• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Do Recidivist Supply Side Voting Deficit Hawks Reconcile Whining About Government Spending?

Supply Side Administrations have averaged annual spending growth of 6.25% since 1980...

Democrats?

2.75%

When confronted with these numbers, they cry

"B..b...b..b..but Congress, bwaaaah!"
We have to clean up the messes you make. That costs money.

The biggest problem of "supply side" economics is the stupidity of its proponents. From an "economics" standpoint, it's idiocy. And it has created enduring defects in our economy, including budget deficits.

The economy only works when demand is sufficient to absorb the supply. That is the basic structure of capitalism. Those that don't understand that muck up the economy and pursue stupid policies - like cutting budgets during a recession, or cutting taxes when the economy is in peril.

Can't say I didn't nail this..

what's the first step in the budget process?
Under stautory law. A Presidents submits he budget suggestions.

What's the second step?

Congress ignores it.

The person with final say over the bill. Have you learned how billls become law yet?
Says the one who believes expresidents can still veto bills.

That person is included in my statwment try again.

The person with final say over the bill. Have you learned how billls become law yet?
The final say happens during budget negotiations. If a President solely controls spending then why even have Congress go through the motions?

I'd say that's entirely a function of what happens when we reach the debt limit.....under Democratic presidents...

I don't recall the last shutdown threat under a republican president.
When we hit the debt limit no more debt can be acquired that is what happens. Do you support the Reps trying to cut back that spending or the Dems wanting to increase it?

Dodge noted. Which side did you support this last threatened shutdown the Reps or the Dems?
You hid behind the hypothetical because you cannot reconcile the facts with your faith.

All you need to know about debt limit theatrics is in the data.

When we hit the debt limit no more debt can be acquired that is what happens. Do you support the Reps trying to cut back that spending or the Dems wanting to increase it?
It's not about me.

It's about Fiscal Facts.

I haven't cast a single vote for a POTUS under whom deficits rose.

The final say happens during budget negotiations. If a President solely controls spending then why even have Congress go through the motions?
So you still don’t know how bills become law 😂

Who creates the s to sign? How do expresidents sign budgets?
If a president says no (veto) and the required amount for a vetoed majority is not met, is the bill law or not law?

What's the topic, again?

Dodge noted. Which side did you support this last threatened shutdown the Reps or the Dems?
Just a note: the "shutdowns" have nothing to do with fiscal anything.

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what the history of the "debt limit" is, and how incompatible it is with the Constitution? That might be relevant to the discussion.

Supply Side Administrations have averaged annual spending growth of 6.25% since 1980...

Democrats?

2.75%

When confronted with these numbers, they cry

"B..b...b..b..but Congress, bwaaaah!"
Supply side has never worked for anything other than increasing wealth disparity.

Do you support government shutdowns?

If a Rep President wants to freeze spending but the Dems want to increase it 10% so a settlement of 5% is reached to avoid a shutdown who do you blame for any resulting deficit?
A president can want anything, but all spending begins in the House. The Congress (not a political party) is constitutionally responsible for funding the government.

Back
Top Bottom