• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Teacher's Day to anyone not trying to use government to dismantle public education (1 Viewer)

I betcha those who will demean public school teachers the loudest never set foot in a school as a volunteer, never volunteered or helped anyone, period. Self-righteous, angry and bitter people who heard on rightwing radio that public school systems are "woke" or "indoctrinating" kids. They actually have NO clue. That lot have never done anything meaningful with their lives so sure, it's easy for them, to mock teachers.

Teachers, like doctors, nurses, scientists, are so above these small-minded, insecure nobodies, that it might explain WHY they are constantly attacking any group of professionals.

Who is using them as 'targets? Or are you just making shit up again.

Need more examples?

It can be a happy teachers day when urban public school students stop failing basic proficiency tests en masse.
We could hire more teachers and reduce class sizes for starters but oh no, the costs, blah, blah, blah.

Check out how Republicans, who not only want to give rich people more tax cuts, want certain kids to have better educational opportunities simply because of their parents financial situation AT THE TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE.

Actually, many of the recent school choice bills that have passed have included low-income students in eligibility.

Is your sister a teacher? What are the left leaning parents doing
that affects the teacher's jobs in a negative way, what they teach and the books they use? What is her school library fight about, what is she rallying against?
My sister's point of view is that parents are not really qualified at all to make decisions about books chosen for school libraries. I'm not quite sure that the local fight has actually begun; my impression is that she and like-minded are organizing. I haven't asked in months--I'm not knocking on that door!--and she has been distracted by pre-teen hell.

I love my sister with all my heart and have found that it's just easier to say nothing when she expresses a point of view like that. I wish only that I always had a topic-killer at the ready the way I did a few years ago when she called to ask, "Seriously, don't you think it's time to rethink the Second Amendment?" I know jack-diddly about gun laws but did know that she knew less, and thanks to reading some of Turtle Dude's posts on the Heller decision, I was able to sweetly ask in return what her thoughts were on Heller. Haha, the end.😁

Thanks to all the teachers out there who really care about our children and do the best with the little they are provided.

In the past they could just concentrate of their jobs of teaching the children, now they are the target of angry politicians, parents, rightwing school committees, book banners, etc.......all while ducking bullets from gun nutters and their children.

I wish them success and safety, and hope not too many of them walk away from their careers out of fear or disgust.

7ea56b2b10317a302f2658176a68ce11.jpg
One of the worse parts is the public pushback we get by people that don't have children in our districts.

Let me clarify for all those people who want to be involved in our school's curriculum. We have a place for you. Unfortunately, it is low paying hard work that takes place before the teachers receive the curriculum and takes place where you won't be able to act out on your misconceptions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom