• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How the climate science of the world is policed

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]The University of Washington Should Not Censor Faculty Social Media[/h][FONT=&quot]From The Cliff Mass Weather and Climate Blog This blog will describe a series of serious violations of freedom of speech and academic freedom at the University of Washington. It will describe how a highly partisan Dean and her senior staff at UW’s College of the Environment (COENV) have suppressed diversity of viewpoints and censored…
[/FONT]

2 days ago October 2, 2019 in censorship.

[FONT="][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/02/the-university-of-washington-should-not-censor-faculty-social-media/"]
Screen-Shot-2019-09-30-at-10.18.16-PM.png
[/URL][/FONT]

[h=1]The University of Washington Should Not Censor Faculty Social Media[/h][FONT="][FONT=inherit]From The Cliff Mass Weather and Climate Blog This blog will describe a series of serious violations of freedom of speech and academic freedom at the University of Washington. It will describe how a highly partisan Dean and her senior staff at UW’s College of the Environment (COENV) have suppressed diversity of viewpoints and censored…[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/02/the-university-of-washington-should-not-censor-faculty-social-media/"]2 days ago October 2, 2019[/URL] in censorship.

The travesty of AGW deniers calling themselves scientists will go down in history as the largest assault on science since the middle ages.

The travesty of AGW deniers calling themselves scientists will go down in history as the largest assault on science since the middle ages.

You have embarrassed yourself.

The author: Brief BioSketch[FONT=&quot] I am a full professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Washington. I specialize in weather systems, weather prediction, and regional climate research and have published over 100 papers in the peer-reviewed literature. During the past year I have been chair of the College of the Environment College Council, the only democratically elected representative body of the College. I am the author of the book, the Weather of the Pacific Northwest, and was a student of climatologist Stephen Schneider and Astronomer Carl Sagan. I have a B.S. in physics from Cornell University and a Ph.D. from the University of Washington.[/FONT]

Last edited:
You have embarrassed yourself.

The author: Brief BioSketch[FONT="] I am a full professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Washington. I specialize in weather systems, weather prediction, and regional climate research and have published over 100 papers in the peer-reviewed literature. During the past year I have been chair of the College of the Environment College Council, the only democratically elected representative body of the College. I am the author of the book, the Weather of the Pacific Northwest, and was a student of climatologist Stephen Schneider and Astronomer Carl Sagan. I have a B.S. in physics from Cornell University and a Ph.D. from the University of Washington.[/FONT]

I stand by what I said. One person does not make a movement.

I think in the long term it will be the exact opposite.
It is the proponents of this concept of AGW that represent the Church's attempt to silence Galileo.
Censorship is not, an never should be a part of science, and those who endorse limiting ideas,
are not people who promote science!

The rent a mob of the 1980's has become highly sophisticated in its' tactics. They are very professional and capable.

This group of upperclass communists who make war on the poor of the world are going to destroy liberty and modern wealthy society unless we get far better at making our case and acting against them.

Feel free to go to Russia and invest in fake climate science there. :thumbs:

The repression of police states such as the Russian kleptocracy will be arriving here because of people such as you.

:applaud

Thats what they want.

Yep, during the cold war if you were a traitor by personality type you joined the communist party.

They created a network of people with decent media skills used to pumping out propaganda. That network still exists. It has co-opted may organisations. They are a grand conspiracy. They understand that they are not up to much individually. They will only get the power they seek via a devious misdirection of the rest of us.

The rent a mob of the 1980's has become highly sophisticated in its' tactics. They are very professional and capable.

This group of upperclass communists who make war on the poor of the world are going to destroy liberty and modern wealthy society unless we get far better at making our case and acting against them.

Anyone who takes any time to dig into what the "Climate Change" agenda is actually about will agree with your statement.

This Climate Change thing isn't about the environment, it's about a Global Social Justice offensive, and taking control of all human beings.

