• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FY2019 Budget Infographics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry trump became president 2017. He doesnt get credit for stuff that happened in obama's term.
Deny all you want, but Trump's election was a signal to investors and business people that the bad old days of Obamanomics were numbered. Start with 2017 if you want, Trump's bull market is still readily apparent.

Deny all you want, but Trump's election was a signal to investors and business people that the bad old days of Obamanomics were numbered. Start with 2017 if you want, Trump's bull market is still readily apparent.

Yet his depression is one the worst in us history, if not the worst.

There's a lot of that going around in the Progressive-Liberal orbit; more cases of economic ignorance than COVID. Lots of Obama Deification too.

Just standard partisanship, the Republicans do the same thing, crediting/blaming as needed to win elections. The real ones to blame are the voters who keep reelecting the same partys/people.

Numbers and charts don't lie, Kush. All you've presented is charts whose scales hide significant changes

False. You've only screamed this while running away, never being able to demonstrate anything as such. Not once have you produced data that demonstrates a clear bump in economic activity.

your main argument has been since a particular metric was trending in a particular direction it will continue on that way, ad infinitum.

That isn't my argument. You're batting zero in this thread! My main argument is that rGDP didn't grow 3%, 4%, 5%, or even 6% as was predicted by the Trump administration. The Treasury department scored fiscal policy model with 3%+ rGDP growth as far back as February.

Bottom, line - you got the responses your statements deserved.

It's the best you could do given your familiarity of the subject matter and integrity.

False. You've only screamed this while running away, never being able to demonstrate anything as such. Not once have you produced data that demonstrates a clear bump in economic activity.

That isn't my argument. You're batting zero in this thread! My main argument is that rGDP didn't grow 3%, 4%, 5%, or even 6% as was predicted by the Trump administration. The Treasury department scored fiscal policy model with 3%+ rGDP growth as far back as February.

It's the best you could do given your familiarity of the subject matter and integrity.
Don't make me laugh. Your "integrity" comprises defending Obama at all cost. I've posted specific tables of data which support my points and can be inspected in detail.

I've posted specific tables of data which support my points and can be inspected in detail.

I've already refuted what you've posted. Again... your choice was to run away from post #72 because you are not capable of a response that isn't a variation of you're defending Obama!.

Except for claiming we had Democrats in charge - GOP controlled the House from 2011 on. And the Senate 2015-2016. In fact during Obama's reign Dems lost close to a thousand seats in federal and state offices.

irrelevant. The trend line began in 2010, as a direct result of democrat leadership following the great bush recession. No legislation as passed after the GOP gained control that had any effect on the existing trend line.

Theres really no point in arguing with him. He denies how the budget and spending process works.

huh? I've had to explain it to you over and over again, and you still don't seem to comprehend what 6th grade school students can.

irrelevant. The trend line began in 2010, as a direct result of democrat leadership following the great bush recession. No legislation as passed after the GOP gained control that had any effect on the existing trend line.
LOL, you do know that the election of 2010 turned the House back to the Dems and broke the Dems filibuster-proof control of the Senate, right? Oh, and swept hundreds of other Democrat office holders out of state offices as well.
And, as a result, Trillion dollar deficits disappeared. :eek:

I've already refuted what you've posted. Again... your choice was to run away from post #72 because you are not capable of a response that isn't a variation of you're defending Obama!.
You don't "refute" you mouth endless LW mantras. Numbers count, Kush, and I presented detailed tables of numbers.

