable.

I see your point, but I think it proper to say that the Senate does adjudicate the impeachment it receives from the House.

Sure, but it doesn't make it any less true that the impeachment has already occurred. The Senate doesn't doubt or nullify the impeachment brought up by the House. It adjudicates the president's actions in order to pass judgment on weather or not they deserve conviction and removal from option, but the Senate doesn't negate the reality of the impeachment itself. The president has been impeached already. The Senate doesn't change the House's decision.

Clinton WAS impeached, even though the Senate chose not to convict him and not to remove him from office. But they didn't nullify or cancel the impeachment issued by the House. An impeached president remains in office if the Senate doesn't convict. He's still an impeached president.

I think you know that I'm right.

BWahahahahahaah!!!!

So the removal of the single most corrupt piece of **** president in history replacing him with someone who will hold Wall Street accountable for the first time in history is a bad thing in your mind huh? I really feel bad for people like you sometimes, honestly.

You can dislike Trump all you want but the economy is doing well, very well. I know you Trump haters refuse to acknowledge anything positive he does and so Trump supporters don't respect your opionion. Besides, if you want to talke corruption, Bill Clinton is the king and Hillary is his partner. Take a good long look at how they got wealthy and the pay for play with Hillary, the Clinton Foundation and most of the donors from other countries.

Are there actually republicans who thought Bernie was going to get the nomination? Is that a Republican Media thing?

I would just like to add: I think most of the black votes are going to Biden, I believe it's because he is currently in the lead and they want whoever has the best chance of beating the crap out of trump. It's as simple as that.

Just like most democrats, you don't think blacks are smart enough to pick candidates based on issues.

I keep seeing this thread title and thinking it'd be funny to post a response as if I were a die hard Bernie supporter, saying that yes, the world will indeed end in fire and death if we don't elect Sanders, since no one else will seriously try to address the multitude of issues facing us, with Climate change topping the list.

I think I'm a bit of a troll at heart.

Why on why are we continuing to pursue having 70 year olds run this country.

Am sorry but this job is too important for someone older than 70y. Face it your mind is not as sharp as it was in your younger years.

Sorry, I have to call you out on this one. You see, for eight years I owned and operated a senior home care company. I can tell you that your cognitive ability does not necessarily decline with age. I find ageism to be a bit reprehensible.

Though there are some physical affects to the brain caused by age, intelligence and reasoning ability are not typically impaired by aging, and what may be lost in speed of processing is often made up in wisdom.

How memory and thinking ability change with age - Harvard Health

Cognitive Skills & Normal Aging

People in their 70's do have less physical energy then their younger counterparts, but the mind is no less sharp. There may be other reasons to advocate for younger candidates, but the notion their minds are not as sharp is ageism, which is a form of bigotry.

Last edited:
Sure, but it doesn't make it any less true that the impeachment has already occurred. The Senate doesn't doubt or nullify the impeachment brought up by the House. It adjudicates the president's actions in order to pass judgment on weather or not they deserve conviction and removal from option, but the Senate doesn't negate the reality of the impeachment itself. The president has been impeached already. The Senate doesn't change the House's decision.

Clinton WAS impeached, even though the Senate chose not to convict him and not to remove him from office. But they didn't nullify or cancel the impeachment issued by the House. An impeached president remains in office if the Senate doesn't convict. He's still an impeached president.

I think you know that I'm right.

Yes. We agree on all that. I know what an impeachment is, and I know what it is not. We have a mild disagreement about the interpretation of a specific post by a third party. You interpreted his post as not knowing what I interpreted his post as knowing. No big deal here.

WWE fills stadiums weekly, too. Popularity is not a measure of gravitas, a trait Trump utterly lacks.

Keep telling yourself that ridiculous story. There isn't a single Dem candidate that you people really like.........without putting a clothes pin on your collective noses.

Keep telling yourself that ridiculous story. There isn't a single Dem candidate that you people really like.........without putting a clothes pin on your collective noses.

Not true, and more importantly, not relevant to the insane, out-of-touch-with-reality claim that Trump has gravitas.

Back
Top Bottom