• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many more millions spent to deflect from Mueller's investigation of Trump?

Does the fact that someone else engaged Fusion GPS negate the FACT that the DNC engaged?

Yes, it does. It means it was just ordinary opposition research.

Trump campaign seeking hacked email is accessory to a crime.

I can pay a private investigator to find dirt about you. That's legal. But if I pay hackers for information they hacked from your computer, that's not legal.

If I get some information from a Russian citizen, that's fine. If I get information from people I know are connected with the Kremlin, that's not fine.

Do you understand now?

How many millions will the GOP spend on more investigations of the Clinton's in an attempt to deflect from Mueller's investigation of Trump. What I see happening is that Trump or one of his underlings will fire Mueller with the help of the GOP in Congress and thus ending the Trump investigation before any more info can come out about collusion with the Russians can come out. Then they will begin another investigation with one of their cronies leading it and will "find" info leading to prosecution of the Clinton's. This will make their base happy and keep the Trump followers in the GOP fold. Of course it will all be an effort to deflect our attention from Trump and keep the GOP in control long enough to pass the tax cut for the wealthy and get rid of any vestiges of anything Obama did to help this country back on its feet after the last Bush tax cut for the wealthy ended with this country in a recession. Remember what the one GOPer said, if we don't get this tax cut passed, our donors say don't call. that is what this is all about, the rich donors.

How many millions are being spent on Mueller's investigation to find the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in order to influence the election and yet not one charge regarding that? Not one.

How does it deflect from the Mueller investigation? It might deflect the media but the media isn't the one conducting the investigation. Mueller will do the job he was appointed to do regardless of what other investigations are going on.
QFT

I noticed how no one bothered to address this post when it highlighted the absurd contention of the OP and all those liberals who are making the same nonsensical claim.

It's a non-profit and the Clinton's make $0 from the foundation. What exactly is the conflict of interest that would require it to be closed or moved to a trust account? It's not their money and they don't draw anything from it.

People create foundations/trusts/etc. for tax reasons. The monies you give to the Foundation are tax deductible and since you create the Foundation and select the principals, you can control the distribution of the Foundation monies for salaries, causes, transportation, communications, ad infinitum. When you would have given the same money to the gov't as taxes and had no control over the use of the monies.
/

How does it deflect from the Mueller investigation? It might deflect the media but the media isn't the one conducting the investigation. Mueller will do the job he was appointed to do regardless of what other investigations are going on.

The thinking, grounded in reality or not, is that if media deflection successfully creates a new narrative, the political capital is created for Congress or DOJ to dismantle Mueller's investigation. This sounds CT-ish on the face of it, except to say that if multiple news cycles weren't constantly turning over old ones at an unprecedented rate, that time when Trump gave Israeli intelligence to the Russians would be the scandal of the 21st century.

I'm not aware of any investigation...or results of an investigation...into Clinton, Obama, his administration, etc., in conjunction with Uranium One. I'm not aware of any investigation...or results of an investigation...into Clinton, Obama, his administration, etc., in conjunction with the DNC/Hillary dossier. I AM aware that those two issues, at least, WILL be investigated and very well could result in criminal charges.

Now...you are free to cry, "deflect, deflect, deflect" all you want. I'll just keep saying that justice needs to be served. No free passes because Obama's gone and Hillary's a loser.

Once again you show how you feel about investigating Clinton and Obama by what you say about them. And there have been investigations of Clinton, years and years of investigations which have come to nothing. Talk about justice, where is the justice for Hillary after all of these investigations which have gone no where. Yes where is her justice. She has been painted by the GOP as someone who has committed crimes that the GOP says she has committed. Yet nothing, because there is nothing and has never been anything. BUt the GOP keeps saying basically where there is smoke there has to be fire. I don't like either Clinton, but I do realize what has been done to this family by the GOP. And the GOP is the party that has disenfranchised millions of Americans and used redistricting to do totally away with one man one vote. What was it in Michigan that with redistricting they got 45% of the votes for House members and got two thirds of the house members. Maybe we should be investigating the real people who are attacking our democracy and it isn't the Clinton's.

How many millions will the GOP spend on more investigations of the Clinton's in an attempt to deflect from Mueller's investigation of Trump. What I see happening is that Trump or one of his underlings will fire Mueller with the help of the GOP in Congress and thus ending the Trump investigation before any more info can come out about collusion with the Russians can come out. Then they will begin another investigation with one of their cronies leading it and will "find" info leading to prosecution of the Clinton's. This will make their base happy and keep the Trump followers in the GOP fold. Of course it will all be an effort to deflect our attention from Trump and keep the GOP in control long enough to pass the tax cut for the wealthy and get rid of any vestiges of anything Obama did to help this country back on its feet after the last Bush tax cut for the wealthy ended with this country in a recession. Remember what the one GOPer said, if we don't get this tax cut passed, our donors say don't call. that is what this is all about, the rich donors.

