• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hating New Taxes I Get, but why Hate Green Energy?

Greetings, Tim the plumber. :2wave:

Not an awfully large amount, but more than I wanted to lose, since my dollar loss also included a broker commission at the time of purchase!
Aargh!

I am always struck by the willingness of us all to wager money on any structured, understood, bet such as the stock market or a roulette table, vs the difficulties of finding backers for any sort of new technology.

If the new technology works then the return is massive. No matter how good the investment is in something like a new housing development the return is limited and the same risk, of losing all your money is still there.

I am always struck by the willingness of us all to wager money on any structured, understood, bet such as the stock market or a roulette table, vs the difficulties of finding backers for any sort of new technology.

If the new technology works then the return is massive. No matter how good the investment is in something like a new housing development the return is limited and the same risk, of losing all your money is still there.

:agree: :thumbs: It's just that solar seemed to make sense - "the sun is going to shine as it always has so let's take advantage of that" - but the difficulties started when certain humans decided to get involved big-time in a process that could have been a moneymaker for lots of companies that got millions from our government in the form of loans - but then they almost immediately went bankrupt instead - leaving the taxpayers on the hook for millions of dollars to be repaid. Why did that happen? Cronyism at its finest? Who knows?

By way of comparison, climate change science seems to be following the same pattern of behavior, which involves government funding to reach a pre-determined goal, which could explain why there are more and more skeptics every day. It also doesn't help to hear that we are all doomed if we don't accept the arguments of those in charge... when we see that they still regularly get into their large polluting aircraft to fly to exotic locations to discuss climate change with other wealthy elites around the globe, who will probably be among the few who will benefit monetarily! The little people surely won't if their utility bills skyrocket! :thumbdown

:agree: :thumbs: It's just that solar seemed to make sense - "the sun is going to shine as it always has so let's take advantage of that" - but the difficulties started when certain humans decided to get involved big-time in a process that could have been a moneymaker for lots of companies that got millions from our government in the form of loans - but then they almost immediately went bankrupt instead - leaving the taxpayers on the hook for millions of dollars to be repaid. Why did that happen? Cronyism at its finest? Who knows?

By way of comparison, climate change science seems to be following the same pattern of behavior, which involves government funding to reach a pre-determined goal, which could explain why there are more and more skeptics every day. It also doesn't help to hear that we are all doomed if we don't accept the arguments of those in charge... when we see that they still regularly get into their large polluting aircraft to fly to exotic locations to discuss climate change with other wealthy elites around the globe, who will probably be among the few who will benefit monetarily! The little people surely won't if their utility bills skyrocket! :thumbdown

You are of course correct, and giving a known corrupt incompetent more power is always a stupid move, which our government most certainly is. .

I ran into that problem and am still trying to get backers. I have a brilliant idea for a solar clothes dryer kit; a box containing rope and clothespins with complete installation and operating instructions. I planned to market it on late night TV shows and to charge only $19.99 (plus P&H) with free shipping and a complete money back guarantee (less P&H, return shipping and a modest restocking fee). ;)

I ran into that problem and am still trying to get backers. I have a brilliant idea for a solar clothes dryer kit; a box containing rope and clothespins with complete installation and operating instructions. I planned to market it on late night TV shows and to charge only $19.99 (plus P&H) with free shipping and a complete money back guarantee (less P&H, return shipping and a modest restocking fee). ;)

Greetings, ttwtt78640 :2wave:

Brilliant idea, and your price sounds very fair indeed! :thumbs: I bought one of the older models some years ago with arms that swiveled, but it necessitated having my son dig a deep hole, insert a seven foot metal pole to hold the arms, and then pour concrete to fill the hole. I have to say yours sound a lot easier to use, so I will order two today to give as shower gifts for new brides! I'm sure they'll be delighted! :mrgreen

Quilts and blankets just smell so nice when they are air-dried outside, then vacuum sealed in heavy plastic bags till they are needed - I found that I could use my sweeper hose for the vacuuming part, so I saved some money there - but since I needed trees to attach the rope to, and the only trees that were available were fruit trees and they were not in my backyard but near the edge of my property quite a ways away, I had to make do with what was available at Home Depot back then!

Besides I had to consider the wild animals who believe those trees were there for their eating pleasure, and Heaven knows what they would have done if there was no access to the fruit, so this way everyone is happy, and I can always use my electric dryer if I need to!

Good luck on your business venture! :rock:

Last edited:

I have an idea that would generate electricity cheaper than burning coal from wind power.

The problems with the, in my opinion, very beautiful wind turbines we have today is that they require extremely expensive maintainance a lot. Mine would not do so and thus would be very cheap. They would also be cheaper to build and work on less windy days and be able to cope with high winds, which the present ones cannot.

They would be more wasteful of wind power in that the amount of wind energy they took out of the air to what they made in electricity would be less than that of the present ones but who cares about that? The hill theyu sit on does far moe to slow the wind. And I think they would look a bit ugly.

Present wind turbines also suffer from killing birds and creating infra sound and interfeering with TV etc. Mine would not do these things.

I don't really know who to approach with this and if there are any investors out there I need about $150,000 to make a working prototype of decent size and pay for patenting etc. After that I need business expertees.

Finding anybody with these abilities has eluded me so far.

Do you have any sort of utube thing for it?

Have you any IP?

And have you approached any companies in that market sector? A lot easier than doing everything yourself.

[h=2]Another glorious solar scheme fails ignominiously, “fast clouds”, “rusty pipes”, dumb decisions[/h]
Another award winning solar project collapses: it was a $105 million dollar scheme. One company, Areva, lost about $50m and so did the taxpayer. Everything went wrong, management, planning, cheap poor quality steel from China, industrial dispute that left 80% of the pipes rusting on a dock. Three thousand solar reflectors are sitting unused in what was a potato paddock in Dalby. Nobody wants to buy them. They’re obviously worthless. CS Energy is state owned power utility, and it spent $50m but pulled to pin to save wasting another $50m.
In 2011 Julia Gillard raved about how it was going to save 35,000 tons of carbon.
“Ms Gillard says the project could be one of many under the new carbon tax scheme.
“With the clean-energy future I want for our nation, I want it to be a norm,” she said.”. . . .

Climate News
[h=1]Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving[/h]Ooops, looks like those “saving the planet” Tesla snobs just got their eco-ride de-pimped From NyTeknik: h/t to Don Shaw (translated) Huge hopes have been tied to electric cars as the solution to automotive CO2 climate problem. But it turns out the the electric car batteries are eco-villains in the production process of creating them. Several…

Save the planet, make it green with CO2!

[h=1]Mythical subsidies. The energy case.[/h]© August 8, 2017. Michel de Rougemont Following the decarbonisation goals set forth in the Paris climate agreement of December 2015, appeals are made to suppress energy subsidies linked to the use of fossil fuels, and to increase consumption taxes massively as an incentive to burn less of them. According to « experts » of…

Back
Top Bottom