• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How would you rate Trump's speech

Rate Trump's speech of February 28, 2017

• Total voters
There's the emotional plea to support his crusade. If you think whipping people up into a frenzy against immigrants is going to make things better, you're wrong.

you must have watched a different speech than the rest of us. He didn't. He was careful to note these were scumbags-one had been deported twice

it was not anti immigrant but anti illegal felon

I guess you see them as the same things-that's pretty sad but you have been complaining about Trump ever since you returned to this board

Alright smartasses. Hit the "post reply" button too quickly.

Quickly as in Romo getting injured? Or the Cowboys getting bounced from the playoffs?

We just had a 18 yr old mother and 19 year old father arrested for killing their 14 month old daughter. What do you suggest we do to their families?

I have not sufficient facts to pass judgement. WTF does that have to do with Trump's speech?

why are teenagers having children they obviously were not fit to raise?

It is okay. We all hit a button or two too early in our lives.

Shouldn't you update your sig to reflect the Patriots most recent Super Bowl win? That was a hell of a comeback.

Other. I was watching the Blue Jackets play the Canadians. Tied game, 0-0 about halfway through O/T.

One part of the speech will go viral--the sustained applause for Navy Seal Owens's widow.

Shouldn't you update your sig to reflect the Patriots most recent Super Bowl win? That was a hell of a comeback.

I'm still not done reliving it yet. Give me another month.

you must have watched a different speech than the rest of us. He didn't. He was careful to note these were scumbags-one had been deported twice

it was not anti immigrant but anti illegal felon

I guess you see them as the same things-that's pretty sad but you have been complaining about Trump ever since you returned to this board

Oh please, spare me the naive victim crap. Nobody supports an illegal violent felon immigrant doing anything but the right wants to pretend like they're the only ones that care and will protect us from this danger. When an example is made of a very bad foreigner committing a crime in the U.S. it is used as a tool to slander and stain the millions of non violent illegals as being a possible danger that we must eradicate. It is a red herring that just inflames emotions and tensions and is going to lead to very bad things.

Does it matter if a person is an illegal immigrant or a U.S. citizen when they commit a crime in the U.S.? Crime is crime. If you say the illegal shouldn't have been here in the first place then there you go, you just proved my point. The violent immigrant is on display to warn everyone about the dangers of ALL the people who are here illegally; not just the bad ones.

Hmmm, let's see...

- The Suckers are still suckered.

- The detractors are still detracting.

Color me not surprised. Good to know nothing has changed while I was at my Toastmasters event. (Hence, I have not watched it... yet.)

simple poll for those who watched his joint speech to congress etc

I voted very good. His best yet. Now it is up to congress to move this agenda along.

I rated Trump's address 'very good' ................ I'm puzzled; why is this the first time he has actually spoken & behaved in a presidential manner?

seems he has wasted a lot of time & a lot of good will ....................

better late than never?

He has been President for a month.

I don't think this is the first time he has "behaved in a Presidential manner." Did you miss the Inauguration?

I'm trying to find a quote of Chris Wallace's post-speech comment.

Hmmm, let's see...

Color me not surprised. Good to know nothing has changed while I was at my Toastmasters event. (Hence, I have not watched it... yet.)

That's a good trick, this rendering judgment without having seen/heard the speech. Very reasonable.

Hmmm, let's see...

If I were you, I'd hold off on judgement until you've seen it yourself.

Just sayin'.

Oh please, spare me the naive victim crap. Nobody supports an illegal violent felon immigrant doing anything but the right wants to pretend like they're the only ones that care and will protect us from this danger. When an example is made of a very bad foreigner committing a crime in the U.S. it is used as a tool to slander and stain the millions of non violent illegals as being a possible danger that we must eradicate. It is a red herring that just inflames emotions and tensions and is going to lead to very bad things.

Does it matter if a person is an illegal immigrant or a U.S. citizen when they commit a crime in the U.S.? Crime is crime. If you say the illegal shouldn't have been here in the first place then there you go, you just proved my point. The violent immigrant is on display to warn everyone about the dangers of ALL the people who are here illegally; not just the bad ones.

cut the idiocy. Trump didn't bash immigrants. the fact is, we let way too many scumbags into this country-we already have enough native grown mopes. and when someone commits a violent felony, is deported, and comes back and commits another violent felony its stupid to deport them. They should be shot-pure and simple

As far as the President, addressing congress, as compared with previous presidents doing the same, it was totally average. There was nothing exceedingly special about it.

In terms of how the usual Trump speech goes, it was much better than his inaugural speech or any other speech he's given prior to today. It was presidential.

Basically the same campaign speech with a softer tone and more professional demeanor. We have seen this before on a couple of teleprompter speeches.

The question now is which Trump shows up tomorrow and the next day and all the days after that? And I don't think its the one we seen tonight.

The question now is which Trump shows up tomorrow and the next day and all the days after that? And I don't think its the one we seen tonight.

Probably not. It is just a speech after all.

It's his actions moving forward that really matter in the end.

He has been President for a month.

I don't think this is the first time he has "behaved in a Presidential manner." Did you miss the Inauguration?

I'm trying to find a quote of Chris Wallace's post-speech comment.

If I were you, I'd hold off on judgement until you've seen it yourself.

Just sayin'.
I wasn't passing judgement on the speech. I was pointing out that those who always praise him no matter what are continuing to do so and those who ridicule him no matter what are continuing to do that. Hell, that was obvious in post #2. In other words, nothing has changed.

There was nothing wrong with the speech itself, he didn't ad-lib himself into a corner, I hope the statistics he threw out were accurate this time or that's all we'll hear about tomorrow, and he conducted himself well.

Still no details, listing what he's going to do without saying how such-and-such was going to be done, nothing new (except the creation of a new agency/fund? for the victims of violence by illegals... what about victims of white violence, police violence, racist violence, etc.?? WTF?) so to me it sounded like one of his saner campaign speeches when he was trying to use a teleprompter and sound presidential, which he did.

I approve of his categorical support of NATO, which I'm sure gave a sigh of relief to many of our apoplectic allies.

cut the idiocy. Trump didn't bash immigrants. the fact is, we let way too many scumbags into this country-we already have enough native grown mopes. and when someone commits a violent felony, is deported, and comes back and commits another violent felony its stupid to deport them. They should be shot-pure and simple

And there we go, you're advocating executing them so they can't get us. If they commit a violent crime they should be punished accordingly, deported, and not let back in, obviously. Was Obama letting violent felons in voluntarily? Are liberals harboring violent felons? I'm sure somebody somewhere made a mistake and a violent immigrant should not have been here, but is there some kind of epidemic of liberals welcoming violent felons into the country?

What is Trump going to do to get the bad guys? Do bad guys not know how to climb a ladder? Do they not know how to walk through a drug tunnel? I don't think the bad ones need much help getting over the border. Cracking down on immigrants will round up the weakest, least capable people while the criminals snake through anyway. Sure we should try but doing anything heinous or nasty is just going to excessively punish the decent ones.

So why does the left support sanctuary cities and sanctuary college campuses, you know, the places these criminals people hide? Where they hide and escape the law only to re-offend again?

simple poll for those who watched his joint speech to congress etc

Honestly he gave no details just a wish list. Sounded like a campaign speech full of promises and no substance. Lots of his ideas requires him to work with both dem and reps and if he doesn't congress ultimately will feel the same wrath as the Dems did under obama which will result in a dem controlled congress under trump.

I wasn't passing judgement on the speech. I was pointing out that those who always praise him no matter what are continuing to do so and those who ridicule him no matter what are continuing to do that. Hell, that was obvious in post #2. In other words, nothing has changed.

It's not like anything was going to change in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom