• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gay Wedding Cake Issue Revisited In Denver . . . Only Now It's Websites - Not Cakes

There is a difference between approving of specific actions and bigotry. Heterosexual do far more harm to kids than any drag queen. Do you single out all heterosexuals? A couple of recent incidents where the mother killed their own kids , do you disapprove of all mothers? I don't car for S&M floats but they don't represent all or even a majority of gays any more than the proud boy scum represent all Christians. Want to talk grooming? Let's look at all the religious schools and institutions doing a ton of damage to kids and adults alike. And it's certainly more wide spread than all the gays and drag queens ever. I love religion, you can rationalize anything including who best to hate. Bob Hope, Milton Bearle and plenty of others dressed in drag and were seen by kids and no one cared. Spare me your fake concern.
Spare me your made up bs.

So in your view protecting children from groomers is discriminatory.
how much propaganda can one make up lol
what groomers?
who said protecting children is discrimiatory?
also NONE of that is = sexual relation /gender
Drag queens reading to small children is fine with you.
yes
been going on my whole life and way before me
Drag queens =/= sexual orientation gender
drag queens =/= danger
Biological males/trans “women” in women’s locker rooms is acceptable.
yes its a locker room

Gay rights parades with sado masochists on floats is normal behavior.
compared to st patty's day, Halloween, Mardi Gras and spring break events yes . .
ive seen worse at spring break, mardi gras and Halloween parties
No lines need to be drawn in your view?
who said theres no lines? another false narritive

what was said is discrimination based on race and sexual orientation is the same vile behavior and it is
🍿

One cake not made for a gay couple is what this dumb thread is about. How many cakes have you baked? Or refused to bake? But you’re calling out the “bigotry” over it.
It was not just one cake for one gay couple. Masterpiece Cakes refused to make wedding cakes for all same sex weddings. Jack Phillips the owner can be as bigoted as he likes. He is free to petition the legislature to repeal the SSM law, he can march and carry a sign saying all manner of hateful things about gays, he can vote for candidates that say they will discriminate against gays every chance they get. His bigotry is protected by the 1st Amendment. What he can't do is ignore the Colorado law that says when you open a business to the public you can't refuse to sell to someone based on their sexual orientation. That's the law in Colorado. I'm calling out his refusal to obey the law.
One drag queen. One bio male in a girls locker room or restroom. One gay rights parade with a sado masochist float is one too many. I live in California part time. Perversion is rampant in the government and it permeates the society. People are calling evil good, and good evil. Just like you.
We just went down to Berkeley to pick up a piece of furniture, visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium, see the redwoods and drive along the coast. The trip was notable for it's interesting sights. Stopped in several stations for gas and restrooms neither of us were accosted by perverts. In Crescent City the motel owners cat wanted to sleep with us. I don't think it was perverted and evil, just cold. But you can't be too careful.

Bigotry is bigotry. Based on some nonsense written long ago by ignorant assholes doesn't make it any better.
Bigotry : (Oxford Languages)
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

Would calling the group of people who wrote scriptures "ignorant assholes" not be a form of bigotry?

Bigotry : (Oxford Languages)
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

Would calling the group of people who wrote scriptures "ignorant assholes" not be a form of bigotry?
I didn't say I wouldn't bake them a cake. Based on the garbage in the Bible I would say ignorant is appropriate. Based on how people were treated who didn't agree with their ignorance I would say asshole was being kind. Much like today's Christian national ignorant assholes.

I didn't say I wouldn't bake them a cake. Based on the garbage in the Bible I would say ignorant is appropriate. Based on how people were treated who didn't agree with their ignorance I would say asshole was being kind. Much like today's Christian national ignorant assholes.
I've never met a bigot who didn't feel justified in his wholesale hatred for a group. They never see their stance as anything other than righteous.

People do use religion as an excuse for various forms of bigotry.

Some use it to swindle money out of the elderly and the desperate too. There is a predatory side to religion.
While that might be true, it also seems rather bigoted, not to mention hypocritical, to expect tolerance, love and kumbaya when one fails to be tolerant in return.

It's a perfect example of someone choosing a selective approach to scripture, selecting what suits their prejudices while conveniently ignoring other texts.

You know that this was one of his biggest regrets. Think about it for a minute. He regretted it, he didn't keep digging.
When it obviously became uncomfortable. No one else gets to say they regret it and is excused, especially not Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom