• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Huge Beirut explosion shatters windows across Lebanese capital

It appears to be a combination of the two. Ammonium nitrate needs a heat/flame source to set it off.
.......and a large and (especially) continuous one.

Just holding a match to it will not ignite it.

.......and a large and (especially) continuous one.

Just holding a match to it will not ignite it.

Right. The 2013 explosion in West, TX needed for the large doors of the building to burn away allowing a very strong wind to intensify the heat of the fire.

Summary?

What? You can't read a short article?

Never mind. If you can't make the effort, I'm not going to waste my time on you.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

wasnt a short article

there was nothing in the articel

hezbollah isnt perfect but what defines terrorism

wasnt a short article

there was nothing in the articel

hezbollah isnt perfect but what defines terrorism

I know you didn't read the article. You ignored it. Well, if you want to keep doing that, it's your decision. But here is half of that article.

Hezbollah (Party of God) has long been known as a Jihadist terrorist organization of global reach. They have conducted operations throughout the Middle East, in Thailand, Bulgaria, Argentina, and elsewhere in Europe and Latin America.

Hezbollah has also conducted operations in Canada and the United States.

Hezbollah has become notorious since the early 1980s for its repeated terror attacks, including the Marine Barracks bombing on 23 October 1983 which killed 241 soldiers, sailors and Marines on peacekeeping duty in Lebanon.

But that was far from the only Hezbollah operation targeting Americans. In the late 1980s Hezbollah and allies of Hezbollah under their protection kidnapped Americans and other Westerners in Beirut, including Marine Lieutenant Colonel William Higgins, who they subsequently murdered in captivity. Also kidnapped and murdered by Hezbollah was William Buckley, the CIA station chief at the US embassy in Beirut.

Many Americans are not aware, however, that Hezbollah continued to target Americans in more recent times, with Hezbollah operatives directly involved in fighting US GIs in Iraq during the insurgency.

How Hezbollah Finances its Terror

In addition to its Jihadist operations, Hezbollah has a global network of illicit operations to fund itself. Its activities are the same as those of organized crime syndicates around the world: arms trading, drug smuggling, human trafficking, bootlegging and other forms of criminal activity.

Evidence of Hezbollah’s criminal activities has been documented for years, both by analysts and through counterterror and counternarcotics operations conducted by US and allied law enforcement.

In fact, an overview of Hezbollah’s criminal activity makes it seem as if Jihad is just a sideline for a global Mafia-like Islamic organization using every kind of illegal activity imaginable to make money.

Particularly with regard to the US, Hezbollah has avoided violent jihad attacks, probably to avoid massive US retaliation on its home turf in Lebanon, in favor of activities centered around drug trafficking, criminal schemes and scams, which have been going on for decades.

For example, Operation Smokescreen, conducted from 1995-2002, broke up a Hezbollah cell in Charlotte, North Carolina that was bootlegging cigarettes to raise money. This was detailed in the excellent book Lightning Out of Lebanon.

In 2013, in Operation Tobacco Road, 16 men in the US were indicted for trafficking bootleg cigarettes, the proceeds of which, according to then-NYPD commissioner Ray Kelly, went to Hezbollah and/or HAMAS.

In 2011, Lebanese Canadian Bank and other Lebanon-based financial institutions were implicated in a massive money laundering scheme that involved the sale of used cars into West Africa from some 70 US car dealerships. The scheme is thought to have raised $480 million for Hezbollah.

In early 2015, the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), working in cooperation with European authorities, launched Operation Cedar, targeting a Hezbollah money laundering network operating with drug cartels in South America, Europe and the Middle East. Operation Cedar was part of a longer, wider law enforcement effort known as Project Cassandra to disrupt Hezbollah’s joint ventures with drug cartels.

The scheme worked this way: Hezbollah garnered proceeds from cocaine sales in Europe and purchased expensive luxury goods to be resold back home in Lebanon. The profits from the sale of those goods was split between the cartels in South America that supplied the cocaine and the purchase of weaponry for Hezbollah.

Fourteen defendants have been charged in Germany for this narco-terror activity.

Hezbollah’s involvement with drug cartels gained the attention of some in the US Congress. Last year, Rep. Ted Budd, R-NC, introduced the Hezbollah Kingpin Designation Act which would have resulted in broader sanctions against anyone associated with Hezbollah. Unfortunately, the bill, like so many other promising ideas and needed initiatives, died in the US Congress.

Please don't continue lying and say again that there is nothing in the article.

