• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"George Zimmerman is a Sandy Hook waiting to happen"

Where it would end up? How about where it already was?

Doesn't matter. Like I said before, lot's of KIDS of trouble in school and in their youth; especially boys. Unless you can prove that every single one of them ends up in prison or dead then you can't make the claim that that was his fate.

Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car, he was playing cop because he was a wanna be cop and he got himself in over his untrained head. The only way you can claim that this kid would have ended up dead anyway is if you can prove that every single kid that had trouble in school similar to this ended up in prison. If there is even the tiniest number or percentage that does not end up there then you have no right to make that claim. Guess what....every single kid who has trouble like this AS A KID does not end up in prison.

Um, you aren't even making logical sense, I didn't argue what you are refuting.

That being said, checking on a situation and calling the police is not against the law, jumping someone is though.

He was 17. Enough said. He had a lot of life before him. You have no right to assume or, worse yet, state as fact where his life would end up. That is such a glaringly racist and prejudicial statement...you should be ashamed of yourself.
I dont care how someones life may end up if they are willing to harm a person at any age.
17 is way old enough to know better, to know right from wrong.

Doesn't matter. Like I said before, lot's of KIDS of trouble in school and in their youth; especially boys. Unless you can prove that every single one of them ends up in prison or dead then you can't make the claim that that was his fate.

Did I claim that?

Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car, he was playing cop because he was a wanna be cop and he got himself in over his untrained head. The only way you can claim that this kid would have ended up dead anyway is if you can prove that every single kid that had trouble in school similar to this ended up in prison. If there is even the tiniest number or percentage that does not end up there then you have no right to make that claim. Guess what....every single kid who has trouble like this AS A KID does not end up in prison.

1 in 3 black males end up in prison at some point in their life
people who get in trouble in HS are 8X as likely to wind up in prison
black males are twice as likely to be in prison as hispanics and 7x as likely as whites.

given his "situation", the deck was definitely stacked against Trayvon.

Denying it does nothing. Explain how it isn't

here is the allegedly "racist" statement:

Guess you forgot his face book page, multiple suspensions from school, dope usage, fighting, stealing and ultimately assault on someone who ended up being armed.

unless it is your contention that only blacks get suspended from school, use dope, fight, steal and assault people....there is nothing "racist" about the comment.

would you be calling it racist if he had been talking about some white, asian or hispanic kid?

Um, you aren't even making logical sense, I didn't argue what you are refuting.

That being said, checking on a situation and calling the police is not against the law, jumping someone is though.

Don't paint such an innocent picture of Zimmerman. Following someone through your community, calling the police on them, getting out of your car and following them on foot with a hand gun amounts to alot more then "checking on a situation"

I dont care how someones life may end up if they are willing to harm a person at any age.
17 is way old enough to know better, to know right from wrong.

Then by your definition GZ is just as bad, because he was clearly "willing" to harm another person.

As for right vs wrong. In this situation that is very subjective. I think it is safe to assume that TM thought what he was doing was right, because he was being followed and it freaked him out.

1 in 3 black males end up in prison at some point in their life
people who get in trouble in HS are 8X as likely to wind up in prison
black males are twice as likely to be in prison as hispanics and 7x as likely as whites.

given his "situation", the deck was definitely stacked against Trayvon.

That does not equate to certainty. You can not push people to be an exception then tell them it is impossible to be an exception. Secondly, I really question your numbers.

Don't paint such an innocent picture of Zimmerman. Following someone through your community, calling the police on them, getting out of your car and following them on foot with a hand gun amounts to alot more then "checking on a situation"

Having a hand gun, and having a hand gun drawn are two different things. And it was still checking on the situation, overkill? Maybe (no pun intended). But not wrong or illegal.

Having a hand gun, and having a hand gun drawn are two different things. And it was still checking on the situation, overkill? Maybe (no pun intended). But not wrong or illegal.

Its useless. I dont agree with everything Zimmerman did and how he did it to a tee. But in the end he was found not guilty.
The court even handed the state a gift and asked them if they wanted to lower the charge but they didnt take it.
There was evidence Zimmerman was beaten.
There is evidence Trayvon was a thug looking for trouble.
Even his girlfriend said he liked to fight and didnt see anything wrong with Zimmerman getting an "azz whoopin".

Its useless. I dont agree with everything Zimmerman did and how he did it to a tee. But in the end he was found not guilty.
The court even handed the state a gift and asked them if they wanted to lower the charge but they didnt take it.
There was evidence Zimmerman was beaten.
There is evidence Trayvon was a thug looking for trouble.
Even his girlfriend said he liked to fight and didnt see anything wrong with Zimmerman getting an "azz whoopin".

:caution: :alert you are giving truth and facts, that doesn't go well here! ;)

That is such a glaringly racist and prejudicial statement...you should be ashamed of yourself.
No there is anything glaringly racist or prejudicial about it.
You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such.

Denying it does nothing. Explain how it isn't
:naughty
You made the assertion, you support it.

and TM felt threatened.
The evidence says that he didn't feel threatened.
He felt annoyed by a "creepy ass cracker". He didn't like that he was followed, but he did not feel threatened.
So stop making things up.

Screaming wrong at me does nothing to promote or explain for that matter what your point is. Try again
You try again.
Hell, it is like you don't even know what you are arguing.
Your continued deflection is noted.
Your choosing to lie to deflect is also noted. There was no screaming.
Your unsupported accusations were just further deflection.
You were, and are, wrong.
Nothing changes that.

So lets try again.
Lets see you support your false allegations this time.

You have no idea who this boy was.
Wrong! As usual.

All you have is the toxic swill fed you, and you eagerly drank down, by the media and your own prejudice.
Wrong again!

For you to make a statement about this boy like that says a lot more about you then we will have the chance to learn about who TM was or what potential his life had.
Who said what where?
And frankly Trayvon blew his potential by acting out violently.
He is at fault for that.
Your support of his actions are sickening.

Just as you couldn't support your previous allegations, you can not support the above bs either because they are lies.

Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car,
Says who?
You?
Well you are wrong.

He had every right to get out of his vehicle to see were the suspicious disappeared to.

he was playing cop because he was a wanna be cop and he got himself in over his untrained head.
False. He wasn't playing anything.
Secondly you are continuing to lie as he did not want to be a cop.
That has long ago been established. So stop lying.

Zimmerman actions were innocent. Trayvon's were not.
You are ignoring that Zimmerman followed for a reason.
And no it does not amount to a lot more than "checking on a situation", as that is exactly what it was.

Last edited:

This is not a conversation about what is illegal. This a conversation about who provoked whom. We can't know either way for certain but it is difficult to take you seriously (unless I am confusing your statements with someone else) if you make the claim TM was a fault because he jumped GZ....becauuuuuse....it is also possible that TM felt threatened by GZ. He knew he was being followed and he obviously knew that GZ had gotten out of his car and intensified his pursuit because he circled back around and jumped him in what could have been self defense (albeit overkill) So to say things about how TM is so clearly to blame is profoundly one sided.

No there is anything glaringly racist or prejudicial about it.
You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such.

:naughty
You made the assertion, you support it.

The evidence says that he didn't feel threatened.
He felt annoyed by a "creepy ass cracker". He didn't like that he was followed, but he did not feel threatened.
So stop making things up.

You try again.
Hell, it is like you don't even know what you are arguing.
Your continued deflection is noted.
Your choosing to lie to deflect is also noted. There was no screaming.
Your unsupported accusations were just further deflection.
You were, and are, wrong.
Nothing changes that.

So lets try again.
Lets see you support your false allegations this time.

Just as you couldn't support your previous allegations, you can not support the above bs either because they are lies.

Says who?
You?
Well you are wrong.

He had every right to get out of his vehicle to see were the suspicious disappeared to.

False. He wasn't playing anything.
Secondly you are continuing to lie as he did not want to be a cop.
That has long ago been established. So stop lying.

Zimmerman actions were innocent. Trayvon's were not.
You are ignoring that Zimmerman followed for a reason.
And no it does not amount to a lot more than "checking on a situation", as that is exactly what it was.

Conversations with you are a waste of time. You don't listen AT ALL. You WANT to be right so bad you are unreasonable and close minded in your debates. No thank you.

Conversations with you are a waste of time. You don't listen AT ALL. You WANT to be right so bad you are unreasonable and close minded in your debates. No thank you.
Wrong. It is you who do not listen.
Go back to the start of this exchange and you will see.
You were seeing an excuse when there was none present.
And then when pressed to support your assertion; What behavior? What excuses? You deflected.

I asked questions and all you did in reply is deflect. Like you have no idea what is being discussed.

And as fore a waste of time.
Yeah it is a waste of time for you because no one is buying your bull****. You lie and make false statements. That is a waste of time.

And further more, it is you who are not listing.
If you had anything of relevance to say it would be listened to, but you don't.
If you were listening, you would know that the crap you have been spewing is wrong.
If you had listened, you would know it is your racial bias that causes you to say things to try and mitigate Trayvon's wrongful actions. Which can't be.
If you had listened, you would know that you are purposely ignoring facts in favor of that bias.

So please spare us. You are clearly the one not listening, are close minded and unreasonable.

That does not equate to certainty. You can not push people to be an exception then tell them it is impossible to be an exception. Secondly, I really question your numbers.

they're not "my numbers". if you don't like them...feel free to do some research and find your own

Sounding every bit like you want anyone that defends himself to be jailed. So he was the only one alive to tell about it.
The police found no reason not to believe his initial story and he never deviated from it.

Oh, blow me. That's not what I said and you know it.

You were not there but I believe that Zimmerman created no "atsmophere" in which Trayvon was warrented in punching him.

He acknowledged following Trayvon by car then getting out getting out and following him on foot.

Last time that happened to me (30 years ago) I was mugged.

I didn't know what he was going to do until he was right up on me, and thank God I was amped up and prepared to attack .

It may be legal to follow someone who is walking alone in the dark, but it is f-ing insane.

Back
Top Bottom