Climate Change is just the vehicle to accomplish the objective.

Eh???

Do you mean who am I describing?

Or to whom do I ascribe that description?

Or something else?

Your BS rationalization that people can be traitors via personality type. That's excusing someone. There's a reason you hold that garbage as true.

Your BS rationalization that people can be traitors via personality type. That's excusing someone. There's a reason you hold that garbage as true.

People, within a science type of thinking, can be catagorised in many ways. Sociopaths for example. Or basic stupid hero type.

Or Sheeple. That would be those who passionately believe in stuff they cannot explain at all.

People, within a science type of thinking, can be catagorised in many ways. Sociopaths for example. Or basic stupid hero type.

Or Sheeple. That would be those who passionately believe in stuff they cannot explain at all.

So you're not excusing, you're demonizing? I don't believe that.

German Skeptics Report On Risks Of Expressing Climate Views At FFF Friday Strikes … “Bomb” Threat

By P Gosselin on 5. October 2019
What follows is a field report from Hanover, Germany, by AGW skeptic organization KlimaKontroverse, who have attempted on multiple occasions to seek a rational dialogue with FridaysforFuture (FFF) demonstrators. Though some demonstrators were civil and polite, others harassed, defamed and even brought in Antifa.
Intolerant times
Taking a different view at a political demonstration in Germany is a risky affair, and could get you a bloody nose, or worse. So it really is an act of courage for these climate skeptic KlimaKontroverse citizens to go out to present their non-conforming views at these FFF demonstrations – especially when one considers how emotionalized and radical some have become.
As Greta has demonstrated herself, there’s lots of pent-up anger, impatience and intolerance out there.
Staying calm and respectful
Personally, as author of this blog, I’m actually considering showing up and joining KlimaKontroverse at an upcoming event. I’m a bit familiar with the KlimaKontroverse people, and I can assure you they are calm, friendly, respectful and go the extra mile to avoid provocation and confrontation.
=============================================
FridaysForFuture – and dealing with alternative opinions

by Klaus Öllerer
(German text translated, edited by P. Gosselin)
The FridaysForFuture movement has strict targets that would mean drastic consequences for all of the people living here. But what if you disagree? What if, after an intensive study of these issues, completely different conclusions emerge? Of course, it is obvious to go and discuss them – as is customary in democracy. Or perhaps better – should be usual again.First we began with e-mails and telephone calls offering discussion. No reaction. No willingness to talk to each other. FridaysForFuture did not react.
Some polite, respectful demonstrators
So we went to the climate strike meetings at Kröpcke, distributed our “Open Letter” and tried to get into conversation. Some conversations with participants were constructive and in the spirit of mutual respect. We listened to each other. That was nice.
“Stalking” and intimidation

But some leading persons and FFF orderlies reacted very differently. They stalked us and demanded we leave the square as they grew increasingly angry. We insisted on our democratic right to express our opinion freely in public space. At some point they also approached the police – but the officers agreed with us. We distributed our flyers and discussed with demonstrators (15 February 2019).
“Climate lies”
But at the next demonstration, the FridaysForFuture orderlies thought of something special, and it looked like this: The FFF orderlies brought a bag with the inscription “Klimalügen” (climate lies) and spoke to the passers-by and demonstrators who had taken our flyers. If they managed to convince a passer-by to surrender the flyer, they threw it in the “climate lies” bag. The finale: Our flyers were demonstratively torn in front of our eyes. (15 March 2019).

“Bomb” threat
At one of the next demonstrations, we had set up our stand just across from the Hanover main station. The demonstration passed by. The left picture below shows leftist autonomists and Antifa marching up front. They called out aggressively: “Climate deniers! Climate deniers! …”.
Then suddenly someone from the march charged towards our stand (middle picture), threw something under our table and shouted “Bomb!” before quickly running away and rejoining the marchers (right picture). The thrown object turned out to be harmless (5 July 2019).

