• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Soros Finances Group Helping Facebook Flag ‘Disputed’ Stories

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) drafted a code of five principles for news websites to accept, and Facebook yesterday announced it will work with “third-party fact checking organizations” that are signatories to the code of principles.

Facebook says that if the “fact checking organizations” determine that a certain story is fake, it will get flagged as disputed and, according to the Facebook announcement, “there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why. Stories that have been disputed may also appear lower in News Feed.”

IFCN is hosted by the Poynter Institute for Media Studies. A cursory search of the Poynter Institute website finds that Poynter’s IFCN is openly funded by Soros’ Open Society Foundations as well as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, and the National Endowment for Democracy.

Soros Finances Group Helping Facebook Flag ‘Disputed’ Stories

I'm really glad the Obama, Hillary, and the rest will be wandering in the political forest for the foreseeable future, or they would have surely given these "one truth'ers" enforcement privileges. I hope Facebook is smarter than this. I never went to face book for news in the first place, and I wouldn't know where to find "news". This is really stupid. California stupid. That special stupid that they get in this state that they seem to think everyone agrees with them. Facebook is going to get burned and spit roasted.

Liberals still licking their wounds. Yummy.

I don't believe that this news is true.

I think Facebook is the last place I would ever use to find news. In fact it is the last place I would use for anything. The internet has always been wild and wooly as it should be. Leave it alone.

Wow. I guess when Soros dies some people are going to very sad. It seems he is the ONLY source of evil in the world. Not like Koch brothers aren't. LOL

Chris

You should share your approach with conservatives, as studies have found that the Right was FAR MORE likely to absorb and pass on false news than the left during the past election.

Just how partisan is Facebook's fake news? We tested it | PCWorld

Interesting test of facebook. Strange they picked a prospective VP with the current VP to like and then the sitting President with a former House Speaker. I believe that selecting Tim Kane instead of Obama and perhaps Pelosi instead of Obama would have been a bit more consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when do conservatives give two ****s where someone else spends their money?

I'm really glad the Obama, Hillary, and the rest will be wandering in the political forest for the foreseeable future, or they would have surely given these "one truth'ers" enforcement privileges. I hope Facebook is smarter than this. I never went to face book for news in the first place, and I wouldn't know where to find "news". This is really stupid. California stupid. That special stupid that they get in this state that they seem to think everyone agrees with them. Facebook is going to get burned and spit roasted.

Breitbart. /thread

Why does Breitbart have such a hard on for George Soros?

OK... I get it. You lefties have no problem with Facebook partnering with George Soros to determine what is "True" and what is "False".

To me that decision is a no brainer. It should be for you too. Answer the phone, your democrat party is calling asking where it's brain went. Tell them it's at Facebook today.

OK... I get it. You lefties have no problem with Facebook partnering with George Soros to determine what is "True" and what is "False".

To me that decision is a no brainer. It should be for you too. Answer the phone, your democrat party is calling asking where it's brain went. Tell them it's at Facebook today.

This from someone who uses Breitbart as a source....

Since when do conservatives give two ****s where someone else spends their money?

When they're not spending it on "conservative" ideals/businesses.

Are you really getting your "news" through facebook, lol.

Why does Breitbart have such a hard on for George Soros?

Why does Breitbart count as "mainstream media"? It's just a partisan as **** tabloid rag. The Onion is more accurate than Breitbart.

Why does Breitbart count as "mainstream media"? It's just a partisan as **** tabloid rag. The Onion is more accurate than Breitbart.

The article is sourced ou of Tel Aviv. Obviously you didn't read the article and only chose to opine because it is "Breitbart".

"Facebook says that if the “fact checking organizations” determine that a certain story is fake, it will get flagged as disputed and, according to the Facebook announcement, “there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why. Stories that have been disputed may also appear lower in News Feed.”

IFCN is hosted by the Poynter Institute for Media Studies. A cursory search of the Poynter Institute website finds that Poynter’s IFCN is openly funded by Soros’ Open Society Foundations as well as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, and the National Endowment for Democracy.

The article is sourced ou of Tel Aviv. Obviously you didn't read the article and only chose to opine because it is "Breitbart".

"Facebook says that if the “fact checking organizations” determine that a certain story is fake, it will get flagged as disputed and, according to the Facebook announcement, “there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why. Stories that have been disputed may also appear lower in News Feed.”

Anyone who gets their news solely from Facebook is a fool.

I was just going to post same.
How does someone post Breitbark as MSM?
It's clearly non-MSM. No TV or published version.
And Alt-Right, means ALTERNATIVE-to-mainstream Hard right.

Last edited:

And Breitbart is funded by Robert Mercer.
And Breitbart runs great "news" headlines such as:
Obama Signs Bill Banning Government Use of ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’
---- FALSE
Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Nation'
---- FALSE
Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy ---- Uhh WTF?
Roger Stone: Huma Abedin ‘Most Likely a Saudi Spy’ with ‘Deep, Inarguable Connections’ to ‘Global Terrorist Entity’ --- Seriously? ****ing crazy conspiracy **** that has routinely found to be FALSE
The Solution To Online ‘Harassment’ Is Simple: Women Should Log Off
--- Yea women! Learn your place, its not on the web!
Trump 100% Vindicated: CBS Reports ‘Swarm’ On Rooftops Celebrating 9/11 --- FALSE
DATA: Young Muslims in the West Are a Ticking Time Bomb, Increasingly Sympathising with Radicals, Terror --- FALSE
Michelle Obama Copied Alinsky in Speech Melania Trump Allegedly Plagiarized
-- FALSE
Secret Hagel Donor?: White House Spox Ducks Question on 'Friends of Hamas' --- FALSE
Obama’s new attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch represented Clintons during Whitewater
-- FALSE
Muslim Prayer Rug Found on Arizona Border by Independent American Security Contractors -- FALSE

See I think the problem Breitbart has with many "fact checking" organizations is because they call the pice of **** clickbait site for what it is, complete bull****

Back
Top Bottom