• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's how the Trump administration is saving money to increase the military budget.

Re: Here's how the Trump administration is saving money to increase the military budg

I'll abandon the EPA argument, because you appear to be a climate change denier, and that isn't worth arguing.
Well, you are wrong about that too. What I deny is that there is anything that can be done about climate change, nor do I recognize that the federal government has any constitutional role in 'fighting' climate change.

But "streamlining" the State Department is a ridiculous argument. Tillerson has been at a loss on how to do his job, because they got rid of so many career staffers who actually knew what buttons to press and who to talk to in other governments. And a buffoon like trump needs a competent State Department like few other presidents, because he's a disaster every time he opens his mouth. He has already damaged relations with Australia, the U.K., Japan, Germany - even his buddy Putin is getting tired of his idiocy. Eight friggin' weeks into the job, and he has stepped on so many friendly toes - it's staggering.
Well, we will see what happens. Unlike you, though, I am not in a state of panic. Our allies will remain our allies no matter what Trump says or does.

Re: Here's how the Trump administration is saving money to increase the military budg

What on earth does this have to do with anything?

Door size regulations are a good thing, a very good thing IMO. Just think about how it would be if doors where left to the imagination of the builders and to save money they would make the door opening a good deal smaller. That would no ambulance crew could get in with their gurney, firefighters would have real issues, when someone in a house becomes wheelchair bound they would have to redo all the doors, people with walkers could not get through doors, in case of a fire people would have more issues in fleeing from rooms, etc. etc. etc.

Strict building rules are a good thing. In the Netherlands it is not legal to have fully see through windows in bathrooms to make sure your neighbors (especially their children) do not have to "enjoy" you getting out of the shower in the buff.

Or how it is not allowed to have a window looking in on your neighbors property if that window is less than 7 feet from the border of your land, at least not if you have a clear glass window in that window, if you have milk glass windows that is legal. This to ensure people do not feel spied upon in their own garden. This of course is not an issue if the window is looking into your own garden but if it is facing your neighbors house you cannot just do that (without approval of the neighbors).

And the issue IMHO is not that the building falls down on the builders but that it falls down on the people living in there who have bought it.

And the parthenon was out of marble, something current day houses are not built from.

How many regulations are needed to assure the appropriate installation of doorways?

I just googled "regulations for building doors. I got 128,000,000 hits.

In ancient Greece, I was told that if the building collapsed and killed anyone, the builder was also killed. You seem to have misinterpreted what I wrote.

How many regulations are needed to assure the appropriate installation of doorways?

I just googled "regulations for building doors. I got 128,000,000 hits.

In ancient Greece, I was told that if the building collapsed and killed anyone, the builder was also killed. You seem to have misinterpreted what I wrote.

Google hits are not evidence of over-regulation. Follow one of those hits to find your locality's building codes, and see if you think those regulations are unnecessary.

BRAC is an entirely different issue.

Not at all - it is DoD money being wasted on stuff that the military does not need or want yet, by law, it must be spent that way. I used to rake leaves and cut grass (under contract) at long abandoned navy housing in MD - when I asked why they kept each lot separately fenced (which caused the grounds maintenance to take much longer and thus cost more) they said they were not authorized to "improve" the property but were mandated to keep it in "ready" shape.

Not at all - it is DoD money being wasted on stuff that the military does not need or want yet, by law, it must be spent that way. I used to rake leaves and cut grass (under contract) at long abandoned navy housing in MD - when I asked why they kept each lot separately fenced (which caused the grounds maintenance to take much longer and thus cost more) they said they were not authorized to "improve" the property but were mandated to keep it in "ready" shape.

Property, including those under BRAC, is funded and managed in a different category under different rules. Those categories are largely dictated by Congress.

Property, including those under BRAC, is funded and managed in a different category under different rules. Those categories are largely dictated by Congress.

Yep, but it is all considered "defense" spending. Thus congress critters can both complain about the high cost of the military and keep getting (useless to the military) cash pumped into their state/district.

Yep, but it is all considered "defense" spending. Thus congress critters can both complain about the high cost of the military and keep getting (useless to the military) cash pumped into their state/district.

It nonetheless remains true that ground units can't deploy and squadrons can't fly.

So you really think that NIH is under the knife because they don't reach the Trump/Bannon standards of integrity?

