• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forgive Trump's Kissinger elevation/rehab or Nixon & Anna Chennault spiking '68 Paris Peace Talks?

Can you forgive Trump, Kissinger, Nixon, or Chennault, considering the evidence?

• I can forgive Kissinger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can forgive Nixon

• I can forgive Anna Chennault

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Forgive Trump's Kissinger elevation/rehab or Nixon & Anna Chennault spiking '68 Paris Peace Talks?

Jane Fonda is the object of scorn of the majority of recent poll voters (25 vs 20) who cannot forgive her for traveling to North Vietnam in July, 1972, just six months before the U.S. signed a treaty ending U.S. Military involvement in Vietnam.

Fonda claimed,

...By July 1972, when Fonda accepted an invitation to visit North Vietnam, America had been at war overseas and with itself for years. She went to tour the country’s dike system, which was rumored to have been intentionally bombed by American forces — something the U.S. government to this day forcefully denies. During her two-week stay, Fonda concluded that America was unjustly bombing farmland and areas far flung from military targets...

“I appealed to them to please consider what you are doing. I don’t think they know,” Fonda said in a news conference when she returned home.....

VS:
Remarks by President Trump in Meeting with Dr. Henry Kissinger
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-meeting-dr-henry-kissinger/
Oct 10, 2017 - Oval Office. 11:48 A.M. EDT. THE PRESIDENT: THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Henry Kissinger has been a friend of mine. I’ve liked him, I’ve respected him.
But we’ve been friends for a long time, long before my emergence in the world of politics, which has not been too long....

The Trial of Henry Kissinger Pg. 1
By Christopher Hitchens

The tactic “worked,” in that the South Vietnamese junta withdrew from the talks on the eve of the election, thereby destroying the “peace plank” on which the Democrats had contested it. In another way, it did not “work,” because four years later the Nixon administration concluded the war on the same terms that had been on offer in Paris.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/06/nixon-vietnam-candidate-conspired-with-foreign-power-win-election-215461
It took decades to unravel Nixon’s sabotage of Vietnam peace talks. Now, the full story can be told.

By JOHN A. FARRELL August 06, 2017

...Anna Chennault wrote a memoir, divulging some details, as did Bui Diem, the South Vietnamese ambassador to the United States at the time.

The biggest break came when trustees at the Lyndon Johnson Presidential Library decided to ignore Rostow’s instructions and make public the tapes and files that LBJ had wanted sealed. The 1994 opening of the so-called X-envelope, which included reports of the FBI’s surveillance of Chennault, and the 2008 release of the Johnson tapes from the 1968 election season caused a sensation. ...

From the Walt Rostow X-envelope:
RostowIMG_0451-e1462812606620.jpg

Re: Forgive Trump's Kissinger elevation/rehab or Nixon & Anna Chennault spiking '68 Paris Peace Talk

Remarks by President Trump in Meeting with Dr. Henry Kissinger
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-meeting-dr-henry-kissinger/
Oct 10, 2017 - Oval Office. 11:48 A.M. EDT. THE PRESIDENT: THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Henry Kissinger has been a friend of mine. I’ve liked him, I’ve respected him.
But we’ve been friends for a long time, long before my emergence in the world of politics, which has not been too long....

More details to consider.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Vietnam's_dikes
Bombing of Vietnam's dikes
....discussed bombing the dike network in a 1972 conversation on Operation Linebacker II, later published by Daniel Ellsberg:

Nixon: We've got to quit thinking in terms of a three-day strike [in the Hanoi-Haiphong area]. We've got to be thinking in terms of an all-out bombing attack -
which will continue until they - Now by all-out bombing attack, I am thinking about things that go far beyond. I'm thinking of the dikes,
I'm thinking of the railroad, I'm thinking, of course, the docks.
Kissinger: I agree with you.......

QUOTE]Nixon Proposed Using A-Bomb In Vietnam War
https://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/01/world/nixon-proposed-using-a-bomb-in-vietnam-war.html
Mar 1, 2002 - Mr. Nixon's abrupt suggestion, buried in 500 hours of tapes released today ..

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/10/henry-kissinger-regularly-talks-to-jared-kushner/
....Kissinger, who wrote Jared Kushner’s profile for the Time 100 most influential people list, is said to be providing the president’s son-in-law with advice on foreign policy on a regular basis....

Trump's Confidence Game
The Atlantic-Mar 19, 2018
Aides have advised him to avoid attacking Mueller; to avoid tweets that could have bearing on that and other legal cases; to avoid sweeping tariffs; not to ... at least have not materialized yet—and figures like Henry Kissinger, a long-tenured flatterer of power, are happy to praise him publicly in the Times.

Kissinger Meets Trump to Advise on North Korea, China
Daily Beast-Oct 10, 2017
On Tuesday morning, former U.S. Secretary of State and accused war criminal Henry Kissinger will meet President Trump at the White House again, this time to discuss North Korea and China, among other items, a White House official told The Daily Beast. Later in the day, Trump is scheduled to have lunch ...

Flawed Giant: Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1961-1973 Pg. 585
By Robert Dallek
RostowMemo1973Dallek1998.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Forgive Trump's Kissinger elevation/rehab or Nixon & Anna Chennault spiking '68 Paris Peace Talk

More details to consider.:

So in other words Fonda knowingly spewed enemy propaganda, and you think the idle musings of a president known for wild theories--- and a peace treaty which the North Vietnamese never had any intention of keeping, as shown by their full scale assault in 1975--- justifies that.

Jane Fonda is the object of scorn of the majority of recent poll voters (25 vs 20) who cannot forgive her for traveling to North Vietnam in July, 1972, just six months before the U.S. signed a treaty ending U.S. Military involvement in Vietnam.

Fonda claimed,

VS:

From the Walt Rostow X-envelope:
RostowIMG_0451-e1462812606620.jpg

I would be hugely appreciative if you would work on becoming clear and concise, I get the idea that you have something to say but this is way too much flotsam and jetsam to wade through.

tyvm

What the hell is this thread about?

What the hell is this thread about?

Is this thread DP QUALITY?

So in other words Fonda knowingly spewed enemy propaganda, and you think the idle musings of a president known for wild theories--- and a peace treaty which the North Vietnamese never had any intention of keeping, as shown by their full scale assault in 1975--- justifies that.

Alrighty! So, it is has nothing to do with Nixon's intent? Got it, thanks! You've been "shiny objected," by the best RNC, Nixon rehab propaganda well heeled donor money could buy! That propaganda happened a long time ago, so you are used to it fitting like a glove, vs having a sense of proportion in your analysis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chennault#Paris_Peace_Accords
In part, because Nixon won the presidency, no one was ever prosecuted for this violation of the Logan Act.[38][39][40] Cartha "Deke" DeLoach, then FBI Deputy Director, mentioned in his book Hoover's FBI that his agency was only able to connect a single November 2, 1968 phone call from the then Vice President candidate Spiro Agnew to Anna Chennault, unrecorded details of which Johnson believed were subsequently transmitted to Nixon.

In her book The Education of Anna, General Chennault told her, "We pilots have to do the most lunatic daring things but you take the cake." She states that later liaisons with Nixon staff were by telephone to then aide John N. Mitchell, via direct personal numbers that changed every several days, as was his custom. A week after the election and Nixon's fence-mending with Johnson in a joint statement announcing Vietnam policy, Mitchell asked Chennault to intercede again, this time to get Saigon to join the talks. She refused. According to her account, Nixon personally thanked her in 1969, she complained she "had suffered dearly" for her efforts on his behalf, and he replied, "Yes, I appreciate that. I know you are a good soldier."[41] The American journalist Catherine Forslund argued that Chennault would have been in a good position to demand that Nixon appoint her ambassador to an important American ally or that she be given some other prestigious job as a reward, but Chennault declined, fearing that she might have to answer difficult questions during the Senate confirmation hearings.[41] When testifying before the Senate, one has to take an oath to tell the truth, and any lie told would leave one to prosecution for perjury.

Chennault's interaction with the Paris Peace Accords on behalf of Nixon is sometimes called the "Chennault Affair."[42][43]

Is this thread DP QUALITY?

It appears to be about:

- the Nixon campaign scuttling the peace talks between South and North Vietnam in 1968, which prolonged the war and killed tens of thousands more...

- Jane Fonda's thing...

- And now a Trump thing.

Smashing names together in order to ask which is worse seems to be without a point.

Alrighty! So, it is has nothing to do with Nixon's intent? Got it, thanks! You've been "shiny objected," by the best RNC, Nixon rehab propaganda well heeled donor money could buy! That propaganda happened a long time ago, so you are used to it fitting like a glove, vs having a sense of proportion in your analysis.