I know you didn't read the article. You ignored it. Well, if you want to keep doing that, it's your decision. But here is half of that article.

so the schemes to raise money are unenthical?

maybe,maybe but what determines the unenithacliness of it

Israel destroys East Beirut with a new weapon, by Thierry Meyssan

My thoughts on the matter, Israel used a new nuclear bomb with limited radiation. Only Trump stated Lebanon had been attacked with a weapon, but he would of been informed by Israel the actions they would take, Trump gave his permission for the mission to go ahead!
The nitro glycerin one can make from fertiliser provided it carries over 23% nitrogen, would have to be refined and refined, while it might be dangerous while store in heat, under no circumstances would it give off an explosion such as we have all seen! The fuse has been lite, the time is coming soon when Americans will be fighting in Israel, for zionists for the reprobate that runs the American government.

Macron is only there to find out how much information the Lebanese government has ascertained.

The first Israeli Prime Minister has ordered the destruction of a Hizbollah weapons warehouse in Beirut with a new weapon. The weapon, which is not well known, caused considerable damage in the city, killing more than 100 people, injuring 5,000 and destroying many buildings. This time it will be difficult for Benjamin Netanyahu to deny it.

VOLTAIRE NETWORK | DAMASCUS (SYRIA) | 7 AUGUST 2020
DEUTSCH ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΆ ESPAÑOL فارسى FRANÇAIS ITALIANO NEDERLANDS
On September 27, 2018, Benjamin Netanyahu pointed out to the United Nations General Assembly forum the warehouse that will explode on 4 August 2020 as a Hezbollah arms depot.
The first Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, authorized a strike against a Hezbollah arms depot using a new weapon that has been tested for seven months in Syria. It is not known whether the second Prime Minister, Benny Gantz, gave his consent.

The strike was carried out on August 4, 2020, at the exact location designated by Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech to the United Nations on September 27, 2018 [1].

It is not known what weapon was used. However, it has already been tested in Syria since January 2020. It is a missile with a tactical nuclear component in its warhead that causes a smoke mushroom characteristic of nuclear weapons. It is obviously not an atomic bomb in the strategic sense.
Israeli test in Syria.
The weapon was tested in Syria on a plain in the countryside and then in the Persian Gulf on the water against Iranian military vessels. This is the first time it has been used in an urban environment, in a particular environment that made the air blast and vibrations reflect off the water and the mountains. Far from destroying only the port of Beirut, it killed about a hundred people, injured at least 5,000 others, and largely destroyed the eastern part of the city (the western part was largely protected by the grain silo).

These satellite photos show the destruction of the Hezbollah warehouse and part of the port.
Israel immediately activated its networks in the international media to cover up its crime and lend credence to the idea of the accidental explosion of a fertilizer stockpile. As is often the case, false culprits are named, and the international media machine repeats this lie over and over again in the absence of any investigation. Yet there was indeed a smokestack incompatible with the thesis of a fertilizer explosion.

The smoke mushroom observed in Beirut has nothing to do with what would have been caused by a conventional explosive.
Just as neither Syria nor Iran had communicated about this weapon when they were hit, the Lebanese political parties immediately reached an agreement not to say anything in order not to demoralize their population. An investigation was opened, not into the cause of the explosion, but into the responsibility of the port’s personnel for the storage of the fertilizer allegedly responsible for the explosion. However, this lie soon turned against the political parties that had imagined it.

The United Nations Tribunal for Lebanon, which was due to make public its verdict in the case of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005, decided to postpone it for a few days. Identically in that case, the explosion of a pickup truck masked the firing of a missile with a new weapon, just as this time the explosion of nitrate masked the firing of a missile with another new weapon.

Five years later, five years too late, I revealed in a Russian magazine the manner in which Rafik Hariri had been killed [2], while Hezbollah published a video attesting to Israel’s involvement.

It is important to note that the 2005 assassination targeted a former Sunni Prime Minister and that the 2020 attack targeted not Shiite Hezbollah, but the Lebanese Resistance as a whole.

This time, several embassies carried out surveys, including taking grain samples and air filters from ambulances that immediately went to the scene. They are already being examined in their respective countries.

Last edited:

Considering the CIA runs heroin production and Cocaine production, I cannot see Hezbollah lowering there standards and working with zionists!

My thoughts on the matter, Israel used a new nuclear bomb with limited radiation. Only Trump stated Lebanon had been attacked with a weapon, but he would of been informed by Israel the actions they would take, Trump gave his permission for the mission to go ahead!
The nitro glycerin one can make from fertiliser provided it carries over 23% nitrogen, would have to be refined and refined, while it might be dangerous while store in heat, under no circumstances would it give off an explosion such as we have all seen! The fuse has been lite, the time is coming soon when Americans will be fighting in Israel, for zionists for the reprobate that runs the American government.

Macron is only there to find out how much information the Lebanese government has ascertained.

The first Israeli Prime Minister has ordered the destruction of a Hizbollah weapons warehouse in Beirut with a new weapon. The weapon, which is not well known, caused considerable damage in the city, killing more than 100 people, injuring 5,000 and destroying many buildings. This time it will be difficult for Benjamin Netanyahu to deny it.

VOLTAIRE NETWORK | DAMASCUS (SYRIA) | 7 AUGUST 2020
DEUTSCH ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΆ ESPAÑOL فارسى FRANÇAIS ITALIANO NEDERLANDS
On September 27, 2018, Benjamin Netanyahu pointed out to the United Nations General Assembly forum the warehouse that will explode on 4 August 2020 as a Hezbollah arms depot.
The first Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, authorized a strike against a Hezbollah arms depot using a new weapon that has been tested for seven months in Syria. It is not known whether the second Prime Minister, Benny Gantz, gave his consent.

The strike was carried out on August 4, 2020, at the exact location designated by Benjamin Netanyahu in his speech to the United Nations on September 27, 2018 [1].

It is not known what weapon was used. However, it has already been tested in Syria since January 2020. It is a missile with a tactical nuclear component in its warhead that causes a smoke mushroom characteristic of nuclear weapons. It is obviously not an atomic bomb in the strategic sense.
Israeli test in Syria.
The weapon was tested in Syria on a plain in the countryside and then in the Persian Gulf on the water against Iranian military vessels. This is the first time it has been used in an urban environment, in a particular environment that made the air blast and vibrations reflect off the water and the mountains. Far from destroying only the port of Beirut, it killed about a hundred people, injured at least 5,000 others, and largely destroyed the eastern part of the city (the western part was largely protected by the grain silo).

These satellite photos show the destruction of the Hezbollah warehouse and part of the port.
Israel immediately activated its networks in the international media to cover up its crime and lend credence to the idea of the accidental explosion of a fertilizer stockpile. As is often the case, false culprits are named, and the international media machine repeats this lie over and over again in the absence of any investigation. Yet there was indeed a smokestack incompatible with the thesis of a fertilizer explosion.

The smoke mushroom observed in Beirut has nothing to do with what would have been caused by a conventional explosive.
Just as neither Syria nor Iran had communicated about this weapon when they were hit, the Lebanese political parties immediately reached an agreement not to say anything in order not to demoralize their population. An investigation was opened, not into the cause of the explosion, but into the responsibility of the port’s personnel for the storage of the fertilizer allegedly responsible for the explosion. However, this lie soon turned against the political parties that had imagined it.

The United Nations Tribunal for Lebanon, which was due to make public its verdict in the case of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005, decided to postpone it for a few days. Identically in that case, the explosion of a pickup truck masked the firing of a missile with a new weapon, just as this time the explosion of nitrate masked the firing of a missile with another new weapon.

Five years later, five years too late, I revealed in a Russian magazine the manner in which Rafik Hariri had been killed [2], while Hezbollah published a video attesting to Israel’s involvement.

<Snipped for space>

This time, several embassies carried out surveys, including taking grain samples and air filters from ambulances that immediately went to the scene. They are already being examined in their respective countries.

You are quoting CONSPIRACY THEORISTS again.

And a nuke?

:lamo

You are quoting CONSPIRACY THEORISTS again.

And a nuke?

:lamo
My German Zionist friend, go back to the Zionist traitors and trash you seen to have an affinity. Please, Put me on ignore!

To the rest of humanity..... https://www.voltairenet.org/article210681.html

On the night of 6 August 2020, we posted an article by Thierry Meyssan titled “Israel destroys East Beirut with a new weapon”. To illustrate our point, we included a video showing a missile striking the alleged Hezbollah warehouse in the port of Beirut.

This video, whose origin we acknowledged that we didn’t know, turned out to be a fabrication made from CNN footage.

It has now been removed from the article. It could have been left out altogether since it was not necessary. We apologize to our readers for this illustrational misstep.

Moreover, Benjamin Netanyahu’s photo is not the correct one. It shows the Hezbollah site next to the highway near the airport, instead of the one in the port area. This is the only copyright-free image that we could find. If you have access to the correct photo that is also copyright-free, please send it to us so that we can replace the current one.

Finally, it should be noted that Hezbollah had removed its weapons from this warehouse after Netanyahu’s speech in 2018 ... something that Israel seems to overlook.

Also it doesn't change the facts of the story.

Can I also point out RT news and the guests video of the wedding being held in Lebanon.