They are getting cut because these idiots want to dismantle the government.

Sorry Trump and integrity in the same sentance? He blew what little integrity he had on that wiretapping stunt.

The savings made from cutting programs for the old and the young will almost cover the cost of his Florida weekends for this year!

Now why would Don want to carpool, and slum it at Camp David once in a while, when the tax payers pick up the tab.

That's because their constituents want them to cut the budget, but bring home money to their district. Balance the budget, cut taxes, but keep that base open and keep pumping money to the local area.

In other words, the voters want what is impossible.

It nonetheless remains true that ground units can't deploy and squadrons can't fly.

Yes, but not due to a lack of "defense" funding.

Now we're debating semantics.

Nope, we are debating spending priorities - the basis for budget decisions.

Not until Congress changes the rules.

Yep, stupid is as stupid does. The rules were changed to make across the board cuts in (the spending growth of?) discretionary spending which is about as stupid and lazy as budgeting can get.

How Conservative is a gov't that takes all the money from budget cuts plus some, and adds it to the defense budget?
Well more conservative then spending on unconstitutional **** that has no business being funded by the federal government. Defense is one area that is constitutional......

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Well more conservative then spending on unconstitutional **** that has no business being funded by the federal government. Defense is one area that is constitutional......

So you are now our go-to guy on constitutionality, eh? Or did you hear this from a journalist? Maybe a blogger?

So you are now our go-to guy on constitutionality, eh? Or did you hear this from a journalist? Maybe a blogger?
Am I wrong??

Am I wrong??

Yeah, according to a bunch of Supreme Court decisions, you are wrong. Spending on these things you consider unconstitutional has all been fully vetted already.

Yeah, according to a bunch of Supreme Court decisions, you are wrong.
Really ?? So it's not the feds job to provide for defense???

Really ?? So it's not the feds job to provide for defense???

Read my edited answer, Speedy. I knew you'd take that stupid route.

Read my edited answer, Speedy. I knew you'd take that stupid route.
Really now??? The stupid route?? Hmm seems like you made a stupid mistake and you knew it and tried to correct... lol you got caught with your pants down talking out your behind.... to keeps things simple for you, here's one item for you to think about, NPR??? Vs defense? You really want to go down the road of vetted? I've got better things to do then waste my time talking to someone who is only capable of talking out their behind. Pull your pants up your ideas stink... cheers

Really now??? The stupid route?? Hmm seems like you made a stupid mistake and you knew it and tried to correct... lol you got caught with your pants down talking out your behind.... to keeps things simple for you, here's one item for you to think about, NPR??? Vs defense? You really want to go down the road of vetted? I've got better things to do then waste my time talking to someone who is only capable of talking out their behind. Pull your pants up your ideas stink... cheers

It's not "NPR vs. defense," it's just "NPR." If funding NPR is constitutional (and it is), that's all there is to the question. The Supreme Court has already answered that question a number of times. You are in no position to question their decisions. And yes, your argument is the stupid route, because it should have been clear, even before my explanation, that I was rebutting your claim of "unconstitutional **** that has no business being funded by the federal government."

So you can stop imagining me with my pants down now. It makes me uncomfortable. Maybe you can instead spend your time reading some actual Supreme Court decisions instead of the rantings of some right-wing blogger.

It's not "NPR vs. defense," it's just "NPR." If funding NPR is constitutional (and it is), that's all there is to the question. The Supreme Court has already answered that question a number of times. You are in no position to question their decisions. And yes, your argument is the stupid route, because it should have been clear, even before my explanation, that I was rebutting your claim of "unconstitutional **** that has no business being funded by the federal government."

So you can stop imagining me with my pants down now. It makes me uncomfortable. Maybe you can instead spend your time reading some actual Supreme Court decisions instead of the rantings of some right-wing blogger.
Lol lol if you think everything the federal government spends money on is constitutional, or vetted I was correct in not wasting time on you... lol stay away from paper bags as you may have a tough time finding ones way a out.. later, on second thought, see you never again.. cheers

I am not saying it's Constitutional or not as it's a pretty loosely ruling laid down by the Supreme Court that could have justified Holocaust. But Federal funding to NPR is a drop in the bucket compared to NPRs actual funding.

Back
Top Bottom