No, it has nothing to do with the RNC. It has everything to do with the fact that Nixon had a habit of thinking out loud about absurd proposals. That's just a habit he had; there was no malign influence there, especially considering the fact that the use of nuclear weapons in Indochina had been thought about as far back as the French and Dien Bien Phu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vulture

Once again, nothing that excuses spewing enemy propaganda in the middle of a war.

It appears to be about:

- the Nixon campaign scuttling the peace talks between South and North Vietnam in 1968, which prolonged the war and killed tens of thousands more...

- Jane Fonda's thing...

- And now a Trump thing.

Smashing names together in order to ask which is worse seems to be without a point.

There is a lack of coherence, endemic on this forum, that is at the root of ignoring/underplaying/distracting from the elephant in the room, so to speak.

Those who agree that the last thing this country needs is elevation of Kissinger while ignoring what he and his boss Nixon did,
will easily understand the point of the thread, the poll, and the supporting details I have presented.

No, it has nothing to do with the RNC. It has everything to do with the fact that Nixon had a habit of thinking out loud about absurd proposals. That's just a habit he had; there was no malign influence there, especially considering the fact that the use of nuclear weapons in Indochina had been thought about as far back as the French and Dien Bien Phu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vulture

Once again, nothing that excuses spewing enemy propaganda in the middle of a war.

Scapegoating the least powerful and consequential and being an apologist for the most powerful, is odd, at least from my POV.

Scapegoating the least powerful and consequential and being an apologist for the most powerful, is odd, at least from my POV.

Once again, it's not "scapegoating" when someone actually does something, and does it of their own free will.

Making excuses for supporting enemies of the United States of America is more than just "odd" in my book.

NO; they are all tainted, never to B sainted ................ go hang with the Devil you know ...................

Once again, it's not "scapegoating" when someone actually does something, and does it of their own free will.

Making excuses for supporting enemies of the United States of America is more than just "odd" in my book.

Please understand why your continuing focus on judging Fonda, in the greater scheme of things, speaks volumes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pitch_(Seinfeld)

Eisenhower, on his way out, warned about the MIC. JFK pushed back against it.

From the book, Robert Kennedy in his own words:
Third Oral History Interview with
ROBERT F. KENNEDY
April 30, 1964

.....Kennedy:
Just the loss of all of Southeast Asia if you lost Vietnam. I think everybody was quite clear that the rest of Southeast Asia would fall.

Martin:
What if it did?

Kennedy:
Just have profound effects as far as our position throughout the world, and our position in a rather vital part of the world. Also, it would affect what happened in India, of course, which in turn has an effect on the Middle East. Just, it would have, everybody felt, a very adverse effect. It would have an effect on Indonesia, hundred million population. All of these countries would be affected by the fall of Vietnam to the Communists, particularly as we had made such a fuss in the United States both under President Eisenhower and President Kennedy about the preservation of the integrity of Vietnam.

Martin:
There was never any consideration given to pulling out?

Kennedy:
No.

Martin:
But the same time, no disposition to go in all . . .

Kennedy:
No . . .

Martin:
. . . in an all out way as we went into Korea. We were trying to avoid a Korea, is that correct?

Kennedy:
Yes, because I, everybody including General MacArthur felt that land conflict between our troops, white troops and Asian, would only lead to, end in disaster. So it was. . . . We went in as advisers, but to try to get the Vietnamese to fight themselves, because we couldn't win the war for them. They had to win the war for themselves....
After 22 November, 1963, the MIC directed LBJ, reversed JFK's insight influenced Vietnam policy...

Was Vietnam Jfk's War? - Newsweek
Was Vietnam Jfk's War?
Oct 20, 1996 - As he headed off to face the reporters, JFK yelled after him, ""And tell them that means all of the helicopter pilots, too.''Kennedy's own public statements on Vietnam were cautious, and sometimes contradictory.

MIC boosters LBJ and Nixon later turned on each other:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...261-b4d7-9aaad200ccde/?utm_term=.cb5cf84c8547
THE SECRET NIXON-LBJ WAR
By Daniel Schorr May 28, 1995
A close friend and adviser of Humphrey, Max M. Kampelman, says the vice president declined the offer, lacking evidence of Nixon's direct involvement and fearful of the perception of a last-minute political ruse that could backfire. Over that weekend, opinion polls showed Humphrey rapidly closing on Nixon.

Clark Clifford, then secretary of defense, tells a different story in his memoir,.. He says that Johnson, ambivalent about Humphrey, decided against giving the vice president the evidence of Republican obstruction.

That LBJ would leave two trusted aides like Califano and Clifford with contradictory impressions was not unusual. But Clifford has to be wrong. Kampelman affirmed to me a few days ago that Humphrey told him of having received and declined Johnson's offer.

After the election, Kampelman says, President-elect Nixon privately expressed his appreciation for Humphrey's "patriotism" in not raising the issue of the stalled peace talks. Johnson, unable to win the Vietnam War and frustrated in his "October surprise" peace effort, moved to the LBJ ranch in Texas, with his espionage reports on Nixonian obstruction.

The Nixon-Johnson standoff remained quiescent for four more years until after Nixon's landslide reelection in 1972. In early January 1973, DeLoach says he heard from the LBJ ranch -- the first conversation with the ex-president since he left office. Johnson, DeLoach says, told him that Nixon's people were putting pressure on him to avert a congressional investigation of Watergate and threatening otherwise to expose his surveillance activities during the 1968 campaign.

Johnson had a counter-threat ready -- the decoded message from the South Vietnamese embassy. DeLoach quotes LBJ's words: "If they try to give me trouble, I'll pull that cable from my files and turn the tables on them."

Not many days later, on Jan. 22, 1973, Johnson had his fatal heart attack. President Nixon wrote in his diary that the "sadness" was that LBJ had not been able to establish his place in history by "winning a peace with honor in Vietnam."

Last edited:

Please understand why your continuing focus on judging Fonda, in the greater scheme of things, speaks volumes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pitch_(Seinfeld)

Eisenhower, on his way out, warned about the MIC. JFK pushed back against it.

After 22 November, 1963, the MIC directed LBJ, reversed JFK's insight influenced Vietnam policy...

MIC boosters LBJ and Nixon later turned on each other:

JFK was the one who got us deeply involved in Vietnam in the first place.

Incredibly, a Seinfeld episode still doesn't justify spewing enemy propaganda during a war :roll:

What a joke. You keep babbling various theories and fantasies and yet are utterly unable to provide actual evidence to support your premise that supporting enemies of the US is a-ok

JFK was the one who got us deeply involved in Vietnam in the first place.

Incredibly, a Seinfeld episode still doesn't justify spewing enemy propaganda during a war :roll:

What a joke. You keep babbling various theories and fantasies and yet are utterly unable to provide actual evidence to support your premise that supporting enemies of the US is a-ok

Who first sent USA troops into Vietnam, since you want to play historical revision games and don't understand administration overlap ?

Who first sent USA troops into Vietnam, since you want to play historical revision games and don't understand administration overlap ?

Oh, there's no "historical revisionism" going on. JFK was a big fan of special operations like the Bay of Pigs(and sending special forces to Vietnam, obviously) and he certaintly ensured that we got involved there as a result.

Oh, there's no "historical revisionism" going on. JFK was a big fan of special operations like the Bay of Pigs(and sending special forces to Vietnam, obviously) and he certaintly ensured that we got involved there as a result.

Yet you couldn't answer my question as to who sent American troops to Vietnam first, since you're all about history.
Nor do you show any understanding of administration overlap, not that you're alone ...

There is a lack of coherence, endemic on this forum, that is at the root of ignoring/underplaying/distracting from the elephant in the room, so to speak.

Those who agree that the last thing this country needs is elevation of Kissinger while ignoring what he and his boss Nixon did,
will easily understand the point of the thread, the poll, and the supporting details I have presented.

I am experiencing a disconnect here. The scuttling of the peace talks involved Nixon's campaign aides in the late-summer of 1968. The evidence is clear and we now know (since 2013) that even Johnson was aware of what he was doing, but could not really publicize it because of how Intel (FBI and CIA) was being gathered. Instead, Johnson chose to warn Nixon, through other Republican Senators, that what he was doing could amount to treason and to cease. The next thing we know, the South pulled out of the talks, implying that Nixon's promise of a better deal, if he was elected, hit home.

Kissinger, however, who had been dealing with Vietnam since 1965, was only appointed as Nixon's National Security Adviser later in January of 1969. The evidence does not present Kissinger as a player in this 1968 treasonous issue.

Last edited:

Yet you couldn't answer my question as to who sent American troops to Vietnam first, since you're all about history.
Nor do you show any understanding of administration overlap, not that you're alone ...

Yes, Eisenhower sent troops to Vietnam; JFK did nothing to change that, and rather ramped things up. Something which, of course, you seem to have forgotten.

Oh, there's no "historical revisionism" going on. JFK was a big fan of special operations like the Bay of Pigs(and sending special forces to Vietnam, obviously) and he certainty ensured that we got involved there as a result.

This isn't entirely accurate.

- Eisenhower committed. In 1956, the U.S. assumed full responsibility of training the South Vietnamese Army from France. According to the Geneva Accords, the U.S. was limited to 342 troops, but through certain "humanitarian" deceits, the numbers came to 692. Between 1955 and 1960, the U.S. poured more than $1.5 billion in economic and military aid. And by 1961, there were already 1500 American troops present; and the U.S. mission in Saigon was the largest in the world. Historically, it was (is) still considered a limited commitment, but it was Eisenhower who ensured that we got involved.

- Kennedy introduced no major policy change to this (though introduced spiraling turning points), plunged deeper; BUT within the context of the Cold War which was reaching a critical stage around the globe in 1961. He first approved an additional $42 million to the annual budget to expand the South Vietnamese Army and first increased Eisenhower's MAAG number by 100 while introducing 400 special forces troops. However, by the end of 1961, he doubled down on Eisenhower's 1500 number. There were now 3,205 troops in South Vietnam. And by the end of 1962, there would be more than 9,000 under various disguises, though it was widely known (outside of the American public) that Kennedy clearly violated the Geneva Accords. By the time he was assassinated, the numbers hovered around 16,300. But like Johnson, the effort in Vietnam remained limited under Kennedy with its focus on the South Vietnamese Army.

- Of course, then Johnson (through more spiraling turning points) blew the door open and Americanized the war completely. His first few months saw further deterioration in South Vietnam (Diem had been assassinated). Like the others, he did not wish to lose, nor did he know how to win. Therefore, he transitioned what was limited into an open-ended commitment between 1963 and 1965. In NSAM 288 (1964), Johnson elevated the Adviser numbers from 16,300 to 23,300 and expanded economic aid by $50 million. Johnson used the Tonken issue to secure congressional resolution authorizing him to take "all necessary measures to repel any armed attacks against the forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression." This was used to retaliate when a U.S. Army barracks was attacked in February 1965. Johnson initiated sustained and exponential bombing attacks on the North until May. In July he ordered the immediate deployment of 50,000 troops to South Vietnam. All the while, like Kennedy, deceiving the American public. These decisions in late 1964 and throughout 1965 blew the door open. By 1967 there were 485,000 American troops in Vietnam. Now, almost half a million is a very far cry from Kennedy's 16,300. Instead of escalating economic aid and troop numbers to almost half a million, Johnson could have cut American loses way back when the number was only 16,300.

- Nixon inherited a full-scale war. Peak numbers came in 1969 with 543,000 American troops in Vietnam. Nixon went on to try to bomb his way out of Vietnam through a "peace with honor." And again, all the while deceiving the American public. Operation Linebacker II (the infamous Christmas bombing), between December 18 and December 29 of 1972 marked the end of the enthusiasm to look for victory through escalating force. But during Nixon's four years, an additional 20,553 American troops were killed, over 100,000 South Vietnamese troops were killed, and over a million North Vietnamese troops were killed. Who knows how many civilians. All of this..after Nixon's campaign team scuttled Johnson's 1968 peace talks in order to defeat Humphrey in the election. If that's not a betrayal to country and treason, I don't know what it.

The leaked Pentagon Papers proved that, one after the other (Eisenhower to Johnson), each lacked a full understanding of why we were there and what was really happening; and each made it a point to not lose while trying to get out. All of them, to include Nixon, was hammered by contemporary Foreign Policy experts and Generals for more and more. They are all to blame, but I wouldn't accuse Kennedy of getting us "deeply involved." That was Johnson. Kennedy was the bridge between Eisenhower's limited war to Johnson's open-ended full on Americanization.

Last edited:

Yes, Eisenhower sent troops to Vietnam; JFK did nothing to change that, and rather ramped things up. Something which, of course, you seem to have forgotten.

Sounds like you need a course in Administration Overlap 101 ...

I am experiencing a disconnect here. The scuttling of the peace talks involved Nixon's campaign aides in the late-summer of 1968. The evidence is clear and we now know (since 2013) that even Johnson was aware of what he was doing, but could not really publicize it because of how Intel (FBI and CIA) was being gathered. Instead, Johnson chose to warn Nixon, through other Republican Senators, that what he was doing could amount to treason and to cease. The next thing we know, the South pulled out of the talks, implying that Nixon's promise of a better deal, if he was elected, hit home.

Kissinger, however, who had been dealing with Vietnam since 1965, was only appointed as Nixon's National Security Adviser later in January of 1969. The evidence does not present Kissinger as a player in this 1968 treasonous issue.
MSgt, Kissinger was "all in" as far as Linebacker II. Recall that Bush appointed "Kissinger" to chair a 9/11 investigation. The reaction that this appointment amounted to
a "fix," along with Kissinger's involvement in the elimination of Allende in Chile, pressured Kissinger into a graceful way out, conflicts of interests due to his business
relationships/activities. "Cable ties Kissinger to Chile controversy" Cable ties Kissinger to Chile controversy - Boston.com

Sadly, Hillary Clinton is also a friend of Kissinger but it could be due to them both being prominent Secretaries of State, and we will never know
if she would emphasize Kissinger as her White House advisor as Trump is doing. My core message is stop voting for and defending your captors!
A small excerpt from Hitchens's "Trial of Kissinger" included in the OP of this thread drove my decision to associate the recent Trump elevation of
Kissinger in the poll.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_Henry_Kissinger#Reception
The Trial of Henry Kissinger Pg. 1
By Christopher Hitchens

....The tactic “worked,” in that the South Vietnamese junta withdrew from the talks on the eve of the election, thereby destroying the “peace plank” on which the Democrats had contested it. In another way, it did not “work,” because four years later the Nixon administration concluded the war on the same terms that had been on offer in Paris.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_Henry_Kissinger#Reception
Vietnam War whistleblower Fred Branfman argued that "only a nation in deep spiritual and psychological disarray could honor a man with as much blood on his hands as Henry Kissinger" and wrote that "[Hitchens'] book deserves much wider attention."[7]

Memo to Nixon detailed his campaign's interference in Paris peace talks

Ray Locker, USA TODAYPublished 10:03 a.m. ET May 28, 2015

President Lyndon Johnson had evidence that officials in Richard Nixon's 1968 presidential campaign had interfered in the Paris Peace Talks aimed at ending the Vietnam War, a top aide to Nixon wrote in a 1970 memorandum that was recently released by the National Archives.
....."The most sensitive — and perhaps most troubling — aspect of the Chennault affair was the use of federal investigatory and intelligence agencies in an operation which had highly political domestic implications," Huston wrote Nixon.

At the time of the February 1970 memorandum, Nixon had already authorized what would become 17 wiretaps on government officials and journalists to stop the suspected leaks of secrets from inside the White House and government. Huston did not know about those wiretaps, whose existence were known only to Nixon, National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger, his deputy Alexander Haig, and a handful of other officials....

.....and in research of much less suppressed history than this, it is difficult, as I am sure our conservative friends are well aware of, to completely divorce feelings from verifiable fact.

Kissinger's Back...As 9/11 Truth-Seeker | The Nation

https://www.thenation.com/article/kissingers-backas-911-truth-seeker/

Nov 27, 2002 - ... Kissinger participated in a GOP plot to undermine the 1968 Paris peace talks in order to assist Richard Nixon's presidential campaign. Once in ...

The Kissinger Deceit | The Nation

https://www.thenation.com/article/kissinger-deceit/

Dec 5, 2002 - Kissinger assisted a GOP plot to undermine the 1968 Paris peace talks to help Richard Nixon's presidential campaign.

Chasing Shadows: The Nixon Tapes, the Chennault Affair, and the Origins of ...
By Ken Hughes
KenHughesChasingShadowsWatergate1968tapes.jpg

This controversy has more tentacles than an octopus!

Sounds like you need a course in Administration Overlap 101 ...

Sounds like you need a course in "just because you have illusions about JFK doesn't change the historical reality of what he did". I suppose that could be summed uo as "historical accuracy" 101.

Back
Top Bottom