• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I am not for impeachment," Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

The FBI took an interest in Carter Page long before the dossier and the Trump campaign

FBI Interest in Trump Aide Carter Page Predated Campaign - The Atlantic

The law suit won't win, the dossier was not published with malicious intent on Page.

Unless there's a new one that doesn't show up with a Google search, it's been thrown out.

Carter Page lawsuit against the DNC dismissed

January 31, 2019

WASHINGTON – A defamation lawsuit filed by former Trump aide Carter Page against the Democratic National Committee was thrown out on Thursday by a federal judge in Oklahoma

Page has been stupidly trying to keep it going but there's probably a good reason why he filed it himself and doesn't have a lawyer's help.

Just as an aside, this is one of the weirder people I've ever seen with this high a profile. Truly a strange individual.

Re: ‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

Nothing has me "hot and bothered" over this stuff.

Trump and his administration have been violating ethics rules since he has been in office. On top of that, Trump's potential violation of the Emolument's clause should be investigated. These are starting points, and now that we know, Kushner and Ivanka's background should be investigated to learn why they were not recommended for security clearances to be sure they are not a risk to national security.

Ethics. You mean like the Kennedys or the Clintons.:lamo

‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

No collusion. No impeachment. No nothing.

Just not going your way, eh libs?

This is actually smart. Democrats are circling the drain right because of Ocasio-Cortez, Kamala, Oman, Booker, Bernie, etc, and this would only put 10 more nails in the coffin.

What’s the point of impeachment if you don’t have the votes in the Senate for removal? The political circus would actually help Trump, which is what happened with Bill Clinton. It’s just common sense—no great intellect needed...

Democrats bought the lying dossier knowing it was filled with lies. Insiders at the DOJ friendly to Hillary and hostile to Trump illegally used the lying dossier to gain court authorization to spy on Trump and associates. Now that the truth is finally coming out about the secret corruption of those promoting and protecting the lying dossier those corrupt bums are in deep doo-doo.

Actually, the dossier was raw intel, not offered as "evidence". Steele didn't expect everything in his report to be true, but he expected there was enough evidence to investigate the items in the report, and....

startling elements turned about to be verified in a Mueller indictment:

The Steele Dossier: A Retrospective - Lawfare

Your assertions on the FISA authorization are proven false.

The said they had probable cause to spy on Carter Page based upon the lies in the democrat dossier bought by Hillary. They were not just wrong, they were deliberately lying and now Carter Page is suing them for their savage violation of his civil rights.

The lawsuit was thrown out. Do your homework.

They were interested in him long before the Dossier. No one is deliberately lying except right wingnut jobs.

Do your homework, you are wrong so often it's getting boring responding to your easily refuted comments.

Whataboutism? Should I be shocked?

Not at all. It's more relevant today than it was then; simply to point out the Democrat hypocrisy that's on display as usual.

Actually, the dossier was raw intel, not offered as "evidence". Steele didn't expect everything in his report to be true, but he expected there was enough evidence to investigate the items in the report, and....

It is not the truth which may be in the dossier which was and is the problem, but the deliberate lies and unsubstantiated allegations. Trump haters in the DOJ knew the dossier had not been verified and yet used it to secure illegal permission to spy on Trump and associates on Hillary's and the democrats' behalf. One key point in the misguided investigation into the fake Trump/Russian collusion conspiracy theory was the dossier claim that Cohen went to Prague to discuss Russian interference in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf. Cohen has never been to Prague and the democrats know that. Even after being coaxed by democrats for 10 hours in secret before his recent testimony before Congress, Cohen maintained the fact that he had never been to Prague. That was the death knell for the democrat dossier and the whole Russian collusion conspiracy theory.

The lawsuit was thrown out. Do your homework.

The lawsuit was not turned down on merit but because of questionable jurisdictional grounds.

They were interested in him long before the Dossier. No one is deliberately lying except right wingnut jobs.

The dossier claimed Cohen went to Prague to conspire with Russians on Trump's behalf. That was a lie and not even Mueller was able to cover up that lie even after 3 years of attempts to turn the lie into truth. The dossier was constructed by Trump haters for Trump haters and used illegally by Trump haters to obtain permission to spy on Trump for the democrat party.

Do your homework, you are wrong so often it's getting boring responding to your easily refuted comments.

Even if it were Trump's last day in office, if the criteria for impeachment has been met, then the Speaker would be derelict in her duty to have already decided a course of action. At the rate she is going, she won't be Speaker come the end of this Congress anyway.

