• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many times did the righties promise us the AG report would confirm an anti-trump conspiracy?

Read the report.

I did.
1) Lots of errors with regard to the Steele Dossier
2) Many holes and errors in document handling and protocol for documents headed into the FISA Warrant process

Already acknowledged item two in earlier posts. Frankly, the Steele Dossier was unspectacular in its impact on Crossfire Hurricane.

Again I am not apparently getting much support for this idea but I favor a much more radical approach to the FBI. It is a muddled agency with a muddled mission. I would separate Domestic Intelligence into a separate agency along the lines of MI-5 and tighten down all of the controls and protocols for Domestic Intelligence. I would keep Criminal Investigation in the FBI or rename both the new and the current agency.

Until we separate Domestic Intel from Criminal Investigation the FBI will always have a muddled mission. It will produce leadership that has grown up with this muddled mission and we will get muddled leadership eventually or guys like Comey who regardless of how or why he was fired NEVER should have made it to the Dir FBI posting IMO.

I am not convinced that the Justice Dept is well adapted to the dual roles of the FBI either as Rosenstein was as ill fit and out of his depth as Deputy AG as Comey was as Dir FBI. It is clear that Rosenstein DID NOT know what assets he should enable and where he should turn with his early concerns v Trump, was a vindictive little prick with regard to allowing himself to be used by Trump and eventually ended up crying his eyes out on the Oval carpeting "devastated" by the idea that he might have destroyed his GOP cred. He should have been devastated by his performance in the early days as Deputy AG. We don't need top officers at DOJ that are vindictive little pricks with a yellow streak down their backs and the wrong incentives.

Continuing to reveal levels of delusion against fact that one would think is not humanly possible.

A perfect description of your posts. Well done!!!!

I did.
1) Lots of errors with regard to the Steele Dossier
2) Many holes and errors in document handling and protocol for documents headed into the FISA Warrant process

Already acknowledged item two in earlier posts. Frankly, the Steele Dossier was unspectacular in its impact on Crossfire Hurricane.

Again I am not apparently getting much support for this idea but I favor a much more radical approach to the FBI. It is a muddled agency with a muddled mission. I would separate Domestic Intelligence into a separate agency along the lines of MI-5 and tighten down all of the controls and protocols for Domestic Intelligence. I would keep Criminal Investigation in the FBI or rename both the new and the current agency.

Until we separate Domestic Intel from Criminal Investigation the FBI will always have a muddled mission. It will produce leadership that has grown up with this muddled mission and we will get muddled leadership eventually or guys like Comey who regardless of how or why he was fired NEVER should have made it to the Dir FBI posting IMO.

I am not convinced that the Justice Dept is well adapted to the dual roles of the FBI either as Rosenstein was as ill fit and out of his depth as Deputy AG as Comey was as Dir FBI. It is clear that Rosenstein DID NOT know what assets he should enable and where he should turn with his early concerns v Trump, was a vindictive little prick with regard to allowing himself to be used by Trump and eventually ended up crying his eyes out on the Oval carpeting "devastated" by the idea that he might have destroyed his GOP cred. He should have been devastated by his performance in the early days as Deputy AG. We don't need top officers at DOJ that are vindictive little pricks with a yellow streak down their backs and the wrong incentives.

Unspectacular?

From the report:

However, as we describe later, as the FBI obtained additional information raising significant questions about the reliability of the Steele election reporting, the FBI failed to reassess the Steele reporting relied upon in the FISA applications, and did not fully advise NSD or 01 officials. We also found that the FBI did not aggressively seek to obtain certain potentially important information from Steele. For example, the FBI did not press Steele for information about the actual funding source for his election reporting work. Agents also did not question Steele about his role in a September 23, 2016 Yahoo News article entitled, "U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump advisor and Kremlin," that described efforts by U.S. intelligence to determine whether Carter Page had opened communication channels with Kremlin officials. As we discuss in Chapters Five and Eight, the FBI assessed in the Carter Page FISA applications, without any support, that Steele had not "directly provided" the information to Yahoo News.

Unspectacular?

From the report:

However, as we describe later, as the FBI obtained additional information raising significant questions about the reliability of the Steele election reporting, the FBI failed to reassess the Steele reporting relied upon in the FISA applications, and did not fully advise NSD or 01 officials. We also found that the FBI did not aggressively seek to obtain certain potentially important information from Steele. For example, the FBI did not press Steele for information about the actual funding source for his election reporting work. Agents also did not question Steele about his role in a September 23, 2016 Yahoo News article entitled, "U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump advisor and Kremlin," that described efforts by U.S. intelligence to determine whether Carter Page had opened communication channels with Kremlin officials. As we discuss in Chapters Five and Eight, the FBI assessed in the Carter Page FISA applications, without any support, that Steele had not "directly provided" the information to Yahoo News.

I repeat.....UNSPECTACULAR as to impact to anybody other than possibly Carter Page who was cleared. Frankly, I would have found it cosmically inappropriate if the FBI were not investigating Carter Page as part of Crossfire Hurricane. But that is me.

The Republican party has a massive problem with lying and extremism right now, spurred on by Limbaugh, Hannity and Trump.

One would think the moderate republicans would stand up and stop this lying and extremism within their party. Just like what republicans talk about when they want moderate Islamists to stand up to the extremists among them.

And put Comey and many others in jail, heck why not Hillary in jail?

Any how many righties/trump cultists, now that the report is out saying the opposite of what they have claimed it would for all this time, because somehow they didn't get a corrupt puppet in the AG position to write it, have admitted they were wrong?

And yet they persist to flog their inane conspiracy theories, over and over because that is all they have.

Best to just point and laugh at them....again.:lamo

"Devastating", rather sensational and relative term subject to interpretation. One man's devastating does not have to be every man's devastating.

Every half baked claim that Trump shouted from the heavens about the DEEEEP STAAAATE being after him has been thoroughly trashed.
- Spying....NOPE
- Deep state cabal....NOPE
- Political bias effecting the investigation.....NOPE
- unsupported FISA Warrants.....NOPE
- bias against him at the top of the FBI.....NOPE
- Steele Dossier having been the launching point for the Investigation .....NOPE
- Trump wire tapped.....NOPE

You would think that the culties, having seen that they fell down yet another conspiracy rabbit hole would get a little bit introspective about how very wrong they were.

Nope....once you are that far gone you rarely come out of the cult delusion.

And yet they persist to flog their inane conspiracy theories, over and over because that is all they have.

Best to just point and laugh at them....again.:lamo

This is the same President who gave a Navy Seal who his own group testified against for killing civilians a deal, but fired McCabe so he couldn’t retire.

Any how many righties/trump cultists, now that the report is out saying the opposite of what they have claimed it would for all this time, because somehow they didn't get a corrupt puppet in the AG position to write it, have admitted they were wrong?

It did show that if you look at what the fbi did.
Undercover spying on the trump campaign.

Witness tampering by excluding important information gathered by undercover spies.

Fraudulent FISA court applications because they purposely left out those key facts which would have busted their case from the start.

The use of unverified and what we now know as russian misinformation in which steele embellished and lied in some cases about the information contain in his report because he hated trump and didn't want him to win.

The fact that the fbi used this information and it was the bulk source of their information and they never would have gotten the Fisa Warrants without it shows clearly that there was an anti-trump bias.

Not to mention we have all the texts from stzok and paige which confirms more anti-trump bias in the fbi.

Again leftist hate facts but that is typical.

You should at least read the executive summary at the top of the report. It might save you some future embarrassment.

Too late, this time.

You should read the facts of the case and the conclusions it would save you a lot of embarrassment.

You mean a complicated and involved effort that involved human beings had some mistakes in it? You are like the kid that comes off the basketball court and puffs out his chest bragging he made a three point shot despite his team losing by double digits.

The chief finding is still clear: the FBI investigation was not politically motivated and was warranted and Trump was wrong about his central charge.

but they made a LOT of serious mistakes.... that alone is enough reason for a damn overhaul.

we'll see what Durham has to say about partisanship, since his investigation has a broader scope.

The Republican party has a massive problem with lying and extremism right now, spurred on by Limbaugh, Hannity and Trump.

One would think the moderate republicans would stand up and stop this lying and extremism within their party. Just like what republicans talk about when they want moderate Islamists to stand up to the extremists among them.

how do you count a quote form the source material as a lie? oh right, liberal-think, got it.

but they made a LOT of serious mistakes.... that alone is enough reason for a damn overhaul.

we'll see what Durham has to say about partisanship, since his investigation has a broader scope.

Barr and his toady Durham have no credibility.

how do you count a quote form the source material as a lie? oh right, liberal-think, got it.

i was talking about the non-stop lying from your boy and Limbaugh and Hannity.

i was talking about the non-stop lying from your boy and Limbaugh and Hannity.

LOL those aren't "my boys".

if anyone is "my boy" its Tucker carlson, as he tells the deal like it is... he quite often even goes off the ranch and gets on Repubs, when they act improperly, so... not sure what you're trying to say.

LOL those aren't "my boys".

if anyone is "my boy" its Tucker carlson, as he tells the deal like it is... he quite often even goes off the ranch and gets on Repubs, when they act improperly, so... not sure what you're trying to say.

hey. good choice...

"TUCKER CARLSON
"The United States ended slavery around the world, and maybe we should get some credit for that, too."

— PunditFact on Thursday, August 17th, 2017"

Claiming the IG would find all kinds of criminal conspiracies against trump, put law enforcement officials like Comey in jail, are lies, not a "quote from the source material".

You are confused. DJT is the most incompetent man ever to hold any office and has an administration to match. He has leaked more secrets with his cell phone than Hillary even had on her server.

I am talking about the incompetence associated with our WONDER FBI. That incompetence transcended the political spectrum. THe left continues to divert to Trump like the right continued to divert to Clinton.

Comey and clowns are gone and this country is absolutely no worse for it and probably better off in the long run. For all who think he is a hero, buy his book and make him all the more richer for it.

I am talking about the incompetence associated with our WONDER FBI. That incompetence transcended the political spectrum. THe left continues to divert to Trump like the right continued to divert to Clinton.

Comey and clowns are gone and this country is absolutely no worse for it and probably better off in the long run. For all who think he is a hero, buy his book and make him all the more richer for it.

Comey's "crime" was refusing the mob bosses command that he drop the Flynn investigation. If he just rolled over for Trump he would be your hero. That's the irony of it all.

What is the purpose of this thread?

Other than to taunt, smear, attack and rile, that is?

Don't embrace alternative facts or conservative conspiracy theories and you won't have a problem.

AG Barr is acting as a Trump lawyer and cheerleader instead of performing assigned his role as the chief law enforcement agent and defender of the US Constutution. He is not to be spinning facts to support GOP ideas. He should be the next target for censure or impeachment because of his unconstitutional actions.

Do you have a quote of ANY "righty" claiming what you claim?

Don't embrace alternative facts or conservative conspiracy theories and you won't have a problem.

AG Barr is acting as a Trump lawyer and cheerleader instead of performing assigned his role as the chief law enforcement agent and defender of the US Constutution. He is not to be spinning facts to support GOP ideas. He should be the next target for censure or impeachment because of his unconstitutional actions.

Words of wisdom for both left and right!!!!

Back
Top Bottom