• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gay marriage adds complexity in swing states[W:166; 763]

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
More proof that Hussein is in deep Kimchee come November. Looks like 4 more states in addition to NJ and Washington will be adding a referendum in Novermber defining marriage as a union between a man and a womaan.

Voters in Minnesota — considered a Democratic-leaning state where many expect Obama will win — will weigh in November a referendum to bolster the state's statutory ban on gay marriage with a constitutional amendment. It could become a more competitive state if gay-rights opponents use Obama's position to rally conservatives. The same could happen in Democratic-tilting Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania if the issue gains steam.

Gay marriage adds complexity in swing states - Times Union

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gay marriage adds complexity in swing states

Blah, I'm sure this hick-ass town I live in will have all sorts of idiots on the streets with their stupid signs quoting Leviticus.

Guess what? God also hates shrimp.

More proof that Hussein is in deep Kimchee come November. Looks like 4 more states in addition to NJ and Washington will be adding a referendum in Novermber defining marriage as a union between a man and a womaan.

Voters in Minnesota — considered a Democratic-leaning state where many expect Obama will win — will weigh in November a referendum to bolster the state's statutory ban on gay marriage with a constitutional amendment. It could become a more competitive state if gay-rights opponents use Obama's position to rally conservatives. The same could happen in Democratic-tilting Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania if the issue gains steam.

Gay marriage adds complexity in swing states - Times Union

Name calling is juvenile NP. How about you call your president by name instead of always doing this stupid ****?

Once again, you live in Right Wing Radio la la land.

Washington will not pass such silliness. You and your right wing religious bigoted ilk will go down in flames.

More proof that Hussein is in deep Kimchee come November.

You are using a Persian name and a Korean food? WTF? Should have used Hummus or something.

BTW here is what wkipedia has to say about the name Hussein:

Hussein (also spelled Husein, Husain, Hussain, Husayin, Hussayin, Huseyin, Husseyin, Huseyn, Hossain, Hossein, or Husseyn) (Arabic: حسین‎, Ḥusayn), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

You are using a Persian name and a Korean food? WTF? Should have used Hummus or something.

Hussein (also spelled Husein, Husain, Hussain, Husayin, Hussayin, Huseyin, Husseyin, Huseyn, Hossain, Hossein, or Husseyn) (Arabic: حسین‎, Ḥusayn), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

So you are saying NP makes all these threads about gays and Obama because NP has the hots for the "beautiful" Obama? :lamo

So you are saying NP makes all these threads about gays and Obama because NP has the hots for the "beautiful" Obama? :lamo

It is so obvious :yes:

Name calling is juvenile NP. How about you call your president by name instead of always doing this stupid ****?

That is his name and until he changes it, and that will never happen..........Instead of attacking me how about addressing the 4 more states who will have the gay marriage issue on their ballot in November...........they will all pass and bring out thousands of voters who will vote for Romney....Thank you

Another personal attack on a member by someone who should no better........

Hussein (also spelled Husein, Husain, Hussain, Husayin, Hussayin, Huseyin, Husseyin, Huseyn, Hossain, Hossein, or Husseyn) (Arabic: حسین‎, Ḥusayn), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".[/QUOTE]

I never said he was ugly except for those huge ears that stick way out from his head ...He just beter be careful standing in a strong wind.......:wink2:

Once again, you live in Right Wing Radio la la land.

Washington will not pass such silliness. You and your right wing religious bigoted ilk will go down in flames.

I live in Washington my left wing friend and we have the 125,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.......Its true Washington is considered a very liberal state but that is only because of the Seattle Tacoma corrider.....The rest of the state is made up of bible reading gun toting Christians which Hussein Obama hates.........The refrerendum will get st least 60%..Take it to the bank my left wing friend....

hold on a minute!!!!!

.....Navy Pride is in love with Barack Obama?

Last edited:

I live in Washington my left wing friend and we have the 125,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.......Its true Washington is considered a very liberal state but that is only because of the Seattle Tacoma corrider.....The rest of the state is made up of bible reading gun toting Christians which Hussein Obama hates.........The refrerendum will get st least 60%..Take it to the bank my left wing friend....

A May 2011 Public Policy Polling survey found that 46% of Washington voters thought that same-sex marriage should be legal, while 44% thought it should be illegal and 10% were not sure.[14]
An October 2011 University of Washington poll found that 55% of Washington voters would vote to uphold a legislatively approved same-sex marriage bill if it were put to a referendum, while 38% would oppose it and 7% were undecided. A separate question on the same survey found that 43% of respondents thought that gay and lesbian couples should have the same right to marry as straight couples, 22% thought that gay and lesbian couples should have the same rights as straight couples without the word "marriage," 15% thought that gay and lesbian couples should have domestic partnerships with only some of the rights of marriage, 17% opposed all legal recognition, and 3% didn't know.[15]
A February 2012 Public Policy Polling survey found that 50% of Washington voters would vote to uphold a law which would legalize same-sex marriage, while 46% would threaten to repeal it and 4% were not sure. On the same survey voters 49% thought that same-sex marriage should be legal, while 44% thought it should be illegal and 7% were not sure. When it comes to the options of marriage, civil unions, and no legal recognition, 46% feel that homosexual couples should be allowed to legally marry, 32% believe that gay couples should be allowed a civil union and just 20% are opposed to all legal recognition of gay relationships, 2% were not sure. [16]
Same-sex marriage in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I live in Washington my left wing friend and we have the 125,000 signatures to get it on the ballot......