Wow, you have been seriously indoctrinated.
Exactly what in his statement do you think is not true. Please be specific.

Link please

‘I’m not for impeachment,’ Pelosi says, potentially roiling fellow Democrats

No collusion. No impeachment. No nothing.

Just not going your way, eh libs?

This is actually smart. Democrats are circling the drain right because of Ocasio-Cortez, Kamala, Oman, Booker, Bernie, etc, and this would only put 10 more nails in the coffin.

Nonsense.

It's because the Senate would never impeach Trump no matter what he did, because they would almost certainly be voted out of office.

Christ, Trump publicly supported Neo Nazis and the KKK, and his base does nothing but defend this action, or deny it ever happened even though it's on video. It's become evident that there's nothing so slimy that a significant part of Trump's remaining base would abandon him. He just needs to keep up the racial fear and he is golden with his the majority of his base.

No wonder this part of the base was so excited when Trump got elected, eh.

Hail Trump: White nationalists mark Trump win with Nazi salute - BBC

Last edited:

Everyone else is on board.

This is a solid indictment of our education system.

Democrats bought the lying dossier knowing it was filled with lies. Insiders at the DOJ friendly to Hillary and hostile to Trump illegally used the lying dossier to gain court authorization to spy on Trump and associates. Now that the truth is finally coming out about the secret corruption of those promoting and protecting the lying dossier those corrupt bums are in deep doo-doo.

After I wrote that marke "is seriously indoctrinated"

Exactly what in his statement do you think is not true. Please be specific.

1) Redundant statement -- "lying dossier filled with lies". As the Lawfare Blog link states, the Steele dossier was 'raw intelligence'. Statements within the dossier needed to be checked out by the US intelligence agencies to verify or debunk.

2) The dossier was one of several elements included in the request for the initial FISA warrant. The initial warrant was for intelligence gathering on the activities of Carter Page AFTER he had left the Trump campaign. The warrant was renewed 3 times with a different FISA judge each time. The renewals could only take place if new information had been gathered under a previously issued warrant.

3) The former FBI attorney Lisa Page during her testimony before a Congressional committee said that there were persons in the FBI and DoJ who were Republicans against Clinton and others against the idea of Trump becoming president. There was no "secret corruption" in either agency.

After I wrote that marke "is seriously indoctrinated"

In other words, marke believes truth the democrats do not want to come out.

1) Redundant statement -- "lying dossier filled with lies". As the Lawfare Blog link states, the Steele dossier was 'raw intelligence'. Statements within the dossier needed to be checked out by the US intelligence agencies to verify or debunk.

Several key players who knew the democrat document was unverified took the unverified democrat document to the FISA court to get a warrant to spy on Carter Page and Trump associates for political purposes.

2) The dossier was one of several elements included in the request for the initial FISA warrant. The initial warrant was for intelligence gathering on the activities of Carter Page AFTER he had left the Trump campaign. The warrant was renewed 3 times with a different FISA judge each time. The renewals could only take place if new information had been gathered under a previously issued warrant.

Mueller is constantly getting new information, although not on Carter Page and not on Russian collusion. The democrat dossier was filled with lies that even Trump hating investigators admitted were untrue. Democrats have consistently refused to release the documents detailing the reasons they submitted for the FISA spy warrant on Carter Page because they know the facts will blow their crooked cover to kingdom come. Mueller has obtained indictments on several people, but not on Carter Page and nothing to do with Trump/Russian collusion. The facts tell the truth.

3) The former FBI attorney Lisa Page during her testimony before a Congressional committee said that there were persons in the FBI and DoJ who were Republicans against Clinton and others against the idea of Trump becoming president. There was no "secret corruption" in either agency.

Lisa Page testified that Trump-haters in the DOJ were out to take Trump down by hook or crook. Her testimony has finally been released to the public over democrat objections. Democrats do not want damaging testimony released, just facts which can be spun to support their lying crooked scheme.

Even if it were Trump's last day in office, if the criteria for impeachment has been met, then the Speaker would be derelict in her duty to have already decided a course of action. At the rate she is going, she won't be Speaker come the end of this Congress anyway.

She hasn't decided a course of action. Note the conditionals in her comment:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hes-just-not-worth-it/?utm_term=.a3c6ccd8056e

But since you asked, and I’ve been thinking about this: Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it.