LOL, you do know that the election of 2010 turned the House back to the Dems and broke the Dems filibuster-proof control of the Senate, right? Oh, and swept hundreds of other Democrat office holders out of state offices as well.
And, as a result, Trillion dollar deficits disappeared. :eek:

and you can't point to a single piece of legislation which helped the economy passed by the GOP congress after 2010. The $1T deficits came down because the economy bounced back from the republican caused recession. GOP incompetence is expensive to fix, and time consuming.

and you can't point to a single piece of legislation which helped the economy passed by the GOP congress after 2010. The $1T deficits came down because the economy bounced back from the republican caused recession. GOP incompetence is expensive to fix, and time consuming.
The deficits came down, not because legislation was PASSED, but because it WASN'T; the Dem house exercised a little adult supervision on Obama's drive to tax and spend us to economic nirvana. But you are correct that the economy bounced back - because investors, business people, lenders, consumers and entrepreneurs saw that Obama's "you didn't build that" mentality was being curtailed by Dems. Which is way in subsequent elections Dems lost more and more seats.

The deficits came down, not because legislation was PASSED, but because it WASN'T; the Dem house exercised a little adult supervision on Obama's drive to tax and spend us to economic nirvana. But you are correct that the economy bounced back - because investors, business people, lenders, consumers and entrepreneurs saw that Obama's "you didn't build that" mentality was being curtailed by Dems. Which is way in subsequent elections Dems lost more and more seats.

I can see that reality, facts and data are not your thing. Carry on.

I can see that reality, facts and data are not your thing. Carry on.
Those are facts, you seem to be clinging to LW "truths". Obama's programs and policies were the greatest campaign tools for the Republicans.

Those are facts, you seem to be clinging to LW "truths". Obama's programs and policies were the greatest campaign tools for the Republicans.

You’ve been given the data showing your claims are abject nonsense, hence you are rejecting reality. It’s amusing.

Suit yourself, Vern, I'm done dealing with your semi-literate superciliousness.

Your insults are simply you cutting and running from the facts I've posted. I'm guessing your whiplash is so severe you're unable to respond to the facts.

And you use a deceptive chart embracing the recovery from a deep recession boosting numbers for Obama.

Numbers and charts don't lie,

get well soon.

What was that again.

No, you posted a clip of monthly unemployment rates to make the argument that:
I also posted payroll employment numbers.

The only thing you've supported is the notion of a severe economic downturn.

Want me to make you look like a fool here as well? Ok, here goes

U.S. Federal Budget Breakdown

Interest on the U.S. debt is forecast to be $479 billion. Interest on the approximate $23 trillion debt is the fastest-growing federal expense, expected to double by 2028.

The government expects to spend $4.746 trillion in 2020. Almost 60% of that pays for mandated benefits such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid—the mandatory spending category.

The remaining $1.4 trillion pays for everything else. This is called discretionary spending. The U.S. Congress changes this amount each year, using the president's budget as a starting point.

The budget estimated that mandatory spending would be $2.841 trillion in FY 2020. This category includes entitlement programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, unemployment compensation, and others.

Social Security was expected to be the biggest expense at $1.102 trillion, followed by Medicare at $679 billion, then Medicaid at $418 billion.

Social Security costs are currently 100% covered by payroll taxes and interest on investments.
The discretionary budget for 2020 is $1.426 trillion. More than half goes toward military spending, including the Department of Veterans Affairs and other defense-related departments. The rest must pay for all other domestic programs. The largest of these programs are Health and Human Services, Education, and Housing and Urban Development.

Income taxes contribute $1.824 trillion or 50% of total receipts

Social Security, Medicare, and other payroll taxes add $1.295 trillion or 36%

Corporate taxes supply $255 billion or 7%

Excise taxes and tariffs contribute $157 billion or 4%

Earnings from the Federal Reserve's holdings add $49 billion or 2%. Those are interest payments on the U.S. Treasury debt the Fed acquired through quantitative easing.

Estate taxes and other miscellaneous revenue supply the remaining 2%
POINT PROVEN!!!

Discretionary spending 1.426

Discretionary Revenue from taxes that pay for discretionary spending

FIT 1.825 trillion
CIT .255 billion
Excise and TARIFFS 157 billion

Let's see you do the math do all those add up to more than the discretionary budget PLUS interest expense

Continue on and I will continue to show how corrupt and ignorant Obama supporters from Chicago really are

Ok, here goes

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom