• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government shutdown again?

I truly now believe that Independents will decide national level elections. From what I have read of polls lately, Indies are preferring Democrats for the midterms.

I know I am. Besides a myriad of not-insignificant other complaints, the vindictive separating of families and the Helsinki kowtow debacle sealed it for me.

As always, brother Pero rises to the occasion, as the cream of our Nation continues to rise the top in our Nation, while the Precipitates settle out as the bottom feeders they are.

I was really inspired by the Koch spokesman.

And I’m truly inspired by the incredibly dry wit of the GOP Senate, as they ride to our rescue once again as we both witnessed as young adults exactly 44 years ago. Exact same timeline.

It’s well last time we all come together and heal under — PENCE/KASICH

Do Not Be Afraid, as our Creator spoke to us.

Do you believe this GOP Senate with McConnell as it's leader will rise to the challenge or will he succumb under pressure from 35% of the country?
I think they fear history 40 year stretch of D control.

Perotista personally I believe the country is the same as it's always been...the only difference being since 2008 or maybe even 2001 the loudest squeaky wheel got the grease and Americans as a whole just kinda said they got this and just lived their lives. We weren't paying attention we fell asleep atvtge wheel. Hopefully we don't go over the cliff and this rumble strip woke us up.

As always, brother Pero rises to the occasion, as the cream of our Nation continues to rise the top in our Nation, while the Precipitates settle out as the bottom feeders they are.

I was really inspired by the Koch spokesman.

And I’m truly inspired by the incredibly dry wit of the GOP Senate, as they ride to our rescue once again as we both witnessed as young adults exactly 44 years ago. Exact same timeline.

It’s well last time we all come together and heal under — PENCE/KASICH

Do Not Be Afraid, as our Creator spoke to us.

Can we heal, I'm beginning to think not.

I guess the only thing to say here then, is: We shall see.

Frankly, I don't think Trump and the GOP have got the guts to do it, but you never know. Trump might.

Trump absolutely has the balls. Let's see how much the dems care for the "dreamers"...they're all of a sudden fiscally conservative...it's only going to cost $25 billion to get a daca deal done...what's the holdup?

Trump absolutely has the balls. Let's see how much the dems care for the "dreamers"...they're all of a sudden fiscally conservative...it's only going to cost $25 billion to get a daca deal done...what's the holdup?

Mitch has already spit on this. Let Trump take the heat for a shut down....good luck. He will lose the House and the Senate and be out on his butt end by the beginning of 2019.

Mitch has already spit on this. Let Trump take the heat for a shut down....good luck. He will lose the House and the Senate and be out on his butt end by the beginning of 2019.

LOL...leftie wet dream!

Do you believe this GOP Senate with McConnell as it's leader will rise to the challenge or will he succumb under pressure from 35% of the country?
I think they fear history 40 year stretch of D control.

Perotista personally I believe the country is the same as it's always been...the only difference being since 2008 or maybe even 2001 the loudest squeaky wheel got the grease and Americans as a whole just kinda said they got this and just lived their lives. We weren't paying attention we fell asleep atvtge wheel. Hopefully we don't go over the cliff and this rumble strip woke us up.

It helps to be a mod/con DEM to understand McConnell. As well as me watching his entire career as an Adult.

It also helps to read his book, ‘The Long Game’. When it comes to matters related to our National Security, McConnell is to be 100% Trusted.

And to make My Angelic Wife smile, Ryan was in diapers when I was ‘Escaping to Wisconsin’, in to this most Gorgeous state.

Type in all 51 GOP Senators and their recent quotes. Only then, will the rest of the Free World be Comforted.

Last edited:
The congresistas actually do work for the government, but no, they won't shut down Congress. Who is running for reelection, and who will get blamed for shutting down the government? How is that likely to sway elections?

If shutting down the government affects no one, no one will care who is to blame for the government shutting down... It's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

Can we heal, I'm beginning to think not.

Libertarian Leftism term seems to disorganized to me.

I will propose Progressive Conservatism, of the original 4 — Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe —

And the Next 4 — Lincoln — T. Roosevelt — FDR — and our Hero, Eisenhower

They gave us the blueprints of thought and action.

We need 100,000,000 Eisenhowers now, and we really already have them.

Now let’s ‘Taken Care Of Business’.

If shutting down the government affects no one, no one will care who is to blame for the government shutting down... It's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

Then kicking Trump out of the Whitehouse won't affect anyone either. Let's do that instead.

Libertarian Leftism term seems to disorganized to me.

I will propose Progressive Conservatism, of the original 4 — Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe —

And the Next 4 — Lincoln — T. Roosevelt — FDR — and our Hero, Eisenhower

They gave us the blueprints of thought and action.

We need 100,000,000 Eisenhowers now, and we really already have them.

Now let’s ‘Taken Care Of Business’.

Great idea, but could any of them win in our modern primary system?

I’m not even there anymore, because after 2020, I’m done with both of them. It’s still about the 99 state remaps and 43 Congressional remaps to me, as McConnell has taught us.

Get this — with the Koch Network abandoning this sinking ship — I’d say their billions could start a Progressive Conservatism Party by 2022 bottom up.

It’s out there. My inspirations are obviously driving me. Pray for me on cigarettes, which I picked up after 31 years off —

If that were true it would already have been done....I hate defending either party but I have to on this lie (by Trump) he was offered full funding in exchange for daca. Tuesday Trump then Thursday Trump added 4 more things, that hurt future or current immigrants.

It helps to be a mod/con DEM to understand McConnell. As well as me watching his entire career as an Adult.

It also helps to read his book, ‘The Long Game’. When it comes to matters related to our National Security, McConnell is to be 100% Trusted.

And to make My Angelic Wife smile, Ryan was in diapers when I was ‘Escaping to Wisconsin’, in to this most Gorgeous state.

Type in all 51 GOP Senators and their recent quotes. Only then, will the rest of the Free World be Comforted.

I just don't have the faith in these people that you do. I hope your right.

The Koch Network just snubbed Key GOP Senate candidate Kevin Cramer in North Dakota versus my Beloved Sen. Heitkamp, stage 4 cancer survivor, and the very best I’ve ever heard on health care. That’s why she won ND in 2012, on the ISSUES.

Take that, Steve Bannon. :lamo:lamo:lamo. The cattle manure just hit the fan.

I just recently gave Sen. Heitkamp more $$$ than I gave her in 2012. My $$$ go to candidates I support, not the DuNCe.

Last edited:
If that were true it would already have been done....I hate defending either party but I have to on this lie (by Trump) he was offered full funding in exchange for daca. Tuesday Trump then Thursday Trump added 4 more things, that hurt future or current immigrants.

If he was, he would have done it...you do know that there's a congress? But anyway, he's been talking about chain migration, the lottery and border security for quite some time. The dems have all the information that they need, will they pay $25 billion for daca or not?

Two more nuclear Senate bombs from the The Koch Network. They have withdrawn support for incumbent Heller of Nevada and challenger Braun in Indiana. This is huge.

You have much work to do on your blog and I look forward to reading it this coming weekend on the FARM.

Hell hath no fury than a multi-multi-billionaire Network pissed off at you.

Two more nuclear Senate bombs from the The Koch Network. They have withdrawn support for incumbent Heller of Nevada and challenger Braun in Indiana. This is huge.

You have much work to do on your blog and I look forward to reading it this coming weekend on the FARM.

Hell hath no fury than a multi-multi-billionaire Network pissed off at you.

Withdrawing from Heller is a direct shot across Trump's bow. Braun as well but Heller is in your face Donald.

Withdrawing from Heller is a direct shot across Trump's bow. Braun as well but Heller is in your face Donald.

And Cramer is the sweetest one of all for me. I give Heidi Heitkamp more $$$ than any Democrat, and Donnelly of Jndiana is right behind.

I’m not even there anymore, because after 2020, I’m done with both of them. It’s still about the 99 state remaps and 43 Congressional remaps to me, as McConnell has taught us.

Get this — with the Koch Network abandoning this sinking ship — I’d say their billions could start a Progressive Conservatism Party by 2022 bottom up.

It’s out there. My inspirations are obviously driving me. Pray for me on cigarettes, which I picked up after 31 years off —

Progressive conservatism. Interesting phrase. I still more a traditional conservative, I believe in fiscal responsibility, not what fiscal conservatism has become which is equated these days to just low taxes. It looks like low taxes without any responsibility at all. Then socially, I guess I am a social liberal. At least to a certain extent.

Progressive conservatism. Interesting phrase. I still more a traditional conservative, I believe in fiscal responsibility, not what fiscal conservatism has become which is equated these days to just low taxes. It looks like low taxes without any responsibility at all. Then socially, I guess I am a social liberal. At least to a certain extent.

I will be sending a long letter to the Koch Network. My wife promises to deliver it if I kick the bucket.

We are the progressive conservatives of our Founding Fathers, and we are already in action bottom up for 2022.

The Koch Network just snubbed Key GOP Senate candidate Kevin Cramer in North Dakota versus my Beloved Sen. Heitkamp, stage 4 cancer survivor, and the very best I’ve ever heard on health care. That’s why she won ND in 2012, on the ISSUES.

Take that, Steve Bannon. :lamo:lamo:lamo. The cattle manure just hit the fan.

I just recently gave Sen. Heitkamp more $$$ than I gave her in 2012. My $$$ go to candidates I support, not the DuNCe.

I haven't donated to a political candidate since the 1990's. The last were Congressman Richard Ray, a pro defense conservative Democrat and to Sam Nunn. I think Heitkamp has been a good senator for ND, same for Manchin in WV or Tester in Montana. More or less my type of Democrat, reflective of the time when we had the big tent Democratic Party. Today, not one of those I mentioned would ever stand a chance in the Democratic Primary.

Back
Top Bottom