• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Just Torpedoed The MeToo Movement

It was said that Monica consented to sex with her superior. Same thing can be said for a 16 year old consenting to have sex with their teacher if it was in a state where 16 is the age of consent. Would you be ok with that? I mean if someone at the age of consent consents to sex with their superiors, that's alright, isn't it?

No I am not in favor of HS teachers seducing their students and it is entirely different from Monica although I do believe she was the instigator of the affair.

No I am not in favor of HS teachers seducing their students and it is entirely different from Monica although I do believe she was the instigator of the affair.

So if a student instigated the sexual encounter you would be ok with it?

So if a student instigated the sexual encounter you would be ok with it?

No. HS is not a place for seduction Duh. It is accepted in College though. Adults are supposed to be able to make their own decisions.

No. HS is not a place for seduction Duh. It is accepted in College though. Adults are supposed to be able to make their own decisions.

But the white house is?

No students having sex with a professor teaching there class is not accepted and can result in the dismissal of the professor even when consensual

But the white house is?

No students having sex with a professor teaching there class is not accepted and can result in the dismissal of the professor even when consensual

Don't get me wrong I am not condoning such behavior and if there is any harassment involved it is very different. But being naive and punishing one party when there are 2 to "blame" is not how to deal with it. Here is an interesting study of how colleges deal with this.

It would be great if policy could persuade professors to wait until
the semester is over or a student's thesis completed before becoming
involved with her. Some universities impose bans in the hope that
sanctions will deter sexual advances. But since these bans will not
eliminate faculty-student sex, and sexual advances will continue to be
a problem for some students, those students should be given an avenue
of support and information by the university. Advisers and peer
counselors can offer students an opportunity to talk through their reactions,
to feel some degree of control over the situation, and to
decide what steps to take next. If a student has a close, trusting relationship
with a different teacher, so much the better for her-she will
have the same opportunity as other students to know that her ideas