WATCH powerful shockwave from Beirut explosion hit church as guests gather for wedding — RT World News

I could very well be wrong, but the lights getting brighter and brighter alludes to the weapon used to have an EMP signature. So it must be of a nuclear type.

And guess who will be the first Zionist to contradict anything that's detrimental to Israel eye!

When I saw this on the news, I said to my son that it doesn't matter what caused it, because somewhere, sooner rather than later, someone will scream "Israel did it." That didn't take long now did it!

My German Zionist friend, go back to the Zionist traitors and trash you seen to have an affinity. Please, Put me on ignore!

To the rest of humanity..... Correction and clarification

On the night of 6 August 2020, we posted an article by Thierry Meyssan titled “Israel destroys East Beirut with a new weapon”. To illustrate our point, we included a video showing a missile striking the alleged Hezbollah warehouse in the port of Beirut.

This video, whose origin we acknowledged that we didn’t know, turned out to be a fabrication made from CNN footage.

It has now been removed from the article. It could have been left out altogether since it was not necessary. We apologize to our readers for this illustrational misstep.

Moreover, Benjamin Netanyahu’s photo is not the correct one. It shows the Hezbollah site next to the highway near the airport, instead of the one in the port area. This is the only copyright-free image that we could find. If you have access to the correct photo that is also copyright-free, please send it to us so that we can replace the current one.

Finally, it should be noted that Hezbollah had removed its weapons from this warehouse after Netanyahu’s speech in 2018 ... something that Israel seems to overlook.

Also it doesn't change the facts of the story.

Can I also point out RT news and the guests video of the wedding being held in Lebanon.

WATCH powerful shockwave from Beirut explosion hit church as guests gather for wedding — RT World News

I could very well be wrong, but the lights getting brighter and brighter alludes to the weapon used to have an EMP signature. So it must be of a nuclear type.

And guess who will be the first Zionist to contradict anything that's detrimental to Israel eye!

I read the article.

It was ignorant nonsense.

First clue should have been "low radioactive" nuke.

But, hey, you like CONSPIRACY THEORY folks.

You have linked to them time and again.

CLUE: 2,750 tons of AMMONIUM NITRATE. The Oklahoma bombing only took 2.4

CLUE: Various people have warned of the storage over the last few years.

Last edited:
…..
The nitro glycerin one can make from fertiliser provided it carries over 23% nitrogen, would have to be refined and refined, while it might be dangerous while store in heat, under no circumstances would it give off an explosion such as we have all seen!

It wasn't fertilizer.

Nitropril™ is a low density porous prilled grade of ammonium
nitrate specifically formulated for use as an oxidizer in blasting
agents.
A knock off product, Netroprill with two Ls is manufactured in Brazil for mining operations by Nitro Prill Bombeamento de Explosivos.

Wonder why all the media in unison wants to convince us that Lebanon had stored tons of fertilizer for 7 years.

Nitroprill.jpg

Last edited:
It wasn't fertilizer.

agents.
A knock off product, Netroprill with two Ls is manufactured in Brazil for mining operations by Nitro Prill Bombeamento de Explosivos.

Wonder why all the media in unison wants to convince us that Lebanon had stored tons of fertilizer for 7 years.

Nitroprill.jpg

My thoughts entirely.

The percussion from the bomb was astounding not a chance of it coming from fertiliser.

I read the article.

It was ignorant nonsense.

First clue should have been "low radioactive" nuke.

But, hey, you like CONSPIRACY THEORY folks.

You have linked to them time and again.

CLUE: 2,750 tons of AMMONIUM NITRATE. The Oklahoma bombing only took 2.4

CLUE: Various people have warned of the storage over the last few years.

But you only see israel eye and Zionist despots as the remedy, I see them as degenerates, you protect your Zionist rather than the nation that gave you succour. My German friend, you have been found wanting, dismissed!

But you only see israel eye and Zionist despots as the remedy, I see them as degenerates, you protect your Zionist rather than the nation that gave you succour. My German friend, you have been found wanting, dismissed!

You still haven't explained the Israel eye bit.

The rest of your attempts to insult me have no effect.

I am immune to CT balderdash.

It wasn't fertilizer.

agents.

Nitroprill.jpg

Hmmmm

Let's see. Because that is what ammonium nitrate is?

You German friends of zionists use wiki because you know just how easy it is for your friends to corrupt the truth! Wiki and media owned by these extremists.

I don't know the truth of the Lebanon explosion, but what I do know, is Israel, is the new soddom and Gamorrah, and those that support the filth they represent, and there motives need to be questioned.

damm those are explosive

Back
Top Bottom