How many millions are being spent to deflect from Hillary losing because she was horrible?

Once again you show how you feel about investigating Clinton and Obama by what you say about them. And there have been investigations of Clinton, years and years of investigations which have come to nothing. Talk about justice, where is the justice for Hillary after all of these investigations which have gone no where. Yes where is her justice. She has been painted by the GOP as someone who has committed crimes that the GOP says she has committed. Yet nothing, because there is nothing and has never been anything. BUt the GOP keeps saying basically where there is smoke there has to be fire. I don't like either Clinton, but I do realize what has been done to this family by the GOP. And the GOP is the party that has disenfranchised millions of Americans and used redistricting to do totally away with one man one vote. What was it in Michigan that with redistricting they got 45% of the votes for House members and got two thirds of the house members. Maybe we should be investigating the real people who are attacking our democracy and it isn't the Clinton's.

It's very easy to say, since no investigation has resulted in charges that Hillary is innocent. But if you look at the investigations, themselves, you get an idea WHY there have been no charges.

1. Tactics to delay, hide, obfuscate and outright lying.

2. The Obama administration doing its best to implement those tactics.

3. Comey...listing charges that would put a "normal" person in jail...telling people HE doesn't think she should be charged.

4. Just plain ignoring actions by Hillary and her people that are blatantly illegal. Not investigating them at all.

Believe me, if the justice system actually LOOKED at Hillary, she would not be able to avoid being charged with numerous crimes. Yet, you think she has done nothing wrong and that she shouldn't be investigated. And then, to excuse her, you deflect to OTHER things YOU don't like.

Go ahead...deflect, deflect, deflect. Can't have justice being done, now, can we?

It's a non-profit and the Clinton's make $0 from the foundation. What exactly is the conflict of interest that would require it to be closed or moved to a trust account? It's not their money and they don't draw anything from it.

Are you seriously that naive?

Not at all...except in Banana Republics and dictatorships, special investigations aren't opened up on political opponents based on no evidence of wrong doing. Even Jeff Sessions...who loves to hate himself some Hillary says there's no evidence to launch this investigation.

Sooo...no, I'm not naïve I'm just not misinformed.

Not at all...except in Banana Republics and dictatorships, special investigations aren't opened up on political opponents based on no evidence of wrong doing. Even Jeff Sessions...who loves to hate himself some Hillary says there's no evidence to launch this investigation.

Sooo...no, I'm not naïve I'm just not misinformed.

There's plenty of evidence. Where there's no evidence, is in the Trump/Russia/collusion case. Not only that, but the Clinton's are directly involved in that mess as well. Leftist hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Why not investigate the Trump foundation. There is "real" evidence that Trump used his foundation for his own personal purposes. there is absolutely no such evidence that the Clinton's got anything out of their foundation except the good PR that came from running it. SO you are willing to spend more and more of our tax money for this political witch hunt?

There's plenty of evidence. Where there's no evidence, is in the Trump/Russia/collusion case. Not only that, but the Clinton's are directly involved in that mess as well. Leftist hypocrisy knows no bounds.

So a Republican Congress and Republican AG which both have shown every willingness to investigate Hillary and Obama (which they've done 20 trillion times) won't do it because.....what reason exactly?

As for Russian collusion...there's plenty of evidence. In fact...there's multiple indictments of ****ING COLLUSION with the Russians. The only thing still being investigated is how high it went.

Why not investigate the Trump foundation. There is "real" evidence that Trump used his foundation for his own personal purposes. there is absolutely no such evidence that the Clinton's got anything out of their foundation except the good PR that came from running it. SO you are willing to spend more and more of our tax money for this political witch hunt?

Fine with me. You don't think Mueller is looking into Trump's foundation? Where's the issue?

Again, lib hypocrisy.

So a Republican Congress and Republican AG which both have shown every willingness to investigate Hillary and Obama (which they've done 20 trillion times) won't do it because.....what reason exactly?

As for Russian collusion...there's plenty of evidence. In fact...there's multiple indictments of ****ING COLLUSION with the Russians. The only thing still being investigated is how high it went.

Show us the indictment for Russian collusion.

Show us the indictment for Russian collusion.
Collusion is illegal/secret cooperation

Every indictment is based on illegal/secret cooperation with Russia. On collusion with Russia specific to the election, George Papadopoulos was indicted in lying to the FBI agents about colluding with Russia.

You really believe that?

I tend to believe stuff until there's reports or evidence otherwise. I know, I'm crazy like that.

That is a bit crazy to just believe what you hear or read unless there is evidence otherwise. That sounds like 'guilty until you prove your innocent' talk. And you certainly should take all media reports with a grain of salt, hell, a whole pound of salt!

Back
Top Bottom