• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News legal analyst: Hunter Biden's work overseas 'looks bad, but none of it is criminal'

Where are you people coming up with this stuff? Nobody I've heard of is saying that Hunter Biden or, for that matter, Joe Biden did anything illegal. What Trump wanted looked into was whether there were issues of corruption related to Burisma and, in particular, the firing of the prosecutor. If he's giving money to the Ukraine he wants to make sure that the new leadership is taking action with regard to the long history of corruption in that country.
Bull****. Trump specifically mentioned only two issues related to "corruption" (aka Trump conpiracy theories) the Bidens and Crowdstrike (DNC servers). That isn't going after corruption (especially since if Hunter didnt do anything illegal, then the rest of the story about Joe Biden getting the Prosecutor fired falls completely apart), that is trying to dig up dirt on political opponents, enemies using the power of the President.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

If he wasnt doing anything illegal, then there would have been no need to get the prosecutor fired just for his sons benefit, and the entire "we must investigate the Bidens in Ukraine" thing is BS.

Just because Hunter Biden wasn't doing anything illegal doesn't mean that there wasn't illegal or corrupt activities involving Burisma. Realistically, the whole Biden thing stinks like rotten fish and whether illegal or not it looks REALLY bad.

I haven't heard anyone say that what he did was illegal. I HAVE heard that there may have been some benefit he received due to his father's position in the US government and that the relationship hay have presented some ethics issues.

LOL! Nakedly dishonest comedy GOLD!

Just because Hunter Biden wasn't doing anything illegal doesn't mean that there wasn't illegal or corrupt activities involving Burisma. Realistically, the whole Biden thing stinks like rotten fish and whether illegal or not it looks REALLY bad.
There would be no need to protect Hunter Biden if Burisma alone was doing something illegal or corrupt. Again, the story falls apart. But then again, no one has been able to explain what Hunter Biden was supposedly being accused of, investigated for that would lead to Joe Biden getting the Prosecutor General fired for (and supposedly after creating a campaign against that Prosecutor General so large they could convince other countries, the Ukraine people themselves, as well as several Republican Senators that Shokin was corrupt and deserved to be fired).

Welcome to the world. Kids with famous parents getting breaks they wouldn't otherwise get isn't new. Do you think George W. Bush would have been president had his father not been president? Do you think the Bush daughters got opportunities because of their family? Do you think Paris Hilton's last name didn't open up opportunities? The Kardashians are rich and famous because the dad defended OJ. In Hollywood we have lots of it. Carrie Fisher got a big boost from mother Debbie Reynolds and father Eddie Fisher. David Carradine got a start because his father was John Carradine. Add to that the Barrymores, the Bridges, the Sheens and you see what I mean.

Bottom line: whatever the Ukrainians and Chinese might have expected, they didn't get undo influence.

How on Earth would you know that?? Answer: you dont. You believe it to be true because Biden is in your tribe. You would draw no such conclusion if Don Jr. flew out of China with a $1.5 billion deal.

I wonder when Barr is going to investigate all of those patents the lovely Mrs. Kushner, a staffer in her father's White House, was granted by China in what seems to be very suspicious timing:
As Trump criticizes Hunter Biden, House Democrats should be investigating his daughter

I already had given you the answer ... why do you keep bringing up that BS over and over again?

"Because she had applied for them in 2016 and 2017 respectively and received the Chinese okay later ... with the first one to arrive about a year after she had closed down her business."

Wait, nepotism is a thing? I haven't been this shocked since I learned that there was gambling going on at Rick's Place.

Of course, nepotism is not illegal. But taking bribes is.

There would be no need to protect Hunter Biden if Burisma alone was doing something illegal or corrupt. Again, the story falls apart. But then again, no one has been able to explain what Hunter Biden was supposedly being accused of, investigated for that would lead to Joe Biden getting the Prosecutor General fired for (and supposedly after creating a campaign against that Prosecutor General so large they could convince other countries, the Ukraine people themselves, as well as several Republican Senators that Shokin was corrupt and deserved to be fired).

Hunter, a guy with pretty much no experience in the energy industry, gets a job with Burisma at roughly the same time his father, the VP, becomes point man for Ukraine and he gets a salary of something totally stupid. Then, with the EU and the US all having their hands in the Ukraine pie, Biden decides that Shokin needs to go. Was Shokin corrupt? Maybe. Seems there was a whole lot of "corrupt" going on over there and a whole lot of politically affiliated folks making a killing in the midst of all that corruption. Now we have Zelensky elected elected. It makes perfect sense that Trump would want to insure that the people he's dealing with aren't engaged in the same kind of corruption he has been looking at on this side of the pond for three years.

Let's put this in perspective, Trump gets elected and he's immediately accused of coordinating with Russia to rig the election. He wasn't doing any such thing and he's blown away that the bull**** story gained so much traction. Then he starts to get fed information that the Clinton campaign and the DNC were actually running an op against him. Furthermore, he's hearing that people at the FBI, CIA, NSA and the intelligence services of other countries may have been involved in running that op. He takes that stuff personally and starts going after those people. Some of those people were tied to Ukraine so, naturally, he wants that investigated too. Yeah, it's about him and his pride but it's ALSO about a vast network of political corruption that facilitates stuff like what happened to him.

Perhaps a more accurate headline would be: Never Trumper again disagrees with the president.

Yeah that sounds like a great title for those living in Republican fantasy-land. But here in reality we like to tell the truth and use people's real names.

Perhaps a more accurate headline would be: Never Trumper again disagrees with the president.

Except he isn't a never Trumper. He was once a full-on Trumper. He is now a no longer Trumper.

The "resistance" delighted in Ivanka shutting down her clothing line. There was a whole campaign to boycott her company.

So boycotts are bad, except for when you are burning your Nike's in protest?

So now Judge Nap says Hunter didn't do anything illegal? How the heck does he know, the whole Burisma Holdings mess is under investigation in this country and in Ukraine starting with the oligarch that owns the company and provided Hunter Biden with such lucrative payments for his services.

Crony capitalism is what the right-wing lives and breathes, yet when a Democrat does it its suddenly the biggest scandal EVAAR.

Yes, it's corrupt. No, it's not illegal. This is what the right-wing has been fighting for.

Crony capitalism is what the right-wing lives and breathes, yet when a Democrat does it its suddenly the biggest scandal EVAAR.

Yes, it's corrupt. No, it's not illegal. This is what the right-wing has been fighting for.

Crony capitalism is what the left-wing lives and breathes, yet when a Republican does it its suddenly the biggest scandal EVAAR.

Fox News legal analyst: Hunter Biden's work overseas 'looks bad, but none of it is criminal' | TheHill

Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano said early Tuesday that Hunter Biden's work overseas "looks bad, but none of it is criminal."

"All of it looks bad, but none of it is criminal. And you know this is the way ... the Chinese operate," Napolitano said on "Fox & Friends." "They find someone who they think will gain them a toehold in American society and they offer money to some entity that the person is involved with. They didn’t put a billion dollars in his pocket, they invested $1 billion in some entity that he was managing."
==========================================
You know Trump has got agents all over China & Ukraine looking for dirt on Hunter Biden. Trump is got so much illegal baggage on himself it is the only resort he has (besides the Doral which I once attended).
Come on man! Biden is soft on China probably because Hunter is making bank in China. Don't want to upset that apple cart.

Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity just needed to get Hunter Biden's name in the news and get people talking about him like we are right this minute.

That was the only goal of those 3 subhumans.

So by all means we should elect Biden to President.

How about we wait until the investigation is complete.

Giuliani is gonna have a hard time manufacturing evidence for it from prison.

Hunter Biden was paid between 50 and 83 K a MONTH for a job that her had no experience with.

That is a whole lot more than board of directors typically get in the US. I wonder what the Russian oligarch expected to get for his money. Maybe it was to have Hunter's daddy stop the prosecutor from investigating Burisma and him.
A mid-career Member of the Board of Directors with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $66,466 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Member of the Board of Directors with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $90,000 based on 12 salaries.

Hunter Biden was paid between 50 and 83 K a MONTH for a job that her had no experience with.

That is a whole lot more than board of directors typically get in the US. I wonder what the Russian oligarch expected to get for his money. Maybe it was to have Hunter's daddy stop the prosecutor from investigating Burisma and him.

Jared Kushner.

Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity just needed to get Hunter Biden's name in the news and get people talking about him like we are right this minute.

That was the only goal of those 3 subhumans.
There is "spark of divinity? In the dignity and worth of every person?"

Back
Top Bottom