But even so, KlimaKontroverse.de’s offer to enter a dialogue and to discuss in the truly democratic tradition remains open.
www.KlimaKontroverse.de

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]NYT: Allowing Free Speech is like Allowing Carbon Pollution[/h][FONT=&quot]Guest essay by Eric Worrall NYT columnist Andrew Marantz thinks allowing free speech is as dangerous as letting ordinary people drive climate destroying automobiles. Free Speech Is Killing UsNoxious language online is causing real-world violence. What can we do about it? By Andrew MarantzMr. Marantz, a New Yorker staff writer, is the author of the forthcoming…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

“Punitive Political Psychiatry” Coming To Germany? Leading Journal Defines Climate Science Dissent A Psychological Disorder

By P Gosselin on 11. October 2019
Germany may be soon re-introducing a dark period where political opponents are simply declared mentally ill by the state and forcibly hospitalized for “treatment”.

Image: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, 1975
A case for psychotherapy
In a recent paper dubbed “The Denial of the Apocalypse – Dealing with the Climate Crisis from the Perspective of Existential Psychotherapy” appearing in the German Das Psychotherapeutenjournal (The Psychotherapist Journal), author Fabian Chmielewski explains which “denial processes are effective and what the psychotherapists could and should concretely do about it”.
Panic over climate change is normal
According to Chmielewski, a psychologist with a practice in Hattingen, being in panic about the rapidly approaching climate apocalypse is in fact rational behavior, while having doubts and remaining calm about it is abnormal and thus needs to be addressed.
The journal’s editorial, written by Hans Schindler, comments that although Chmielewski’s paper is contentious, it is “a suitable impetus for the necessary debate about the socio-political responsibility of our professional group and for the discussion about the possibilities – and limits – of engagement in our roles as psychotherapists and citizens.”
Leading journal in Germany
Das Psychotherapeutenjournal is not just some crackpot publication that gets little attention in Germany, rather it is indeed the organ of the Bavarian State Chamber of Psychological Psychotherapists.
The journal is co-financed by the membership fees of the other German state chambers and sent throughout Germany. It is the central organ of a corporation under public law, which represents the profession of psychotherapists by law.
Concrete psychotherapeutic ‘interventions’
The abstract of Fabian Chmielewski paper:
A broad consensus of serious research warns of the scenario of a soon inevitable spiral of man-made climate change. Nevertheless, both large sections of the population and decision-makers do not seem to be adequately interested in the impending destruction of the world as we know it. The gloomy prophecies of climate scientists are played down or even denied, the necessary climate policy steps are not taken. The article looks at these phenomena from the perspective of existential psychotherapy and tries to point out possible causes and mechanisms of this repression as well as to derive concrete psychotherapeutic ‘interventions’. It also argues for the active participation of psychotherapists in health campaigns against this widespread “existential neurosis”.
Chmielewski claims that the “Fridays for Future” strikes and demonstrations are the clearest and most media-effective indication of the impending doomsday scenario, and calls for the implementation of the drastic climate policy measures demanded by science and that both doctors and psychologists warn of the health consequences of climate change and give it top priority. Here, he suggests, panic is the psychologically appropriate response.
Top human health priority
Chmielewski notes that at its annual general meeting, the Marburger Bund (association of physicians) demands: “Stopping climate change caused by humans and its consequences for human health must also be given absolute priority in health policy action”.
“Existential threat”
In the paper, Chmielewski writes that in recent times, various psychologists and psychotherapists have marked climate change as an “existential threat” (Psychologists for Future, 2019). . . .

[h=1]Days of Yore and Days of Wonder[/h]Posted on 14 Oct 19 by JOHN RIDGWAY Leave a comment
Many years ago – I recall not when – I was driving to a place – I recall not where – whilst listening to the radio – I recall not why – and someone was speaking – I recall not who. In fact, I remember next to nothing relating to this anecdote, apart from what

Back
Top Bottom