As to her not being Speaker at the end of this Congress, that's laughable. :roll:

It is not the truth which may be in the dossier which was and is the problem, but the deliberate lies and unsubstantiated allegations. Trump haters in the DOJ knew the dossier had not been verified and yet used it to secure illegal permission to spy on Trump and associates on Hillary's and the democrats' behalf. One key point in the misguided investigation into the fake Trump/Russian collusion conspiracy theory was the dossier claim that Cohen went to Prague to discuss Russian interference in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf. Cohen has never been to Prague and the democrats know that. Even after being coaxed by democrats for 10 hours in secret before his recent testimony before Congress, Cohen maintained the fact that he had never been to Prague. That was the death knell for the democrat dossier and the whole Russian collusion conspiracy theory.

Lotta talk, usual alt-right tropes, not seeing anything compelling here.

In the meantime.

You make claims, you back them up.

That's courtesy.

She said unless there is something really convincing and bipartisan. She is wise

Yes, I would say covering one's ass would be the wise choice in all of this.

Do you think so?

I think Americans are smart enough to know that having a blatantly racist POTUS like Trump is bad for the country. So no matter what his supporters threaten to do, I expect the rest of the country will happily rid itself of this flimflam artist.

Citation for this please.

The lawsuit was not turned down on merit but because of questionable jurisdictional grounds.

The dossier, there is no point on relitigating this, it's been gone over ad nauseum on this forum, thing is, it's just a side show.

Trump pulled stuff out of his ass daily, such as saying Ted Cruz's dad had something to do with the JFK assassination ( his only source was the National Enquirer, the king of yellow journalism, though Trump thinks it deserves a Pulitzer ) you know:

Just sayin' ----Donald Trump

,. etc etc etc, and so it's rich that you guys are harping on this side show which is about a clown who met with Russians not knowing they were spies and his mention in the Dossier giving him far more fame than he deserves, and somehow repubs think this story is important, when the real story is.....

The real story is that, currently, Trump's campaign manager, not only got a 90 month sentence, he is now being indicted by SDNY on 16 counts the large part of which is mortage fraud, an indictment of which is not pardonable by Trump. It's check mate, folks, for Manafort.

And the real story is this latest quote:

"In New York, no one is above the law" -- SDNY

This is obviously in response to the argument that Trump cannot be indicted. For, if he cannot, that puts him above the law.

SDNY has made their clarification on that point, and it's weighty implication for the Trump Crime Syndicate.

Go ahead and try and deflect away from the real story, well, you won't find it on FOX "news" ( not at night, anyway ).

The Mueller investigation is actually last on my list of things to rely on. Unlike an impeachment hearing, investigations by the House Committees and the SDNY actually have a chance of going somewhere.

Pelosi grasps something a lot of people don't: even if we know there is nothing that could convince Senate Republicans to agree to remove Trump gtom oggivr, the mere existence of an impeachment hearing creates an unrealistic sense of hope that can only result in demoralizing defeat. What's the point of that? Symbolism? Well, defeat is symbolic, too, and I'd say that can be a lot worse.

BWHAAAA! Impeachment is ALL you've been dreaming of for 2 1/2 years.....:lamo

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

That's it?

These are starting points, said so in my post.

OK...what ethics rules do you see as having been violated?

I have not been keeping a running tally. Someone else might be on it: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Trump's "potential" violation of the Emolument's clause? You don't think Meuller's done a whiz-bang job then?

Nothing to do with Mueller, unless it is Russia related.

Kushner and Ivanka's background? One's a realestate guy who's possibly got some credit issues, and the other is Trump's daughter. Should they have security clearances? Hell if I know. But after the entire left declared war on him, I don't really blame Trump for wanting his own family close.

Want's his family close? What does that have to do with their security clearances?

So is this it? This is what drives you to fight on endlessly against the President? To tear the nation in 2?

Wanting potential criminals and ethics violators to be investigated has nothing to do with "tearing the nation in 2". That's ridiculous hyperbole.

To destroy the lives of all sorts of people, for either completely unrelated issues and sometimes rather sketchy methods employed? To attempt to destroy a judge...just because Trump nominated him?

I didn't say two words about Kavanaugh, sorry, talk to someone else.

To insist...way beyond all rational thought...that walls don't work and have somehow acquired some sort of moral quality?

Everyone who is not in Trump's base knows the only reason he wants a wall is because it was his biggest campaign promise. This is about his ego, not effective border security.

I was kind of hoping you could do better because if this is it...dude you got issues.

Yeah, I'll consider the evaluation of a random internet poster...not.

Back
Top Bottom