Oh how sweet. You and your right wing Eastern WA rednecks unite. Sorry to inform you if you actually knew anything about WA State History, that dog won't hunt. Never has,
.Its true Washington is considered a very liberal state but that is only because of the Seattle Tacoma corrider.....

Fortunately those in the Seattle area are well educated common sense folks. They are not homophobic bigots who vote according to Right Wing Religious Radio. They actually think for themselves. You should try that for once.

The rest of the state is made up of bible reading gun toting Christians which Hussein Obama hates.

LOL Yeah Buddy. Rednecks and gun nuts. Gotta love what you find dear.

........The refrerendum will get st least 60%..Take it to the bank my left wing friend....

You're wrong on two points. Right on one. You are right that I am left wing and proud of it. However, the referendum will not pass. And I'm not your friend. I loathe the very thought of it.

Another personal attack on a member by someone who should no better........

In other words.

"I called got called out for my juvenile, childish behaviour so I'll call it a personal attack"

Baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I've lived in Washington. First in Bellingham, Sedro Woolley, Mt Vernon areas. They're fairly liberal in those areas. I also lived in Moses Lake while going to Job Corp. Its more religious than any of the other three areas I mentioned combined so it may go against SSM. I currently visit Spokane on a regular basis (unfortenately...i hate washington) And while there are a lot of churches in Spokane and lots of people go to them churches, most of the time they are just paying lip service. Hell, East Sprague avenue and Division are well known areas even here in Idaho as places to go find a prostitute (and I live 130 some odd miles from Washington border). Bellevue area however will more than likely be on your side NP as thats where most of the old rich folks live in Washington.

So don't count your chickens before they hatch. ;)

Last edited:

That is his name and until he changes it, and that will never happen..........Instead of attacking me how about addressing the 4 more states who will have the gay marriage issue on their ballot in November...........they will all pass and bring out thousands of voters who will vote for Romney....Thank you

It is not the name he goes by, and you just do it as grade school namecalling.

I've lived in Washington. First in Bellingham, Sedro Woolley, Mt Vernon areas. They're fairly liberal in those areas. I also lived in Moses Lake while going to Job Corp. Its more religious than any of the other three areas I mentioned combined so it may go against SSM. I currently visit Spokane on a regular basis (unfortenately...i hate washington) And while there are a lot of churches in Spokane and lots of people go to them churches, most of the time they are just paying lip service. Hell, East Sprague avenue and Division are well known areas even here in Idaho as places to go find a prostitute (and I live 130 some odd miles from Washington border). Bellevue area however will more than likely be on your side NP as thats where most of the old rich folks live in Washington.

So don't count your chickens before they hatch. ;)

Speaking of the rich living in Bellvue, I guess you know where the richest liberal of them all Bill Gates lives right.............

Trust me like I said I live here now and moderates and independents will flock to the polls as well as Conservative to ensure Mariage remains defined as a union between a man and a woman and you can take that to the bank........

Oh and you do know that no state has approved gay marriage when it went to a vote right.............

Last edited:

It is not the name he goes by, and you just do it as grade school namecalling.

Address the thread if you can ........

In other words.

"I called got called out for my juvenile, childish behaviour so I'll call it a personal attack"

Baby_crying_closeup.jpg

It wasn't me that did that my left wing friend..........

Oh how sweet. You and your right wing Eastern WA rednecks unite. Sorry to inform you if you actually knew anything about WA State History, that dog won't hunt. Never has,

Fortunately those in the Seattle area are well educated common sense folks. They are not homophobic bigots who vote according to Right Wing Religious Radio. They actually think for themselves. You should try that for once.

LOL Yeah Buddy. Rednecks and gun nuts. Gotta love what you find dear.

You're wrong on two points. Right on one. You are right that I am left wing and proud of it. However, the referendum will not pass. And I'm not your friend. I loathe the very thought of it.

I will pass on the name calling but you do know that every state that had a referendum on the ballot passed even very liberal ones like Oregon and California that are more liberal then Washington...

Address the thread if you can ........

I was adressing your comm ents in the OP. That would be addressing the thread. It's not my fault you open with schoolyard taunts.

I will pass on the name calling but you do know that every state that had a referendum on the ballot passed even very liberal ones like Oregon and California that are more liberal then Washington...

Good luck getting all that out of state mormon money that funded prop 8 in California to make it happen in yours.

Calling Obama "Hussein" is baiting NP. I've told you this for FOUR YEARS and have asked you to stop many times. It's stupid, makes you look like a hack, and makes any argument you have irrelevant. I will ask you, ONE MORE TIME, friend to friend. Stop doing it.

Back
Top Bottom