• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Dangerous Is Homosexuality To A Society?***W:2441***

Re: How Dangerous Is Homosexuality To A Society?

but it's not *because* they're Christian. I mean are you saying if they were atheist instead they'd be outspoken homophobes? It's because Christians are 70% of the population, so everyone else has little influence

Most of them don't act like Christians.

Most of them don't act like Christians.

Man, ain't that the truth.

Because if they were they would go gay bashing?

I would assume that if they truly lived in Christ, they would simply turn the other cheek, not judge anyone, especially those who do not do harm to them personally, and forgive anyone who wronged them as they wish themselves to be forgiven by the big guy upstairs on their judgement day.

I can say this though. If what they believe is true, they will have hell to pay on that particular day.

260 pages, and so far no one has shown that homosexuality is harmful to society. I guess we must conclude that it is not.

No one has. If you watch the video from the OP to about 14 min into it the narrator actually admits to being scared of homosexuals.

So the only danger is scarring people who have irrational fear of homosexuals.

I would assume that if they truly lived in Christ, they would simply turn the other cheek, not judge anyone, especially those who do not do harm to them personally, and forgive anyone who wronged them as they wish themselves to be forgiven by the big guy upstairs on their judgement day.

I can say this though. If what they believe is true, they will have hell to pay on that particular day.

Therein lies the trouble with the bible. One part tells you to "turn the other cheek" and love thy neighbor. Another part tells you to put to death anyone that has an icky sex life.

Must be real confusing if you think the bible is anything other than an amalgamation of bull**** put together by bronze-age people who couldn't comprehend toilet paper.

Therein lies the trouble with the bible. One part tells you to "turn the other cheek" and love thy neighbor. Another part tells you to put to death anyone that has an icky sex life.

Must be real confusing if you think the bible is anything other than an amalgamation of bull**** put together by bronze-age people who couldn't comprehend toilet paper.

Sorry, the historian in me gets rather irritated whenever I see "bronze-age" applied to any portion of the Old or New Testament. Most of the Old Testament, if not all, was written during the Iron Age which is generally held to begin during the 13th Century BCE. Though I agree in general with the post I have quoted, I find that many who criticise the Bible simply are ignorant as to what archaeology and historical records tell us about the society which created the text - leaves too many soft targets for the apologists defending their sacred book.

Sorry, the historian in me gets rather irritated whenever I see "bronze-age" applied to any portion of the Old or New Testament. Most of the Old Testament, if not all, was written during the Iron Age which is generally held to begin during the 13th Century BCE. Though I agree in general with the post I have quoted, I find that many who criticise the Bible simply are ignorant as to what archaeology and historical records tell us about the society which created the text - leaves too many soft targets for the apologists defending their sacred book.

Wasn't much of the old testament written before the 13th century BC? The existence of settled communities and the specialization of "scholars" long predates that, anyway.

Wasn't much of the old testament written before the 13th century BC? The existence of settled communities and the specialization of "scholars" long predates that, anyway.

Nope. The consensus among scholars is that none of the books were written before the 9th Century BCE with most of the books written during or shortly after the Babylon Exile period. Archaeology supports the thesis that the monotheistic people today known as the Hebrews were not a culturally unified group until about the late 11th/early 10th Centuries.

Nope. The consensus among scholars is that none of the books were written before the 9th Century BCE with most of the books written during or shortly after the Babylon Exile period. Archaeology supports the thesis that the monotheistic people today known as the Hebrews were not a culturally unified group until about the late 11th/early 10th Centuries.

I will mildly disagree with that. A number of the psalms were found to have been copied from the Urgartic Scriptures, and we have cuneiform of those scriptures dating from 1400 bce. There are some minor translation errors. We also have a fragment from 7th century bc.

261 pages so far, the OP banned, and STILL not one credible shred of evidence that homosexuals are dangerous in any way to society.

This may be the biggest failthread of all time.

Back
Top Bottom